Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Vidisha dosha arises when the main directions go in the corner of the property & the property is not aligned exactly as per North-South direction.
    Vidisha dosha leads to problems like all family members specially earning members being always worried,unwell, having no progress, financial stringency, lack of finance, female folk being unwell, lack of prestige, irritable temper and mental tension.

There isn't any solution which can get rid of this problem, for the simple reason that strcture can't fight the gravitational force of earth & is therefore best to avoid such flats altogether.

Hi Ra,
    thanks for your advise and explaining in detail about the Vidisha dosh , will look for some other unit .
    CommentQuote
  • HI Real Acres, I have shortlisted another flat meeting my budget. Would appreciate your inputs on this layout? The image is inverted to accurately depict the layout of the flat. Hence, The room names would appear in reverse.

Thanks and look forward to your inputs.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001
    HI Real Acres, I have shortlisted another flat meeting my budget. Would appreciate your inputs on this layout? The image is inverted to accurately depict the layout of the flat. Hence, The room names would appear in reverse.

I think , this is what straight.

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=42251
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Yes... but this image does not show the correct orientation of the unit I am evaluating... thanks any way for your input...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by peeyush005
    Thats why i have uploaded whole society plan with you so that you can comment if any flat is good as per vastu. I liked his society and I got one deal(floor plan I shared with you and you have commented on that it is not good one as per vastu) but i canceled that as that flat was not ok as per vastu.

I dont want to waste my(my parents's) hard earned money on such property which is not as per vastu.
    So I shared whole society plan with you with proper directions.
    Please comment if any unit is ok? Or if you need more edited image with more direction, i will try to provide you.

Can you please highlight the floor plan of your flat of interest by marking the same in image below, it will give better idea :-

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Hello RealAcres,

I understand plots with 3 side and 4 side roads are absolute not recommended. Is that right?

Infact, if there are 4 roads for the plot, it should be purchased even at premium rates.
    More the roads around the plot, the better. Just ensure that priorities should be given to roads of North & East.
    This also means that if there are 2 roads, one is South & other in west while other plot has just 1 road in North, better buy the plot having 1 road in North than 2 roads in South & West.

Which of these plots would be the best buy?

Still it would be good if you may give indicative answers. A list may also be good in decreasing order of priority. For example,

- plot 12 put main gate at N-E corner facing north,
    - plot 18,
    - plot 35,
    - plot 38 rotate 90 deg clockwise

From the directions you mentioned, I consider North is facing upwards. Based on this, following are conclusions :-

> First, you need to find 'Chandravedhi' plots. These are the ones which run from north-south, which means east & west sides are longer than north & south.
    Therefore, plots 12,35 & 38 are Chandravedhi plots which are good for overall health & prosperity.

> But, plot 35 comes in T junction, which is bad as road energies directly hit your entrance/plot. So avoid it.

> Plot 18 is Suryavedhi plot, East-West sides are shorter than North-South. So avoid this too.

To conclude, you can buy either 12 or 38. Perhaps 12 is better as length:width ratio looks better though don't know what the real scale is. Between these plots, just ensure that lxb ratio is not more than 1:2; ideal ratio being about 1:1.6. See which of them fit in better & take a call. Also ensure that slope of plot is from SW to NE.

As far as entrance is concerned, have 2 entrances, one in North & other in East.
    2 entrance in these 2 directions are very auspicious & Vastu recommends properties having 2 entrances in auspicious directions.

I tried doing a google search on this thread, but I am unable to find "vastu points for plots" kind of post. I have not yet started re-scanning this thread from page 1 :)

They are already mentioned.
    Yet, will make comprehensive list & post it again.
    Cheers. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ramsubra
    Dear RealAcres,

Request your guidance, specifically critical issues and remedies if any on the following. If you have answered already in earlier posts , please give pointers.

1. In a flat,
    1.1 the main door is in SW
    1.2 the master bed room is in NW

The entrance door in SW should be brown or dark maroon in color & place a copper swastika of 4x4 inches above the door frame from outside.

