Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1784 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by marck11
    Hi RE,

I have been reading your posts and they are interesting.

Can you please analyze the attached plan and let me know your opinion ?

Also, if the house has doshams like North-East cuts and South-west cuts, is it OK to own them and not live there ? like renting it or not using it ?

The plan below shows only West, based on which the entrance of the house is East facing & in NE part, which is very good (I hope the directions are exactly the main directions). Overall, the flat is very good & can be purchased.

As far as ownership of flat which has severe defect in NE, SW is concerned, well if you own such property but don't stay in it, still it will harm you but 70%. It is therefore recommended to sell off such properties, no matter you stay there or not.

This is more like says kids, whether they stay with you or away, they still will affect you. Same is the case with Vaastu.
    CommentQuote
  • Need suggestions for Mkt map

Hi,
    Attached is a map of a market which we are going to build soon, is it as per vastu or not?

For direction - Ground floor is written on the east side..

Thanks
    Alok
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Each & every flat mentioned has toilet in N-NE. It is therefore best to reject all of them.

Thanks a lot RA sir,seems it is difficult to find a flat with vaastu these days.
    These two projects aratt firenza and mahendra aarna which i have selected,you have rejected because of vaastu.
    Anyhow it is good this way rather than damage control.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punebuys
    Hi Real,

Can you help me if the attached floor plan is in accordance with Vaastu?

The entrance of door is North facing in NW, which isn't very good but not extremely bad either, but better to be avoided. The kitchen location is improper, while major culprit in all this is a common bath/toi which comes in Brahmasthan to considerable extent. Having another 2nd major bedroom in SE makes it useless to sleep. Ofcourse, there are remedies for that but when we have choice, why first buy improper & then opt for remedial measures that too which can't completely eliminate the problem ? The good part in the flat is having one bedroom in SW, while there is terrace in NE (but small cut also exists, which is bad). Overall, the layout is not very inspiring & it is better to avoid this flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punebuys
    hi realacres; please help & guide

floor plan is in #814

In a post on 19-06-12 #355 Page 36 in reply to Terrifficm realacres; mentioned -
    Yes, but actually there is a balcony in NE, which is good (keep tulsi plant here & lit incense stick in front of it daily) & another one in SW, which should be made heavy by putting plants, especially palms.

So in my plan there is a cut in the NE direction, but there is a balcony so this is confusing me. I have limited knowlede and would like help please. :)

I know kitchen is not in the best place but how to explain the same to builder ;)

What percentage is it Vaastu ?

realacres; the property is megapolis splendour A21

Thanks.

The above mentioned tips which I have given are sort of universal tips & works to reduce the bad impact due to Vaastu defects or Vaastu doshas. Having said this, doing these things help you increase the positive vibrations in house but can't eliminate the negative vibes permanently.

Remedies in Vaastu is more like spraying room freshener where some mouse is dead & is smelling bad. Now how long will you keep spraying room freshener ? The solution lies in throwing the dead mouse out. Similarly in Vastu, the permanent solution is to structurally change the house but if issue is with land or is a flat, then it is best to change the house. Some think this to be harsh but it is worth coz the quality of life which you & your near & dear ones live is more important than the house itself.

I know atleast 8+ family's who have shifted out of their houses & are doing well in their lives now, be it health, education, money etc. Hard work is necessary, but good Vaastu helps you boost the results, just like bad Vaastu drags you down.

At the end of the day, it's your call to decide what to do. All the best man. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anitapal
    Realacresji,

What do you think of the following apartment? We plan to rent leading to purchase. Thank you for your help.

Anitapal

Toilet in NW, in SW, in SE & even in NE in Northern portion. This is sufficient to reject it outright. Don't buy even if builder gives the flat for free & even offers money above it !!
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

please suggest the remedies for the attached flat.

Master bedroom in NW
    Toilet in Brahmastana

Also where to put the mirrors in NE and in Bathroom.
    Please suggest the position for Dining table and TV

Thanks

Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by don karnage
    Sorry if I may sound rude but is this not superstitions. We live in 21st century, where we have ICBMs and satellites and we are talking about kitchen in NE!! Seriously???

God save this country!

Superstitious ?? :D
    In 2013, has direction of sunrise, sunset changed ?
    Has UV rays, infrared from sunlight changed ?
    Has the direction of earth axis changed ?
    Has magnetic force from North-South changed ?
    Geopathic stress, radiations, magnetic field continue to remain same.
    In physics, NE is most delicate direction, find out why.

Man, what's superstitious in it ? And you boast about 2013, just ask anyone to make 'blood' !! When 21st century can't even make something as important as blood, forget rest of the things man. These things starts where logical brain stops working.

Originally Posted by marck11
    Well, the satellites of 2013 can't find a way to build a non-rusting Iron pillar rite ? Just because we live in 2013 doesn't mean we can dismiss something that is in Indian tradition because it is not accepted by the west..

+1000000
    Ever wondered why India was so powerful & rich earlier & not now ??
    Ancient cities, structures were built as per Vaastushastra norms, hence the reason.
    Tirupati Balaji temple is as per Vaastu norms, it's richest religious place in the world.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by alok80
    Hi,
    Attached is a map of a market which we are going to build soon, is it as per vastu or not?
    Thanks
    Alok

Alok,
    Can't see the directions.
    Please mention them to give precise answers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rameshh
    Thanks a lot RA sir,seems it is difficult to find a flat with vaastu these days.
    These two projects aratt firenza and mahendra aarna which i have selected,you have rejected because of vaastu.
    Anyhow it is good this way rather than damage control.

+1. Very true.
    It is sometimes hard to let go some flat liked by you because of Vaastu but it is worth in long term as the benefits of having good Vaastu are for life. Remember, 2/3rd or over 66% of your life is decided by the Vaastu in which you stay. Compromise with anything but not with Vaastu while buying any property, be it residential, commercial or industrial.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Narrey
    Hi RA,

please suggest the remedies for the attached flat.

Master bedroom in NW
    Toilet in Brahmastana

Also where to put the mirrors in NE and in Bathroom.
    Please suggest the position for Dining table and TV

Thanks

Frankly speaking, the issues in the flat are so grave that it is best to change the flat itself.
    I could have told some remedies for m.bed in NW but toilet in Brahmasthan & kitchen in SW has no remedies. The only good thing in house are pooja room in NE & entrance door in East.

Overall, it is best to sell this flat ASAP & shift elsewhere. Infact, I would say, first leave the flat, go & take other good flat on rent, sell this off & buy another flat. The sooner you do the better. You may feel bit scared but if you are staying in this flat for atleast an year, I can tell you the problems which you are facing :-

> Stability problem in terms of decision making & financial opportunities,
    > loss of opportunities be it job, promotion, raise etc.,
    > Loosing out credit for work you do,
    > Lower body problems, mostly abdominal areas,
    > Insecurity feeling in mind related to work &/or about some family member.

Is this true ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Alok,
    Can't see the directions.
    Please mention them to give precise answers.

"Ground floor" is written on East direction in the picture.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot RA, I will vacate asap-

Could you please tell me some remedies If
    1. the kitchen is in NW or NE.
    2. Master bedroom in SE or NW ( NE is not good at all, I read in ur earlier posts )

Also can u check this flat and suggest me please

Regards
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

Could you please give your opinion on the flat plan shown in picture. The angle between Vertical and North is about 25 deg.

The wall shown for TV in midst of Living room can be demolished.

regards,
    Vin
    CommentQuote
  • Hi realacres;

Thanks for your help and guidance. Can you suggest any flat that is good as per Vaastu, in Pune near Hinjewadi side.

I hope i am not asking for too much. :)
    CommentQuote