Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thanks for your insights realacres.
    Yes, parking the car outside could be a better (best) idea. I have grown all of these plants from the seed. Much attached to them. :) Transplanting them will be difficult since they’re quite large now, but your solution appears appropriate. Thanks.
    Just wondering if I should convert the plots into rectangles with a wall, or should chain-link fencing be sufficient. Somehow I feel it (fence) doesn’t give the (mis)impression that one part of the plot is separate from the other in terms of ownership.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hello RealAcres,

Amazing effort. Great job of guiding folks about Vastu Shastra. Thanks a lot indeed.

I went through this entire Vastu tips thread and going through it again to understand - what is absolute must, what is acceptable, and what is totally unacceptable.

- Do the maps on these page look good? Can we consider these to be a guideline?

http://www.smartastroguru.com/Vastu_...ap_Drawing.php

BLISS SOLUTIONS INC. - VASTU

Vastu - sapt-hrishi (सप्त ऋषि) - maps at bottom.

I understand that it isnt this simple. Can the maps be used as a basic filter (before asking your time :D) ?

- Is there an android app (that you may have tried and tested) which is accurate? I understand that it cannot replace a scaled floor plan with north marked. A correct app would be really useful for resale flats, where the floor plan isnt readily available. It can act as a quick filter at the least. The app may be used to determine and calculate points and come to a score that indicates positive or negative result.

- There are multiple bathrooms and WCs in homes these days, in all directions. How to account for multiple baths/toi in a flat? What if there is an attached bath with bedroom in SW or S? Bathrooms are spread all over the floor plan these days, just cannot escape this fact.

- I find that it is impossible to find vastu compliant homes these days. Even one of the best i have seen are not vastu compliant (for example, Pune - Vascon willows).

I understand that atleast the NE > Brahmasthan > SW should be free of defects. Can we somehow manage to adjust with the rest of defects (for example, bed in SE or NE, bath in center, etc).
    What are the minimum set of criteria to make the home positive?

I ask this because i do not see any vastu compliant properties. So i am targeting atleast that the score be positive. After so much searching, after filtering out floor plans, unreliable builders, etc I am left with very few options, and none of them are vastu compliant.

Thanks again for your sharing your knowledge and replying.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Realacre,
    Please comment your views about this floor plan it is in red.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ajy243
    Hi Real Acres,
    Thanks for your wonderful service to help the people adresss their doubts on Vaastu.
    I am attaching a plan of 3bhk . Could you look into the plan and let me know if ok to proceed ?

Thank you
    Ajay

The major issues here are :-

> Entrance is in SW, couple with cut in the same area. This combination is very bad.

> Toilet in North leads to financial issues.

> The most critical aspect is M.bed in NE, which leads to progeny problems.

There are some others too but the above 3 points are major ones & it is better to avoid this flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gharho
    Hi Ra,

what is remedy for vidisha dosh? is their any other dosh too in this unit.?
    please advise .

Vidisha dosha arises when the main directions go in the corner of the property & the property is not aligned exactly as per North-South direction.
    Vidisha dosha leads to problems like all family members specially earning members being always worried,unwell, having no progress, financial stringency, lack of finance, female folk being unwell, lack of prestige, irritable temper and mental tension.

There isn't any solution which can get rid of this problem, for the simple reason that strcture can't fight the gravitational force of earth & is therefore best to avoid such flats altogether.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AnmolSaigal
    Thanks a Ton for your detailed study and reply, I have a couple of more secondry options please help me and provide your valuable inputs if any of these suits Vastu requirements. Thanks again for all your time and advise here.

The location of terrace is good but in case of the flat (4th floor image you uploaded), there is toilet in NE, while lift in brahmasthan. Both these are serious defects. Also, 2 bedrooms, in NE & SE are best avoided, hence you loose these bedrooms from use too (a bath/toi is in SE also).
    Not to forget the major cut in East which is very bad.
    Overall, this flat is not worth buying.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by IndianFarmer
    Thanks for your insights realacres.
    Yes, parking the car outside could be a better (best) idea. I have grown all of these plants from the seed. Much attached to them. :) Transplanting them will be difficult since they’re quite large now, but your solution appears appropriate. Thanks.

Its good to see we are able to find good solutions which are being implemented at your end.

Just wondering if I should convert the plots into rectangles with a wall, or should chain-link fencing be sufficient. Somehow I feel it (fence) doesn’t give the (mis)impression that one part of the plot is separate from the other in terms of ownership.

The orange line which you have drawn is on the East side, which in any case should have compound wall lower than West & South. As you own land adjoining to it, the simple solution would be to have compound wall of about 4 ft while height above can be done by fencing. On South & West, have compound wall height of no less than 6 ft in your case.

This way, not only you properly bifurcate the area, but due to lower height, you can get good visibility of your land adjoining to it. You can even see you car sitting inside ;).
    Hope this serves the purpose & offers practical solution. :)
    Let me know if you have further query.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by peeyush005
    Hi Realacre,
    Please comment your views about this floor plan it is in red.

The major flaw here is the entrance door, it is North Facing in NW.
    North facing door has to be in N-NE-E quadrant.
    Apart from this kitchen in NW will lead to complete loss of opportunities, which also includes hardship in case of promotions etc.

I have seen the other flats in this building also & none of them are worth buying, mainly due to issues pertaining to NE or entrance location & corresponding bedroom place.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Hello RealAcres,

Amazing effort. Great job of guiding folks about Vastu Shastra. Thanks a lot indeed.

Thanks & you're welcome man.

I went through this entire Vastu tips thread and going through it again to understand - what is absolute must, what is acceptable, and what is totally unacceptable.

Do the maps on these page look good? Can we consider these to be a guideline?

As a guideline, yes, it can be used but not completely, especially when it doesn't talk in detail about cuts & protrusions.

- Is there an android app (that you may have tried and tested) which is accurate? I understand that it cannot replace a scaled floor plan with north marked. A correct app would be really useful for resale flats, where the floor plan isnt readily available. It can act as a quick filter at the least. The app may be used to determine and calculate points and come to a score that indicates positive or negative result.

There are some, but they are incomplete. The reason is :-

> If there is kitchen in SE, it will say good but if you place toilet adjoining to kitchen, it is very bad. This aspect is not considered.

> If entrance is from N-NE-E, it will show good, but if one can see kitchen platform directly from entrance, it is bad, no matter where the entrance is & you need to ensure that kitchen is not seen directly from entrance. This thing is also not considered.

In reality, these apps are good for newbies who have absolute no knowledge about Vaastu but if you have gone through this thread, it won't be much useful.

- There are multiple bathrooms and WCs in homes these days, in all directions. How to account for multiple baths/toi in a flat? What if there is an attached bath with bedroom in SW or S? Bathrooms are spread all over the floor plan these days, just cannot escape this fact.

+1, very true & unfortunately this is the case in almost all projects. Very few builder plan & execute project as per Vaastushastra.

Having said this, there is no issue if attached bath/toi to bedroom is there in South or attached to bedroom in SW. Just ensure that position of toi is such that it is either in West or South. A bath/toi should never be in corner of the house, irrespective of direction.

If builder wants, Vaastu compliant building & flats can be built. An eg. of builder in Hyderabad is below :-

The left hand side of layout is North. If you observe, there are 6 flats & all of these are Vaastu positive flats. Fact is builder simply are ignorant &/or want to save some money & give lame excuses how it's not possible.

- I find that it is impossible to find vastu compliant homes these days. Even one of the best i have seen are not vastu compliant (for example, Pune - Vascon willows).

+1, can't agree more. I too have seen this willows project for myself & dropped the idea of buying here.

I understand that atleast the NE > Brahmasthan > SW should be free of defects. Can we somehow manage to adjust with the rest of defects (for example, bed in SE or NE, bath in center, etc).
    What are the minimum set of criteria to make the home positive?

Bed in NE & SE are still major issues as former leads to issues with progeny & later affects the marital life between the couple.
    Bath in centre is horrible, lot of diseases & financial probs. Relations within family members go sour.
    And there are no solution for issues related to NE-Brahmasthan-SW. The only solution is to leave the house. It's hard but there is no other way out, I am myself having first hand experience of all such issues & it was only after this I decided to learn this wonderful science ever made on this planet. :)

I ask this because i do not see any vastu compliant properties. So i am targeting atleast that the score be positive. After so much searching, after filtering out floor plans, unreliable builders, etc I am left with very few options, and none of them are vastu compliant.

That's the unfortunate aspect while buying flat, especially in West & North India. What you can atleast ensure is major Doshas mentioned above are not there & entrance is in correct area. If this is not possible, never even think of buying house, no matter how lucrative is the deal.

Thanks again for your sharing your knowledge and replying.

Don't say thanks so many times man. Infact, I like to interact with people who too have keen interest in this science & want to utilise it for betterment of their lives & others. :)
    Do write in if you want to share something more or have any queries.
    Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • ""Do write in if you want to share something more or have any queries.
    Cheers.""
    Very helpful indeed these tips.
    Keep up the good work @realacres.
    CommentQuote
  • Hey Realacre please comment if any one is ok with respect to vastu.

Hi Realacre,
    I am attaching all floor plans of this society. Please let me know if anyone is worth to buy.
    I have finalized one but canceled the deal base on previous reviews on vastu.
    I have collected all maps and plans now. I am attaching sample google earth view also.
    To calculate exact directions i have used google earth map.
    1-north direction shown in builder map with respect to society plan.
    2-society plan with nort direction shown in it.
    3-google map of one structure with north direction(top is north and right is east).
    4-floor plan of 3bhk.
    5-cluster plan of 3 bhk.

I have shown north in each image. please comment if any one is ok with respect to vastu.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by peeyush005
    Hi Realacre,
    I am attaching all floor plans of this society. Please let me know if anyone is worth to buy.
    I have finalized one but canceled the deal base on previous reviews on vastu.
    I have collected all maps and plans now. I am attaching sample google earth view also.
    To calculate exact directions i have used google earth map.
    1-north direction shown in builder map with respect to society plan.
    2-society plan with nort direction shown in it.
    3-google map of one structure with north direction(top is north and right is east).
    4-floor plan of 3bhk.
    5-cluster plan of 3 bhk.

I have shown north in each image. please comment if any one is ok with respect to vastu.

Satellite image doesn't give clear idea about floor plan, only cluster can be seen.
    What are important images are the last 2, one is flat floor plan & other is building layout with North direction market. But in building layout where North is marked, you have not highlighted the flat of your interest. Having said that, it will be best if you can put proper directions on individual flat floor plan here. As building is ready, you can check yourself what exact directions & angles are.

As I don't want to give any wrong advice, it will be best if you put up floor plan of your individual flat alongwith directions mentioned on it. It will help give precise calculations.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello RealAcres,

Thanks. That floor plan you attached in the previous post is good. Sadly, it is not in Pune, where I am searching.

Now, another related to residential plots. I have created and attached a rough diagram. Indicates road and plots (in blue rectangles). Normally the shorter edges of plot schemes face the road. The north direction is marked. I have put T junctions as well as crossroads, but not all combinations are covered. Some plots are at T junction (e.g. 35 and 41) and face the third road. Some plots are at corner, while some are adjacent to other plots.

I understand plots with 3 side and 4 side roads are absolute not recommended. Is that right?

Which of these plots would be the best buy?

You may answer in terms of "Plot number 32" or "plot 6 put main gate facing East" or "plot 38 rotate 90deg clockwise put main gate facing east" or "plot 31 rotate 90deg clockwise". I hope I am able to give a clear idea.

Of course I cannot rotate the plot , but i will understand the general directional orientation w.r.t junctions, roads and adjacent plots.

I understand my question is rather inaccurate. There are other permutations. For example, Even with a plot facing south, I can still have main entrance of the home at the North eastern quadrant and facing east. main entrance of home facing north would be somewhat weird in this example. It is like you enter from south, go around all the way and enter at north. the main iron gate will still be at south though, in this case.

Still it would be good if you may give indicative answers. A list may also be good in decreasing order of priority. For example,

- plot 12 put main gate at N-E corner facing north,
    - plot 18,
    - plot 35,
    - plot 38 rotate 90 deg clockwise

I tried doing a google search on this thread, but I am unable to find "vastu points for plots" kind of post. I have not yet started re-scanning this thread from page 1 :)

If you find my question too vague or unanswerable (because question itself is wrong :) ), please let me know, I will drop this question.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Satellite image doesn't give clear idea about floor plan, only cluster can be seen.
    What are important images are the last 2, one is flat floor plan & other is building layout with North direction market. But in building layout where North is marked, you have not highlighted the flat of your interest. Having said that, it will be best if you can put proper directions on individual flat floor plan here. As building is ready, you can check yourself what exact directions & angles are.

As I don't want to give any wrong advice, it will be best if you put up floor plan of your individual flat alongwith directions mentioned on it. It will help give precise calculations.

Hi realacres,
    Sometimes ago i have aksed you about one particular floor plan in this society if you rememberd. see quote below:

Originally Posted by realacres
    The major flaw here is the entrance door, it is North Facing in NW.
    North facing door has to be in N-NE-E quadrant.
    Apart from this kitchen in NW will lead to complete loss of opportunities, which also includes hardship in case of promotions etc.

I have seen the other flats in this building also & none of them are worth buying, mainly due to issues pertaining to NE or entrance location & corresponding bedroom place.

Thats why i have uploaded whole society plan with you so that you can comment if any flat is good as per vastu. I liked his society and I got one deal(floor plan I shared with you and you have commented on that it is not good one as per vastu) but i canceled that as that flat was not ok as per vastu.

I dont want to waste my(my parents's) hard earned money on such property which is not as per vastu.
    So I shared whole society plan with you with proper directions.
    Please comment if any unit is ok? Or if you need more edited image with more direction, i will try to provide you.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RealAcres,

Request your guidance, specifically critical issues and remedies if any on the following. If you have answered already in earlier posts , please give pointers.

1. In a flat,
    1.1 the main door is in SW
    1.2 the master bed room is in NW

2. In an individual duplex house,
    2.1 the compound gate is in North West splay/corner
    2.2. the main entrance door in NW direction
    2.3. Master Bed room is in SE of 1st floor

Thanks
    CommentQuote