Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Realacres,

you are doing a great job! congratulations for that

I had a basic query, when figuring out the directions, should one stand with the compass in the middle of the house?

Thanks man.
    To get proper directions, the following method should be used :-

> Standing outside the entrance door, 3-4 ft away (looking towards the door),
    > Standing inside the entrance door (facing outside),
    > Keep the compass on flat surface in centre of the house,
    > Finally, take the reading at the last corner of the house.

Remember, to remove cell fone while checking directions as the needle of the compass deviates because of the cell fone radiation. Also, ensure there is no iron nearby. This happens in case of under-construction building where lot of iron, steel rods etc. is lying around.

The reading should be exactly the same everywhere, if not, the property suffers from geopathic stress which is not good for living at all. I have seen flats where the geopathic stress levels are so high that the needle never remains stable & in such case, never buy even if flat is giving free of cost.

Btw, always use good quality compass, & not rely on those key-chain compass or those which are available for 10-20 rupees.

Hope this clarifies your doubt. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Thanks man.
    To get proper directions, the following method should be used :-

> Standing outside the entrance door, 3-4 ft away (looking towards the door),
    > Standing inside the entrance door (facing outside),
    > Keep the compass on flat surface in centre of the house,
    > Finally, take the reading at the last corner of the house.

Remember, to remove cell fone while checking directions as the needle of the compass deviates because of the cell fone radiation. Also, ensure there is no iron nearby. This happens in case of under-construction building where lot of iron, steel rods etc. is lying around.

The reading should be exactly the same everywhere, if not, the property suffers from geopathic stress which is not good for living at all. I have seen flats where the geopathic stress levels are so high that the needle never remains stable & in such case, never buy even if flat is giving free of cost.

Btw, always use good quality compass, & not rely on those key-chain compass or those which are available for 10-20 rupees.

Hope this clarifies your doubt. :)

Amazing, very very helpful man.

And funny, I was gonna use the iPhone compass itself for the readings - and you mention I should switch off the phone altogether. Will get a nice compass now :)
    CommentQuote
    OK.
    Hence, opt for #3 but have some partition between pooja room & dining, it can be of wood or wood + glass.

Just ensure that you sleep with your head towards South. If bed placement is as given in floor plan, get the switches shifted accordingly for your convenience, if possible.
    And yes, there is no compromise in sleeping with head towards South. This has to be the case in all bedrooms.

Write in if you have more queries.
    God bless. :)

Thank you very much RA for giving detailed clarifications and recommendations. I will definitely try to implement all your valuable recommendations.

Can you please check if the bed positions, master bedroom and pooja locations are good now in the attached floorplan? Also, I have replaced 14 with Toilet for Guests in NW. Hope thats ok.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • flat in dwarka

Thanks RA. But I have 1 confusion. Pls make me understand how the bath is in SE. I am just not getting that? Your clarification will help me understand how to do the directions.
    I think I am not able to get your question on deviation, so not able to answer it correctly. I just read some previous posts and understand deviation as angle from perfect North. if Yes, Then as you see in the attachment - the deviation is approx 50degree from N or 40 degrees from W. So main door of house faces exact NW (with 5 degree deviation towards West). To clarify more - The main door of the house is marked green (opposite flat door is marked - will help identify) & the magnetic compas reading is as shown in the attachment. That's the reading on compass when kept at centre of flat.
    Now Pls check and clarify 1. on SE bath; 2. on deviation?
    What's the solution?

Also I wanted your valuable comments on shape of PLOT. Just scroll down the attachment. (sorry I wrote shape of flat)
    thanks.

Originally Posted by realacres
    OK. No issues here.

It would have been in South if the angle would have been between 30-45 degrees. As you said that the angle of deviation is not more than 10 degrees, it is SE.
    This means you won't be able to use it as bathroom. Ofcourse, there are some remedies but it is best not to do those things especially when you have not yet purchased it. And remedies work better when there is some room in SE (earth) as Earth + Fire or Earth + Water can stay together, but one can't expect good remedial solutions in case there is conflict between Fire & Water elements are both are not compatible to each other.

Kitchen is in East & not SE. This is also not bad according to Vastu. Just keep some soil in a small earthen pot between stove & sink, just in case all are parallel with each other &/or the sink is not in NE of the kitchen.
    The main door is always best not to be in any corner of the house. The main door being west facing in NW is not fantastic but is not Vastu defect either.

I won't say that it is fantastic but it is not bad to reject it either. I can give some tips to boost the energy levels in the flat, but yes, forget the usage of the bathroom in SE. So, if you are OK with only 1 bath, buy, else drop it. And yes, preferably look for house which is in NE part of the house, either North or East facing. Remember, entrance of the house also has lot of weightage. Btw, the said flat mentioned here has really good brahmsathan & NE, which is big plus.

Take the call depending upon the SE bathroom usage, that's all.

* PS:- I am considering that the m.bed has balcony attached to it. In many projects it happens that the terrace is alternate on every floor. If there is not balcony to M.bed in SW, then there is a major cut, which is big minus.
    CommentQuote
  • Realacres,

I have been reading this thread for long and have started to point out flaws in my 500sq yards house (constructed 40 years ago).

Here are my assumptions after going thru the thread, recreating the layout of the house (not to scale)

Biggest issue: NE corner has servant quarter, garage and servant toilet!
      There is a boring tubewell nest to the front main gate
      This is something I picked from somewhere else, but we sort of live on the "trishul", even though its not a road, but an entrance to a cinema hall and thousands of people would be exiting the place
      there is a temple
      i live in the bedroom in the north east (bottom right corner) before the servant quarter

Considering we are living here for decades and doing okay, what should we be doing?

in 1974, if we came across this thread (well I wasn't even born), it would have been great :)))

blue dashes are windows
      brown dashes are doors
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Please Tell me Vastu of the below flat layout

Dear RA

Please Tell me Vastu of the below flat layout.
    I will be very much thankful
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    savvy_v,

Man, again Amanora ?? :D
    Anyways, replying to you as it is short & simple one.
    Based on the directions mentioned by you, there is toilet in NE. Hence, drop this flat even if it is offered free of cost.

Btw, m.bed is not in SW but SE !! SW has attached bath but most of it is cut due to the duct.

I will answer remaining queries of other members today. Now going out for lunch, have a meeting with finance dept guys after it. Once it is over, I will reply today for sure.

RE
    Thanks for ur comments
    attached herewith floor plan for tower -2, plz guide me.As i wrote in earlier blog....
    VALUE of INR will be going down.... day by day, so it hardly matters, 15k or 20 k, but as of today , considering the inflation,and current scenario in Pune, AMANORA will come as central piece in 5 -10 years time.
    Value of RUPEEE always goes down... but value of location remains on increasing side..
    I dono but its true fact.
    See Kalyani nagar value is not same as before 10 years.;)
    attached plan.

Here MASTERBEDROOM is on SW side
    LIVING ROOM; NORTH EAST
    KITCHEN is on SOUTH WEST
    BEDROOM 1; on SOUTH EAST
    BEDROOM 1 SOUTH WEST
    attached floor plan of BLDG.
    ENTRY IS NORTH SIDE

PLEASE NOTE FLAT NUMBER is 991104- {11th floor flat no;4}
    Please comment on ur side.
    savvy_v:)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you very much RA for giving detailed clarifications and recommendations. I will definitely try to implement all your valuable recommendations.

Can you please check if the bed positions, master bedroom and pooja locations are good now in the attached floorplan? Also, I have replaced 14 with Toilet for Guests in NW. Hope thats ok.

Thats good man & thanks.

All bed positions are correct, proceed.
    The location of pooja is fantastic, proceed.

Now that toilet for guests is not completely in NW, part of it goes in North (I have drawn the floor plan with houses in detail). Hence, it is not recommended to do so.
    Also, having large no. of toilets is not recommended, it's OK if they are one above another but not in various positions in the house. You already have one common bath/toi at #13 (near #4...man there are two 13s this time :D ). That's enough. The best thing in #13 would be to have a shoe rack on west wall. This helps in 2 ways :-

> It comes in proper NW when placed on west wall, which is correct position for shoe rack,

> Practically also it is good, it is near entrance yet it doesn't spoil the look of living/lobby. In monsoons, you can even have umbrellas here. And if it's possible, have bigger lobby & keep this #13 smaller only for shoe rack. Hope this helps. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks RA. But I have 1 confusion. Pls make me understand how the bath is in SE. I am just not getting that? Your clarification will help me understand how to do the directions.
    I think I am not able to get your question on deviation, so not able to answer it correctly. I just read some previous posts and understand deviation as angle from perfect North. if Yes, Then as you see in the attachment - the deviation is approx 50degree from N or 40 degrees from W. So main door of house faces exact NW (with 5 degree deviation towards West). To clarify more - The main door of the house is marked green (opposite flat door is marked - will help identify) & the magnetic compas reading is as shown in the attachment. That's the reading on compass when kept at centre of flat.
    Now Pls check and clarify 1. on SE bath; 2. on deviation?
    What's the solution?

OK. Now I got it man. If the angle is 40+ degrees or more from North, then the house is in proper sub-direction which gives rise to prob called as 'Vidisha', which is bad. Ofcourse, the bath/toi now goes in South (I was considering the deviation of not more than 10 deg earlier, hence it was SE). Though having toilet in South is OK, it is not recommended in this case as the house is in sub-direction. And for this, I don't have any remedy coz there is nothing man-made which can fight gravitational & magnetic forces of earth & structure.
    It is is best to avoid such flats which are in sub-direction.

Also I wanted your valuable comments on shape of PLOT. Just scroll down the attachment. (sorry I wrote shape of flat)
    thanks.

The plot & other things do matter but effect on individual flat is less as it gets distributed amongst all the flats. The location of the flat is in SW of plot, which is good. However, best if there is no underground water body, swimming pool etc. on South, SW or SE of the plot. But again, this should not be make or break issue as the effects, good or bad gets distributed.

All in all, living in a house which is in sub-direction is not recommended. Hope this helps.
    Be well. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Realacres,

I have been reading this thread for long and have started to point out flaws in my 500sq yards house (constructed 40 years ago).

Here are my assumptions after going thru the thread, recreating the layout of the house (not to scale)
    Biggest issue: NE corner has servant quarter, garage and servant toilet!
    There is a boring tubewell nest to the front main gate
    This is something I picked from somewhere else, but we sort of live on the "trishul", even though its not a road, but an entrance to a cinema hall and thousands of people would be exiting the place
    there is a temple
    i live in the bedroom in the north east (bottom right corner) before the servant quarter

Considering we are living here for decades and doing okay, what should we be doing?

in 1974, if we came across this thread (well I wasn't even born), it would have been great

Some solutions need to be done :-

> Destroy the toilet in NE alongwith servant's quarter at NE ASAP, and shift both these at NW,

> There is a toilet in NE of your house (constructed area) which is again bad. This too needs to be removed,

> The underground water storage should be shifted from SE to NE,

> You should shift your bedroom to South, West or SW. This can be done by swapping places of drawing room with bedroom. Now you will think about access. It is best if you can use the rear gate at NE-East which is currently closed & use NW door as secondary door & use it as less as possible,

> For the issue of road hitting your gate, temple etc. place a bright spot light on the entrance door of the compound to reduce the ill-effects,

> Have lot of pots in SW-West of the house which is currently light & open due to lawn. Plant Ashoka trees on the Southern side of the plot wherever open space is seen. The SW part of the plot needs to be made heavy & higher than rest, hence the above remedies.

Now you said that you have been doing good here, but man, you never know what you missed either !! Eg. you will be happy if you buy Wagon-R here, but had the house been Vastu compliant, you would have ended up buying a Corolla or Accord :).
    What good Vastu does is help in providing additional boost to your efforts which helps in long run. Infact, in your current case, just be rectifying probs in NE & making under-ground storage in NE will yield you good benefits. Start by doing this first & if you indeed feel positive change (which you will) proceed with additional changes as mentioned.
    Hope this helps.
    Take care. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA

Please Tell me Vastu of the below flat layout.
    I will be very much thankful

Not good. Better if you can shift to flat no. 4 adjoining to it.
    CommentQuote
  • RE
    Thanks for ur comments
    attached herewith floor plan for tower -2, plz guide me.As i wrote in earlier blog....
    VALUE of INR will be going down.... day by day, so it hardly matters, 15k or 20 k, but as of today , considering the inflation,and current scenario in Pune, AMANORA will come as central piece in 5 -10 years time.
    Value of RUPEEE always goes down... but value of location remains on increasing side..
    I dono but its true fact.
    See Kalyani nagar value is not same as before 10 years.
    attached plan.

C'mon man, we are not discussing RE bull or RE bear here. :D In current times, I remain RE bear as this is not good time to invest in RE market, atleast in Pune. And it seems you think RE 24x7, hence called me RE than RA :D.

Here MASTERBEDROOM is on SW side
    LIVING ROOM; NORTH EAST
    KITCHEN is on SOUTH WEST
    BEDROOM 1; on SOUTH EAST
    BEDROOM 1 SOUTH WEST
    attached floor plan of BLDG.
    ENTRY IS NORTH SIDE

PLEASE NOTE FLAT NUMBER is 991104- {11th floor flat no;4}
    Please comment on ur side.
    savvy_v

Man, you got directions wrong. If entry is North, then m.bed is SW which is correct but then the kitchen is in NE. If this is the case, drop the flat coz as said before if there is cut, toilet/bath, kitchen or stairs in NE, there is no solution. Apart from this, there is also bath/toi in SE, which is again bad.

I request you to give only the North direction, that suffices & if it is indeed the entrance, then forget this flat due to kitchen in NE.

BTW, if I see the flat no. as mentioned in pdf file, then kitchen goes in NW, with living in NE when entrance is North facing. However, the m.bed goes in SE & most worrying aspect is there is big cut in NE, which is very bad as said above as well.

Conclusion :-

If you are looking at 3 BR flats, either 99-11-001 or 99-11-004 whose entrance is North facing, drop both coz former has kitchen in NE while later has huge cut in NE, both are bad. Hope this helps.
    Take care. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA.
    Any remedy that you suggest?
    Actually - the entrance being Wof NW; Kitchen in SE, Bed in S & SW, Bath/toi in S&W and no NE/SW cut and open brahmasthan, I thought this was good. I actually have gone ahead now. Pls suggest remedy if any for the subdirection "visidha" thanks a ton.

Originally Posted by realacres
    OK. Now I got it man. If the angle is 40+ degrees or more from North, then the house is in proper sub-direction which gives rise to prob called as 'Vidisha', which is bad. Ofcourse, the bath/toi now goes in South (I was considering the deviation of not more than 10 deg earlier, hence it was SE). Though having toilet in South is OK, it is not recommended in this case as the house is in sub-direction. And for this, I don't have any remedy coz there is nothing man-made which can fight gravitational & magnetic forces of earth & structure.
    It is is best to avoid such flats which are in sub-direction.

The plot & other things do matter but effect on individual flat is less as it gets distributed amongst all the flats. The location of the flat is in SW of plot, which is good. However, best if there is no underground water body, swimming pool etc. on South, SW or SE of the plot. But again, this should not be make or break issue as the effects, good or bad gets distributed.

All in all, living in a house which is in sub-direction is not recommended. Hope this helps.
    Be well. :)
    CommentQuote
  • help on this floor plan type G

Hi Real Acre - Hearty appreciation for the good work you are doing here.

Gone through entire thread, Its great.

Can you please look into my new apt floor plan - Its of Type 'G' in this.

MJ Infrastructure | Azaliya Floor Plans

Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • vastu help offer

Hi Real Acre -

I Hearty appreciate the Noble work your are doing here for the betterment of people. looking to the your spirit of helping others I too ready to provide you a heping hand in providing consulting through you to people.

I have started Vastu counsultancy just now & I want to give my service to the people as you are giving to others.

Request to forward me some plans or question.

Thanks a lot
    RAJNIKANT PATHAK
    AHMEDABAD. - (GUJ.):):):)
    CommentQuote