Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    First, the house deflection in exact angle is not known. I am still awaiting your answer on this. Now based on the image in pdf, it is very clear that there is a cut + toilet in NE section of the flat, which is bad.

Dear RA
    1] There is no Toilet on NE direction.
    Well I asked AMANORA combining 2 flats is possible.

regards,
    Savvy_v
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by savvy_v
    Dear RA
    1] There is no Toilet on NE direction.
    Well I asked AMANORA combining 2 flats is possible.

regards,
    Savvy_v

I took directions by seeing the layout in total. Can you mention the precise directions in the floor plan?? Better if you can have it in image file rather than pdf.
    CommentQuote
  • SUGGESTION

Originally Posted by arondel
    Here are the best Vastu Shastra tips

The wind should come from south-west in the bed room
    The main door should be in north and east side
    Keep god or goddess pictures at the entrance of the door
    Cheque the gate of the lift is not in front of the main gate of the house
    The seat in the latrine should be NORTH-SOUTH
    In a place of worship in the house it is necessary to have open atmosphere

HI i have to finalize my flat in one project where i have booked i need to finalize between 1,4 & 7 looking at the group discussions i feel no.7 and 1 is best. Please suggest for the best as per vastu.
    CommentQuote
  • SUGGESTION

Originally Posted by arondel
    Here are the best Vastu Shastra tips

The wind should come from south-west in the bed room
    The main door should be in north and east side
    Keep god or goddess pictures at the entrance of the door
    Cheque the gate of the lift is not in front of the main gate of the house
    The seat in the latrine should be NORTH-SOUTH
    In a place of worship in the house it is necessary to have open atmosphere

HI i have to finalize my flat in one project where i have booked i need to finalize between 1,4 & 7 looking at the group discussions i feel no.7 and 1 is the best. Please suggest for the best as per vastu.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by keezpanvel
    HI i have to finalize my flat in one project where i have booked i need to finalize between 1,4 & 7 looking at the group discussions i feel no.7 and 1 is the best. Please suggest for the best as per vastu.

Go with no. 7. It is the best of all. Issue with 1 is the toilet is in east & kitchen in west. In 7, toilet in west & kitchen in east which is good. Entrance, living & m.bed remain the same.

So, go for 7, it is the best of the lot :).
    CommentQuote
  • ur views plz

Hi RA,

May i request you to give your inputs on the attached floor plan.

Regards,
    monta
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Punit22
    Hi Real,

Greetings!!! INDIA has won world cup...chears

Yep, cheers man :).

Am unable to sale my flat as per desired value (as per current market rate) as my flat is residential and located on 1st floor, neighbour flat is vaccant as he is a investor & opposit flat is leased for commercial purpose (unauthorised commercial activity), residential client will not preffer as opp is commercial & commercial will not preffer as mine is for residential use - society is not been formed as yet

I have always seen that those spaces (residential or commercial) which are not according to Vastu norms are hard to sell. Even see the case of builders, comparatively the worst building/flats are hard to sell.

Now, if you show that you are indeed in distress, the buyer will try to pump you more. So make sure never to act in distress manner.

As far as rates is concerned, first find new house which is good according to Vastu norms. If the new house fits the bill even if you sell the current flat at lesser rates, better sell it out & buy new one without over-leveraging.

I know a person who after lot of consultations, sold his house atleast 15% less than market rate as he got another option which he could buy by adding not big amount from his pocket. He sold his old house at less price, bought new one & is now happy coz the benefits which he has reaped due to this is far, far more than that 15%.

please advise can i also lease this for commercial purpose

Avoid giving this on lease coz it will still continue to be in your name. What I want is complete removal of your name from your current house.

OR STILL RECOMMEND FOR DISTRESS SALE

Have you shifted elsewhere on rent? If not, first shift on rent to a better house, you will immediately feel the positive difference. Then search for a buyer & simultaneously search for a new house according to Vastushastra norms.

If you find some good house & can buy it even if you sell current house at less rates, it is still worth it & shift to new house.

* PS- Renting here will take care of :-

1.) The bad effects of current house will be drastically reduced (completely eliminated once you sell it),

2.) Won't give distress sale feel to it,

3.) Gives you time to sell this house + search for new one,

4.) If someone in the family has attachment with this house, it will vanish.

Hope this helps, if not, feel free to ask your query here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by monta_k
    Hi RA,

May i request you to give your inputs on the attached floor plan.

Regards,
    monta

From the floor plan, it seems the house is a bit tilted & not exactly in the cardinal directions. Ofcourse, there have been cases where the flats were in proper directions but floor plan shown was wrong.

First of all, I would like to know whether the flat is exactly in cardinal directions, if not, what is the deviation angle? Based on this, I will be able to answer precisely.
    CommentQuote
  • thanks

Originally Posted by realacres
    Go with no. 7. It is the best of all. Issue with 1 is the toilet is in east & kitchen in west. In 7, toilet in west & kitchen in east which is good. Entrance, living & m.bed remain the same.

So, go for 7, it is the best of the lot :).

Thanks a million for the advice, was just worried about the fact that the brahmasthan (centre of 9 parts) is having part of the toilet/wc & kitchen. Is it ok because in all the options the same issue is there.

Thanks once again for your valuable input.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello RA,

You rightly observed that the house is tilted. The cardinal directions are indicated ( with the tilt ) in the floor plan. However, i have requested the deviation angle from the builder and will update you as soon as i have it.

Regards,
    monta
    CommentQuote
  • ur views plz

Originally Posted by realacres
    From the floor plan, it seems the house is a bit tilted & not exactly in the cardinal directions. Ofcourse, there have been cases where the flats were in proper directions but floor plan shown was wrong.

First of all, I would like to know whether the flat is exactly in cardinal directions, if not, what is the deviation angle? Based on this, I will be able to answer precisely.

Hello RA,
    Well, i had a discussion with the onsite engineer and this is what i got. Hope it helps.
    Regards.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by keezpanvel
    Thanks a million for the advice, was just worried about the fact that the brahmasthan (centre of 9 parts) is having part of the toilet/wc & kitchen. Is it ok because in all the options the same issue is there.

Thanks once again for your valuable input.

Well, the entire door of one of the bath/toilet is going in brahmasthan. I don't know what is present in that area i.e. in front & side of the door.

To be on a safer side, it is advised not to buy any of the flats mentioned in the floor plan. No 7 flat is good amongst the rest but in itself is not so good. Btw, kitchen is not present in brahmasthan.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by monta_k
    Hello RA,
    Well, i had a discussion with the onsite engineer and this is what i got. Hope it helps.
    Regards.

The existing directions shown on floor plan have just been extended. Confirm whether the actual (on ground) direction matches with that shown in floor plan. If yes, then the current floor has a huge deviation. I suggest you take a compass & take readings at the entrance door & by placing the compass at the centre of the house. Make sure there is no cell-fone, iron or magnetic substance around coz it deviates the needle of compass.

A flat with more than 10 deg deviation should not be preferred.
    CommentQuote
  • Moshi, PCMC

Hi all,
    I have seen a flat(Top and Third Floor) in Moshi Pradhikaran, near Kendriya Vihar and Nashik-Pune Road.
    The building has 6 Flats.
    I want to know three things from experts;
    1) Hows Moshi area for first home.
    2) Pros and Cons of Top floor flat.
    3) Want to know about its Vastu complaint.

I have attached the Image of Top Floor layout for Vastu purpose.
    The Big terrace on Other side is included in the Falt deal (40% terrace).
    Should this will be included in Vastusashtra or not
    Please comment especially "Realacres"

Regards,
    Mahesh
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by maheshnale

I want to know three things from experts;
    1) Hows Moshi area for first home.

Not so good taking into consideration the infra here. It may develop over long term but for self use, better to buy in areas having atleast developed basic infra. I would anyday prefer pradhikaran or areas around Sambhajinagar over moshi for self use as of now.

2) Pros and Cons of Top floor flat.

Given in Pune thread. Just search it, you will get loads of responses.

3) Want to know about its Vastu complaint.

I have attached the Image of Top Floor layout for Vastu purpose.
    The Big terrace on Other side is included in the Falt deal (40% terrace).
    Should this will be included in Vastusashtra or not
    Please comment especially "Realacres"

Regards,
    Mahesh

You have correctly drawn the squares & terrace has to be included as done rightly by you.

You can now clearly see that the staircase falls in the centre i.e. Brahmasthan of the flat, which is very bad.

The entrance of the flat too falls in Brahmasthan, which again is very bad.

Except for the location of M.bed & to large extent the toilets, nothing is good in this flat & having 2 major defects in Brahmasthan itself is very bad.

To conclude, better drop this flat.
    CommentQuote