Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rameshh
    Ra sir,In reply to your comments some one who already bought here replied as below

//? if entrance is east or west or north, kitchen and bedroom should be south east and south west as per basic vasthu . if the south side is occupied with this two then where should be the toilet ? by the way i dont see any toilet in the any corner . its in the mid of north side. in apartments you cannot have the toilet in the mid of the hall.

where should be the toilet than ? east or west ? both the sides you get morning and evening sunlight and ventilation and both the sides should be opened with wider windows . that should be my preference .//

Can you please review his comments

> The toilets has to be in NW-W followed by South. No matter then what the entrance is. You need to consider both the things in mind.

> The toilets has to be in West as issue is not sunlight but properties of sunlight. In morning, sunlight has infrared while in evening sunlight has high content of UV rays. The UV rays are essential in killing germs & bacteria in toilets & hence it is mentioned to have them in West.

Hope this clears the doubts. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dlagarwal
    Dear Realacres,

Could you please advice onthe VAstu of the image attached. And also the Flat next to it.
    We intend to merge to flats.

Thanks and Regards
    Deepak

Here only 1 flat detailed fig. is given. Considering you merge 2 flats, other being mirror image of this, it would lead to biggest Vaastu flaw which is toilet in NE of combined flat. Such thing should not be purchase even if you get it for free.

As far as this flat is concerned, the entrance is good but there is toilet in North & SE; kitchen is in West & brahmasthan & these factors are sufficient to reject this flat even on individual basis.

Always remember, there is no remedy is major issues are in NE-Brahmasthan-SW axis, also called as Energy Axis.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by evasnis
    How can we determine facing , entering into house or coming out from main door,

pls guide if we have balacony in North and while coming out from flat is east and entering into house is west..

vsneha2007 has correctly replied.
    The direction is the one which we face while coming out. It is entrance door direction which means direction towards which the door faces.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by alok80
    Hi realacres,

Please provide your findiings and suggestions for attached map. it for a market. and have parking on first floor.

Thanks
    Alok

Prima facie it looks good. Just ensure the staircase to have clock-wise steps, i.e. while climbing up, we should go from left towards right. In your case, its anti-clockwise. The direction of staircase is perfect. However, something need lot of details. One important aspect is to have over-head water tank in SW part of building, just don't have it exactly at the corner. If you are going to have borewell or underground tank, it has to be in NE part of the plot. And the building should be more towards in SW part of plot, while NE should be as much open as possible. The compound wall has to be tallest & thickest in SW than in NE. Ensure South wall height is atleast 1.5 ft more than North & East compound walls.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Prima facie it looks good. Just ensure the staircase to have clock-wise steps, i.e. while climbing up, we should go from left towards right. In your case, its anti-clockwise. The direction of staircase is perfect. However, something need lot of details. One important aspect is to have over-head water tank in SW part of building, just don't have it exactly at the corner. If you are going to have borewell or underground tank, it has to be in NE part of the plot. And the building should be more towards in SW part of plot, while NE should be as much open as possible. The compound wall has to be tallest & thickest in SW than in NE. Ensure South wall height is atleast 1.5 ft more than North & East compound walls.

Hi,
    Thanks so much for your valuable suggestion,

yes, regarding Staircase, however in map its showing anticlockwise but we are changing it to clockwise. borewell is already on NE (Round shape on the map behind first NE corner shop).

"building should be more towards in SW part of plot" does it means SW should be heavy,?? we have store in that corner, and NE has big shops.

I was not aware about wall height thing.. I will make sure we do that as well.

Thanks again for your valuable inputs.
    Alok
    CommentQuote
    vsneha2007 has correctly replied.
    The direction is the one which we face while coming out. It is entrance door direction which means direction towards which the door faces.

Thanks ,

Could you pls suggest , is it good unit in terms of Vaastu...

enternace east facing , Kitchen , MR , Balacony towards in NE direction...
    CommentQuote
    Here only 1 flat detailed fig. is given. Considering you merge 2 flats, other being mirror image of this, it would lead to biggest Vaastu flaw which is toilet in NE of combined flat. Such thing should not be purchase even if you get it for free.

As far as this flat is concerned, the entrance is good but there is toilet in North & SE; kitchen is in West & brahmasthan & these factors are sufficient to reject this flat even on individual basis.

Always remember, there is no remedy is major issues are in NE-Brahmasthan-SW axis, also called as Energy Axis.

Thanks Real acres
    CommentQuote
    The deviation of 25 degs is not good to be frank. But if you have purchased it already do the following :-

> The main door has to be of light cream/off white color,

> The bath/toi in North side should be used only for bathing. Remove EWC from here altogether. Keep raw sea salt in plastic bowl here & replace it every 15 days,

> Place a plywood on kitchen wall which shares its wall with toi/bath,

> Place a 4x4 inch silver swastika on teak wood frame above main entrance door,

> Use rudrakshamala in toran on main entrance door, this helps in reducing some of Vaastu doshas in the house, as far as possible, the toran has to be yellow in color in your case,

> Place palm trees in earthen pot in balcony attached to M.bed in SW.

This would be fine for now. :)

Dear RA,
    Thanks for your advice.
    However, I need to make a correction in the angle which I told as 25 deg. It is actually 12-15 deg which i measured with more than one reference walls. sorry for this.

does your diagnosis change with new angle between North and vertical?
    CommentQuote
    In your case, I will suggest flat no.1, the one which is on left.
    Just ensure you use BR1 as Master bedroom & place a tulsi plant in the balcony. Preferably in NE, North or East of balcony. But do keep it away from toi/bath of NW/attached to BR2.
    Hope this helps. :)

Thanks RA for ur valuable comments!
    How much is Flat No 2 is Vastu compliant in %age; if I go for No2?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA

I need your help here. A snap attached of 3BHK. I per my scrimpy knowledge 60% ok Vastu POV.

Kindly provide your expert view on the same. Shall I go with this one?

if any problem Vstu POV; kindly suggest the remedy; too.

THANKS in Adv.
    V Sneha
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vsneha2007
    Its a East facing Entry!

Thanks Vsneha and RA ,

Same thing is applicable to balcony and BR , we need to evaluate door facing while going out ... Lets say while i stand in my balacony its toward North but door is facing toward south , it shud consider south facing or North facing ....
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Vsneha and RA ,

Same thing is applicable to balcony and BR , we need to evaluate door facing while going out ... Lets say while i stand in my balacony its toward North but door is facing toward south , it shud consider south facing or North facing for balacony and BR....

Originally Posted by evasnis
    Thanks ,

Could you pls suggest , is it good unit in terms of Vaastu...

enternace east facing , Kitchen , MR , Balacony towards in NE direction...
    CommentQuote
  • Your Ideas

Hi RA and other experts,

Please have a look at the attached plan and let me know your opinions..

Thanks in Advance..
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • I recently bought this house. The energy inside is good and peaceful, as a nice family lived there for many years.

My worry is, after reading this forum, that it is 30 degrees tilted from the main direction. The streets in my village are built in this angle.

Could you please suggest if this place suitable for happy living? How can I make it better?

It requires remodeling , so most changes are possible, but can't rotate the house

Which place would be good to have stairs , going up to the first floor (loft)?

Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    For East facing door in SE, do the following :-

> The main door should be dark red/maroon in color,

> Put 4x4 silver swastika on teakwood above the entrance door,

> Permanently place 2 chandan blocks (1 at each end) of the dehleez/chaukhat of the door. Ensure they are cleaned daily.

For SW toilet :-

> Use it as much less as possible, place raw sea salt in plastic bowl & replace salt after 15 days (universal solution),

> As far as possible, use the tiles in bathroom of brown color, the color of bedroom should also be in shades of brown only, & keep the door of the bathroom closed for as much time as possible,

> Making the south wall heaviest of bedroom here will greatly impact, have your wardrobes, bed here,

> The floor should be elevated compared to rest in SW room, so opt for wooden flooring which will increase the height of floor. The color of wooden flooring has to be mid-dark brown.

Now please note what I have said above will only reduce the bad impact, but not completely eliminate the issue. But surely it will help.

What you said is true & even I become with builder here. If you get good one according to Vaastu, don't bother even to pay premium. But indeed its sad state that builders here care least about Vaastu & that too when it hardly costs anything to have floor designed according to Vaastushastra. You in personal capacity, pick the best available & forget the rest.

Dear realacres,

Thanks for your input, I forgot to ask you about the complete NW cut.
    Could you please guide what can be done to reduce the effect??
    Again attaching the floor plan.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote