Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Not to be a bummer here with all the good work being done by the vaastu experts, however one cannot stop wondering if this concept is another self thought solution in this new age wherein we use this for buying a house, change the structure of house, selling house and almost everything.

Does this play such a big factor to survive in life or are we getting too involved in this by ignoring the logical reasons for a failure or for that matter logical steps to take to succeeed. The reason being, while it can be argued that this technique has been around for sometime, I am not sure if all our ancestors had the priviledge to implement this and at the same time they have been decently successful.
    CommentQuote
  • Vaastu

Originally Posted by rsrsin
    Not to be a bummer here with all the good work being done by the vaastu experts, however one cannot stop wondering if this concept is another self thought solution in this new age wherein we use this for buying a house, change the structure of house, selling house and almost everything.

Does this play such a big factor to survive in life or are we getting too involved in this by ignoring the logical reasons for a failure or for that matter logical steps to take to succeeed. The reason being, while it can be argued that this technique has been around for sometime, I am not sure if all our ancestors had the priviledge to implement this and at the same time they have been decently successful.

Vaastu is an ancient doctrine which basically suggests how to live in harmony with nature.Five basic elements of Nature:EARTH (Bhumi),WATER (Jal),AIR (Vayu),FIRE (Agni) and space(Akasha) have a constant and invisible relationship between each other..
    Desinging dwelling s which balance these natural factors gives harmony and beneficial effects to people.
    There is no harm trying to adopt these principles.
    Following Vaastu can help you achieve success and prosperity.
    An ill designed house can generate negative energy and be a stumbling block to your plans.
    This science is complete in itself.
    Happiness to the whole world it can bring
    All the four benefits it bestows on you
    Rightful living, money, fulfillment of desires and bliss
    Are all available in this world itself
    ~
    Viswakarmain Vaastushastra
    This quotation says it all.
    Personally I believe in Vaastu and try to accomodate the basic fundamentals of Vaastu in my dwelling,also realsing that flat life may not permit you to follow every aspect of Vaastu.
    Finally it is a question of individual belief.Logic cannot explain all happenings in life.
    CommentQuote
  • to rsrsin

Originally Posted by rsrsin
    Not to be a bummer here with all the good work being done by the vaastu experts, however one cannot stop wondering if this concept is another self thought solution in this new age wherein we use this for buying a house, change the structure of house, selling house and almost everything.

you may be right that it looks that we are dependent on vastu for all the problem's solution. but i would say in order to live a peaceful and prosperous life we have to follow some basic rules laid by nature. it would be surprising to know that any average vastu expert can easily identify how people staying in a house are performing in life by just having a glimpse of vastu.

for people like us who are staying in flats it would be next to impossible to have 100% vastu compliance, but i would be satisfied to have some basic vastu parameters in place.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Yes that kitchen location is indeed very bad. Add to it that the entire house is in sub-direction, the balance also gets disturbed. Some may observe this within few weeks, for some it may take couple of years, based on the overall intensity of the Vaastu.

If possible, it is always better to shift out of such house, irrespective of anything. The moment you shift out, you will experience positive changes, ofcourse if the other house where you shift is good as per Vastu. However, the ill-effects of current house won't disappear as long as the house is in your name.

Even practically, it is better to shift out coz you need not face prospective buyers face to face, nor get disturbed even if agent comes at odd hours. Staying in the house will again bombard you with questions as to why you want to sell it. When you go on rent elsewhere, it can be avoided & if you want, you can always rent in nearby place also & then say it is convenient to keep an eye on the flat.

Now just ensure to shift in good Vastu (atleast major flaws shouldn't be there, when you again enter the market to buy, we will discuss minor things as well).

Very useful tip for you :-

Place Hanuman/Maruti Yantra in SE part of the flat. This will help flat getting sold quickly. Ofcourse, you can first put flat on sale, see the response & if you aren't getting buyers, you can use the tip.
    God bless & all the best. :)

what happens if ill-effect house owner is no more? who will be affected in such a situation?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realambit
    please advise for attached flat for one of my relative..
    i have attached building layout too. have shortlisted two flats in wing D & G(based on the learnings i had from this forum) both have identical vastu but one is corner flat open from west and south. personally i like this flat in building G, but not sure of corner flat vastu.
    thanks.

dear RA, awaiting for your help. pls provide your views.
    CommentQuote
    please advise for attached flat for one of my relative..
    i have attached building layout too. have shortlisted two flats in wing D & G(based on the learnings i had from this forum) both have identical vastu but one is corner flat open from west and south. personally i like this flat in building G, but not sure of corner flat vastu.
    thanks.

It is good to have less openings in South, however, it doesn't mean to share common wall with adjoining flat. It is best to have no common walls at all, hence there is absolutely no issue for you going for corner flat. Infact, such flats are good as it gives better air ventilation & better light as well. So, you can surely buy corner flat or rather one should try to buy corner flat. In this case, what you can just do is put mirror films on windows of south wall, this will cut UV rays & reduce harsh sunrays of afternoon entering the flat. These UV rays are not good for human skins & tissues. Also you can go for brown colored thick curtain on South & West windows, which you can use when sunlight is harsh. Simple solution, isn't it ? :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    Vaastu is an ancient doctrine which basically suggests how to live in harmony with nature.Five basic elements of Nature:EARTH (Bhumi),WATER (Jal),AIR (Vayu),FIRE (Agni) and space(Akasha) have a constant and invisible relationship between each other..
    Desinging dwelling s which balance these natural factors gives harmony and beneficial effects to people.
    There is no harm trying to adopt these principles.
    Following Vaastu can help you achieve success and prosperity.
    An ill designed house can generate negative energy and be a stumbling block to your plans.
    This science is complete in itself.
    Happiness to the whole world it can bring
    All the four benefits it bestows on you
    Rightful living, money, fulfillment of desires and bliss
    Are all available in this world itself
    ~
    Viswakarmain Vaastushastra
    This quotation says it all.
    Personally I believe in Vaastu and try to accomodate the basic fundamentals of Vaastu in my dwelling,also realsing that flat life may not permit you to follow every aspect of Vaastu.
    Finally it is a question of individual belief.Logic cannot explain all happenings in life.

+10000000.

I completely believe in whatever you have said, first hand experience. I don't recommend anything to anyone here unless I see the results myself first. And at the end of the day, I see no harm in implementing Vastu guidelines, coz you are not going to loose anything, so why not try ? What you will gain is only good results for sure.
    CommentQuote
    what happens if ill-effect house owner is no more? who will be affected in such a situation?

If it is inherited by someone & property is transferred in their name, it will be them who will suffer. But if property isn't transfered in anybody's name, then only the person who will stay in that property will suffer. I know some properties where owner dies within an year or so after property gets transferred. This happened to 5 persons in a row & that property is now 'Lawaris' as no one wants to have it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    It is good to have less openings in South, however, it doesn't mean to share common wall with adjoining flat. It is best to have no common walls at all, hence there is absolutely no issue for you going for corner flat. Infact, such flats are good as it gives better air ventilation & better light as well. So, you can surely buy corner flat or rather one should try to buy corner flat. In this case, what you can just do is put mirror films on windows of south wall, this will cut UV rays & reduce harsh sunrays of afternoon entering the flat. These UV rays are not good for human skins & tissues. Also you can go for brown colored thick curtain on South & West windows, which you can use when sunlight is harsh. Simple solution, isn't it ? :)

Thanks ra, but which flat's vastu is the best? G or H.
    CommentQuote
  • Can you please check the vaastu for attached files

Can you please check the attached files and tell side flat is better to buy as per vastu

Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
    Thanks ra, but which flat's vastu is the best? G or H.

The one which has 2 side open, including South open can be opted.
    Now someone will ask, isn't South closed better ? Yes, it is but when that wall shares common wall with other flat, it isn't. Having less or ideally no common walls is best as per Vaastu.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Puneflat26
    Can you please check the attached files and tell side flat is better to buy as per vastu

Thanks in advance

I have seen all the 4 flats in both the files attached carefully & concluded that not a single flat here is even 50% good as per Vaastu. I would hence recommend you to avoid buying any of the flats here.
    Search for better flat, you will surely find one.
    All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Sir

Hello Sir,

My Apartment Nort East is Cut (indicated as number 1 in the attachment) because there is Duct.
    Apartment is in the top floor and we can see the sky from the place indicated 3 indicated in attachment, thru the ventilator/window.
    At the place indicated as 2 , there is an Indian style Toiled. As it is in the North East area, we are not using it. We are using only Bath there.

Problem is regarding the Cut in North East area which is a Duct enclosed by 4 flats/apartments, and is open so that we are able to see the sky from inside the house and sun rays fall in the place indicated 3 in the morning.

My question is, whether we should consider that NE corner is cut or Not cut.
    And in the place indicated 3, how to place the mirrors to nullify effect of the cut. Please advise.
    Near place 4, stove and sink(with tap) are near by. Please suggest/advise.

Regards
    Mahesh

Originally Posted by realambit
    dear RA, awaiting for your help. pls provide your views.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Realacres, Please check attached plan. Let me know about flat number 107 and 108. which one is better. thanks

i am preferring flat no. 107 as door is North east. however opening balcony and windows are towards south.

Master Bed is slightly towards southwest. Kitchen platform can arrange towards east. Northwest is cut .However in flat no. 108 southwest is cut so i am preferring 107. Please advise your views.

Please check attached image. you can view it with paint to see more clearly. thanks again
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by maheshg007
    Hello Sir,

My Apartment Nort East is Cut (indicated as number 1 in the attachment) because there is Duct.

Yes, small cut is there. you can place a full size mirror on east wall of utility. Also better to color the utility in cream or yellow color.

At the place indicated as 2 , there is an Indian style Toiled. As it is in the North East area, we are not using it. We are using only Bath there.

Ideally, don't use it even for bathing. The NE is most sensitive area of the house & should be kept open & light as much as possible. Best you keep raw sea salt in a bowl here & replace it every 15 days. Same should be done in case of the bath/toi in North.

Near place 4, stove and sink(with tap) are near by. Please suggest/advise.

As seen in floor plan, the kitchen is in SE which is excellent. The sink is in SE part of kitchen & you said stove is near to it. In this case, keep some soil in earthen pot between stove & sink. Also place a sphatik stone (quartz) on the kitchen platform to reduce the impact. Also face East while cooking.

Apart from this, what I see is your entrance is in SE, South facing. Just do the following :-

> Place 4x4 inch silver swastika on teakwood base above the door frame of the entrance door from outside,

> Place 2 blocks of chandan/sandalwood at the end of dehleez/chaukhat of the entrance door,

> A toran red in color should be placed on the entrance door from outside & ensure no pics or statues of gods are placed on the door &/or above the door from outside.

Also, having a rudraksha mala on entrance door will help reduce lot of Vastudosha in the house. And yes, sleep with your head towards South.
    CommentQuote