Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi RA,

Hope you are doing well. I have an option to choose from attached floors plans which are under construction. One is east facing (106) and other is north facing (105). Can you please advice if these are vaastu compliant and among two which one I should go for.

I particularly liked these plans because of balconies in east or north while at the same time having entrances in north or east.

Thanks in advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lanmai
    Hi Realacres,
    This is the floorplan that i am currently residing in for rent.can you please let me know the pros and cons of this.There are two bathrooms as indicated . As we are using CBR as pooja , we are not using the bathroom in that room. we ahve kept the wardrobe also empty there as it is NE.As we do not have any kids yet,we have put a bed in CBR and any guests sleep there but we all use the common bathroom only.The GBR(very small) kind of study room is a kind of store room for us and guests use the wardrobes in that room.Regarding kitchen, we have provision for cooking either facing west/south but not east. there is no platform put on the east wall. Can you please tell the alternative / remedy for this.
    We are planning to shift out in feb to a new home , but if the vastu is good and no issues,we are willing to stay back for some more time here as this is very near to the main road.

You have done many good things in this house, keep it up. For kitchen, you can keep the stove on West platform. The directions for stove on chrono sequence is :-
    1. East,
    2. West.

North & South stove should be totally avoided.

Having said that, even the common WC is not in good direction, though tad better than one in North. The entrance too is is SE part of the house, which isn't very good. Now though you are not using WC in North, the flow of bad energy continues due to the ones located above &/or below your flat.

Overall, due to some corrective measures done by you (the biggest one being proper positioning of NE), you need not shift out ASAP but surely it is better you shift in Feb. Just ensure, the new flat is better than this one, & you can put the new floor plan here, I will surely help.

Till then, just do these 2 things :-

> As said before in earlier posts, keep raw sea salt in both the bathrooms & replace it after every 15 days,

> Draw swastika symbol in red kumkum on the entrance door. You need to redraw it after it fades or gets rubbed away. Just avoid drawing this symbol on no moon & full moon days.

This will help you till then. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jaimika
    Dear RA,

THANKS for your kind Advice, but I have just shifted to this house from a Rented house with my family, & could not be possible to shift again & again at least for 6 month to 1 year. so I sincerly request you to kindly provide me some remedy, I forgot to tell you that I have applied some remedies by reading your advices to others in this forum.

1) Raw salt filled plastic bawls in bath & WC

2) Painted the windows on NE Wall with YELLOW Colour with yellow curtains & hanging crystal balls, so that rising sun rays comming into the house with seven colors passing through the crystal ball.

3) Painted my NW Door with silver colour from outside & fixing Toran of green & white shed with RUDRAKSH Hanging on the Toran. Toran having pic.of Loard ganesha on the center.

looking to the above please advice me can i stay in this house atleast for 1 year.

Thanks in advance.
    Rajnikant

Dear Rajnikant,

You have indeed done some really good measures to combat some probs due to Vastudoshas. One small correction is not to have Ganesha's picture from outside the door. God always has to be inside, it is better if you can remove that pic & have a seated Ganesha photo above the door from inside the house. Have a small wooden strip below it (you need not place photo on it but should look like a support as such photos should never be hanged without some support).

Apart from this, please do following :-

> Use salt to wipe the floor (you can add salt in water in bucket alongwith floor cleaner itself). Daily use is best but have it atleast twice a week,

> Lit a chandan agarbatti atleast once a day in house,

> You can place haldi-mala (mala of turmeric) North, NE or East of your house,

> Place ganga-jal in NE, North or East of the house,

> Have a tulasi plant in your house & place it on terrace except for in SW & SE direction, but it its not possible, sprinkle rose water alongwith couple of gaumutra drops in the house, including bath/wc atleast twice a week,

> Recite gayatri mantra 3, 11 or 21 times in morning. This will help improve your aura levels & you will gain more strength & energy which is being pulled down due to NE probs of house. Ofcourse, it is good if one recites it even when house is good as per Vaastu.

Doing the above will help you a lot & rest of the things have already been taken care of by you. Please note that above points will only reduce the impact of bad energies in Vaastu, not eliminate it but surely you will feel better within 2 weeks of doing this. Lastly, I would say, don't think of staying here for 1 year, the sooner you shift the better.
    All the best Rajnikant. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Kmarindia
    Hi RA,

Hope you are doing well. I have an option to choose from attached floors plans which are under construction. One is east facing (106) and other is north facing (105). Can you please advice if these are vaastu compliant and among two which one I should go for.

I particularly liked these plans because of balconies in east or north while at the same time having entrances in north or east.

Thanks in advance.

You are right about the balconies & its not just balconies, many other things are also good in both the flats.

Amongst the 2 flats, I would recommend you to buy North facing 105.
    The reasons are as :-

> 105 is Chandravedhi (is longer from N-S), while 106 is Suryavedhi (longer from E-S),

> 105 has clean North wall, from NE-NW while 106 has common bath/toi,

> North facing entrance in N-NE part of house will be a notch better than East facing,

> 105 has both the toilets towards West, which is the ideal place unlike 106.

The common minor prob in both is minor cut in SW & for this, get yourself wooden flooring of dark brown color in M.bed which will raise the floor height & have furniture, curtains in brown & shades of brown. If you plan to do false ceiling, do it in M.bed while keeping N-NE as open as possible so that floor-ceiling height in m.bed (SW) is lesser than rest.

To conclude, buy flat 105.
    All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Dear Rajnikant,

You have indeed done some really good measures to combat some probs due to Vastudoshas. One small correction is not to have Ganesha's picture from outside the door. God always has to be inside, it is better if you can remove that pic & have a seated Ganesha photo above the door from inside the house. Have a small wooden strip below it (you need not place photo on it but should look like a support as such photos should never be hanged without some support).

Apart from this, please do following :-

> Use salt to wipe the floor (you can add salt in water in bucket alongwith floor cleaner itself). Daily use is best but have it atleast twice a week,

> Lit a chandan agarbatti atleast once a day in house,

> You can place haldi-mala (mala of turmeric) North, NE or East of your house,

> Place ganga-jal in NE, North or East of the house,

> Have a tulasi plant in your house & place it on terrace except for in SW & SE direction, but it its not possible, sprinkle rose water alongwith couple of gaumutra drops in the house, including bath/wc atleast twice a week,

> Recite gayatri mantra 3, 11 or 21 times in morning. This will help improve your aura levels & you will gain more strength & energy which is being pulled down due to NE probs of house. Ofcourse, it is good if one recites it even when house is good as per Vaastu.

Doing the above will help you a lot & rest of the things have already been taken care of by you. Please note that above points will only reduce the impact of bad energies in Vaastu, not eliminate it but surely you will feel better within 2 weeks of doing this. Lastly, I would say, don't think of staying here for 1 year, the sooner you shift the better.
    All the best Rajnikant. :)

Dear RA

Thanks a lot for your above easy remedies for big vastudosha in my house. As you said I will apply all the remedies, but can u please tell me, where can I put haldi mala in NE ? I mean to say should I fix it outside the window on NE wall ? or Inside ? & one thing I would like to ask you is, should I put 3 crystal bawl filled with turmeric power/ solid haldi on the floor of NE windows?? please forgive me if my remedy is not matching with vastu.

My faith on vastushastra has reached to en extent when I have observed in our society perticularly in our block, 3 family having the same floor plan as mine & living for more that 2.5 years are suffering lots financially & mentally bcoz of ignorance of vastu. I am survived just bcoz of faith in vastu & accordingly applied the remedies. I hope u may be agree with me Sir.

I am really very proud to be in such a great country where such a master science can cure/avoide many incurable disease and problems which no modern science can do.

Thanks a lots one again sir.
    Rajnikant
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Realacres,
    Would ike to talk to you (bit urgent), can you please provide your contact details on my vindow id.

Thanks and appreciate your time.
    CommentQuote
    Dear RA

Thanks a lot for your above easy remedies for big vastudosha in my house. As you said I will apply all the remedies, but can u please tell me, where can I put haldi mala in NE ? I mean to say should I fix it outside the window on NE wall ? or Inside ? & one thing I would like to ask you is, should I put 3 crystal bawl filled with turmeric power/ solid haldi on the floor of NE windows?? please forgive me if my remedy is not matching with vastu.

The haldi mala has to be inside the house & can be simply placed on table in some plate (glass or plastic).

Please don't put haldi powder or solid haldi on floor or anywhere else, its not required. Haldi mala will be fine. If you don't find it, you can place a Rudraksha mala above the entrance door from outside in that toran. Even a 7 mukhi rudraksha at centre of existing toran will be fine.

My faith on vastushastra has reached to en extent when I have observed in our society perticularly in our block, 3 family having the same floor plan as mine & living for more that 2.5 years are suffering lots financially & mentally bcoz of ignorance of vastu. I am survived just bcoz of faith in vastu & accordingly applied the remedies. I hope u may be agree with me Sir.

Thanks a lots one again sir.
    Rajnikant

+10000000000000000.....
    What you said is completely true. Unfortunately, many consider this science as blind faith & stuff like that & ignore it. I have suffered myself a lot, infact barely managed to live another day & understood what life it is only when I got out of that hopeless house. It is this experience which made me bring closer to Vaastushastra & then decided to help as many people as possible using all the knowledge I learnt till date (and still learning) so that others don't suffer.

I am really very proud to be in such a great country where such a master science can cure/avoide many incurable disease and problems which no modern science can do.
    Btw, don't call me Sir my friend, I find it too respectful for me.

And yes, one more tip for you :-

Every day draw a rangoli on chaukhaat of the main entrance door & place flower on it. Haldi+kumkum should be placed daily on chaukhaat & it should be cleaned every morning before drawing rangoli & placing haldi+kumkum+flower on it. This helps keeping bad forces out. The rangoli can be drawn in any nice design or just swastika at 2 ends of the end of door is fine.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Realacres,

I went through this thread and have found it very useful. I really appreciate your efforts and knowledge sharing.
    I am requesting your tips on the attached floor plan below for the flat marked as (2-2BHK) in the circle towards left-centre. Also please note that the main entrance in this floor plan is modified to make it east facing, however as per the actual construction, the main entrance is south facing. The noth direction for this plan would be ---> N. That is the north is towards right.

Please let me know your analysis for this south facing apartment.

Thanks,
    Himanshu
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Himanshudv
    Hi Realacres,

I went through this thread and have found it very useful. I really appreciate your efforts and knowledge sharing.
    I am requesting your tips on the attached floor plan below for the flat marked as (2-2BHK) in the circle towards left-centre. Also please note that the main entrance in this floor plan is modified to make it east facing, however as per the actual construction, the main entrance is south facing. The noth direction for this plan would be ---> N. That is the north is towards right.

Please let me know your analysis for this south facing apartment.

Thanks,
    Himanshu

Issue is not just South or non-South facing as no direction is bad.
    In this case, there is cut as well as toilet in NE, which is deadly & hence it is best to avoid staying in this house, let alone buying one.
    To conclude, avoid this flat at all costs.
    CommentQuote
    The haldi mala has to be inside the house & can be simply placed on table in some plate (glass or plastic).

Please don't put haldi powder or solid haldi on floor or anywhere else, its not required. Haldi mala will be fine. If you don't find it, you can place a Rudraksha mala above the entrance door from outside in that toran. Even a 7 mukhi rudraksha at centre of existing toran will be fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear RA
    Thanks a lot for the above very easy & handy remedy to minimise the NE CUT defects.
    I am defenetly going to apply this on Thursday.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    +10000000000000000.....
    What you said is completely true. Unfortunately, many consider this science as blind faith & stuff like that & ignore it. I have suffered myself a lot, infact barely managed to live another day & understood what life it is only when I got out of that hopeless house. It is this experience which made me bring closer to Vaastushastra & then decided to help as many people as possible using all the knowledge I learnt till date (and still learning) so that others don't suffer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am relly very happy & appriciate your efforts for the betterment of mankind.
    Looking to your efforts I woulld like to make U request to join you to spread the God Gifted Science (Vastu) To the world.

btw my main aim is to make people understand & appriciate our Master Shastra before they hurt due to ignorance of VASTU. I have observed that due to some fake vastushashry & product seller professionals our God Given Shastra is now drowning.

U will be very Happy to know that I am Going to do one research on Vastu defects on people like Migraine, kedney problems, Why seperation between husband wife, miscaragies etc. so that we can at least minimise/prevent the problems & get the smile back to the people suffering from it. This way we can make our country healthy, wealthy & Happy. basically I am a Computer Engr & very contented with my earning, & I want to EARN the BLESSING of the needy people, Because Money could be spent or but Blessing could never be spent or stolen.

I want to do this volenteerly bcoz am not mad after money. bcoz VASTU is my passion not profession.

So, I ask your permission to allow me to give my comments or share my Ideas in this fourm to the people asking you for Vastu advice.

TOGATHER WE CAN MAKE THE DIFFRENCE.

Thanks in advance
    RAJNIKANT PATHAK
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------The haldi mala has to be inside the house & can be simply placed on table in some plate (glass or plastic).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear RA
    Thanks a lot for the above very easy & handy remedy to minimise the NE CUT defects.
    I am defenetly going to apply this on Thursday.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    +10000000000000000.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am relly very happy & appriciate your efforts for the betterment of mankind.
    Looking to your efforts I woulld like to make U request to join you to spread the God Gifted Science (Vastu) To the world.

btw my main aim is to make people understand & appriciate our Master Shastra before they hurt due to ignorance of VASTU. I have observed that due to some fake vastushashry & product seller professionals our God Given Shastra is now drowning.

U will be very Happy to know that I am Going to do one research on Vastu defects on people like Migraine, kedney problems, Why seperation between husband wife, miscaragies etc. so that we can at least minimise/prevent the problems & get the smile back to the people suffering from it. This way we can make our country healthy, wealthy & Happy. basically I am a Computer Engr & very contented with my earning, & I want to EARN the BLESSING of the needy people, Because Money could be spent or but Blessing could never be spent or stolen.

I want to do this volenteerly bcoz am not mad after money. bcoz VASTU is my passion not profession.

So, I ask your permission to allow me to give my comments or share my Ideas in this fourm to the people asking you for Vastu advice.

Thanks in advance
    RAJNIKANT PATHAK
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CommentQuote
    Issue is not just South or non-South facing as no direction is bad.
    In this case, there is cut as well as toilet in NE, which is deadly & hence it is best to avoid staying in this house, let alone buying one.
    To conclude, avoid this flat at all costs.

Thank you RealAcres for taking time to analyze this!

I have already brought the flat and completed most of the payment . However, it is still under construction and the possession is in 2015.
    Could you please provide advise on remedies that could help me protect myself from the ill-effects? Also would like to know about the ways to enhance the positive points, if any, of this flat as per vastu-shastra.
    Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
    Himanshu
    CommentQuote
  • We purchased a farmhouse plot some years back, and only later realized that one edge appeared cutoff. As shown in the attached image, the South-East corner of the plot is cutoff, giving it a somewhat L-shape.
    To remedy this, I believe we would need to place a fence or construct a wall to make the plot rectangular. Is this correct?
    If so, which of the two options (full line or dotted line) should be used to correct the shape.
    Would really appreciate any help from forum members on this.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi realacres,

wanted your view on following option that I am exploring in under construction flat:-
    - It’s a 3BHK flat at 2nd floor with 3 bathroom, I want to convert the common bathroom(8X5) located at east side to a puja room. But not sure if this is a good idea to do that as flat above & below with have bathrooms as per building plan.

Let me know your view on this.

Thanks
    Rahul
    CommentQuote

Thanks in advance
    RAJNIKANT PATHAK
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Rajnikant,

Thank you & appreciate your thoughts completely. :)
    And man, why do you need my permission to give comments & advice here as long as they are correct ? You are doing something noble, & I am all for that, please do go ahead & put your ideas here so that many people can lead better life.

Btw, as you are going to do research, here are some major factors which lead to issues mentioned by you above :-

Migraine :- Issues in NE, toilet, staircase or kitchen (leads to financial probs too, especially stairs),

Kidney :- Issues with Brahmasthan,

Divorces :- Most often, the bedroom where such couple sleeps is in SE,

Miscarriages or birth disorders :- Bedroom in NE.

Just tally above in your research & you will be shocked to see as to how just by looking at one's house, you can tell what good & bad is going on with the people staying in it.

One of my CA friend who was working in a CA firm had taken a office on lease & when I went to visit him, I said to him that don't take it otherwise, but I strongly feel that you will have to shift out within 6 months. And guess what, they didn't get any business in that office & they shifted in 3.5 months !! Main reason here was all walls were slant in shape & many cabins & structure had 5 corners to it. Now that he is in better Vaastu, things are looking up for him. He also got married last month to his GF & got a good post in BSE listed major firm.

Once you go deeper, you will understand things like geopathic stress, issues due to flowing water below the building, improper elevation, non-angular flats/houses etc.

Again, I would like to stress that only good Vaastu won't help if you don't put efforts on your part, but surely, it does give your efforts an extra push, just like bad Vaastu drags your efforts down.

Anyways, all the best man, keep posting, keep helping.
    And you too should start of shifting out of your current house as what you are doing is remedy to reduce impact, not eliminate it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Himanshudv
    Thank you RealAcres for taking time to analyze this!

I have already brought the flat and completed most of the payment . However, it is still under construction and the possession is in 2015.
    Could you please provide advise on remedies that could help me protect myself from the ill-effects? Also would like to know about the ways to enhance the positive points, if any, of this flat as per vastu-shastra.
    Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
    Himanshu

Here what you need is not Vaastu help but Legal help !!
    Just go to the builder, get a correction deed done & shift to better available flats in this project. When time is on your side, why opt for remedies, especially when it relates to NE ?
    CommentQuote