Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1784 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hello RA,

I came to the forum through google.I am searching for home in mumbai western suburbs.I need your help to check Vastu Comliance.Enclosing the floor plan please guide for which flat I should go

I saw the 4 flats. Of these, the East facing in SE & West facing in SW should be ignored straightway i.e. flat nos. 12 & 13 respectively.

Coming to 11 & 14,
    14 has all the bedrooms in wrong directions, so drop it;
    11 has bedrooms & entrance in right place but the toilet in NE-North attached to NW bedroom spoils everything. Some other issues are kitchen in West-SW (part) & a cut in NE alongwith bath/toi in SE.

Overall, it is best to drop all these flats & search for better ones.
    God bless. :)

Planner,

Will reply to your query as well. It will be helpful for all.

Rakesh Sahu,

You are right main, stairs have to be removed, else change the house. You will experience positive change for sure. Remedy is not available for major faults in NE, Brahmasthan (centre) & SW as said before. You need to shift the stairs only. And yes, with immediate effect, stop using toilet 1, best to demolish it altogether.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Extremely sorry for the delay. :(
    Some of the things which you need to do :-

> The location of puja room is correct, NE but it has to be on ground floor & not 1st floor,

> Why do you want 2 kitchens ?? Still if you so desire, ensure both the kitchens are in SE,

> Overall, the 1st floor is fine, just replace pooja room with study & shift pooja room on ground floor, thats all,

> On ground floor, shift the kitchen to SE,

> From the parking, it shows that car entrance will be South, SE & SW. These are not good, except SE, that too 4th house from SE after you divide the side in 9 equal parts.
    It would be better if you can make the entrance East facing, in NE as there is another road there as I see it.

What I would suggest is, shift the house towards south & make big porch from NW to NE for parking.

> The SW & SE of ground floor is getting cut because of parking. This is not good either. Shifting the entrance as mentioned above, having car park in NW will sort out the things & then you will be able to have same floor plan for ground & first floor,

> The location of septic tank in NW is ok, even better if you can shift it on west wall rather than north,

> Don't know meaning of S.U.G.W.R but if it means underground water tank/bore well, it is fantastic. Please have one at any cost in NE of the plot,

> As I see, there is cut in SE of plot. If possible, make it proper right angle. If not, give the wall red brick like color or keep brick facade of red/dark red color here. Plant red roses, red hibiscus in this area. Electricity meter, generator/inverter should be placed in this SE area,

> The stairs should be clockwise in direction & no. of steps should be in such a way that if you start with right leg, you should end with right leg only,

> Have some balconies on 1st floor in NW,North, NE if possible rather than SW, SE.

Overall, the first floor layout is good, issue is with ground floor. Get the above mentioned things incorporated, including the borewell/underground water tank in NE with septic tank in NW towards west & shifting house towards South with more open space in North. Once this is done, let me know, I will tell you minor things then. These are the major ones which I can see as of now.

Please feel to write in & my apologies once again.

Dear RA,
    Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions towards Vastu compliance of my design. I also feel delighted when you say first floor is OK- all credit goes to this great Forum….
    This is basically a corner plot having road on S and E side. One 2 storied bldg exists on adjacent North side plot & 4 storied on the West side plot. Big lake on East across road.
    As opined by you, building is proposed to be leaving 3 mts. from the Northern b/wall (Rear) & 1.2 mt from the southern b/wall (Front-2), thereby making/shifting the building towards South.
    You hv correctly said Underground water reservoir is on NE side & septic tank in NW. There is no space in West for putting S/tank on West as there will be only 1 mt space in between B/W (West) and building line. Parking /veh. as suggested by you, is therefore to be placed on septic tank and water reservoir which I want to avoid.
    Now, if I put 2 garages + 1 stair case on the East side, advantage of having open East (Front-1) is lost. That’s why G/Floor entry is proposed to be from East & F/F from South. G/F & F/F are two independent units. That is again the reason for putting G/F kitchen on the West, adjacent to one Toilet against Vastu principle, although now a day’s many costly flats are dented with this feature.
    I am attaching plot plan for easy understanding.
    Your further opinion please..
    Thanks a lot again….
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,
    Good Day!
    For your further opinion pl. with the stated backdrop..
    Thanks,
    santdas54
    CommentQuote
    I saw the 4 flats. Of these, the East facing in SE & West facing in SW should be ignored straightway i.e. flat nos. 12 & 13 respectively.

