Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • South-east cut in flat plot..ok?

Hello,

We are considering purchasing this flat. There is a cut in the south east part of the house. However, the master bedroom is in the south west. There are no bedrooms in the north and north-east. The kitchen is in the south east corner of the house.

Is it alright as per vaastu?
    If not, what are the implications? Remedies?

Thank you
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hello RA,

Thanks for the reply. I have already put this apartment for resale through real estate agents. Can you please tell me if the kitchen is giving financial problems then will this flat sell while I am staying in this house. Or it is advisable to move out on rent elsewhere first and then there is better prospect of selling this flat?

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by realacres
    in your post #693, it is clear that there is kitchen in N-NE only, while there is flowerbed & small cut in NW. The direction of the flat is also in sub-direction & not aligned to main directions.

The location of kitchen in your case is the reason for financial issues. Sphatik stone will help but not very much. Either you shift the kitchen or change the flat.

Btw, going for pyramids & stuff like that doesn't work. It is just money making ploy by commercial chaps who indirectly give bad name to this wonderful science. I would recommend shifting of house only.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Appreciate your efforts. Do revert with your feedback once the said points are done. :)

Dear RA,

re-producing below what you had advised:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    As this is Govt block, you can shift out to some other block too if possible. However, based on this floor plan, here are the readings :-

> The house has gone in sub-direction, which leads to Vastudosha of Vidisha. This is not good as major directions goes in corner & property faces cut on multiple directions;

> But for now, the toilets are OK,

> 1) The m.bed is OK. But align the bed is such a way that it is exactly North-South & sleep with your head towards South. Now doing this will look odd in the room as it will feel like bed is improperly kept, but still you need to do that,

> 2) Cook in the kitchen by having stove/hob on the wall adjacent to living room i.e. exactly the opp wall where the stove pic is seen,

> 3) You need to have pooja room/ghar in the bedroom adjoining the living room in NE,

> 4) There is a cut in North, so best to place a full size mirror on the wall adjoining the air-duct (behind sofa), & get this wall painted either cream, yellow or golden in color or atleast put some pics of flowers of these colors. Mirror though is a must,

> 5) The entrance is NW, so place a copper swastika symbol of 4x4 inches above the door frame from outside on auspicious day, better if it is placed on wooden base (teak wood preferred),

> 6) Keep raw sea salt in bowl in both bath/toi & change them after every 15 days,

> 7) Wipe the floor with water with raw sea salt atleast twice a week (daily is best). You can just add salt to water containing floor cleaner etc.

> 8) In kitchen, have color of pastel green.. If painting of wall is not possible, atleast have some things like chairs, baskets or whatever possible in kitchen in pastel green color. Keep a sphatik stone/quartz crystal stone in kitchen near the gas stove.

Being a Govt quarter, lets not go into very minor things. These should suffice to start with as major ones as mentioned above. First do the following, & once you get positive results, let us know.
    +++++++++++++++++++

s.no 4 is partly done (wall painted cream ).
    6 and 7 are being done with crystal salt. I could not make sure that crystal salt (comes in 1kg packs around here) is sea salt. Kindly confirm.
    thanks,
    CommentQuote
  • Need Advise from Vasthu Perspective

Hi RA,

Hope you are doing good... !!! :)

After a long search, I am planning to finalize this flat . Based on my Vastu knowledge, I could see this flat is good to buy to live throughtout my life because of Very good Ventilation. However a detailed analysis (about vastu on this flat) from an expert like u will be helpful to arrive at a solution.

Please find the attachment to get the flat plan and floor plan. Also below are some additional information about this flat/apartment.

1. Location / Area - Peacefull Location with very good Ground Water. No Air and Noise Pollution.
    2. Apartment In & Out Gate Entrance - Facing West Direction (Connects directly from 40feet Road)
    3. Apartment contains totally 3 Floors (6 flats each floor) and 1 penthouse in 4th floor, hence totally 19 flats and stilt is occupied with Car Parking, Association Room , Gym, Watch Man Room, ELectrical Room, etc .
    4. There are enough space between elevation and compound wall, around 10 - 12 feet (for drive way) which avoids ventilation problem.
    5. No Wall Sharing for Left corner and Right Corner Flats.
    6. All the flats close to this apartment are constructed with Stilt + 2 floors, thats why I am planning to book A flat in 3rd floor by considering there would be more open space for 3 side which leads to very good ventilation.
    7. About Builder - Directly inspected their model flats (both Unconsrtuction and completed) - Meets Good Quality

Question:
    1. Only constraint I have is that, the main door facing south. For this A flat, We dont have any open space to Air. we have only opposite flat main door infront of our main door. Also, as per my Birth sign & Nakshathra, MAIN DOOR FACING WEST should be avoided. Rest of the directions are fine. But I am still under confusion. Do I need to worry about this Main door South facing ? Please explain in detail.

2. This project is just started, so if there are any additional modification needs to be done for flat. Please let me know. I planning to remove the toilet which is in east side (near kitchen), since 2 is enough and thought of making Kitchen with dinning. Is this Fine ? or let me know your suggestions ?

Looking forward your valuable suggestions.

Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
    ALLISWELL :).

Please find the attachment to get the flat plan and floor plan. Also below are some additional information about this flat/apartment.

1. Location / Area - Peacefull Location with very good Ground Water. No Air and Noise Pollution.
    2. Apartment In & Out Gate Entrance - Facing West Direction (Connects directly from 40feet Road)
    3. Apartment contains totally 3 Floors (6 flats each floor) and 1 penthouse in 4th floor, hence totally 19 flats and stilt is occupied with Car Parking, Association Room , Gym, Watch Man Room, ELectrical Room, etc .
    4. There are enough space between elevation and compound wall, around 10 - 12 feet (for drive way) which avoids ventilation problem.
    5. No Wall Sharing for Left corner and Right Corner Flats.
    6. All the flats close to this apartment are constructed with Stilt + 2 floors, thats why I am planning to book A flat in 3rd floor by considering there would be more open space for 3 side which leads to very good ventilation.
    7. About Builder - Directly inspected their model flats (both Unconsrtuction and completed) - Meets Good Quality

Question:
    1. Only constraint I have is that, the main door facing south. For this A flat, We dont have any open space to Air. we have only opposite flat main door infront of our main door. Also, as per my Birth sign & Nakshathra, MAIN DOOR FACING WEST should be avoided. Rest of the directions are fine. But I am still under confusion. Do I need to worry about this Main door South facing ? Please explain in detail.

2. This project is just started, so if there are any additional modification needs to be done for flat. Please let me know. I planning to remove the toilet which is in east side (near kitchen), since 2 is enough and thought of making Kitchen with dinning. Is this Fine ? or let me know your suggestions ?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
    ALLISWELL :)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Amazing!

Came across this thread while reading vastu related material.
    Hmm ! Real acres is doing such a wonderful and consistent job of helping members to sort out vastu related questions. Can't shy away from appreciating him.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dild2001
    thanks a lot !!! I had the same feelings from reading your posts ... but was not sure.

It will be great if you could create a "vaastu guide for dummies" for noobies like us ... so that we can do preliminary checks - before we bother you. You have already shared a whole lot of knowledge through the multiple posts.

thanks again

You're welcome.
    What you said is in my mind & I shall be coming up with something like, "Universal Vaastu Tips", which can be used by anyone, anywhere. These will be more of tips which will enhance positive energy in the property. This list will be quite long one but immensely useful for all. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realambit
    Came across this thread while reading vastu related material.
    Hmm ! Real acres is doing such a wonderful and consistent job of helping members to sort out vastu related questions. Can't shy away from appreciating him.

Thank you very much for the kind words man. :) I just do this as I don't want anyone else to suffer the way I did because of pathetic Vaastu in my childhood days.

All,

I am back in India & will reply to all your queries shortly.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Realacres

Hi Real,

I am really fascinated by the amount of knowledge that you have in this subject. i am about to finalise a property and would be provided an option to choose from a lot. For this reason, I needed your help and wanted to speak to you/mail you.

I am not sure on how do I get in touch with you.

Please revert!
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Realacres, Please find the plan and the location of my flat in west bengal that I had purchased around 4 yars back for my parents; though I dont stay there but have kept it for my parents i.e. whenever they are in there, they stay there. This is one property very dear to my heart. could you please help me with the Vastu compliance of the same and whethher it is good or not or do I need to carry out any moduifications therein? your guidance will do a world of good to my plan to either keep it or to sell it.
    This flat is on the 1st floor and I have my parking just below my flat on stilt and there are no flats on the ground floor.
    Thanks & regards, Novice
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by komaltanna
    Hello,

We are considering purchasing this flat. There is a cut in the south east part of the house. However, the master bedroom is in the south west. There are no bedrooms in the north and north-east. The kitchen is in the south east corner of the house.

Is it alright as per vaastu?
    If not, what are the implications? Remedies?

Thank you

In the floor plan, most of the things are good. The pooja room in NE is great. :)
    The only issue is cut or rather complete absence of SE of the flat. The entrance door too goes behind the adjoining wall of the flat, in this case bedroom 2. Having said this, as it seems that the floor plan is not as per scale, what I would suggest to you is do simple exercise :-

> Divide the south wall from kitchen to m.bed in 9 equal parts. Then number it 1-9 from SE to SW i.e. from right to left (ya, its reverse here). If the entrance door comes in 4th house, let me know, I will tell you how to proceed, if not drop the plan coz when it comes to South facing house, it has to be in 4th house from SE.

Having said this, as you have not yet purchased the flat, it will be better to scout for better properties than this one. If possible, upload atleast 2-3 flats so that you will be getting more options & will also help me in suggesting whichever is better one. Ofcourse, if I find all are bad, then all will be rejected coz I don't want anyone to play with their own & near & dear one's lives. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ajawar
    Hello RA,

Thanks for the reply. I have already put this apartment for resale through real estate agents. Can you please tell me if the kitchen is giving financial problems then will this flat sell while I am staying in this house. Or it is advisable to move out on rent elsewhere first and then there is better prospect of selling this flat?

Thanks again.

Yes that kitchen location is indeed very bad. Add to it that the entire house is in sub-direction, the balance also gets disturbed. Some may observe this within few weeks, for some it may take couple of years, based on the overall intensity of the Vaastu.

If possible, it is always better to shift out of such house, irrespective of anything. The moment you shift out, you will experience positive changes, ofcourse if the other house where you shift is good as per Vastu. However, the ill-effects of current house won't disappear as long as the house is in your name.

Even practically, it is better to shift out coz you need not face prospective buyers face to face, nor get disturbed even if agent comes at odd hours. Staying in the house will again bombard you with questions as to why you want to sell it. When you go on rent elsewhere, it can be avoided & if you want, you can always rent in nearby place also & then say it is convenient to keep an eye on the flat.

Now just ensure to shift in good Vastu (atleast major flaws shouldn't be there, when you again enter the market to buy, we will discuss minor things as well).

Very useful tip for you :-

Place Hanuman/Maruti Yantra in SE part of the flat. This will help flat getting sold quickly. Ofcourse, you can first put flat on sale, see the response & if you aren't getting buyers, you can use the tip.
    God bless & all the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vinst1
    s.no 4 is partly done (wall painted cream ).
    6 and 7 are being done with crystal salt. I could not make sure that crystal salt (comes in 1kg packs around here) is sea salt. Kindly confirm.
    thanks,

Good to see you are taking steps to improve the life using nature's forces. :)
    The raw salt is nothing but salt in its pure form (not iodized one like Tata salt). Such salt is available at local kiraana shop for INR 5-6/kg. It looks like this :-

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ALLISWELL777

Question:

No need to buy this flat. Reason is at the end of the post below.

Its good that you remove this toilet adjoining kitchen wall. Having said this, first let me know what is there in the flat above you ? Is there bath/toi there also or any changes ? As you said it is penthouse, many times, floor plan changes. First confirm this. However, if there is toilet above this, then it is better not to having dining here as the bad energy flowing from toilet above will be passing from here only. Ofcourse, you have other option which is making this a utility terrace for washing utensils, clothes & make what is mentioned as 'service' area adjoining the kitchen as store room.

Thanks in Advance

ALLISWELL,

Your case reminded me of that proverb (forgot exact sentence, my bad) but it means, kid on your shoulder & you searching for that kid in entire village. :D

In this case, there is another flat at extreme end of the floor plan in adjoining building. (see the Southern most flat in layout). This is much better coz it has North facing flat with internal more or less the same except minor shifting of bath/toi a bit & terrace goes towards South (though this is not as good as being in North as in current flat, simple remedies can be used & main entrance direction is more important than terrace location).

I would therefore recommend you looking at the flat as said here. Best part is you remain in the same project, although the view from flat will be different.
    It will be best if you can put enlarge floor plan like you did here for the flat I am talking about in adjoining building.

All the best, alliswell. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by novice in RE
    Hi Realacres, Please find the plan and the location of my flat in west bengal that I had purchased around 4 yars back for my parents; though I dont stay there but have kept it for my parents i.e. whenever they are in there, they stay there. This is one property very dear to my heart. could you please help me with the Vastu compliance of the same and whethher it is good or not or do I need to carry out any moduifications therein? your guidance will do a world of good to my plan to either keep it or to sell it.
    This flat is on the 1st floor and I have my parking just below my flat on stilt and there are no flats on the ground floor.
    Thanks & regards, Novice

The flat which you have shown is good considering the deviation from main direction is not more than 10 degrees & that in such case, entrance door is in East facing. In this case, the flat is good & nothing to worry about. However, if the angle of deviation is large (the flat is not aligned with main directions from floor plan you have uploaded, but don't know the angle), let me know how large it is. We can do some remedies, if possible.
    CommentQuote
  • realacres : Need vastu advice

please advise for attached flat for one of my relative..
    i have attached building layout too. have shortlisted two flats in wing D & G(based on the learnings i had from this forum) both have identical vastu but one is corner flat open from west and south. personally i like this flat in building G, but not sure of corner flat vastu.
    thanks.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote