Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • This one please

Hi RA,

Can you and other experts throw your analysis here please for the attached plan?
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by alok80
    Hi,
    Thanks so much for your valuable suggestion,

yes, regarding Staircase, however in map its showing anticlockwise but we are changing it to clockwise. borewell is already on NE (Round shape on the map behind first NE corner shop).

Good. Add to it that septic tank, if any has to be in NW & the tank has to be circular in shape. You get big pipes, which can be used for the same.

"building should be more towards in SW part of plot" does it means SW should be heavy,??

Not only SW should be heavy but it should have least open space in entire plot. The height of plot & structure here should be max in entire plot.

we have store in that corner, and NE has big shops.

Good that you have store there. Avoid basement in entire project including for parking purpose. And parking area should be preferably in NW of plot, second option is SE.
    Transformer, meter room, generator etc. has to be in SE of plot &/or building.

I was not aware about wall height thing.. I will make sure we do that as well.

Good. And don't put glass or anything sharp on walls. It is bad. You can ofcourse have grilles or bars on compound wall if required. Also, don't have any windows in compound wall. Remember, while walking from outside, nothing of inside should be directly visible.

Thanks again for your valuable inputs.
    Alok

You're welcome man & if you have any further queries, feel free to write in.

Some tips for you :-

> Advice good mahurat from good pundit before starting the work,
    > Perform pooja (pundit will tell) for those plants, shrubs etc. which had to be removed from the plot,
    > After plinth is done & first column erected, there is pooja for columns too.

And here is most important one :-

Once land levelling, compound wall is built, sprinkle 'gau-mutra' across the plot alongwith rose water.

And when you look for landscaping, have water body like fountain in NE.

** Start excavation work from NE & end at SW, while construction should start from SW & end at NE.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by evasnis
    Thanks ,

Could you pls suggest , is it good unit in terms of Vaastu...

enternace east facing , Kitchen , MR , Balacony towards in NE direction...

Entrance east facing in NE-East part of property, balcony in NE is very good.
    Kitchen, M.bedroom in NE is very bad.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vinst1
    Dear RA,
    Thanks for your advice.
    However, I need to make a correction in the angle which I told as 25 deg. It is actually 12-15 deg which i measured with more than one reference walls. sorry for this.

does your diagnosis change with new angle between North and vertical?

I had made rectangles in 9 parts to get more details & already had assumed +-5 degrees in calculation. Lesser the deviation in angle is better. And the remedies which I said above remain the same. You can proceed with it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vsneha2007
    Thanks RA for ur valuable comments!
    How much is Flat No 2 is Vastu compliant in %age; if I go for No2?

Kitchen in SW, entrance in SE & toilets in N-NE are big no-no. Avoid buying this even if builder offers for free.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vsneha2007
    Dear RA

I need your help here. A snap attached of 3BHK. I per my scrimpy knowledge 60% ok Vastu POV.

Kindly provide your expert view on the same. Shall I go with this one?

if any problem Vstu POV; kindly suggest the remedy; too.

THANKS in Adv.
    V Sneha

Toilet in NE, kitchen in SW. Entire energy axis is dead.
    Avoid it at all costs.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Toilet in NE, kitchen in SW. Entire energy axis is dead.
    Avoid it at all costs.

hi real acers ji

throw your analysis here please for the attached plan?

Thanks in advance
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by evasnis
    Thanks Vsneha and RA ,

Same thing is applicable to balcony and BR , we need to evaluate door facing while going out ... Lets say while i stand in my balacony its toward North but door is facing toward south , it shud consider south facing or North facing ....

It's simple man, take the floor plan & mark North on it. Divide it in 9 equal parts & accordingly, you get South, East & West & ofcourse, the subdirections of NE, NW, SE & SW. Align the floor plan with the directions, & you are done.

You can compare your flat with image below for easy illustration :-

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by marck11
    Hi RA and other experts,

Please have a look at the attached plan and let me know your opinions..

Thanks in Advance..

The 2 issues here are :-

Entrance in NW, not major one though &
    Pooja near toilets & in wrong area of flat. There is cut in NW but can be lived with with minor remedies.

The good part is location of M.bed, kitchen, NE has balcony & brahmasthan is open. If we look at overall flat, the entrance issue in NW is not of major concern.

So, you can well buy this flat, just ensure the following :-

> Have a copper swasticka installed above the entrance door in 4x4 inches size,

> The main door has to be white in colour, & have white colored toran on the door,

> A spot light (say LED down-lighting) on your entrance door from outside in pure white color is recommended, as it is entrance door irrespective of direction should be illuminated in evening,

> The walls in living room has to be white in color,

> Have plywood on wall of kitchen which shares wall with toilet,

> The pooja room needs to be shifted from as shown in floor plan to that in C.bedroom in NE part, in such a way that you face East while facing god,

> Kitchen gas stove should be on East wall & not South,

> All the beds should be positioned in such a way that you sleep with head towards South. Bed position in C.bed is correct, have similar layout done for m.bed also,

> Have a tulsi plant in NE balcony.

If you do the above mentioned thing, it will be great. You can well proceed buying this flat. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by melsvai
    I recently bought this house. The energy inside is good and peaceful, as a nice family lived there for many years.

Every individual has his/her own 'Aura'. The place where they stay also gets affected with their Aura & Vaastu effect also affects their aura. Universal law. It is good that you yourself felt good here. :)

My worry is, after reading this forum, that it is 30 degrees tilted from the main direction. The streets in my village are built in this angle.

Why village, the adjoining city of Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad has all roads in subdirections, which means all plots are in similar fashion. Don't know why town planners can't even take this into consideration. :o
    Anyways, now that you have purchased, what needs to be seen if in given blocks, correct rooms are present or not. In your case, kitchen is S-SE, entrance is NE & bedroom in SW, albeit all in sub-direction. Even the bathroom is N-NW. Overall, had this house in proper directions, it would have been really good but despite being in sub-direction, location of rooms are correct within the area of the house, which is why you feel good & so did previous family.

The only thing which you can do to enhance house properties is by color therapy :-

> Having pure white in NW,
    > Brown & its shades in SW,
    > Reddish-Maroon in SE,
    > Yellow, golden, off-white, cream in NE & North.

On your entrance door, place 7 mukhi rudraksha in a yellow colored toran. This will help negate lot of bad effect. If you place gods in NE, it will be fantastic.
    Lighting chandan agarbatti daily & lobaan once a week will be great. Mop the floor with salt water atleast twice a week.

And if possible, place tulsi plant in NE, in your case, it can be in front of entrance door. But avoid it if proper sunlight is not there. Use 'rangoli' instead & make auspicious symbols using it.

The above mentioned remedies will help reduce the impact of house being in sub-direction.

Could you please suggest if this place suitable for happy living? How can I make it better?

The above mentioned tips will help you to make it better.

It requires remodeling , so most changes are possible, but can't rotate the house

Which place would be good to have stairs , going up to the first floor (loft)?

If you want to have stairs, have them in SW part of the house & they should be clockwise, i.e. while going up, you should go from left to right. And number of stairs should be such that if you put right leg first, you should end with right leg only. Avoid number of steps ending with 0 like 10,20,30....

Hope this helps. All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chetan86
    Dear realacres,

Thanks for your input, I forgot to ask you about the complete NW cut.
    Could you please guide what can be done to reduce the effect??
    Again attaching the floor plan.

For cut in NW, following things should be done to reduce impact :-

> The walls in North bedroom has to be white in color,

> Better if you place some white colored flower frame or have artificial flowers of white color in a vase which can be placed near the West walls of this bedroom. Ensure though that the flower has to be in pair especially since it falls in bedroom. So have picture with 2 white flowers or 2 artificial flowers (real flowers is best but dried one should not be kept, hence the other solution which is practical & cost effective).
    CommentQuote
    The 2 issues here are :-

Entrance in NW, not major one though &
    Pooja near toilets & in wrong area of flat. There is cut in NW but can be lived with with minor remedies.

The good part is location of M.bed, kitchen, NE has balcony & brahmasthan is open. If we look at overall flat, the entrance issue in NW is not of major concern.

So, you can well buy this flat, just ensure the following :-

> Have a copper swasticka installed above the entrance door in 4x4 inches size,

> The main door has to be white in colour, & have white colored toran on the door,

> A spot light (say LED down-lighting) on your entrance door from outside in pure white color is recommended, as it is entrance door irrespective of direction should be illuminated in evening,

> The walls in living room has to be white in color,

> Have plywood on wall of kitchen which shares wall with toilet,

> The pooja room needs to be shifted from as shown in floor plan to that in C.bedroom in NE part, in such a way that you face East while facing god,

> Kitchen gas stove should be on East wall & not South,

> All the beds should be positioned in such a way that you sleep with head towards South. Bed position in C.bed is correct, have similar layout done for m.bed also,

> Have a tulsi plant in NE balcony.

If you do the above mentioned thing, it will be great. You can well proceed buying this flat. :)

Thanks a lot for the quick comments RA.. Your tips are really helpful. Thanks for taking time to answer our queries..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by marck11
    Thanks a lot for the quick comments RA.. Your tips are really helpful. Thanks for taking time to answer our queries..

It's my pleasure man. Just implement these things without fail & see the positive aspects in your life. All the best. And if you have any more queries, feel free to write in. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhay
    hi real acers ji

throw your analysis here please for the attached plan?

Thanks in advance

As per your msg, the entrance door is East facing. This means the kitchen is in North-NE, while there is toilet in North. Both the reasons, more so the kitchen issue is serious & hence better to avoid this flat.
    CommentQuote
    It's my pleasure man. Just implement these things without fail & see the positive aspects in your life. All the best. And if you have any more queries, feel free to write in. :)

Thank you Sir..

Can you throw your opinion on the attached plan ?
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote