Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    No, it won't help in this case.
    East facing in SE part is bad,
    South facing in SE part is good.

Hence, you need to keep the entrance door South facing only, but it should be located in 4th house from SE corner after you divide the South side in 9 equal parts. It is better to shift stairs more towards SW (which will be good) & this will lead to more open space towards SE, thus enabling you to make door as mentioned above.

Yes,now I could exactly place entry door in 4th. house as advised.
    One more thing,it is said that stair, colmn, toilet are not good in Brahmastan. Whether beams in Brahmastan are also equally bad? Beams are coming in my case -any advice please.
    Thanks,
    santdas54
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Krishbharti
    My grateful thanks for your kind advice. But as requested earlier, kindly suggest some remedies because I have no other option now. Thanks again.

Respected RA ji,
    I am keenly awaiting your advice on the possible remedial measures. Thanks and regards.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Surbhi123
    Dear RA,

Thanks for your kind help.

Since we have been living in this house for over 7 yrs, we agree to your Point that "I would definitely not recommend as this house will never help you reach your complete potential in life". as we experience the same.

We would request you to kindly post few floor-layouts of apartment flats which you feel comply to Vastu. This will help all of us understand which type of Apartment Flat Layout should we consider.

Regards,

Please see the following one :-

http://saisindhudewelopers.com/Blossums/typicalTypical8.htm

The only thing to consider is that the bath/toi adjoining the kitchen isn't very good as it shares common wall, but can be used as bath. Rest is fantastic. I will buy such flat based on floor plan hands down. :)
    CommentQuote
  • My grateful thanks for your kind advice. But as requested earlier, kindly suggest some remedies because I have no other option now. Thanks again.

Frankly, there is no option except for changing the direction of kitchen from SW to SE or East. The bedroom in NE should not be used by you, shift to SW-South-West.

Ofcourse, there are somethings which can be done but it won't reduce the bad effect by even 10% in such cases, so best to change the house. You may feel it harsh, but if there is frankly no good remedial solutions for this. Shift & you will experience positive change.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Sir,
    Just noticed that flat plan 604 i have attached is not exactly North facing. Can you please have a quick look once again and suggest if the same points above will still hold good?

For your quick reference i am attaching the total layout plan and the floor plan again in the attachment.( 604 flat is ticked in the layout plan for your kind reference).

Thanks a lot sir.

OK. This means there is difference between flat floor plan & project layout. This is exactly why I ask people to take compass with them on site & then inspect physically to get exact readings for directions. I would suggest you the same, please visit the site & let me know the angle of deviation from the main directions. If it is less than 10 degrees, then the readings remain the same as said above. Let me know the angle, so that I can elaborate precisely.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the very helpful advice. Even though I don't know much about Vastu, I would like to buy a flat whose future resale should not be affected due to incorrect Vastu. In that sense, I respect your advice as its my first and biggest personal investment.

I had an option B in case the above one failed to comply with vastu.

Please let me know if the below flat (Duplex which begins at 1st floor and has 2 inner floors separately attached below) is ok in terms of vastu.
    The flat marked in Green is my portion.

Thanks again.

Look at NE. It has not 1 but 2 bath/toilets. This is enough to reject the property even if it is given for free. There are other issues too but no point in discussing that as toilet in NE is enough to avoid such projects. Infact, let alone buying one, a person should not even stay on rent in such houses/properties.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot for all the valuable info sir. Really appreciate.

Just a couple of doubts:
    1. Can you suggest a place where we could keep the Pooja Mandir.

2. As you suggested to use the common bathroom as toilet sparingly, can you suggest any remedy if there is any, as most of the times, common bathroom will be used at a high frequency by the family and guests.

Thanks a lot.
    Shekhar.

1. Pooja mandir should be kept in NE part of the house. It should be placed in such a way that while performing pooja, you should face East.

2. For bathroom, put a bowlful of raw sea salt (samudri namak, costs about 5/kg only) & replace it after every 15 days. Keep bathroom clean & use exhaust fans during use.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA Ji.. need your help.. Enclosing the details of property in which I am looking for a flat.. Can you please help on which flat to chose considering Vastu aspects. I am novoice in this area. Your help is very much appreciated.
    My preference right now is to take flat in front row (towards gate), if it compy to vastu guidelines. Thanks in advance

There are few flats in front row. Which one are you talking about ? I would also suggest you to first visit the site & see what the exact directions are. As seen above, there can be difference in floor plan & what is actually seen on the site.

It will therefore best, if you can take a compass, visit the site, take proper directions & see deviations from main angle, if any & then upload the individual floor plan of the flat of your interest. This will help me give precise calculations & readings for the flat of your interest.
    Btw, if you see kitchen &/or toilet in North, best to avoid it as I see in some of the flats. Having either or both the things in North obstructs the inflow of money.
    CommentQuote
  • RA,

Thank you for your reply. Please don't apologize. You are doing a great job. You will have plenty of other things to attend to, so whatever you are able to do by sparing your valuable time is really commendable.

I had also attached a house layout plan to my original post 3 weeks ago(Post # 606). At your convenience can you please take a look at the plan and lend your opinion.

Thanks again.

Seen the floor plan, but there are no directions mentioned. Ofcourse, based on what you mentioned in post, I got rough idea but it will be better if you can tag directions on the floor plan so that there won't be any space for any sort of miscalculations. Just let me know the North direction on floor plan, thats all what I need.

Having said this, if the lobby on ground floor in at North, then ground floor is OK (just pooja room needs to be shifted, thats all & is minor) but there are multiple issues on first floor. Let me know North as said before, so that we can proceed.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello RealAcres,

I have come across this thread very recently and have read initial few pages. At present I am staying in govt. quarters. After reading what information you require to analyze, I have tried to mark the directions of the block of quarters, as well as the quarter in which I am staying.
    It is not in my control either to alter anything structurally or to change the roles of various rooms significantly. However, I wish to know what this house could be doing to us. Could you please analyze and give your opinion.

As this is Govt block, you can shift out to some other block too if possible. However, based on this floor plan, here are the readings :-

> The house has gone in sub-direction, which leads to Vastudosha of Vidisha. This is not good as major directions goes in corner & property faces cut on multiple directions;

> But for now, the toilets are OK,

> The m.bed is OK. But align the bed is such a way that it is exactly North-South & sleep with your head towards South. Now doing this will look odd in the room as it will feel like bed is improperly kept, but still you need to do that,

> Cook in the kitchen by having stove/hob on the wall adjacent to living room i.e. exactly the opp wall where the stove pic is seen,

> You need to have pooja room/ghar in the bedroom adjoining the living room in NE,

> There is a cut in North, so best to place a full size mirror on the wall adjoining the air-duct (behind sofa), & get this wall painted either cream, yellow or golden in color or atleast put some pics of flowers of these colors. Mirror though is a must,

> The entrance is NW, so place a copper swastika symbol of 4x4 inches above the door frame from outside on auspicious day, better if it is placed on wooden base (teak wood preferred),

> Keep raw sea salt in bowl in both bath/toi & change them after every 15 days,

> Wipe the floor with water with raw sea salt atleast twice a week (daily is best). You can just add salt to water containing floor cleaner etc.

> In kitchen, have color of pastel green.. If painting of wall is not possible, atleast have some things like chairs, baskets or whatever possible in kitchen in pastel green color. Keep a sphatik stone/quartz crystal stone in kitchen near the gas stove.

