Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Realacre,
    Thanks a lot for your valuable advise. As you can see there is another master bedroom in south west which I am planning to use as master bedroom. The only bad thing left will be kitchen in north west and the common wall of toilet with it. As you know it's very hard to get everything right in multi story apartments this one I got as per my luck. Also as per the project site the main road is on the north of the site. Please advise your views after the above changes and if anything can be done on the northwest kitchen which is the major concern now.
    CommentQuote
  • And yes also what can be done for the north west entrance?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Sorry to say, but all the flats are bad as per Vaastushastra.
    It is best to drop buying any flat anywhere in this building.
    Apart from this, the shape of the building is also very bad w.r.t cosmic energy flow.

Thanks. Now i will not waste my time on this society. I already taken one in this area in different society. But after reading posts on this thread i dropped the idea of shifting there. Will keep searching unit which sud be good as per vastu and i will keep taking your help. Thanks a ton realacre

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote
    Thank you for the greetings & I wish you the same. :)

Incase of your flat, most of the aspects are good in the mentioned flat.
    Having said this, there is cut in SW & NW. It will be recommended to look for even floors here so that you get terrace in NW & SW (correct me if I am wrong) & flat remains free from cuts, especially the SW cut.

Though having terrace/balcony in SW is not recommended, we can make it heavy by having plants here & use of color therapy. This is anytime better than cut.

The only major issue I see for all flats ending with 03 is bath/toi in SE which is attached to M.bed. Is it possible for you to avoid use of this bath altogether ? If yes, remove the bathroom altogether & use it for other purpose.

Please reply for this based on which we can proceed further.

Hi RA,

First of all sorry for delay from my end.

Thank you for your responce, Since all the other flats are booked I have no option to change this flat. Yes as you suggested I can avoid using the M.Bed - toilet/bath but wont be able to remove the bath/toi from M.bed.

RA request you to please Guide me with your expertise what options do I have as I cant make any changes in this plan. Please let me know if you need anymore info from my side.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Realacres,

Happy Sankranti. Please see the attached floor plan. The flat on the left is mine and it faces north. Please let me know the vastu of the house. I shall wait for your response.

Regards,

cvs9903
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cvs9903
    Dear Realacres,

Happy Sankranti. Please see the attached floor plan. The flat on the left is mine and it faces north. Please let me know the vastu of the house. I shall wait for your response.

Regards,

cvs9903

I will try to help, I am not an expert though.
    The entrance is in the center facing north, if I understand correctly.

- NE - Brahmasthan - SW axis looks good to me, so it can be considered.
    - Toilet adjoining the dining falls in north. Does not look good (the expert will give the solution).
    - Slight cuts in NE and SW, but I guess those are small cuts. Since you have a terrace in NE, you may keep a Tulsi plant there.
    - A small section of staircase is at north east. Not sure if it is a good idea.
    - A bedroom in the South East. Not good I guess. You may avoid using it.
    - Kitchen in south (is that a bad thing?)
    - Use North West bedroom for guests.

Hello RealAcres,

Which tool do you use to draw a red rectangular grid over a floor plan. I tried Inkscape (free) but I cannot find out how.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA Please share your expertise

Originally Posted by bharatjadhav
    Hi RA,

Thank you for your responce, Since all the other flats are booked I have no option to change this flat. Yes as you suggested I can avoid using the M.Bed - toilet/bath but wont be able to remove the bath/toi from M.bed.

RA request you to please Guide me with your expertise what options do I have as I cant make any changes in this plan. Please let me know if you need anymore info from my side.

Hi RA - Please share your expertise as of what options do I have in the above flat I booked.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    I will try to help, I am not an expert though.
    The entrance is in the center facing north, if I understand correctly.

- NE - Brahmasthan - SW axis looks good to me, so it can be considered.
    - Toilet adjoining the dining falls in north. Does not look good (the expert will give the solution).
    - Slight cuts in NE and SW, but I guess those are small cuts. Since you have a terrace in NE, you may keep a Tulsi plant there.
    - A small section of staircase is at north east. Not sure if it is a good idea.
    - A bedroom in the South East. Not good I guess. You may avoid using it.
    - Kitchen in south (is that a bad thing?)
    - Use North West bedroom for guests.

Hello RealAcres,

Which tool do you use to draw a red rectangular grid over a floor plan. I tried Inkscape (free) but I cannot find out how.

Thanks for your response. I would like to hear from Realacres too as he may suggest remedies for wrong placements.

Regards,
    CVS9903
    CommentQuote
  • Which Flat has better layout

Dear RA,

Please suggest which flat has better layout as per Vastu.

I need to choose a flat in Tower-C and on either one of corners.
    Only Tower-C has 4 BHK flats and too only on either side.

Attached is the site plan for whole complex and flats in question are highlighted. Please let me know if any further information is required.

Kindly suggest.

With Regrads,
    Gaurav
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Debabratak
    Hi Realacre,
    Thanks a lot for your valuable advise. As you can see there is another master bedroom in south west which I am planning to use as master bedroom. The only bad thing left will be kitchen in north west and the common wall of toilet with it. As you know it's very hard to get everything right in multi story apartments this one I got as per my luck. Also as per the project site the main road is on the north of the site. Please advise your views after the above changes and if anything can be done on the northwest kitchen which is the major concern now.

Having North entrance for project is good but note that this benefit is shared by all buyers/residents here, but in case of the issues with flat (good or bad), it is affecting only you. Hence, having kitchen in NW is surely not recommended.
    Never compromise on toilets & kitchen location. Rest of the things can be managed, but not these, especially since they shall remain in flats above/below you.

For NW entrance, there are remedies to reduce the impact & this issue is not of major concern either but the kitchen spoils everything. I won't recommend proceeding with this flat as remedies here won't be of major use, especially for kitchen.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by msg4gaurav
    Dear RA,

Please suggest which flat has better layout as per Vastu.

I need to choose a flat in Tower-C and on either one of corners.
    Only Tower-C has 4 BHK flats and too only on either side.

Attached is the site plan for whole complex and flats in question are highlighted. Please let me know if any further information is required.

Kindly suggest.

With Regrads,
    Gaurav

You have highlighted 2 flats. Both are in sub-direction based on the direction mentioned. The right hand side is clearly big no.
    For bottom one in C wing, you need to see angle of deviation as it isn't clear here.
    Apart from this, the M.bed is in SE with toilets & cut in SW.
    As SW is affected, it is better to avoid this flat.

In short, both the flats highlighted by you aren't good as per Vaastu & best to be avoided.
    Keep scouting, you will find better options. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by peeyush005
    Thanks. Now i will not waste my time on this society. I already taken one in this area in different society. But after reading posts on this thread i dropped the idea of shifting there. Will keep searching unit which sud be good as per vastu and i will keep taking your help. Thanks a ton realacre

Good to see this. Wish you all the best for your house hunt. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bharatjadhav
    Hi RA,

In this case, please do following :-

For bedroom :-

> For m.bath, ensure you don't use tiles which are blue or black in color. Keep it color neutral like cream or opt for maroonish/brown shades,

> The curtains & furniture too should be in shades or brown,

> Place a bowl of raw salt in m.bath (can be put in window sill) & change it every 15 days. Throw this salt outside the house (preferably outside the society),

> The use of water here should be min, so avoid bathing here, use of wash basin is ok,

> Install geyser in this bathroom & use it sometimes to heat water. You can use this water for basin,

> The preferred bulb color here is red. Do get something like this installed. Ofcourse, this may look odd but there are lighting fixtures available in market in LEDs which offer upto 7 colors. So you can buy this & use red light atleast for half hour in a day,

> Place rose quartz crystal in the bedroom near the m.bath. It can be kept directly on some table or you can make a stand & place in on it or in a bowl. Just ensure it is not kept on floor,

> The placement of bed should be in SW part of the bedroom, while the wardrobes/cupboards should be in South or West of the room. Keep North wall open, though you can have dressing table with mirror on North wall, just ensure that bed is not visible in mirror, & if it does, cover mirror by cloth or curtain before going to sleep at night.

For M.bed terrace :-

> The tiles of the terrace here should be in brown or shades or brown in color,

> Keep atleast 2 palm plants in earthen pots here, in south wall (and do ensure you put some plywood or some shade so that direct sunrays especially in summers don't harm these palm tress), even better if you can get terrace covered,

> The terrace here should be made heavier either by pots or some artefacts.

Apart from this, place a tulsi sapling (prefer a tulsi vrindavan) in the terrace attached to living in NE part of this terrace. This is also a good place if you want to place a swing/jhoola here. This terrace has to be lighter than one attached to M.bed.

Last but not the least, place a Rudrakasha in a yellow colored Toran on main entrance door.

This shall help you a lot.
    All the best & god bless. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cvs9903
    Dear Realacres,

Regards,

cvs9903

Sat234 has said many right things.

Considering the house is North facing, here are the things :-

> Stop using toilet in North, infact it is best if WC can be completely removed. You can use it for bathing purpose though,

> Place raw sea salt in bowl in this bathroom & replace it every 15 days. Throw this sea salt outside of the house, even better outside the society,

> The entrance door should be white-cream in colour & place a white, off-white or yellow color toran on it,

> It will be good if you can place an indoor water fountain either in living room in NE or on terrace,

> Place crystal quartz (sphatik stone) in kitchen in either glass or earthen bowl & cook facing East,

> The curtains for bedroom in SE needs to be red in color. Avoid using this bedroom & use it as spare or family room,

> The balcony attached to bedrooms in SW & NW should have some plants & be less open & heavy than balcony/terrace in East,

> Avoid putting lot of plants in pots in East balcony. If so, place it only towards south of it. Having tulsi vrindavan in NE here will be great. Do lit lamp & lit incense stick/agarbatthi daily,

> While sleeping, face the head towards South. Other option is East but only for kids,

> For minor cut in NE, having tulsi in NE + indoor water fountain here will help a lot. Also place a full size mirror in NE part of the living. This reducing the impact of NE cut to some extent as your virtually increase the area,

> Last but not the least, all wall clocks should be either on North or East wall. Same goes for mirrors. No wall clock should be present above the door.

Rest is fine. Do the above & revert with results.
    All the best. :)

Sat234,
    I use simple paint-brush which comes with scale !! Simple. :D
    CommentQuote
    You have highlighted 2 flats. Both are in sub-direction based on the direction mentioned. The right hand side is clearly big no.
    For bottom one in C wing, you need to see angle of deviation as it isn't clear here.
    Apart from this, the M.bed is in SE with toilets & cut in SW.
    As SW is affected, it is better to avoid this flat.

In short, both the flats highlighted by you aren't good as per Vaastu & best to be avoided.
    Keep scouting, you will find better options. :)

Dear RA,

Thanks for your time and analysis, we have already booked a 4 BHK flat in soft launch earlier. Few Days ago builder has given the flat/site layout and as quite some time has passed we thought that it might be good for end use now though initially it was purchased as an investment.

So we need to choose flat on either side.

I did tried to put both the flats again. Please see which will be better.

Thanks,
    Gaurav
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote