Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Drop all flats with 04 in this case

Originally Posted by heartlingua
    Hi RA,

I am going to book one 3 BHK flat soon.I plan to book flat no 204 as shown in attached layout.Can you please help me with your expert advice/suggestions whether this flat is meeting basic vastu criteria.Also let me know how much vast compliant it is in % terms...say 60-70%.
    Your inputs in this regard will be highly appreciated.

regards,

heartlingua

Hello HL,

Here is my take on 204:-

> Entrance is in SE section, which is the direction of Agni. Doors in SE & SW should be avoided at all costs. So, entrance is bad,

> There is attached balcony in NE which is good, however, in NE section, there lies a bedroom. If this room is to be used as bedroom, it is bad but if you plan to make it as pooja room & study room, it is good,

> There are 2 bath cum toilets exactly in east, which is very bad. Having bathrooms in east is very good, but not the toilets. The other bath/toi in west is good but not these 2,

> Kitchen is in SE which is good,

> Coming to bedrooms, the only option as master bed is the one in west without attached bath/toi & is smallest of all. M.bed in NE or any bedroom in NE is strictly no-no, while M.bed in NW gives rise to confusion in thinking & lot of useless travel. Only girls bedroom or guest bedroom here is should be done,

> Living room is in SW which is bad. It should be in North or East. Having living room here means lot of open space in SW which is again bad.

Conclusion:-

It is better to drop this flat mainly due to lack of master bedroom or any bedroom in proper direction (SW), entrance in SE, living in SW & toilet in East. Except for kitchen, nothing is that good to make it a vastu friendly house.

* I didn't check the Brahmasthan (centre) of the house as the rest of the factors themselves are bad to go further.
    CommentQuote
  • thanks RA for your valuable inputs..will definetely help in taking decision...
    CommentQuote
  • Hi realacres,

I booked 2and1/2 BHK flat.Please help me with your expert advice/suggestions whether this flat is meeting basic vastu criteria.floor plan is attached.
    Please give your input.
    regards,

prashu
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Good decision Punit

Originally Posted by Punit22
    Thanks RA for your kind advise

On your words, We are planning to move out of the said flat in spite of the same being in the proximity and will be difficult to buy one of such kind in Thane city limit and moving on rental till find another one in this daily upward trend real estate market since there is no alternative solution of the said vastu dosh

Kindly confirm my decision being RIGHT, Thanks again

First of all thank you for trusting me:). The decision of shifting out is excellent & I can guarantee that if you shift out of this flat & get into better one even on rent, you will see good results in 3-4 months. Just try man, it is indeed worth it. I have personally seen cases where people left their bigger houses & shifted to smaller ones on rent & man, the financial & health probs disappeared in under 1 year :).

Also note that you will find money extracting Vastu chaps who will ask you to put pyramids, yantras, crystals, precious stones & stuff like that. This is all junk man, the structure, & land issues can't be sorted out by this as the magnitude is huge. Also note that plastic pyramids don't work & gold & real crystal pyramids just focus the energy to one point, now if the pyramids & of faulty design (they have to be exact 45 deg) or placed at wrong place, they will magnify bad energy as well.

All in all, forget this Vastu solutions, solutions can be possible only if the dosha is of small magnitude, not for bigger one.

And yes, I am here.....you can keep writing about your progress. As you are good at excel, please let me know the floor plan of flat which is to be taken on rent as well. Also, don't worry about money, everything will fall in place & if rates go up, the price of your existing flat too will go up, so don't worry :).

* PS:- I have personally suffered a lot due to Vastu probs, & I lost faith in so called Vastu pundits as most of them were just making business. It was then that I started learning about this wonderful science & now using it for those who need it & yep, I never charge & shall never charge a single paisa for this :).

All the best Punit :).
    CommentQuote
  • Drop this flat

Originally Posted by prashu59
    Hi realacres,

I booked 2and1/2 BHK flat.Please help me with your expert advice/suggestions whether this flat is meeting basic vastu criteria.floor plan is attached.
    Please give your input.
    regards,

prashu

Hi Prashu,

This flat is very bad according to Vastushastra, the reasons are as follows:-

> Entry at SW section, very, very bad, in such cases, the first 3 yrs are OK, next 2 yrs see stagnation & from 5th year onwards, a big fall starts (some may ask you to put silver swastika on the door, but the internal issues are also grave & hence this won't work & using swastika is like using saline for the patient, it doesn't cure the main problem),

> Kitchen in North:- North is direction of Lord Kuber & having kitchen here burns out all your financial prospects. I have seen financial issues propping up in 1-1.5 yr after the residents shifts in. Even having such a flat on your name should be avoided, no solution for this,

> Toilet is in North, North-East direction, one of the major Vatsu dosha for which there is no solution, this gives rise to WHA (wealth, health & academics) effect, all get badly affected,

> M.bed in NE. If you use this, there will be health probs + sleeplessness issues. The women of the house are the first victims if such doshas in NE,

> Study/Pooja in SW is again very bad. SW is direction of demon Nairitya, so God's place is no-no. Again, the energy axis flows from NE to SW. Here the NE is heavy & hence blocked due to M.bed while SW is light. The energy will never flow properly due to this issues. Once furniture is done, you can check this out with devices which pick up slightest of electromagnetic deviations,

> 2nd bedroom is in SE, place of Agni. The one who will sleep here will quarrel for no reason & become hot tempered,

The only good thing is a terrace at NE, but terraces are of small magnitude compared to location of rooms & toilets/baths.

It is best to drop this flat.

* PS:- Please let me have the entire plan of the floor, we can then see which suits the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Some Vastu Facts

Vaastu shastra, which means the science of the land, built area, is an ancient Indian architectural science. It is the study of the forces of nature and their effect on an individual's immediate environment. This science is perfectly in tune with the natural laws and lays down the rules to create harmonious environs for living by connecting the individual with the cosmic forces surrounding us.

Vaastu Shastra is divided into seven main parts:-

Method of soil testing.
    Selection of suitable land and finding out its directions.
    The division of land into squares.
    Method of construction.
    Placement of entrance gate.
    Knowledge of construction of temples.
    Knowledge of construction of palaces.

Vaastu Shastra is based on the laws of gravitational forces, magnetic forces, flow of electric current, flow of wind and water, and takes into account the importance of the sun's rays also known as the solar energy. The proper effect of all these in necessary to keep good health and balance of mind.

Vaastu is an ancient architectural tradition of India based on the Vedas. Vaastu developed its building technology on the fundamental premise that the earth or soil is a living organism out of which other living creatures and organic forms emerge.

Vaastu by tradition is the life force contained within the earth. Vaastu also means living space or dwelling space. Vaastu is the individual site or land identified for a village or neighborhood. Vaastu is also the building enclosure.

Man does not inhabit this earth alone; he inhabits akasham or space. He is linked with his Shakti or energy to other energy form. He is part of a movement, a cycle of life and death, which is known as Kaala (time). Space, Time and Energy are traditionally primed as existing in their free, unlimited state. Vaastu experts have not only devised an order pertaining to the creation of manifested space, but have also ascertained a link between time cycle and the life of a person.

Vaastu is not about magical cures but about the physical, psychological and spiritual order of the built environment and its consonance with the energies of the cosmic universe.

The science of Vaastu revolves around the affect of the 5 elements (Panchbhuutas), on the human body.

The 5 Elements (Panchbhuutas)

Sky : Aakaash
    It is the unending (Anantha) region remote from the Earth, in which not only our Solar System, but the entire Galaxy (Brahmaand) exists. Its effective forces are light, heat, gravitational force and waves, magnetic field and others. Its main charecterstic is Shabda (Sound).

Air : Vaayu
    Atmosphere of the Earth which is about 400 kms, in depth and consists of 21% Oxygen (Praan Vaayu), Nitrogen 78%, Carbon Dioxide, Helium, other kinds of gases, dust particles, humidity and vapor in certain proportion. Life of human beings, plants and animals and even fire depends on this. Its main characteristics are Shabda and Sparsha (Touch).

Fire : Agni
    Represents light and heat of fire (burning), lightning, volcanic or plutonic heat, the heat of fever or inflammation, energy, days and nights, seasons and other aspects of solar system, and also enthusiasm, ardor, passion, spirited vigor. Its main characteristics are Shabda, Sparsha and Roopa (Form).

Water : Jal
    This is represented by rain, river, sea and is in the form of liquid, ice, and gas steam, cloud. It is a combination of hydrogen and oxygen in the ratio of two to one, perfectly neutral in reaction. In every plant and life on Earth, water exists in certain proportion and its main characteristics are Shabda, Sparsha, Roopa and Rasa (taste).

Earth : Bhumi
    Earth, the third planet in order form the Sun, is a big magnet with north and south poles as centers of attractions. Its magnetic field and gravitational force have telling effects on everything on Earth whether living or non-living. It is tilted by about 23° at the meridian of its either side for six months called Uttaraayana and Dakshinaayana and rotates on its own axis from West to East resulting in day and night. Its one orbit around sun takes 365 days (1 year). Three fourths of Earth's surface is water and one fourth is land. Its main characteristics are Shabda, Sparsha, Roopa, Rasa, and Guna (quality).
    CommentQuote
  • Hello real,

If the south east corner of the flat is missing what would be its vastu. Some say kitchen in the NW is okay. Please throw some light on this.

Regards and thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu - South east corner cut

Originally Posted by svipin
    Hello real,

If the south east corner of the flat is missing what would be its vastu. Some say kitchen in the NW is okay. Please throw some light on this.

If the south east corner is cut in any plot, house or office or any buildings, it is very good as per Vastu.Because of all the corners south east is the bad one - as to its destroying energies.
    When the south east corner is cut in a plot it is simple meaning that north east corner is extended, which is very good. Like wise i always suggest to build houses with a little cut in the construction in the south east and build that space like a toilet, balcony or lumber room.. Etc...
    This way we can avoid the bad energies created by the South east corner.
    If any doubts you can read my site vasthurengan
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by svipin
    Hello real,

Cut in any of the direction is not good as each one has its own importance. However, in case of flats, you may not get 100% Vastu compliance.

So, when you select a flat, make sure that the energy axis is unaffected or it doesn't have any probs. The energy axis is the one which starts from NE & ends in SW passing through the centre i.e. Brahmasthan.

So, if NE & SW are not cut & don't have any Vastu-Dosha including that for Brahmasthan, then there is no cause of worry at all.

Coming to kitchen, some say NW is OK, but NW is related to opportunities & having kitchen here burns out these opportunities. If you are staying in a house where kitchen is in NW, make sure it is painted white & while cooking, face either east or west but not North or South. If you're yet to buy one, then it is better to drop the idea & if kitchen is not in SE, then next option is East.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vasthurengan
    If the south east corner is cut in any plot, house or office or any buildings, it is very good as per Vastu.Because of all the corners south east is the bad one - as to its destroying energies.
    When the south east corner is cut in a plot it is simple meaning that north east corner is extended, which is very good. Like wise i always suggest to build houses with a little cut in the construction in the south east and build that space like a toilet, balcony or lumber room.. Etc...
    This way we can avoid the bad energies created by the South east corner.
    If any doubts you can read my site vasthurengan

Hi Vasthurengan,

I saw your website & it is good. However, in the post above you mentioned to construct toilet in SE which is bad coz water comes in place of agni/fire. Infact, you have mentioned this correctly on the website, so request you to correct it in the post above.

I also didn't understand how cut in SE will increase NE??:bab (38): Please explain.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Kindly help in checking the attached 2 BHK

Hi,

I am planning to take the flat for rent. Kindly suggest if this is ok with respect to Vastu or not.

Thanks - Gomez for rent. Kindly suggest if this is ok with respect to Vastu or not.

Thanks - Gomez
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Avoid this flat at all cost

Originally Posted by gomez.h
    Hi,

I am planning to take the flat for rent. Kindly suggest if this is ok with respect to Vastu or not.

Thanks - Gomez
    Hi Gomex,

See the image below.
    It is clear that NE of the house is cut. It just means a head-less body & one should not stay in such houses even if it is offered for free.

Next, most of the house is in sub-direction. This means the house is a 'Vidisha' which results into several probs & doesn't offer you peace of mind.

The M.bed has 5 corners, which also means ceiling having 5 corners. Such corners deflect the natural flow of energy because of which you will always feel dull.

Man, always remember:-

No defect in NE, SW & Brahmasthan;
    House should not be in sub-direction.

For this particular flat, it is best to avoid it at all costs.
    Hi Gomex,

See the image below.
    It is clear that NE of the house is cut. It just means a head-less body & one should not stay in such houses even if it is offered for free.

Next, most of the house is in sub-direction. This means the house is a 'Vidisha' which results into several probs & doesn't offer you peace of mind.

The M.bed has 5 corners, which also means ceiling having 5 corners. Such corners deflect the natural flow of energy because of which you will always feel dull.

Hi Gomex,

See the image below.

Hi Gomex,

See the image below.

Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot Sir for your suggestions. :)

I will look out for other options.

But 1 thing I've noticed in this particular place, all the 2 BHK flats in a total of 18 buildings in it has the same plan. Could you please suggest if this is in a different direction, will it help ? {for eg:- Mirror-image of the apartment which I pasted in the previous reply to the thread, i.e., the east & west would be interchanged in it - Main door in north, balcony in the west, cut in the north-west & south-west, kitchen in north-east etc}.

Please advise., all the 2 BHK flats in a total of 18 buildings in it has the same plan. Could you please suggest if this is in a different direction, will it help ? {for eg:- Mirror-image of the apartment which I pasted in the previous reply to the thread, i.e., the east & west would be interchanged in it - Main door in north, balcony in the west, cut in the north-west & south-west, kitchen in north-east etc}.

Please advise.
    CommentQuote
  • Kindly help in checking the 2 BHK

Hi,

I am planning to take an apartment for rent. Layout is as attached. Kindly advice if it is fine as per Vastu.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • RA & Vikram , the fact of the life is that most houses r not Vastu compliant . So would request u to start a thread on that - what is a complete NO NO as per this science & what has some remedies attached to it . Please clearly define what is a complete NO NO & also the one's, which can be controlled by some remedies .
    CommentQuote