Being a Govt quarter, lets not go into very minor things. These should suffice to start with as major ones as mentioned above. First do the following, & once you get positive results, let us know.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes,now I could exactly place entry door in 4th. house as advised.
    One more thing,it is said that stair, colmn, toilet are not good in Brahmastan. Whether beams in Brahmastan are also equally bad? Beams are coming in my case -any advice please.
    Thanks,
    santdas54

Good to see the entrance issue sorted out. Now just ensure the following :-

> Place a silver swastika on wood (teakwood preferred) above the door frame from outside,

> Keep 2 small blocks of sandalwood at the end of the dehleez/chaukhat of the entrance door & have the door preferably in dark red or maroon color,

> Having a rudraksha mala on door frame from outside will also help a lot to cleanse bad energy, if any,

As far as bramhasthan is concerned, yes, toilets, kitchen, entrance, columns or beams should not be there. Ensure that columns (ones which connect roof to floor) aren't there at any cost. As far as beams (seen on ceilings/side walls) are concerned, best if you can cover them with wood. Plywood is also OK. The use of wood eliminates/reduces the electromagnetic energy from the beam to circulate around. Also ensure that no one should sit or sleep below the beam under any circumstances.

Btw, if you didn't like the look of wood, you can go for some design on wood or even false ceiling after application of wood on the beams.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you or any other reader has any further queries.
    God bless. :)
    CommentQuote
  • RA, I need your specific inputs on the following vastu issues:

1) Brahmasthan has 2 small very stores, one can be used as pooja room and other has washing machine/dryer which cannot be moved as they are fixed to internal pipelines. Exact center is close to the wall between the two small stores. Is it a major problem and are there any remedies.

2) South west has bedroom which is good but has an attached toilet/bathroom which is right at the SW corner. Is it a major problem and are there any remedies.

3) if South-East has toilet/bathroom OR washing machine/dryer, which can be used and what are the remedies.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Ra ji,

Can you please suggest the corrections of below flat if any.
    One correction i know is swapping of master bed room and children bed room.
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    As this is Govt block, you can shift out to some other block too if possible. However, based on this floor plan, here are the readings :-

> The house has gone in sub-direction, which leads to Vastudosha of Vidisha. This is not good as major directions goes in corner & property faces cut on multiple directions;

> But for now, the toilets are OK,

> The m.bed is OK. But align the bed is such a way that it is exactly North-South & sleep with your head towards South. Now doing this will look odd in the room as it will feel like bed is improperly kept, but still you need to do that,

> Cook in the kitchen by having stove/hob on the wall adjacent to living room i.e. exactly the opp wall where the stove pic is seen,

> You need to have pooja room/ghar in the bedroom adjoining the living room in NE,

> There is a cut in North, so best to place a full size mirror on the wall adjoining the air-duct (behind sofa), & get this wall painted either cream, yellow or golden in color or atleast put some pics of flowers of these colors. Mirror though is a must,

> The entrance is NW, so place a copper swastika symbol of 4x4 inches above the door frame from outside on auspicious day, better if it is placed on wooden base (teak wood preferred),

> Keep raw sea salt in bowl in both bath/toi & change them after every 15 days,

> Wipe the floor with water with raw sea salt atleast twice a week (daily is best). You can just add salt to water containing floor cleaner etc.

> In kitchen, have color of pastel green.. If painting of wall is not possible, atleast have some things like chairs, baskets or whatever possible in kitchen in pastel green color. Keep a sphatik stone/quartz crystal stone in kitchen near the gas stove.

Being a Govt quarter, lets not go into very minor things. These should suffice to start with as major ones as mentioned above. First do the following, & once you get positive results, let us know.

Hello Realacres,

Thanks a lot for giving your advice within constraints outlined. I'd do some plan on the points suggested by you and come back here.

regards,
    vin
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu Advise

Originally Posted by realacres
    Please see the following one :-

Typical Floor Plan-Flat No.8 - Sindhu Blossums at adjacent to Hitex, Cyberabad - Sai Sindhu Dewelopers > > > > >

The only thing to consider is that the bath/toi adjoining the kitchen isn't very good as it shares common wall, but can be used as bath. Rest is fantastic. I will buy such flat based on floor plan hands down. :)

Thanks RA,

The attached Layout is really good. We are looking for a Flat for self use in GURGAON. Have you come across any Layout for any property (move in OR under construction) in Gurgaon which complies to Vastu.

We have searched various layouts but have not found any complying satisfactorily. This will save a lot of time and expedite our decision making.

Thanks once again.
    CommentQuote