Coming to 11 & 14,
    11 has bedrooms & entrance in right place but the toilet in NE-North attached to NW bedroom spoils everything. Some other issues are kitchen in West-SW (part) & a cut in NE alongwith bath/toi in SE.

Dear RA

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VALUABLE REPLY.
    I AM ENCLOSING 2 MORE LAYOUT FOR YOUR GUIDANCE.
    IN POONAM HEIGHTS WE ARE LOOKING FOR FLAT NO 1
    IN ROMELL DIVA LLOKING FOR JODI OF 1&2 EITHER IN 'A' OR 'B' WING.
    PLEASE HELP OUT.
    CommentQuote
    Btw, VS flats atleast in Pune are formed by mistake, no deliberate attempt is made coz rest of the flats aren't VS compliant. There is a project in Chennai being constructed by L&T where all the flats are VS compliant to over 88-90%. I advise, one gets the real life experience from people due to bad house before making any decision.

Hi RA,

In one of the old posts, you had mentioned VS-compliant project.
    I think you were referring to eden park phase 1.

Luxurious residential apartments floor plan, Chennai

I had a look at the floor plans and have some queries:

1. Children's bedroom is planned in NE corner for most (probably all) flats. How good it is to have Children's bedroom (with bed and wardrobe, not bath/toilet) in NE ?

2. How about North ? Is it ok to have Children's bedroom in North side ? Also, how about personal work area (desk for laptop and small lib) in North ?

3. Their plans have bathrooms (with basin, bath and toliet) in almost all directions (including North and East). You have asked to avoid this. So which of the items can be attached with kid's bedroom and be present in North / NE - basin, bath, toilet or none ?

4. If one owns the house, master bedroom should be used by self or is it ok to have parents using the master bedroom ?

5. You had mentioned in one of the posts that some builder you know personally has come up with vastu-compliant floor plan that you were going to share for reference. Have you shared it in some post or share it with your analysis ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pkrd65
    Originally Posted by realacres

Coming to 11 & 14,

Dear RA

PLEASE HELP OUT.

Dear RA,

If possible please reply at earliest.

Dear RA,

If possible please reply at earliest.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by santdas54
    This is basically a corner plot having road on S and E side. One 2 storied bldg exists on adjacent North side plot & 4 storied on the West side plot. Big lake on East across road.

But ensure that the main entrance of compound wall is in NE-East, east facing. The kitchen on ground floor also needs to be taken in SE.

As opined by you, building is proposed to be leaving 3 mts. from the Northern b/wall (Rear) & 1.2 mt from the southern b/wall (Front-2), thereby making/shifting the building towards South.

Very good that you have shifted the house from North to South. :)
    I similarly expect that parking will also be NW. Doesn't matter much if it is close to septic tank in NW. Also the compound wall at North should be lower & thinner than South wall. Height difference should be atleast 2-3 ft.

You hv correctly said Underground water reservoir is on NE side & septic tank in NW. There is no space in West for putting S/tank on West as there will be only 1 mt space in between B/W (West) and building line. Parking /veh. as suggested by you, is therefore to be placed on septic tank and water reservoir which I want to avoid.

Then ensure these 2 things :-

> Septic tank should be circular,
    > Under ground water tank should be rectangle.

