Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Btw, as you are going to do research, here are some major factors which lead to issues mentioned by you above :-

Migraine :- Issues in NE, toilet, staircase or kitchen (leads to financial probs too, especially stairs),

Kidney :- Issues with Brahmasthan,

Divorces :- Most often, the bedroom where such couple sleeps is in SE,

Miscarriages or birth disorders :- Bedroom in NE.

Just tally above in your research & you will be shocked to see as to how just by looking at one's house, you can tell what good & bad is going on with the people staying in it.
    ==============================================================
    Thanks RA for your support.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Divorces :- Most often, the bedroom where such couple sleeps is in SE
    ===================================================
    Your 1000000000000+ correct My Dear Friend. I have observed more than 10 couple recently seperated/seeking separation having the bed on SE Corner & more over those who have attached bath/Wc in NE corner of SE Bedroom has already seperated due to much Quarrels, & friction among the family members. I am shocked to note that. Unfortunate part is that they are really dont have knowledge of vastu or they are not taking care of Vastu.

I have my colleage who is very fustrated due to his family quarrels among his mother & wife. he is going to be seperated. His wife is suffering both mentaly & physically. I have visited his place & taken his plan which is enclosed. & I have given him some remedy which I request you to please check & tell me if I am wrong.
    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=38839
    I advice him to shift the kitchen to SE corner from NE, Shift the WC/Bath from SE to NW Corner where Granite stone for sitting is fixed. Ceptic tank from SE To NW & Water tank on the floor at NE Corner to be shifted to East of NE. More over I have suggested him to paint his Main entrance with blue/Light blue colour.

Please give me your valued comments on my above prediction/remedy is correct or not. Please through some light on my own reserch & remedy on above case.

Thanks in advance.
    RAJNIKANT
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Major flaws here :-

> The flat or rather entire building is in sub-direction which aren't good,

> The entrance is SE facing, again bad as this burns out good opportunities,

> The bedrooms are in N-NE, which leads to problem with progeny & women are particular are hit with head related probs, common one is migraine.

Then there are other issues too, but the above ones are enough for you to avoid buying this flat. Infact, in this entire building, not a single flat is worth purchasing. Look for some other projects, you will find better ones.
    All the best. :)

Thanks thanks so much real acres!!! I really appreciate your answers. I have dropped that flat,
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cutejohn
    Thanks thanks so much real acres!!! I really appreciate your answers. I have dropped that flat,

Hi RA,

Would you suggest taking in any of the other flats in other building of this project, Attaching the layouts for upward - left , ]downward - right and downward - left side apartments in the different towers t 13 - 16.

Please advise do you consider any one of these - upward - right, upward - left , downward - right or downward - left in T 13, 14,15 or 16 to be good or okay.

Thanks,
    John
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu tips for THE INTERIORS

Here are a few:
    A tulsi or neem plant in or around the house is considered auspicious. On the other hand, cactus or such thorny plants must be avoided. They are believed to cause friction between the residents
    A toilet or tap in the centre of the house is considered very unlucky. It is believed to drain away all the wealth
    Repair any leaking tap immediately. A leaking tap is also believed to drain away all the wealth
    The kitchen, toilet and prayer room should never be next to each other. These rooms represent energies that should be kept apart
    The gas burner or microwave in the kitchen should not be directly in front of the main door
    Never have a washroom or pantry under a staircase. It is believed to bring bad luck
    In a washroom, the mirror, sink, and tap should be placed along the north or east wall
    The toilet seat should preferably be along the north-south axis. Many worship the rising Sun facing the east. Hence, it is ideal to avoid aligning the toilet seat to the eastwest axis
    All electrical or heat-generating appliances should be kept in the south-east, or at least their plug point (energy source) or remote control should be in this direction
    QUICK BITES

A TULSI OR NEEM PLANT IN OR AROUND THE HOUSE IS CONSIDERED AUSPICIOUS—AVOID CACTUS OR OTHER THORNY PLANTS
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ragh_ideal
    Vastu tips for THE INTERIORS

Here are a few:
    A tulsi or neem plant in or around the house is considered auspicious. On the other hand, cactus or such thorny plants must be avoided. They are believed to cause friction between the residents
    A toilet or tap in the centre of the house is considered very unlucky. It is believed to drain away all the wealth
    Repair any leaking tap immediately. A leaking tap is also believed to drain away all the wealth
    The kitchen, toilet and prayer room should never be next to each other. These rooms represent energies that should be kept apart
    The gas burner or microwave in the kitchen should not be directly in front of the main door
    Never have a washroom or pantry under a staircase. It is believed to bring bad luck
    In a washroom, the mirror, sink, and tap should be placed along the north or east wall
    The toilet seat should preferably be along the north-south axis. Many worship the rising Sun facing the east. Hence, it is ideal to avoid aligning the toilet seat to the eastwest axis
    All electrical or heat-generating appliances should be kept in the south-east, or at least their plug point (energy source) or remote control should be in this direction
    QUICK BITES
    A TULSI OR NEEM PLANT IN OR AROUND THE HOUSE IS CONSIDERED AUSPICIOUS—AVOID CACTUS OR OTHER THORNY PLANTS

Thanks, ragh_ideal!
    Any tips for plots of land (farm plots or otherwise)?
    CommentQuote
  • South Facing House in Kerala

Hello Friends,

I am planning to buy this house which i feel is facing south. Having explored through websites have understood that South facing is not good.

Can you please review and advice if the house is okay and if any changes are required. The builder however claims that construction has been made after consulting a Vasthu expert.

My house no. is 17 (circled in red) and plan is also provided.

Appreciate if someone can throw some on this.

Many thanks in advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA, kindly advise on the following:

I had a 40'x90' ft plot facing West. Of this, 30'x40' ft was carved out from the NW portion and sold. Now I am left with 10' of entry path upto 40' length. After that, the plot has the remaining portion of 40'x50'. The pathway from the road on the Southern end of the West side (SW quadrant) partially faces a street focus from West. I plan to construct a house in the plot with additional gate to separate the main area (40'x50')from the path. I've enclosed the floor plan for your kind advice please.

I would be grateful for an early reply from your end.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Pls see my ans in blue.

Originally Posted by shravanam108
    Thanks realacres for your reply!

Comments below. Your original replies are followed by ">":

OK, I see your point. However, as this is a small plot, the bedrooms on the floors below will likely occupy the entire SW quad. In that case, it may not be possible to ensure that the overhead tank is in the SW quad, but doesn't come above a bedroom. Then, I assume that we just make sure that the tank is not exactly over the points where we sleep, but could be over other parts of the bedroom? Or any other location for the overhead tank? Can it be on the North East?

In this case, atleast ensure that overhead tank doesn't come above the bed. And yes, bed has to be on Southern wall of bedroom, in such a way that you sleep with your head towards South.

Over-head tank in NE ? Never. This is one of the biggest mistake one can do to destroy NE.

Again, as the Mezzanine floor (i.e for using the space over the car park) is on the north-west, I don't think that we can avoid the steps in the NW quad, as the access to the higher floors will be via the Mezzanine floor. Is that acceptable?

Actually this should be avoided & better if you can shift stairs more towards West atleast.
    And if nothing can be done (which should not be the case), don't build concrete staircase, rather just have those ready to use iron/wooden stairs. But in anycase, North wall should not be part of staircase.

Where would you suggest the servant toilet then. We don't have space for a servant room other than a toilet. So it would just be the servant toilet.

In NW or West.

With regards to an office on the SE part of first floor, you had mentioned:

The ground floor is already too cramped with the car park and the living area and the kitchen and bedroom. Thus, it will need to be on the first floor. I don't get any visitors to the office. Hence, if the reason for suggesting ground floor was visitors, that is not an issue. What is a good location on the first floor? Again, west side of first floor may be difficult as we have less room on the first floor west as compared to the east. The west side might only be able to accommodate a master bed room and a common toilet.

Then opt for South for office.
    The reason for office on ground floor is it is not just more practical (strangers best avoided deep inside house) but higher the floor, more is the dominance. Having office on higher floors will lead to more time being spent on work than on family even if at home, which is not good.
    To manage a balance between work & family, it is best to have office on lower floors.
    Some even say it this way, 'Neeche dukaan, upar makaan'. :D

Yes, I meant guest room (floor above mezzanine floor) above the child room (mezzanine floor) on the NW side (above the car park). We could swap the location of the child room and guest rooms. However, it might take more effort for the child to go up and down. The child might also feel better being closer to the main floor. We wanted the floor above the mezz floor to be infrequently accessed (and hence thought a good fit for the guest room).

Yes, the topmost floor on the NW part will be the tallest living space, unless you consider the height of the water tank on the SW, which might then make the SW part taller.

One shouldn't consider height of water-tank, lift room etc as height alone. If NW has more rooms & is higher, it means NW will have more weight than other areas. This is not good as this leads to loss in opportunities. In this case, I would rather recommend to cancel idea of having guest room altogether. And I agree completely about kid being on 1st floor, no issues here.
    Other option would be to make SW 2 floors in height, yourself stay on 2nd floor, give 1st floor SW to kid & 1st floor NW to guests.

What is a good location for the servant toilet then?
    NW-West.

I don't have a plan yet. I need to give my vastu requirements to an architect who will then draw up the plan. Hence, the questions to get clarifications on the vastu part.
    Not sure how much the pillars (and the mezzanine floor, and the floor above that) will protude in the north/west quad on the north side.

Thanks.

Hope this clarifies your doubts. If you have more, feel free to write in.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by IndianFarmer
    Thanks a ton, Real Acres! Understood completely.
    Just as an alternative, since a SW location for the house on the new rectangular plot may be difficult, would it be ok to fence the Eastern extension (instead of SW extension) to make the plot rectangular? The thick orange line indicates this on the attached image.
    If we can do this, is there any particular requirement for the eastern extension? Is it okay to cover this area, for instance, with a greenhouse or a shed? Can we use this area as a regular piece of land, to grow crops/vegetables?

This is also an option. You can surely grow vegetables, crops in this area. But ensure that it doesn't consists of big trees like mango, coconuts etc.
    You will be having a compound wall in between on orange line, so no issues even if you have green house here for farming.

One important aspect :-

You need to have entrance from NE part of the plot, East facing only. Just because road is near SE in this case shouldn't create gate in SE, east facing. In short, you will have to pass through this East plot meant for farming to enter the compound.
    Please let me know if it is clear.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by planner
    Pls Suggest me some Vastu tips to be done on Depawali.

These are very simple ones :-

> Throw out all the junk material lying in the house,
    > Clean walls, chajjas & if possible even external walls,
    > Ensure all lights are in working condition,
    > The doors shouldn't create noise, oil them if noise is coming,
    > Repair leaking taps,
    > Have nice toran of real flowers alongwith mango leaves in it on main entrance door,
    > Draw auspicious symbols like swastika on entrance door,
    > Tie a mauli (sacred thread) on entrance door & safe-box,
    > Colourful rangoli in front/near the entrance door,
    > Jewellery in house should be polished if required & if broken should be repaired,
    > If anyone comes to your house (including courier guys or postman), give them sweets.
    CommentQuote
  • I have my colleage who is very fustrated due to his family quarrels among his mother & wife. he is going to be seperated. His wife is suffering both mentaly & physically. I have visited his place & taken his plan which is enclosed. & I have given him some remedy which I request you to please check & tell me if I am wrong.

I advice him to shift the kitchen to SE corner from NE, Shift the WC/Bath from SE to NW Corner where Granite stone for sitting is fixed. Ceptic tank from SE To NW & Water tank on the floor at NE Corner to be shifted to East of NE. More over I have suggested him to paint his Main entrance with blue/Light blue colour.

Please give me your valued comments on my above prediction/remedy is correct or not. Please through some light on my own reserch & remedy on above case.

Thanks in advance.
    RAJNIKANT

Everything you mentioned is correct except door of entrance door. His/her entrance door is West facing in SW & therefore should be in brown or maroon in color. Apart from this, ask him to place a swastika of 4x4 inches size made of copper on teakwood base above the entrance door.

In the meantime, the best solution would be to ask them to move out of this house as the bedroom remains in North which isn't good as mind never remains stable here. Let them shift to some better house as per Vaastu on rent, see the results for 6 months & then let them decide what to do next.

Modifying all this will require lot of time & before things turn worse, ask them to shift out first & in the meantime, ask them to keep 'Rose Crystal Quartz' in their bedroom besides their bed.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cutejohn
    Hi RA,

Would you suggest taking in any of the other flats in other building of this project, Attaching the layouts for upward - left , ]downward - right and downward - left side apartments in the different towers t 13 - 16.

Please advise do you consider any one of these - upward - right, upward - left , downward - right or downward - left in T 13, 14,15 or 16 to be good or okay.

Thanks,
    John

T13-16 are towers which are properly aligned to main directions, which is good.
    But when you talk about individual flats, all goes for toss. The reasons here are :-

> In upward left side, there is toilet in North & NE is completely cut, which is fatal & should be avoided at all costs,

> In downward-left side, there is kitchen in North-NE, which drains you financially, which again is bad. The entrance & bedrooms are in correct direction but kitchen spoils everything,

> In downward-right side, there is kitchen in North & cut + toilet in NE, which is again very bad financially as well as health wise. Best to be avoided.

Therefore, not a single flat you mentioned is good to be purchased. Scout for better ones.
    All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vilaskuwait
    Hello Friends,

I am planning to buy this house which i feel is facing south. Having explored through websites have understood that South facing is not good.

Can you please review and advice if the house is okay and if any changes are required. The builder however claims that construction has been made after consulting a Vasthu expert.

My house no. is 17 (circled in red) and plan is also provided.

Appreciate if someone can throw some on this.

Many thanks in advance.

Major issues apart from entrance are :-

> Kitchen in SW. This burns out all the positive energy in the house & creates obstacles in life. Kitchen should be shifted to SE.

> 2 Toilets (G+1) in SE. It is having water in place of fire element, which leads to conflicts. These toilets should be shifted to NW-West.

Based on the layout, I would recommend you buying the plot diagonally opposite your current one, the corner one having roads on North & East side. Infact, I would even pay a premium for plot having such roads.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by adsrema
    Dear RA, kindly advise on the following:

I had a 40'x90' ft plot facing West. Of this, 30'x40' ft was carved out from the NW portion and sold. Now I am left with 10' of entry path upto 40' length. After that, the plot has the remaining portion of 40'x50'. The pathway from the road on the Southern end of the West side (SW quadrant) partially faces a street focus from West. I plan to construct a house in the plot with additional gate to separate the main area (40'x50')from the path. I've enclosed the floor plan for your kind advice please.

I would be grateful for an early reply from your end.

The floor plan which you made for house is good one (except having toilet adjoining kitchen). However, the biggest concern is regarding the entrance to the plot & extension of the plot.
    In this case, not only entrance is from SW part, West facing but there is extension in SW part of the plot, which isn't good. This repels positive energy & increase negative forces. Such entrances are good only for those involved in illicit businesses but only for 5 years after which heavy downfall starts.

In my opinion, rather than building here, it would be best to sell off this plot & buy a new plot elsewhere as per Vaastu & then build on it. It is not at all advisable to stay in properties whose entrance is in SW.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Everything you mentioned is correct except door of entrance door. His/her entrance door is West facing in SW & therefore should be in brown or maroon in color. Apart from this, ask him to place a swastika of 4x4 inches size made of copper on teakwood base above the entrance door.

In the meantime, the best solution would be to ask them to move out of this house as the bedroom remains in North which isn't good as mind never remains stable here. Let them shift to some better house as per Vaastu on rent, see the results for 6 months & then let them decide what to do next.

Modifying all this will require lot of time & before things turn worse, ask them to shift out first & in the meantime, ask them to keep 'Rose Crystal Quartz' in their bedroom besides their bed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Thank you very much Dear RA for your advice. I have already advice him to shift from this house & he is also trying to find the best house according to vastu.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Thanks again.
    RAJNIKANT PATHAK
    CommentQuote