Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1784 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Sorry guys, was again stuck. :(
    But be assured that all replies will be replied soon. Thanks for bearing with me.

hi RA
    here is floor plan for GATEWAY

EAST WISE; HALL,open to garden.
    WEST entry,
    NORTH KIDS bed room,
    SOUTHWEST MASTERBEDROOM
    Can u guide on this layout.
    REagrds,
    savvy_v:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by savvy_v
    hi RA
    here is floor plan for GATEWAY

EAST WISE; HALL,open to garden.
    WEST entry,
    NORTH KIDS bed room,
    SOUTHWEST MASTERBEDROOM
    Can u guide on this layout.
    REagrds,
    savvy_v:)

savvy_v,

Man, again Amanora ?? :D
    Anyways, replying to you as it is short & simple one.
    Based on the directions mentioned by you, there is toilet in NE. Hence, drop this flat even if it is offered free of cost.

Btw, m.bed is not in SW but SE !! SW has attached bath but most of it is cut due to the duct.

I will answer remaining queries of other members today. Now going out for lunch, have a meeting with finance dept guys after it. Once it is over, I will reply today for sure.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cvs9903
    Dear Realacres,

First of all, I really appreciate you for giving valuable tips on vastu thereby helping a lot of persons in taking a good decision regarding their property purchase. Coming to my problem, the flat in which I am presently staying (owned by my spouse and me jointly) has main entrace in the north west (north side of the west). It has two bedrooms both on the east side. The north east corner of the house is in the 2nd bed room. The m. bedroom is on the south east (east of south) but we have given it to two children, and mother as shared bed room. The kitchen is on the north west (with entrace on the north of west) at one end of the hall and the other end of the hall has the only balcony of the house (on the south west). The flat is three sides open, on the first floor of four storied building which has 3 flats on each floor ( there is a flat bang opposite to my flat and a stair case just adjoining to my kitchen wall going downstairs). There are roads on east and south of the flat the north and west side has small passage and staircase) Only one wall (the hall) is joining with the neighbouring flat. I shall be grateful to you if you could kindly advise me on the vastu properties of the house.

In continuation to the above post, I add that the flat has two toilets. Both attached to the bedrooms (placed between two bed rooms ). The toilets share walls with hall, both bed rooms and the east outerwall of the flat. One toilet seat face towards West and the other towards east.

The Flat is in rectagle shape. Hall is rectangular, kitchen, both bed rooms are in almost square shape.

Though we have no dearth of money the spending is huge. There are no serious health problems. Both of us got two promtions each after shifting to this house.

What I want to know is the effect of this house on my children and on our financial health. Thanks a ton in advance.

Regards.
    CommentQuote
  • sir, do you mean to say this flat is not good as per vaastu.should i go for sell out or should i keep this by incorporating remedial mesures.also i have 2 daughter ,weather 2nd bed room is alright for them.
    please revert

Yes, the flat is not according to Vastushastra. As said before; the issues are :-

Kitchen in North;
    Major cut in NE due to lift.
    Part of toilet adjoining dining coming in Brahmasthan;
    Cut in NW.

Of all these, 2nd and 3rd are very critical. The energy axis is from NE-Brahmasthan-SW.
    The energy enters the house from NE & Brahmasthan & rests at SW. When NE, Brahmasthan is affected, there is fault in energy equilibrium of the house & hence if you can shift out, it will be better.
    However, for the time being, you can do the above mentioned remedies, get some benefit from it & then once convinced, you can shift.
    God Bless. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Hello RA,

Please find attached layout of my rented house located at First Floor. Could you suggest if there is any Vaastu fault and its remedy. Sorry for the not good quaity layout.

Regards,

The directions you have mentioned are wrong. East is towards RIGHT OF NORTH, you have mentioned there west. Either North is wrong or East.
    Just let me know North direction & then upload the floor plan, that's all what I require.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

I have been going thru' lot of your posts in which you had helped many other forum members by giving very valuable inputs on vastu.

I have booked an apartment recently. But wanted to get your opinion on the vastu compliance of the apartment. Please find attached the floor plan of the apartment.

Thanks in advance!!!

kannan82

I am talking about flat no.2 as dimensions are seen only here.

> Have the entrance door in white color,

> Living, Dining have no issues,

>Verandah is fantastic, comes in NE. Plant a Tulsi here, preferably in Tulsi Vrindavan,

> Maids room is also OK, no issues with that,

> Make parallel platforms in kitchen & cook facing East. Create loft, if required on entire South wall of kitchen,

> Pooja is wrong. Ideal location is 2 followed by 3. You can even have it in NE part of 7 bedroom if this room is going to be used as study,

> The toilet 9 should be used only for bathing & not as toilet. You can use 12,13 for both the purposes,

> You should place Rose Crystal quartz in bedroom 8. Avoid use of blue color,

> Swap 10 with 11. The dresser goes to master suite location & vice-versa,

> Have brown & shades of brown in m.bed,

> Keep red rose, red hibiscus flower plants in 15 balcony, if you have one attached to the m.bedroom. If not, ignore this point,

> 1, 14, 4 & 6 need to be painted in pure white,

> There is cut in NW, so best to have entrance in white as said above & have sharp white light in the lobby,

> You can have some water fountain or flat pot with water with real or artificial flowers at 2. If not, you should have a kalash with water & change the water on alternate days. Gangajal is preferred, if not normal water will also do.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello RA sir,

There is a correction in the understanding of floor plan(My mistake as I forgot to include this). Regarding the angle I will have to check with a compass but as per broucher it is NE centre.

Please check the angle. Anything more than 10 degrees is not good & more importantly, the reading changes & main directions may go in corners, while walls, doors etc. are in sub-directions.

1: Entrance is from south east. My flat's floor plan is the mirror image (on Y axis) of the plan I have attached or you can say this floor plan is an exact match of my neighboring flat whose entrance door is exact opposite of mine.(Please refer to the rotated picture pasted at the end of post)

It will be better if you can upload your own floor plan. Though I can visualize the floor plan, I don't want to take any risk of wrong inputs. Will comment only when I see floor plan of your own plan with exact directions. Btw, when you mean South-East, please mention whether it is South facing or East facing.

Does this bring any changes in what you have already suggested?

2: Cooking direction will be SE or NW. kitchen is already build by design as a parallel kitchen. Any suggestions for improvements.

Can't comment man, floor plan please.

3: I have elliptical dining table. Is it Ok or should I change it.

Yes, you have to change it. It has to be either square or rectangle. Wood is preferred, though you can have itched or designer glass over the wooden surface. Just ensure that person's feet are not seen while having food on dining table. Place dining table in such a way that you face North or East while eating, drinking.

4 does M.bed stands for master bedroom?

Yes, you're correct. M.bed means master bedroom.

Thanks again!

You're welcome. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Too much thanks RA for make it very clear and your reply.
    One day I will ask you vastu about my flat. But I don't know how I can attach the map over here.
    I am trying to do hope I will solve this.

Many many thanks again.

Thanks for your kind words man :).
    You can upload the floor plan by using the option, "Manage Attachments" which can be seen below the window where you type your posts.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    Since No Flat is available, I can not take any other flat.

Pls highlight what are the problem, & any action we can take during construction & any solution with Vastushastra

There are 2 major flaws in the flat :-

1) Entrance is in SW;
    2) Major cut in NE.

Other issues are with location of kitchen & also the common toilet & location of both the bedrooms.
    For entrance in SW, I can give some solutions (which will still not be 100% effective as SW entrance is dangerous). But there is no solution for NE cut & common toilet.

All in all, it will be best if you can cancel this flat altogether as remedies won't suffice as issues are very major.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you so much RealAcres Sir for the reply. I will try to follow the advise given by you. Since this is a rented flat it will not be possible to make any changes.

Please pardon my ignorance as I am asking you some very basic things.

Is there any option other than to stop using the North Bathroom/Toilet. I stay with wife, a small daughter and my younger brother who is also working. It is bit difficult to use the other bathroom/toilet by everyone. Rest other solution can definitely be implemented.

You can use this as bathroom but not as toilet. Keeping raw salt does help but not using this North toi is best. You can use it for bathing in worse condition though.

What is this raw salt and where can I get this. Is this the same as the normal salt which we use in food.

It is actually called, Samudri Namak in simple words. It is the unprocessed salt available at kirana shop for INR 5-6/kg.

What is rose quartz and where can I get this. We sleep with head towards south. The bed is in SW corner of the room because if we place the bed in the middle (South direction) there will be little space both the sides of the bed. Do you advise to shift to the middle or is it fine if it is at SW corner.

Rose crystal quartz is a semi precious stone which you can get from shop which deals in various types of gemstones. It is pinkish in color.
    The bed location, is OK if there is practical difficulty.

The colour of the drawing room is light pink. It will not be possible for me to get it changed as this is a rented flat. We use white colour light CFL in the living. Is that fine or shall I use something else or increase the wattage of the CFL.

Color has to be white. If not, then have white elements like white flowers (artificial will do), white vases/pots, furniture etc. Even the curtains used can be white.

We face East while cooking in the kitchen.

Good.

We have the pooja ghar in the master bedroom on the west side just near the door. We can not have this in the NE room as this room is used by my brother and we perform pooja in our room.

Ideally, pooja room has to be in NE. Other options are North & East.

We have many pots in the SW balcony, but some of the pots are cemented ones. Is that fine or should we replace them with the earthen pots. There is no balcony above ours as we have the terrace above our floor.

No need to replace them. But from now onwards, bring earthen pots. The main issue is making SW heavy & it being Earth element, there has to be soil. It doesn't matter then if soil is in cement pot or earthen. Earthen is preferred because it is natural, and is brown in color, that's all.

The furniture is mostly on the south or west except in the NE room. In the NE room the bed is in North direction and a table in the NE direction. We can not move the bed to the South or West side due to the orientation of the doors.

Then atleast ensure that the bed is not touching the wall. Have atleast 2 inches gap between bed & the wall. And sleep with head towards South.

We have TV in the North side of the drawing room and the TV stand occupies nearly all the space. Some space on the left side is needed as the main door is there, and we have the shoe rack and due to this the main door do not open fully. And we can not place full length mirror on the right side as there is electrical board. Is it fine if I place full length mirror on the North wall but its not that wide, may be just half a feet or so wide.

First of all, the door has to open completely, atleast 90 degrees. If shoe rack or anything is blocking the door, remove it ASAP as this blocks opportunities coming your way. Under any circumstances, irrespective of door location, the door should open fully & preferably towards left from inside if it is a single door.
    As far as mirror is concerned, it has to be 2ft in width.

I may be sounding very ignorant, and have some restrictions in implementing few things because I do not have all the freedom as this is a rented flat and only option will be to vacate this flat and search new one and I am not sure how will be the new flat.

I will be grateful if you can reply.

Well, if you can shift to some other flat, it will be fantastic. And yes, you can shortlist some flats, put all the floor plans here & we can pick the best amongst all. Ofcourse, if all are junk, then you will have to search again. So while searching itself, keep the basic things in mind, so that it doesn't create problem later.

If you still have further query, kindly revert.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Realacres,

First of all, I really appreciate you for giving valuable tips on vastu thereby helping a lot of persons in taking a good decision regarding their property purchase. Coming to my problem, the flat in which I am presently staying (owned by my spouse and me jointly) has main entrace in the north west (north side of the west). It has two bedrooms both on the east side. The north east corner of the house is in the 2nd bed room. The m. bedroom is on the south east (east of south) but we have given it to two children, and mother as shared bed room. The kitchen is on the north west (with entrace on the north of west) at one end of the hall and the other end of the hall has the only balcony of the house (on the south west). The flat is three sides open, on the first floor of four storied building which has 3 flats on each floor ( there is a flat bang opposite to my flat and a stair case just adjoining to my kitchen wall going downstairs). There are roads on east and south of the flat the north and west side has small passage and staircase) Only one wall (the hall) is joining with the neighbouring flat. I shall be grateful to you if you could kindly advise me on the vastu properties of the house.

Thanks & I will surely reply but only after you upload the floor plan here.
    Problem is many people don't take into consideration ducts, lifts (if intruding in flat), terraces etc. while stating directions.
    Eg. Look at savvy_v floor plan of Amanora here. He uploaded the floor plan but mentioned m.bed in SW but in reality it is in SE-South & SW is cut as it is gone in duct & partially in attached bath.

To avoid giving some wrong readings, it will be best if you can upload the floor plan alongwith the directions, after which I will surely reply.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi
    Pls advise me on vastu for the attached flat as well as the plot where the flat is. I have also shown the stairs for this floor. There are 4 flats on 1 floor. The door of the flat opposite is also marked. Pls let me know how much % the flat is OK? and also any vastu dosh and remedy. thanks in advance.

There is some deviation from the main angle. First, find out the exact deviation of the angle. If it is less than 10 degrees, then its OK.

Man, is this 2.5 BR flat, as I can see only 2 baths ?
    The major prob is the bath/toi in SE corner of flat, which needs to be closed down permanently. The common bath/toi is good but then you will be left with single bath/toi in the flat. Is it OK with you ? If yes, we can proceed, if not, search for another flat as bath/toi in SE has no effective remedy (please note effective remedy). This is critical as you are placing Water in location of Fire.
    CommentQuote
  • In continuation to the above post, I add that the flat has two toilets. Both attached to the bedrooms (placed between two bed rooms ). The toilets share walls with hall, both bed rooms and the east outerwall of the flat. One toilet seat face towards West and the other towards east.

The Flat is in rectagle shape. Hall is rectangular, kitchen, both bed rooms are in almost square shape.

Though we have no dearth of money the spending is huge. There are no serious health problems. Both of us got two promtions each after shifting to this house.

What I want to know is the effect of this house on my children and on our financial health. Thanks a ton in advance.

Regards.

As said above, it will be best if you can upload the floor plan of your house so as to make precise calculations.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes the deviation is not more than 10-15deg.

Also its 3 bed and 2 bath/toi.
    The bath/toi that you mention in SE, isn't that S. I actually thought it was S. As I am considering that Kitchen is perfect SE. the house is not in perfect NEWS direction. The main door is facing W of NW. pls advise. Any other Major flaw.

What is your take on shape of flat, its in the same attachment, just scroll below.
    thanks and regards.

Originally Posted by realacres
    There is some deviation from the main angle. First, find out the exact deviation of the angle. If it is less than 10 degrees, then its OK.

Man, is this 2.5 BR flat, as I can see only 2 baths ?
    The major prob is the bath/toi in SE corner of flat, which needs to be closed down permanently. The common bath/toi is good but then you will be left with single bath/toi in the flat. Is it OK with you ? If yes, we can proceed, if not, search for another flat as bath/toi in SE has no effective remedy (please note effective remedy). This is critical as you are placing Water in location of Fire.
    CommentQuote
  • In continuation to my earlier post

Hello RA,

Thanks for answering few of my questions. In continuation to my last post, I have prepared my floor plan from the details builder has specified in the broucher. There is generic floor plan provided by builder with directions mentioned for the buildings only..

Second picture I have attached at the bottom is of my society. My flat is in the building marked with black circle and the direction of balcony is same as the arrow ended with a comment(Direction of balcony) marked in the society map. As per the compass, all the balconies are in NE direction (It will come between North and East) and Main door entrance will be in between south and East direction. You only have to visualize the balconies in NE direction. I hope I am able to explain this clearly...

(Please ignore the size and name of the rooms as they are they appearing as rotated because I created my floor plan image from an existing image)

Please let me know If this changes any of your earlier comments mentioned in below post.

Also is it bad If any of four directions are coming in any corner of flat. Any remedy for this??

Regards
    Iminvestor

Originally Posted by realacres
    Thanks for your kind words. And you can call me just RA man, no need of Sir. :)

Please check the angle as if angle deviation is more, it changes all the directions entirely & therefore the readings. The following readings are based taking into consideration that the deviation in angle is not more than 10 degrees.

Good. Changes :-

> See if door can be shifted more towards NE (currently it is in NW). It will good even if it can be shifted to North.

> The kitchen platform should be made such that you face East while cooking. No point in having kitchen in East if you face North/South while cooking as seen on the floor plan.

Pooja ghar should never be outside the house. Balcony, terrace, garden etc. are out of these 4 walls of house. Keep pooja ghar in NE part of the house (inside) in such a way that you face east while performing pooja.

> The bedroom in SE-East should be painted pastel green. Place a rose quartz crystal here.

> Plant red color rose, red hibiscus etc. in both the terraces attached to the bedrooms.

> Keep the beds exactly as shown in the floor plan.

> The m.bed should have furniture, curtains in brown & shades of brown color as much as possible,

> The TV should be located on North wall of the living.

> Have dining chairs arranged in such a way that one faces North, East while eating/drinking. West is also OK, but never face South while consuming food, water.

> Have the dining table in square/rectangle shape only. Best to have it of wooden. Avoid glass as much as possible. You can ofcourse have glass on wooden base.

> Curtain color of living room should cream, off-white or lemon;
    The child bedroom should be in maroon, reddish in color,
    M.bed should be brown in color.

> Place tulsi plant in terrace attached to living room & lit lamp in front of it regularly alongwith incense stick. Keep this terrace as light as much as possible. Don't clutter & have least number of plants so as to avoid weight. In short, don't make this terrace heavy, this NE terrace has to be the lightest part of your entire house.

> And yes, usage of raw sea salt (replace after 15 days) in bathroom is universal.

* One major note :-

Never use antique furniture, goods etc. Infact, even if you own a furniture which is more than 10 years old, replace it with new one.

If you have further queries, please revert.
    God bless. :)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote