Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1780 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thanks for your kind Guidance. The tilt in both cases is 12-15 degrees. There are 4 flats on Each Floor and they are mirror images of the floor plan provided. It is applicable to both 3 BDR option as well as 4 BDR Option.

Since we intend to buy this property in resale, would you please analyze that any of the 4 unit on Floor may suit us as per Vastu (considering both options of 3 and 4 BHK units). We will drop this property in-case u do not find any flat suiting out of the 8 options (4 flats of Each size) and shall try searching for another.

Thanks once again for ur valuable inputs.

Kitchen or bath/toi or cut in NE is not acceptable & best to be avoided.
    A 15 degree deviation is not good either. Hence, it will be better if you scout for better options.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA ji, thanks a lot for your advice. I have however not followed how the door is north facing ifit is located in the south part of the apartment..Actually, when we go out of the apartment, we shall be looking south, this is what I meant by entry from south direction. Kindly see if there is an error in my communication.I wish to add further that the kitchen is located in the south west side with a balcony on the west side.drawing room and its balcony is in north west, master bedroom is in north east and has a common balcony with the drawing room.. Second bedroom is in south east side having toilet on south side. That is the general configuration . Kindly review in the light of above and advise what corrective measures should be taken because I have no option now. I am really worried. Thanks and regards again.

The direction which you see while going out is the direction of the entrance & should be considered that way. In your case, it means the entrance door is South facing, which is bad unless placed in 4th house from SE after dividing South wall in 9 equal parts.

Kitchen in SW leads to instability related to decision making & finance. All the good energy is burnt out. Bedrooms in NE gives ills like migraine & allied head related solutions & also leads to severe issues with progeny. Hence, it is best to be avoided having a bedroom in this area.

The NE-Brahmasthan-SW is called as Energy Axis & any problem here creates imbalance of energy in the house & best such houses are avoided.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

I have read all your posts and have been very impressed with your analysis. Can you please look at the attached Villa Plan and lend your opinion. The house is West facing(perfect West) with gate and driveway being in West while the main entry door is from North.

Also, one of the things that I have been quite confused is in figuring out the direction in which the house is facing as per Vaastu. From everything I read and based on talking to a few knowledgeable people I have sort of concluded that since the plot is facing West and there is a road in the West which runs parallel to the house it is a West facing house irrespective of where the Main door is placed and even the builder is selling them as East or West facing houses. But I came across a couple of people who say that since Front door or "Simhadwaram" is facing towards North and since it was built for a North Entry it is North facing house. From a visual standpoint it is built for West facing architecture but from a entry and usage standpoint it is built as North facing. There is no dearth of doors, sliding glass doors or windows all around the house. Can you please provide your opinion about the direction.

Look forward to your reply and thanks in advance.

Thanks!

Apologize for the delay.
    When the road is on West of the plot, it means the entrance of the compound is West facing. However, the entrance of the house/building is North facing, which is good & widely recommended.

Please don't mix up the 2, one is direction of door of the compound & other is entrance of the building.

Ideally, it would have been very good if entrance of compound as well as building, both have been North facing. But be assured that atleast one of the gates, facing North is better than both facing West.

However, to get proper readings from vastushastra perspective, you need to see the open spaces around, slope of the plot, location of under-ground, over-head tanks etc. alongwith internal layout/floor plan of the house.

But as far as entrance is concerned, hope this answers your query.
    CommentQuote
  • First of all, let me thank you for answering all our queries very patiently.
    I was looking to buy a flat for end-use from more than an year now but lot of projects were either partly vastu compliant or pathetic in terms of vastu along with the total costs and everything.
    My personal preference is either a North/East facing(sorry, no clue about NE or degree variations)
    Can you please have a quick look at the attached plans and tell whether i can go forward and talk to the builder. Based on your inputs i will decide to go and talk to the builder( as my parents are strict about vastu )
    Many thanks in advance sir.
    Shekhar.

Well, I saw both the flats, did calculations after some drawings & amongst the 2 floor plan you mentioned, I would recommend you to opt for flat 604. Just ensure the following :-

> The basin of m.bath goes in brahmasthan, keep raw salt in bowl & replace it after every 15 days. Do this for both bathrooms,

> The common bath/toi adjoining to kitchen, which falls in east should be used for bathing only & use of toilet should be restricted as much as possible,

> The balcony in south attached to terrace should be made heavy. Having plants in earthen pots is recommended. Ensure that plants giving out milk, having thorns (rose is an exception), creepers should be avoided,

> Place beds in such a way that head is at South, like shown in bedroom in NW. You can get the electrical fittings changed accordingly to suit this position of the bed.

Rest is good. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

Please find attached herewith the Layout of the rented flat we are currently living in. Its a ground + 3 Floor Structure (almost 15 yrs old but robust & having excellent construction quality). The one I am living in is on 2nd Floor. All 3 bedrooms get plenty of morning Sunlight.

Please review the Vastu of this flat and suggest if we can plan buying this or similar facing flat in this society.

Awaiting your earliest reply with remedies, if any (as we are living here for last 7 yrs) + your suggestion to buy this property or not.

Thanks in advance for all ur kind help.

This property is not very good & frankly, it is one of the good positions of pooja room which must have helped you a lot here.

Out of 3 bedrooms, 1 is in NE, other is SE, so literally, both are wasted, if required to be used strictly as bedrooms. The bath/toi in NE-East is not good either. Other is at SE, which is also bad as you have water place in location meant for fire (agni).

Overall, the balcony in North & pooja room in North-NE are only good things in this house, & to a good extent the m.bed in South (ideally it should be in SW).

If you ask me whether it is worth buying, I would definitely not recommend as this house will never help you reach your complete potential in life.
    CommentQuote
  • Real Acres,
    Sorry for bumping up again to bring it to your kind notice... awaiting for your opinion sir. Getting confused to decide on this project, appreciate your reply at the earliest
    Thanks again.

Sorry for delay.
    I have replied to your query. Let me know if you have any further doubts.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    You are most welcome man.

So, your friends are right, let go this flat. This short term 20% gain may result in 80% future loss. Think.

Thanks for the very helpful advice. Even though I don't know much about Vastu, I would like to buy a flat whose future resale should not be affected due to incorrect Vastu. In that sense, I respect your advice as its my first and biggest personal investment.

I had an option B in case the above one failed to comply with vastu.

Please let me know if the below flat (Duplex which begins at 1st floor and has 2 inner floors separately attached below) is ok in terms of vastu.
    The flat marked in Green is my portion.

Thanks again. :)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    Sorry for delay.
    I have replied to your query. Let me know if you have any further doubts.

Thanks a lot for all the valuable info sir. Really appreciate.

Just a couple of doubts:
    1. Can you suggest a place where we could keep the Pooja Mandir.

2. As you suggested to use the common bathroom as toilet sparingly, can you suggest any remedy if there is any, as most of the times, common bathroom will be used at a high frequency by the family and guests.

Thanks a lot.
    Shekhar.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA Ji.. need your help.. Enclosing the details of property in which I am looking for a flat.. Can you please help on which flat to chose considering Vastu aspects. I am novoice in this area. Your help is very much appreciated.
    My preference right now is to take flat in front row (towards gate), if it compy to vastu guidelines. Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu Advice

Originally Posted by realacres

Overall, the balcony in North & pooja room in North-NE are only good things in this house, & to a good extent the m.bed in South (ideally it should be in SW).

If you ask me whether it is worth buying,I would definitely not recommend as this house will never help you reach your complete potential in lifee.

Dear RA,

Thanks for your kind help.

Since we have been living in this house for over 7 yrs, we agree to your Point that "I would definitely not recommend as this house will never help you reach your complete potential in life". as we experience the same.

We would request you to kindly post few floor-layouts of apartment flats which you feel comply to Vastu. This will help all of us understand which type of Apartment Flat Layout should we consider.

Regards,

Dear RA,

Since we have been living in this house for over 7 yrs, we agree to your Point that "I would definitely not recommend as this house will never help you reach your complete potential in life". as we experience the same.

We would request you to kindly post few floor-layouts of apartment flats which you feel comply to Vastu. This will help all of us understand which type of Apartment Flat Layout should we consider.

Regards,

Dear RA,

Regards,

Dear RA,

Regards,

Dear RA,

Regards,

Dear RA,

Regards,
    CommentQuote
    The direction which you see while going out is the direction of the entrance & should be considered that way. In your case, it means the entrance door is South facing, which is bad unless placed in 4th house from SE after dividing South wall in 9 equal parts.

Kitchen in SW leads to instability related to decision making & finance. All the good energy is burnt out. Bedrooms in NE gives ills like migraine & allied head related solutions & also leads to severe issues with progeny. Hence, it is best to be avoided having a bedroom in this area.

The NE-Brahmasthan-SW is called as Energy Axis & any problem here creates imbalance of energy in the house & best such houses are avoided.

My grateful thanks for your kind advice. But as requested earlier, kindly suggest some remedies because I have no other option now. Thanks again.
    CommentQuote
    Well, I saw both the flats, did calculations after some drawings & amongst the 2 floor plan you mentioned, I would recommend you to opt for flat 604. Just ensure the following :-

> The basin of m.bath goes in brahmasthan, keep raw salt in bowl & replace it after every 15 days. Do this for both bathrooms,

> The common bath/toi adjoining to kitchen, which falls in east should be used for bathing only & use of toilet should be restricted as much as possible,

> The balcony in south attached to terrace should be made heavy. Having plants in earthen pots is recommended. Ensure that plants giving out milk, having thorns (rose is an exception), creepers should be avoided,

Rest is good. :)

Dear Sir,
    Just noticed that flat plan 604 i have attached is not exactly North facing. Can you please have a quick look once again and suggest if the same points above will still hold good?

For your quick reference i am attaching the total layout plan and the floor plan again in the attachment.( 604 flat is ticked in the layout plan for your kind reference).

Thanks a lot sir.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • RA,

Thank you for your reply. Please don't apologize. You are doing a great job. You will have plenty of other things to attend to, so whatever you are able to do by sparing your valuable time is really commendable.

I had also attached a house layout plan to my original post 3 weeks ago(Post # 606). At your convenience can you please take a look at the plan and lend your opinion.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by realacres
    Apologize for the delay.
    When the road is on West of the plot, it means the entrance of the compound is West facing. However, the entrance of the house/building is North facing, which is good & widely recommended.

Please don't mix up the 2, one is direction of door of the compound & other is entrance of the building.

Ideally, it would have been very good if entrance of compound as well as building, both have been North facing. But be assured that atleast one of the gates, facing North is better than both facing West.

However, to get proper readings from vastushastra perspective, you need to see the open spaces around, slope of the plot, location of under-ground, over-head tanks etc. alongwith internal layout/floor plan of the house.

But as far as entrance is concerned, hope this answers your query.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harshsharma
    Dear RA Ji.. need your help.. Enclosing the details of property in which I am looking for a flat.. Can you please help on which flat to chose considering Vastu aspects. I am novoice in this area. Your help is very much appreciated.
    My preference right now is to take flat in front row (towards gate), if it compy to vastu guidelines. Thanks in advance

RA Ji.. Request your help pls. Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello RealAcres,

I have come across this thread very recently and have read initial few pages. At present I am staying in govt. quarters. After reading what information you require to analyze, I have tried to mark the directions of the block of quarters, as well as the quarter in which I am staying.
    It is not in my control either to alter anything structurally or to change the roles of various rooms significantly. However, I wish to know what this house could be doing to us. Could you please analyze and give your opinion.

Picture of block
    "/>

Picture of my quarter
    "/>

please click on images to see full size, if they are seen to be small.

regards,
    CommentQuote