Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by bingo12
    Hi RA, You are doing a very good job. We are planning to book a flat, we have finalised to B, C and D. Can you suggest us the best one to buy. Me and my friend are planning. So can you suggest us two apartments. Thanks

Bingo,

I tried to magnify to see the names but in vain as clarity was quite less. However, the room clarity was there so no major issues.
    Frankly, I didn't find any flat in this so as to whole heartedly recommend. The only better amongst all is that blue colored one in center, 3BR 1296 sq ft where South is written. In this flat all things are good except for the fact there is cut in NE, due to stairs intruding that part. Had this been not the case, I would have recommended to proceed with this flat as rest of the things are good. However, like some members here, if you still want to buy only in this project & look no further, then place full size mirror in NE room on its North wall & have the wall painted in cream, off white or yellow or golden color.

All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by creativesoul
    RA Sir,

Appreciate your advice on my flat's layout as per vastu. We will be moving in soon

Would need remedy in case of any defect. Also need advice on ideal placement of fish tank and shoe rack in the house

There is a cut in NE of the flat due to lift intrusion. It is therefore recommended to place full size mirror on east wall adjoining to dining table or on the wall adjoining the lift, near the door.

The location of dining & living needs to be swapped. So, place living area where dining area is shown i.e. in North-NE & place dining near the kithcen/terrace.

The terrace in South-SE needs to be made heavy as open space here is not recommended. Use brown earthen pots & have few red color plants like red rose, red hibiscus in these pots. If you plan to keep any chairs here, better of they are in dark red or maroon color.

The placement of beds should be such that head should be in South. This here means that bed should be placed exactly opposite as shown in the floor plan.

The bath/toi in North should not be used as toilet, but for bathing its OK. Use raw sea salt in glass or mud bowl in all bath/toi & change them after every 15 days.

Your Qs :-

* Placement of fish tank :-

Vastushastra doesn't recommend caging of anyone, be it birds or fish. Hence, better to avoid fish tank. Fish tank is used in Chinese Feng Shui & not in Vastushastra. However, you can have indoor water fountain in NE. You can also have a bowl in which you can keep flowers in NE. Placing of 'kalash' with Gangajal (water from river ganga) in NE is also considered auspicious. In place of gangajal, even pure water in kalash with fresh mango leaves is good.

* Location of shoe rack :-

The ideal location of shoe rack in Vastushastra is NW. However, incase this is not possible, have a closed shoe rack made of wood (plywood will also do) with proper ventilation for air circulation & keep the door of shoe rack always closed. Throw away worn out footwear & keep shoe rack clean.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vettipayyan
    HI RealAcres, First a big thanks for your help to all the members.

You are most welcome man.

I am facing a terrible situation where the offer price is difficult to let go, but the flat does not have proper orientation.

The builder & agent told me that reason for 20 % discount is becos the building is at the intersection of 3 roads (T) which is, I think, called Veethi Shoola. (and hence as per Tamil practise a Ganesh temple has been built on the compound wall and also the building has been painted with Green and Orange color)

Can you check the attached floor plan and orientation of building below and let me know your views if its totally is good or bad?

I heard from friends that future resale prospects may be very tough for such flats.

The Red area is the Flat I am seeing. and 'PILAYAR KOIL' means Ganesh Temple

Yes, you are right about this & I am glad that even builder frankly admitted this (but wonder why builder bought this plot at first place, perhaps got it cheap).

Anyways, the T junction is indeed very bad as all the energies hit your VAstu with full force. Had the plot been location in such a way that road was coming inside from NE part, it would have been atleast OK. In this case, it is the West side from where road intersects the plot, which is not good.
    In such cases, West = Waste.
    The entrance of your flat is also west which is again not recommended. Ganesh temple may reduce the bad influence but will not eliminate the defects. Also, having a common temple so close to the house is not advisable. To reduce impact of such T junction, 5 arrows are placed on compound wall facing the road. However, this again is just small remedy & no proper solution.

Please understand that if there is dead mouse, the foul smell can be reduced by using air/room freshner but actual solution lies in throwing dead mouse out.
    Same is case with Vastu, remedies in large cases is like using room freshner which is not permanent solution.

Now, you are tempted by 20% discount. This is what you are seeing on short term. Now, after you shift in, & unfortunately if someone falls ill in the family or there are other issues, emotional too, this 20% will look small change.

I have seen plots close to crematoriums selling for 50-60% below market rates, but if you buy such plots/houses, the effect of it may cost you life.

Think about your & your near & dear ones life rather than just this one time saving of 20%. Infact, I would say if there is a property which is very good according to Vastu, pay premium but ensure you buy it.

So, your friends are right, let go this flat. This short term 20% gain may result in 80% future loss. Think.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dvcchinni
    Hi Realacres,
    This is a west facing plot. Can you please let me know if this plan looks good. Thanks in Advance.

The links which you provided are not working. I suggest to use ' Manage Attachment' option & upload the floor plan/layout here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    You said flat has entry from south direction. This means, the entrance or door is North facing. In this case, there is bath/toi in NE, alongwith kitchen in NE part of the house. Both these in NE part is fatal & it is best not to buy or stay in such properties even if given for free.

I didn't go further as such major issues in NE suffice to avoid such properties.

Conclusion :-

Avoid this flat at all costs.

Dear RA, thanks for your advice. I have however not followed how the door is north facing if iit is located in the south part of the apartment..when we go out of the apartment, we shall be looking south, this is what I meant by entry from south direction. Kindly see if there is an error in my communication. In case what you have said holds good for this apartment, my only option is to take any possible corrective measures because I have already finalized the deal. Kindly help. I am worried. Thanks again.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Surbhi123
    Dear Realacres,

We have gone through your suggestions and find them very informative. I am attaching herewith 2 Floor Plans ( a 3 BHK Flat and a 4 BHK Flat).
    Kindly look into it and advice which one to prefer and WHY?

Your kind guidance will help us make the decision.

Regards,

Surbhi

Dear Surbhi,

It is best to drop both the flats. The reasons are issues with NE, which can be fatal if there is severe probs as in this case.

In the 1st floor plan, there is kitchen & bath/toi in North-NE, while in 2nd floor plan, there is bath/toi in NE.

There is no remedy for this & such properties are best avoided even if offered free of cost.

Best to keep scouting, you will surely find better house than this. All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • RA,

Just bumping up my post from 2 weeks ago so that it gets your kind attention. Thanks for all your help.

Originally Posted by PerfectHouse
    Hi RA,

I have read all your posts and have been very impressed with your analysis. Can you please look at the attached Villa Plan and lend your opinion. The house is West facing(perfect West) with gate and driveway being in West while the main entry door is from North.

Also, one of the things that I have been quite confused is in figuring out the direction in which the house is facing as per Vaastu. From everything I read and based on talking to a few knowledgeable people I have sort of concluded that since the plot is facing West and there is a road in the West which runs parallel to the house it is a West facing house irrespective of where the Main door is placed and even the builder is selling them as East or West facing houses. But I came across a couple of people who say that since Front door or "Simhadwaram" is facing towards North and since it was built for a North Entry it is North facing house. From a visual standpoint it is built for West facing architecture but from a entry and usage standpoint it is built as North facing. There is no dearth of doors, sliding glass doors or windows all around the house. Can you please provide your opinion about the direction.

Look forward to your reply and thanks in advance.

Thanks!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by djalan
    Dear RA,

Earlier in my earlier post no 635, I had posted 2 4BHK layout. However now that has been discarded. Plase ignore that post & advice out of these 8 3BHK, which one of them would be most suitable ?

Regards
    Deepak

Of these 8 flats, not a single flat is good. The location of entrance of all South facing door flats is bad. In case of North facing entrance flats, drop flats which are North facing in NW, this leaves with 2 flats which are North facing with location of door in NE.

In Wing A, there are 2 toilets in North, which leads to poor financial aspects, hence better to be dropped.
    The remaining flat in Wing B has a toilet in North-NE, which is again very bad.

Conclusion :-

Not a single flat amongst all the 8 flats are worth purchasing. As the issues persists with North-NE, that too of bath/toi, the remedies won't work effectively either. Hence, drop this project & scout for better ones.
    All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by alpha2delta
    I guess we need to be patient and Mr. RA will definitely reply once he gets some free time. I am sure he would have a lot of things to do in his personal/professional life rather than just monitoring and replying to posts in forum.

Looking at his previous posts I guess he is the most committed member in this forum so i am sure he will definitely reply.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Appreciate it. :)

All,

First, I would like to apologize for delay in replying, but would like to inform that I was stuck with lot of work for past couple of weeks as it was financial year ending & didn't even went to gym in morning as I used to sleep late. Please note that I am not saying anything extraordinary, but I genuinely couldn't reply on same day. Also, now being the moderator of the forum, I have more responsibilities (don't get single paisa for being mod btw), so whatever time I used to spend on IREF gets distributed. Hope you understand my genuine problem.

Sorry once again.

Those who have queries with my Vastu replies above, please respond, will surely respond to it.
    Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu Advice

Originally Posted by realacres
    Dear Surbhi,

It is best to drop both the flats. The reasons are issues with NE, which can be fatal if there is severe probs as in this case.

In the 1st floor plan, there is kitchen & bath/toi in North-NE, while in 2nd floor plan, there is bath/toi in NE.

There is no remedy for this & such properties are best avoided even if offered free of cost.

Best to keep scouting, you will surely find better house than this. All the best. :)

Thanks for your kind Guidance. The tilt in both cases is 12-15 degrees. There are 4 flats on Each Floor and they are mirror images of the floor plan provided. It is applicable to both 3 BDR option as well as 4 BDR Option.

Since we intend to buy this property in resale, would you please analyze that any of the 4 unit on Floor may suit us as per Vastu (considering both options of 3 and 4 BHK units). We will drop this property in-case u do not find any flat suiting out of the 8 options (4 flats of Each size) and shall try searching for another.

Thanks once again for ur valuable inputs.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krishbharti

Dear RA ji, thanks a lot for your advice. I have however not followed how the door is north facing ifit is located in the south part of the apartment..Actually, when we go out of the apartment, we shall be looking south, this is what I meant by entry from south direction. Kindly see if there is an error in my communication.I wish to add further that the kitchen is located in the south west side with a balcony on the west side.drawing room and its balcony is in north west, master bedroom is in north east and has a common balcony with the drawing room.. Second bedroom is in south east side having toilet on south side. That is the general configuration . Kindly review in the light of above and advise what corrective measures should be taken because I have no option now. I am really worried. Thanks and regards again.

Dear RA ji, thanks a lot for your advice. I have however not followed how the door is north facing ifit is located in the south part of the apartment..Actually, when we go out of the apartment, we shall be looking south, this is what I meant by entry from south direction. Kindly see if there is an error in my communication.I wish to add further that the kitchen is located in the south west side with a balcony on the west side.drawing room and its balcony is in north west, master bedroom is in north east and has a common balcony with the drawing room.. Second bedroom is in south east side having toilet on south side. That is the general configuration . Kindly review in the light of above and advise what corrective measures should be taken because I have no option now. I am really worried. Thanks and regards again.
    CommentQuote
  • realacres and other experts

First of all, let me thank you for answering all our queries very patiently.
    I was looking to buy a flat for end-use from more than an year now but lot of projects were either partly vastu compliant or pathetic in terms of vastu along with the total costs and everything.
    My personal preference is either a North/East facing(sorry, no clue about NE or degree variations)
    Can you please have a quick look at the attached plans and tell whether i can go forward and talk to the builder. Based on your inputs i will decide to go and talk to the builder( as my parents are strict about vastu :) )
    Many thanks in advance sir.
    Shekhar.

I was looking to buy a flat for end-use from more than an year now but lot of projects were either partly vastu compliant or pathetic in terms of vastu along with the total costs and everything.
    My personal preference is either a North/East facing(sorry, no clue about NE or degree variations)
    Can you please have a quick look at the attached plans and tell whether i can go forward and talk to the builder. Based on your inputs i will decide to go and talk to the builder( as my parents are strict about vastu :) )
    Shekhar.
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu Advice

Hi RA,

Please find attached herewith the Layout of the rented flat we are currently living in. Its a ground + 3 Floor Structure (almost 15 yrs old but robust & having excellent construction quality). The one I am living in is on 2nd Floor. All 3 bedrooms get plenty of morning Sunlight.

Please review the Vastu of this flat and suggest if we can plan buying this or similar facing flat in this society.

Awaiting your earliest reply with remedies, if any (as we are living here for last 7 yrs) + your suggestion to buy this property:) or not.

Thanks in advance for all ur kind help.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shekharac
    a lot for the kind words. Appreciate it. :)

Those who have queries with my Vastu replies above, please respond, will surely respond to it.
    Cheers.

Shekhar.

Real Acres,
    Just bumping up again to bring it to your kind notice... awaiting for your opinion sir.
    Thanks again.

Real Acres,
    Just bumping up again to bring it to your kind notice... awaiting for your opinion sir.
    Thanks again.

Real Acres,
    Thanks again.
    CommentQuote

• Real Acres,
    Sorry for bumping up again to bring it to your kind notice... awaiting for your opinion sir. Getting confused to decide on this project, appreciate your reply at the earliest
    Thanks again.

Real Acres,
    Sorry for bumping up again to bring it to your kind notice... awaiting for your opinion sir. Getting confused to decide on this project, appreciate your reply at the earliest
    Thanks again.
    CommentQuote