For m.bed in NW, paint the room in pure white color & sleep in South-SW part within this bedroom with head towards south. Also place a photograph of owner in SW part of the house on west side.

2. In an individual duplex house,
    2.1 the compound gate is in North West splay/corner
    2.2. the main entrance door in NW direction
    2.3. Master Bed room is in SE of 1st floor

Thanks

For NW compound gate, have a copper swastika of 4x4 inches above the door from outside & paint the door in pure white colour.

For main entrance too, repeat what is mentioned above.
    However, the compound gate & door of house should not be in straight line i.e. entrance door of building should not be seen directly from compound gate. If this is the case, either of the gates needs to be shifted in best possible location in given situation.

M.bed in SE is actually not good at all & best if it can be shifted to SW, South, West or even NW. Still, if one wants to continues, place rose crystal quartz near the bed & sleep with head towards South & away from SE corner of room. But again I would say, shifting the bedroom is better than doing remedies as SE bedroom is not good for harmonious relationship between husband & wife & it also increases the temper of people who sleep in SE.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    ""Do write in if you want to share something more or have any queries.
    Cheers.""
    Very helpful indeed these tips.
    Keep up the good work @realacres.

Thank you for your kind words Vaibhav. For me, I feel really happy doing this because I know that by using this wonderful science of Vastushastra, people can make their lives truly beautiful. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gharho
    Hi Ra,
    thanks for your advise and explaining in detail about the Vidisha dosh , will look for some other unit .

That is indeed good for you. :)
    Next time when you go to any site, just carry a good compass & if the deviation in angle from main direction is more than 10-12 degrees, avoid it right away irrespective of price, location, specs etc.
    All the best for your house hunt. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001
    HI Real Acres, I have shortlisted another flat meeting my budget. Would appreciate your inputs on this layout? The image is inverted to accurately depict the layout of the flat. Hence, The room names would appear in reverse.

The first thing is that this flat is in sub-direction leading to Vastudosha of Vidisha as mentioned before. It is therefore best to avoid it in anycase. Add to it the fact, that there is toilet in North direction, which is extremely bad for finances. So in anycase, better to avoid this flat & scout for better.

all,

Finding a good house is like getting a good wife. Hard to find but once she comes your way, life becomes beautiful. Some are searching for house , some for wife. :D

I know it is hard to find Vaastu positive house but remember that 2/3rd or 66% of your life is governed by the house in which you live & I have suffered a lot by staying in bad house & would not like the same things happening to anyone here. But once you get good house, you will see lot of positive things happening in your life, many which you never imagined about. :) And yes, do ensure you do good karmas, this will surely help in long way going ahead.

Wish you all the best friends, do good karma & have faith in god, you will find your dream home. :)
    Cheers.
    CommentQuote
    Can you please highlight the floor plan of your flat of interest by marking the same in image below, it will give better idea :-

I am marking red and green, but please evaluate all 12 unit as per vastu.
    As last time i have choosen red one but it was not good as per vastu.
    this time it is green one. but you pls evaluate all.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    The first thing is that this flat is in sub-direction leading to Vastudosha of Vidisha as mentioned before. It is therefore best to avoid it in anycase. Add to it the fact, that there is toilet in North direction, which is extremely bad for finances. So in anycase, better to avoid this flat & scout for better.

all,

Finding a good house is like getting a good wife. Hard to find but once she comes your way, life becomes beautiful. Some are searching for house , some for wife. :D

I know it is hard to find Vaastu positive house but remember that 2/3rd or 66% of your life is governed by the house in which you live & I have suffered a lot by staying in bad house & would not like the same things happening to anyone here. But once you get good house, you will see lot of positive things happening in your life, many which you never imagined about. :) And yes, do ensure you do good karmas, this will surely help in long way going ahead.

Wish you all the best friends, do good karma & have faith in god, you will find your dream home. :)

Cheers.

RA, correct me if i am wrong, To my understanding, the primary layout of the flat should be such that North- South and East - West should lie in the centre of the length and breadth layout of the flat. A couple of degrees plus minus is acceptable.

In this layout, the toilets can be converted/ dismantled to make bigger rooms..., however, i understand there is no remedy for Vidisha Dosh.

Sent from my iPad
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RealAcres,

Thanks for your expert guidance on my queries.

Regards
    CommentQuote
    Infact, if there are 4 roads for the plot, it should be purchased even at premium rates.
    More the roads around the plot, the better. Just ensure that priorities should be given to roads of North & East.
    This also means that if there are 2 roads, one is South & other in west while other plot has just 1 road in North, better buy the plot having 1 road in North than 2 roads in South & West.

From the directions you mentioned, I consider North is facing upwards. Based on this, following are conclusions :-

> First, you need to find 'Chandravedhi' plots. These are the ones which run from north-south, which means east & west sides are longer than north & south.
    Therefore, plots 12,35 & 38 are Chandravedhi plots which are good for overall health & prosperity.

> But, plot 35 comes in T junction, which is bad as road energies directly hit your entrance/plot. So avoid it.

> Plot 18 is Suryavedhi plot, East-West sides are shorter than North-South. So avoid this too.

To conclude, you can buy either 12 or 38. Perhaps 12 is better as length:width ratio looks better though don't know what the real scale is. Between these plots, just ensure that lxb ratio is not more than 1:2; ideal ratio being about 1:1.6. See which of them fit in better & take a call. Also ensure that slope of plot is from SW to NE.

As far as entrance is concerned, have 2 entrances, one in North & other in East.
    2 entrance in these 2 directions are very auspicious & Vastu recommends properties having 2 entrances in auspicious directions.

They are already mentioned.
    Yet, will make comprehensive list & post it again.
    Cheers. :)

Thanks RealAcres !

>>> From the directions you mentioned, I consider North is facing upwards
    yes, North is pointing upwards. it is marked.

>>> Perhaps 12 is better as length:width ratio looks better though don't know what the real scale is.

This is just a diagram I created using a drawing tool, and it is not to scale.
    The purpose was to understand how plot should be selected. The length width ratio might look wrong because of my drawing errors.

So my take away is -

- Plot aligned to north south line (that is, the longer edge aligned to north south, chandravedhi) is preferable.
    - Plot should not have road coming on to it right in front. (for example, at T junction).
    - More roads around plot, better it is.
    - Prefer road in north-east quadrant. Location of road takes precedence over number of roads around plot. That is, if plot has one road towards north or east, it is better than two roads at south and west.
    - Slope should be from SW to NE. That is, SW is higher, and NE is lower.
    - If possible, have two entrances in North east quadrant.

If plot faces south, is it okay to make a drive way along the plot edge within my plot area, and have main entry of house construction at NE?
    Secondly, Will similar workarounds work in case plot main entry is west?

In case of south facing plot, the iron gate will be facing south, but house entry will be in NE corner facing N or E. I hope I am able to give a clear picture of what I intend to do.
    The image is attached.
    Green strips are main gate and house door. Blue is Water tank at NE. Brown is Driveway.

Is suryavedhi plot to be totally avoided? Absolutely No? I have another image of east facing plot attached (I simply rotated the previous image). This is suryavedhi. The iron gate will face east, and main entry at east or north.
    The water tank will come towards north east along the driveway (it is at NW in second diagram).

>>> They are already mentioned.
    I will search again. I will come back to you with more specific queries if any. I am searching for plots too along side flats in Pune. I have not found anything worthwhile yet, I will use the answers here to filter out the choices.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Realacers - Need your Expertise regarding the Vastu of my Flat-B-303

Hi Realacers,

I have read your expert comments that you have shared on this forum you are really doing a wonderful Job Keep It Up!

Even I have purchased a flat in Vijjcon Cellandine at Chandkhed - Marunji. It will be really helpful if you can share your Expertise regarding the Vastu of my Flat. Please see below the Site Photo & Flat Layour marked in Red

Please let me know if you need more details!

Heve a Blessed New Year 2014!!
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote