Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi RA,

I am planning to book flat in Goldville, have finalized the flat on third floor. Attached is the floor plan of the flat, can you advice if it meets with the Vastu shastra, if not whal all are flaws in it and what can be done to address it.

Thanks in advance and really appriciate your guidance in this forum.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

After hibernating for last couple of months, I am back with another floor plan to get you views on from vastu perspective. Here's the plan.

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=19862

Entrance - South East - East facing (Not so good)
    NE - No kitchen/toilet
    Bramhasthan - Almost empty except a wash basin
    SW - Master Bed (Attached toilet in West)
    NW - Kids bed
    South - Study/Sr Citizen's room

Not a perfect layout but I am somehow leaning towards this option. Let me know your views on this please.

P.S. SE corner has a kitchen :) but of the adjacent flat.

Looking forward to your comments.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

Whatever i could gather from this informative forum, I intend to start construction of a house as per the attached plan. (corner plot having a road on the south and east)
    There is huge lake/water body abutting road on east side. Since construction has not yet started, changed are possible.

Could you please opine/comment on the proposed plan; how does it score on the VAASTU SCALE or should i go ahead with this plan?

Thanks a lot for helping/guiding so many people with your valuable insights. . . :)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by viveks123
    Hi Realacres

Good work..

We all know that flat having main door facing south (allowing south light in house) is worst...the same rule applies for windows too? I have seen a flat having most windows facing south...ie they allow south light to come in...

Should I avoid the flat?

Thanks in advance

Vivek

If you have South facing windows & doors, do the following :-

> Keep the windows & doors closed as much as possible,
    > Use dark brown colored curtains,
    > Best would be to use tinted films or tinted glass here to avoid bad effects of UV rays.

And only south facing doors or windows don't make flat good or bad. Rest of the things like direction of flat, location of rooms, type of land, elevation etc. all matters. The best would be to upload the floor plan of your flat here so as to make precise calculations for it.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

can you please comment on the flat i have recently bought with respect to its direction.

The entire SW is missing. Not good. See if you can shift to some another flat.
    There are other probs too but this is the major & critical one.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

I am planning to book flat in Goldville, have finalized the flat on third floor. Attached is the floor plan of the flat, can you advice if it meets with the Vastu shastra, if not whal all are flaws in it and what can be done to address it.

Thanks in advance and really appriciate your guidance in this forum.

The major flaw in this flat is major portion of SW is completely cut which is not good for stability. Other issue is major cut in NW which leads to loss of opportunities & confusion.
    The only good part in the flat is NE.
    But due to absence of SW, it is recommended to avoid it.
    I reiterate that there is no solution for major probs in NE, Brahmasthan & SW.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

After hibernating for last couple of months, I am back with another floor plan to get you views on from vastu perspective. Here's the plan.

The kitchen occupies part of NE, Brahmasthan & North which is bad,
    There is bath/toi bang in North which is bad as it leads to wealth loss/wastage,
    The entrance is bad. SE entrance burns out opportunities & growth prospects. The only location which is good in SE is South facing, 4th house from SE,
    The adjoining kitchen shouldn't matter as it is not part of your house, though some effect surely will be there,

The living, terrace, bedrooms are OK, but kitchen, entrance & common bath are not good. See the brahmasthan also eats part of both bath & kitchen. Hence it is not advised to buy this flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

Whatever i could gather from this informative forum, I intend to start construction of a house as per the attached plan. (corner plot having a road on the south and east)
    There is huge lake/water body abutting road on east side. Since construction has not yet started, changed are possible.

Could you please opine/comment on the proposed plan; how does it score on the VAASTU SCALE or should i go ahead with this plan?

Thanks a lot for helping/guiding so many people with your valuable insights. . .

Your plan will require more time. Will put in detail the calculations for your plan soon. Please bear me with me till then. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Gents,

Can someone help me on Vaastu tips (How to improve my self)

1. Have a lot of bad ideas.
    2. Very selfish thinking I have.
    3. My act - Loot others
    4. Forget God - I can make myself a King.
    5. Kill wife and keep enjoying with G/Fs.
    6. Cheat the people
    7. No time for praying.
    8. Daaru - Sharaab- Shabaaab

Gents, I know these are wrong things leads to ........hell.

Suggest, HOW TO IMPROVE MY-SELF BY VAASTU.
    CommentQuote
  • Need advice....

Hi RA,
    Below is the house for which I need vaastu advice.
    1. Existing issues & their impact.
    2. Remedy (with minimal alteration)

Based on my awareness I know few things such that this plot/house has stairs in NE which is not correct. However a detailed analysis from an expert like u will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rakesh_sahu
    Hi RA,
    Below is the house for which I need vaastu advice.
    1. Existing issues & their impact.
    2. Remedy (with minimal alteration)

Based on my awareness I know few things such that this plot/house has stairs in NE which is not correct. However a detailed analysis from an expert like u will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Stairs in NE leads to financial & health probs, especially migraine. NE is area from where energy enters the house & if this is blocked, Vastu becomes almost life-less. If you have not brought this house, don't buy in anycase.

I can give some remedies if stairs are of wood, or iron; but if they are regular ones i.e. bricks & concrete, then sorry man, no remedies. Ofcourse, there are some like putting 'Pava/Basuri' below the stairs, painting it in white/cream & having a spot light focussed on stairs. But these will only have minimal impact, best is to get rid of the stairs & put them at SW.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks man! BTW, my parents are living in this house for last 15 years :(
    Had plan to move stairs to SW. However other than that, any thing else which can be fixed / remedy be applied.
    Stairs are concrete based and will have to be do away.... :(

Originally Posted by realacres
    Stairs in NE leads to financial & health probs, especially migraine. NE is area from where energy enters the house & if this is blocked, Vastu becomes almost life-less. If you have not brought this house, don't buy in anycase.

I can give some remedies if stairs are of wood, or iron; but if they are regular ones i.e. bricks & concrete, then sorry man, no remedies. Ofcourse, there are some like putting 'Pava/Basuri' below the stairs, painting it in white/cream & having a spot light focussed on stairs. But these will only have minimal impact, best is to get rid of the stairs & put them at SW.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello RA,

I came to the forum through google.I am searching for home in mumbai western suburbs.I need your help to check Vastu Comliance.Enclosing the floor plan please guide for which flat I should go
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu Guide

Originally Posted by realacres
    Your plan will require more time. Will put in detail the calculations for your plan soon. Please bear me with me till then. Thanks.

Dear RA,
    I am eagerly waiting for your advice and held up to proceed further. Spare some of your valuable time as being done over the years.
    Thanks..
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,
    I am eagerly waiting for your advice and held up to proceed further. Spare some of your valuable time as being done over the years.
    Thanks..

Extremely sorry for the delay. :(
    Some of the things which you need to do :-

> The location of puja room is correct, NE but it has to be on ground floor & not 1st floor,

> Why do you want 2 kitchens ?? Still if you so desire, ensure both the kitchens are in SE,

> Overall, the 1st floor is fine, just replace pooja room with study & shift pooja room on ground floor, thats all,

> On ground floor, shift the kitchen to SE,

> From the parking, it shows that car entrance will be South, SE & SW. These are not good, except SE, that too 4th house from SE after you divide the side in 9 equal parts.
    It would be better if you can make the entrance East facing, in NE as there is another road there as I see it.

What I would suggest is, shift the house towards south & make big porch from NW to NE for parking.

> The SW & SE of ground floor is getting cut because of parking. This is not good either. Shifting the entrance as mentioned above, having car park in NW will sort out the things & then you will be able to have same floor plan for ground & first floor,

> The location of septic tank in NW is ok, even better if you can shift it on west wall rather than north,

> Don't know meaning of S.U.G.W.R but if it means underground water tank/bore well, it is fantastic. Please have one at any cost in NE of the plot,

> As I see, there is cut in SE of plot. If possible, make it proper right angle. If not, give the wall red brick like color or keep brick facade of red/dark red color here. Plant red roses, red hibiscus in this area. Electricity meter, generator/inverter should be placed in this SE area,

> The stairs should be clockwise in direction & no. of steps should be in such a way that if you start with right leg, you should end with right leg only,

> Have some balconies on 1st floor in NW,North, NE if possible rather than SW, SE.

Overall, the first floor layout is good, issue is with ground floor. Get the above mentioned things incorporated, including the borewell/underground water tank in NE with septic tank in NW towards west & shifting house towards South with more open space in North. Once this is done, let me know, I will tell you minor things then. These are the major ones which I can see as of now.

Please feel to write in & my apologies once again.
    God bless. :)
    CommentQuote