Now, if I put 2 garages + 1 stair case on the East side, advantage of having open East (Front-1) is lost. That’s why G/Floor entry is proposed to be from East & F/F from South. G/F & F/F are two independent units. That is again the reason for putting G/F kitchen on the West, adjacent to one Toilet against Vastu principle, although now a day’s many costly flats are dented with this feature.

Stairs has to be in SW or South, don't bring it at East at any cost.
    And what is the prob having one kitchen above another, both at SE ? Apart from this, let me know if G/F & F/F is of 2 non-related people or is it in same family.

I am attaching plot plan for easy understanding.
    Your further opinion please..
    Thanks a lot again….

As said before, take compound entrance in NE/East, East facing. You also need to do remedies mentioned above for SE cut.
    Please revert if you have more queries.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pkrd65
    Dear RA

PLEASE HELP OUT.

For Romell Diva A Wing:-

> Flat 1 & 2 have bad entrance, so lets not go further & drop them both,
    > If you combine 3 & 4, there is big cut in North & complete absence of NE & SW, which is one of the most bad things. So, drop 3 & 4 too.

For Romell Diva B Wing :-

> Flat 1 & 2 both have severe issues with kitchen & toilet, so drop these flats,
    > Flat 3 has complete cut in SW, kitchen in Brahmasthan & toilets in North & SE, which again is bad.

>> This means no options in Romell & as issues are severe, no point in going for remedial solutions either.

For Poonam Heights :-

> For flat 1, the entire NE is cut, which is like headless body & has no solution to it. Hence, best not to buy here either.

To conclude, both the projects are bad according to Vastu principles. You may get a bit nervous because of multiple rejections, but then this is the fact that almost 99.9% flats are not according to Vastu & more than 90% flats are not even worth buying. Keep searching man, at right time, you will find good house. All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

In one of the old posts, you had mentioned VS-compliant project.
    I think you were referring to eden park phase 1.

Yes, but please note that not all flats are very good either. Some of those though are purchasable.

I had a look at the floor plans and have some queries:

1. Children's bedroom is planned in NE corner for most (probably all) flats. How good it is to have Children's bedroom (with bed and wardrobe, not bath/toilet) in NE ?

Actually, there should not be any bedroom in NE. It is best for pooja room, study, lobby, living. However, if kids are very small & in school, it can be OK but bath/toi are big no.

2. How about North ? Is it ok to have Children's bedroom in North side ? Also, how about personal work area (desk for laptop and small lib) in North ?

Again, its same. If school going small kids, North can be OK, but not preferred. You can surely have personal work here with laptop, study table & library. But ensure that library is not having lot of books as it may make North very heavy if you have multiple cupboards full of books in North or NE.
    Best is to have books cupboard in west & study in North.
    Just ensure that when you work on your study table, laptop/pc, you are facing North.

3. Their plans have bathrooms (with basin, bath and toliet) in almost all directions (including North and East). You have asked to avoid this. So which of the items can be attached with kid's bedroom and be present in North / NE - basin, bath, toilet or none ?

As said, not all flats are good, only some are. And in case of NE, nothing should be there, no toi, no bath either.
    But in case of North, you can have basin & bathroom without toi. But problem is the flat above/below you may continue to retain toilet here which affects the energy in your flat as well. Hence, in case of flat system, if there is toi in North/NE, best to avoid it as others above/below you may not be following Vastu principles.

4. If one owns the house, master bedroom should be used by self or is it ok to have parents using the master bedroom ?

Master bedroom should be used by the one who has purchased the house & is running the house. However, if both are working, then parents should occupy the master bedroom.

5. You had mentioned in one of the posts that some builder you know personally has come up with vastu-compliant floor plan that you were going to share for reference. Have you shared it in some post or share it with your analysis ?

I don't remember if I have shared the details, but yes, I will surely put the link here. One such builder is based in Hyderabad.
    Btw, you can see some floor plans in previous posts of some projects based in Bangalore. The flat layouts are Vastu compliant.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

I have seen ur expert comments in Vastu.. I have shortlisted one property for my end-use in GGN. Basically it is a builder floor . Can you please guide me if it is vastu compliant?

floor plan attached below.

The plot is SE facing. There is no provsion for Pooja room here, can u pls suggest a good location where it can be setup?

Many thanks in advance!!

CommentQuote
    But ensure that the main entrance of compound wall is in NE-East, east facing. The kitchen on ground floor also needs to be taken in SE.

Very good that you have shifted the house from North to South. :)
    I similarly expect that parking will also be NW. Doesn't matter much if it is close to septic tank in NW. Also the compound wall at North should be lower & thinner than South wall. Height difference should be atleast 2-3 ft.

Then ensure these 2 things :-

> Septic tank should be circular,
    > Under ground water tank should be rectangle.

Stairs has to be in SW or South, don't bring it at East at any cost.
    And what is the prob having one kitchen above another, both at SE ? Apart from this, let me know if G/F & F/F is of 2 non-related people or is it in same family.

As said before, take compound entrance in NE/East, East facing. You also need to do remedies mentioned above for SE cut.
    Please revert if you have more queries.

O.K. Thanks a lot for your systematic analysis and correctly identified the deficiencies. As unable to place the parking on N/NW because of presence of water storage (semi underground), which is at ht above FGL, G/F kitchen is unwillingly shifted from SE to W to accommodate garage..
    Stair is on South only.
    Owner will be the same; but G/F is planned to be given on rent with one garage & owner will occupy F/F.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ansh10
    Hi RA,

I have seen ur expert comments in Vastu.. I have shortlisted one property for my end-use in GGN. Basically it is a builder floor . Can you please guide me if it is vastu compliant?

floor plan attached below.

The plot is SE facing. There is no provsion for Pooja room here, can u pls suggest a good location where it can be setup?

Many thanks in advance!!
    You said SE facing, but what is the angle of deviation ? It will be best if you can put the direction on the image of floor plan itself, so that I can get clear picture. But if angle of deviation is more than 10 degrees, best not to buy this house at all.
    You said SE facing, but what is the angle of deviation ? It will be best if you can put the direction on the image of floor plan itself, so that I can get clear picture. But if angle of deviation is more than 10 degrees, best not to buy this house at all.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by santdas54
    O.K. Thanks a lot for your systematic analysis and correctly identified the deficiencies. As unable to place the parking on N/NW because of presence of water storage (semi underground), which is at ht above FGL, G/F kitchen is unwillingly shifted from SE to W to accommodate garage..
    Stair is on South only.
    Owner will be the same; but G/F is planned to be given on rent with one garage & owner will occupy F/F.

The other option for garage if not NW is SE.
    Good that owner for both floors will be the same, but then ideally the entrance from ground floor too should be separate one & not shared. Stair in south is good.
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu advice needed.

Dear RA,

I have purchased one flat 1BHK and I am facing big financial problems. I have noticed that after purchasing this flat My financial and mental status is lowering. I can not take firm dession on this house. I am not living in this flat, but I wish to give this flat on Rent/SELL out, and when customer come for Rent I dont know what Happen to me that time I could not take the dission of giving the flat on rent even if the party is Genuin.

I would like to know is this due to the Flat which i have purchase 1 year ago. Enclosing herewith the copy of my flat model.

AS I KNOW THERE MUST BE SOME VASTU FAULT PERTICULARLY WITH North-East corner which is cut and The Bath/WC Adjoing the NE.

If it is so then please please help me and provide me the best remedy so that i can atleast give this flat on rent, because at present I am living on Rent and also paying bank's EMI so I am suffering both way.

Thanks in advance Sir,
    RAJNIKANT
    CommentQuote
  • Maharashtra Andhashrddha Nirmoolan Samiti

Please go to Superstitions -> Vastushastra

Don't be insecure, face the ups and downs of the life
    CommentQuote