Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • In the days of money being charged for very small help,Really you are doing a very great job sir by spending your valuable time.
    Thanks again
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA , Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I also must apologize as I was not too clear in my questions . I should have mentioned that this house was built 5 years ago and we are staying there since then. As suggested by you, I will take action on compound entrance shifting (on 4th house) , new entrance on east side ,

But some steps cant be taken now , e.g. staircase and septic tank

can you please suggest if these issue can be corrected without demolitions ?

thanks again for your help.

Originally Posted by realacres
    Some modifications required :-

> Shift the stairs from North to SW,

> The septic tank should be shifted from SW to NW on west side; having a ditch, tank etc. in SW, South is very bad,

> Your compound entrance is South facing. In this case, divide the South side in 9 equal parts & have the entrance gate on 4th house from SE,

> Below the compound gate, place silver plate or thick wire about 2 feet below ground surface. Place sandalwood blocks near the end of the gates at the bottom as well. These 2 things will help drastically cut fire effects in entrance,

> The compound entrance door should be of dark red/maroon color,

> The temple should be in NE & not in West. You need to shift this as well,

> You can have bath/toi in North-West, West or South,

> Kitchen, living & borewell, tulsi is fantastic, & so is the entrance of the house,

> Overall ensure that open space in & around your house is more in NE, North & East & less in SW, South & West,

> If there is a kaccha road, you can one more entrance anywhere between NE-East but ensure that the compound wall entrance & your house entrance are not in straight line i.e. one in front of another,

> The height & thickness of walls (including compound walls) should be in the following order :-

SW > S > SE >/= NW > NE

Hope this helps. Please revise the layout & upload it. We can proceed from there then. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Where is ground floor ? Or you are going to occupy on first floor & ground floor will be occupied by someone else ?
    Anyways, as you are constructing this on your own, shift the stairs from NW to SW,

Don't have common wall between kitchen & toilet & shift this toi/bath more towards SW side, centre of south is best when on south wall,

Location of kitchen, M.bed, living & its attached balcony is very good,

The bedroom in North, if going to be used as bedroom, should be shifted to South, West or NW,

Avoid cuts as much as possible, irrespective of the direction. The house shape has to be square or rectangle only.

Do these things first, upload the modified floor plan & then revert. Will take it from there further.

Thanks for your views RA.

I have posted the pla for upper ground floor and same plan is for every floor.
    Since you cant get rid of the cuts as you have to give cuts for ventilations, mcd will not pass the map of the house.

moreover, i did small modifications,
    I wouldlike to tell u i have 2 kids -1 daughter and a son. And it is told to me that for daughter, NE room is not good, so i have to cosntruct a room in North.
    If i shift the stairs from NW to SW, there may be a problem to Master bedroom in SW.
    There is a small cut NW coz i have to provide ventilation for stairs.
    Pls give me the solution if any vastu defect is there.
    I am attaching a modified map.
    RAJESH
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your response. The kitchen is actually in Northwest direction and you have mentioned north-northeast. Is placing Sphatik stone good for northwest kitchen as you suggested for N or NE kitchen. Other question is we shifted in this house about 8 months back and since then we are facing financial problems and lack of job prospects for my wife. Is the vastu of this house a problem and whether you can suggest any specific solutions for the same. Thanks again.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    In case of type 17, entire SW is missing/cut. This is not all recommended under any circumstances & hence best to reject it.

The only plans in which something can be done is like the one mentioned above, it is the same project. This I am saying after seeing all the flats from the file uploaded by you.
    God bless.

Hmmm this is same aratt project but what harsh asked you is a 3bhk,but am looking for only 2bhks and there are only two types and they are not according to vaastu.
    wont consider this project then :(,thanku Ra sir.
    CommentQuote
  • To begin with Thank you for your detailed reply, sincerely appreciate it. Please look at my responses listed below and reply at your earliest convenience.

Originally Posted by realacres
    That's very good.

No please don't do it. Having pooja room in NE is for it to be INSIDE the house, within the walls & not outside it. There are people who had kept pooja room in balcony, just because it was in NE. :o
    Have the pooja room in NE of the house within the walls, not outside it.
    You can do this :-

--> When I said we are planning to move puja room to patio area the idea is to extend the boundaries of the house in NE by eliminating patio and using that patio area in NE as Puja room. So, the puja room will be within walls of the house.

Demolish existing small pooja room given by builder, add that space to living room & get it done in NE of living room. It will be best option. If not room, you can always go with wood & glass partition or gypsum boards.

From what I have seen is people have got positive results only when they had/shifted their pooja room in NE.

Many things are required on 1st floor :-

> There is a toilet which comes above the kitchen in SE. Toi/bath in SE is bad, & having one above kitchen is even worse. Ensure that there is no bath/toi here,

--> The bathroom above kitchen is not above the kitchen but is exactly above the store room and the entrance area outside store room where the refrigerator will be kept. Is it still bad in those circumstances in your opinion? I have spoken with couple of reputed vastu persons who had also visited the site of construction and neither of them raised this issue which is surprising. Don't get my wrong, I am not second guessing your opinion. Due to time being a factor, I needed additional opinions because we had to make purchase decisions and you being very busy I am having these discussions on the side with other vaastu experts as well but do highly value your opinion.

> Swap the place of NE bedroom on 1st floor with NW study/drawing on ground floor. So, the bedroom goes in NW on ground floor, while the study comes up in NE on 1st floor,

--> From a logistics point of view, I would like to keep the study downstairs where it is. It will be my office. We have plans of converting that bedroom upstairs in NE into a game & gym room by eliminating bathroom. If we do not convert it into a game and gym room it will be kids bed room. So, it will be mostly a kids area for play and study or sleep and study. what do you think about converting it to gym & play area.

> The bath/toi on 1st floor comes right above the lobby/entrance of ground floor. If not required, better you not have it at all, & if at all you want to retain it, it is best if used only as bathroom & not as toilet. Ensure you keep raw sea salt in bowl in this bathroom which needs to be changed after every 15 days,

--> One of the vastu experts also advised on eliminating bathroom which is above lobby. As I detailed above we have plans of converting the bedroom in NE upstairs into a game and gym room which should eliminate the bath/toilet.

> If possible, don't have room on 1st floor in NE, rather let it be occupied with terrace. It will be fantastic. You can shift the room in NW where currently there is terrace. In short, this is mere swapping of room with terrace,

--> Builder is actually covering the terrace opening in NW. Since it is being covered, as per the Vasstu experts I spoke with it there is no vastu dosha. Do you agree? Th structure/shell is already built, so it is not possible to swap them now.

> I can't see up & down direction on staircase, so ensure that it is clockwise i.e. you go from left towards right while going up. Numbers of stairs should never end with zero & number of steps should be such that if you start with your right feet, you should end with right feet only on landing space,

--> Yes it is clockwise. I will check on how the feet are landing in landing space.

> Parking of vehicles should be in NW of the house/plot,

If you look at the porch and driveway, they are in NW. So, I believe we are good with it.

> The 1st floor SW bedroom should be occupied by owner of the house or the person who runs the house, while ground floor SW bedroom should be occupied by person who occupies 2nd position in the house.

Btw, if there is only 1 couple in house, it doesn't mean husband sleeps on ground floor & wife on first floor. :D

--> The bedroom in SW area on ground floor is what we intend to occupy. However if my parents agree on staying with us then we will occupy the first floor bedroom in SW. So, we will be occupying one of the SW bedrooms. If we end up occupying SW bedroom on ground floor then the SW bedroom upstairs will be lying vacant and will be used one of our kids when they grow up.

Let me know how much modification can be done. We can proceed from there after you discuss these points with the builder.

RA, please read my above comments starting with marker "-->" and do respond. Eagerly looking forward to your responses. Thank you!!
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Realacres,

I have been a passive reader of your posts for a long time. Need your help regarding the Vaastu compliance of a flat that we are planning to buy. We will spend all our savings on it and hence wanted to get your opinion regarding Flat # C802 in the following layout. The Terraces in 802 are the light shaded ones.

Sorry again for bothering you. But we really need some guidance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • I have seen your lots of post that are really useful; would like to make the changes as per the vastu shastra in our new flat which are under construction can you please provide me your contact no.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aashirwad
    Hi RA , Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I also must apologize as I was not too clear in my questions . I should have mentioned that this house was built 5 years ago and we are staying there since then. As suggested by you, I will take action on compound entrance shifting (on 4th house) , new entrance on east side ,

But some steps cant be taken now , e.g. staircase and septic tank

can you please suggest if these issue can be corrected without demolitions ?

thanks again for your help.

Remedies in such cases don't work. Either do the changes or change the house. This is the only solution.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sweetncu
    Thanks for your views RA.

moreover, i did small modifications,
    I wouldlike to tell u i have 2 kids -1 daughter and a son. And it is told to me that for daughter, NE room is not good, so i have to cosntruct a room in North.

For daughter, ideal location is NW. For son it can be either West or South. NW can also do if he is small.

If i shift the stairs from NW to SW, there may be a problem to Master bedroom in SW.

Shift it to South-SW & place that toi/bath in NW.

Pls give me the solution if any vastu defect is there.
    I am attaching a modified map.
    RAJESH

Why are you interested in first getting ill then to eat medicines ? Better avoid that illness at first place. So, better if you implement proper changes in structure rather than opting for remedies. At the end, what is natural, remains natural.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ajawar
    Thanks for your response. The kitchen is actually in Northwest direction and you have mentioned north-northeast. Is placing Sphatik stone good for northwest kitchen as you suggested for N or NE kitchen. Other question is we shifted in this house about 8 months back and since then we are facing financial problems and lack of job prospects for my wife. Is the vastu of this house a problem and whether you can suggest any specific solutions for the same. Thanks again.

in your post #693, it is clear that there is kitchen in N-NE only, while there is flowerbed & small cut in NW. The direction of the flat is also in sub-direction & not aligned to main directions.

The location of kitchen in your case is the reason for financial issues. Sphatik stone will help but not very much. Either you shift the kitchen or change the flat.

Btw, going for pyramids & stuff like that doesn't work. It is just money making ploy by commercial chaps who indirectly give bad name to this wonderful science. I would recommend shifting of house only.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rameshh
    Hmmm this is same aratt project but what harsh asked you is a 3bhk,but am looking for only 2bhks and there are only two types and they are not according to vaastu.
    wont consider this project then :(,thanku Ra sir.

Thats good. You may feel sad today, but I am sure, you will feel happy in future. Don't worry man, house can't be changed like fone or cars, hence better scout more & be late than sorry. All the best man. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PerfectHouse
    RA, please read my above comments starting with marker "-->" and do respond. Eagerly looking forward to your responses. Thank you!!

Here are quick answers :-

> Removing toilet above lobby is good,

> Toilet above store adjoining to kitchen is bad. At the end of the day, what are you going to keep in that store room ? Food material, grains ? If yes, think how is it to have food material below & toilet above,

> NW covered by roof is OK but that doesn't take into consideration that structural weight in NE due to room will be more than NW. Issue is not just covered or open, but weight also needs to be considered. Covering is small remedy, not solution,

> Driveway, bedroom is good, no issues.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dild2001
    Dear Realacres,

I have been a passive reader of your posts for a long time. Need your help regarding the Vaastu compliance of a flat that we are planning to buy. We will spend all our savings on it and hence wanted to get your opinion regarding Flat # C802 in the following layout. The Terraces in 802 are the light shaded ones.

Sorry again for bothering you. But we really need some guidance.

If the direction shown is for your floor plan of flat (considering there is layout of entire project nearby), I would say drop it. Main reasons are 2 :-

> House is in sub-direction,
    > Kitchen is in North, which leads to financial probs.

Btw friends, I will be flying out of state & will return by 1st week of June. I may or maynot be able to access forum from international location. Please beat with me. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • thanks a lot !!! I had the same feelings from reading your posts ... but was not sure.

It will be great if you could create a "vaastu guide for dummies" for noobies like us ... so that we can do preliminary checks - before we bother you. You have already shared a whole lot of knowledge through the multiple posts.

thanks again
    CommentQuote