Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by suhel55
    Hi Realacers,

Please guide me for the below layout. This is the standard floor plan, which builder is giving to me.

However if I want I can ask the builder to change the floor layout to any of other 3 given options. Please let me know which one is good.

Thanks a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Suhel,

The orientation given by you is not correct, the direction you have marked is E,N,W & S. Which should be E,S,W & N at last, hence request you to kindly check with it & confirm.

Best Regards,
    RAJNIKANT
    CommentQuote
  • Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Hi RA, pl give your sound advice as to which of the two apartments are more compliant with Vastu principals.

Pl note my initial assessment for the flat on left:

1. The toilet in north will be converted to Washing Area.
    2. Kitchen in North
    3. Toilets in Brahmsthan
    4. Master Bedroom in west
    5. Kids room in south

Pl suggest remedies, if any, to make above compatible. Thanks

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=44099

Sent from my iPad
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jaimika
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Suhel,

The orientation given by you is not correct, the direction you have marked is E,N,W & S. Which should be E,S,W & N at last, hence request you to kindly check with it & confirm.

Best Regards,
    RAJNIKANT

Hello Rajnikant,

Well my actual flat layout is mirror imgae of the layout I posted before. I am posting now the mirror images of all the options. Now the directions will look correct.

Thanks,
    Suhel
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    Hello Rajnikant,

Well my actual flat layout is mirror imgae of the layout I posted before. I am posting now the mirror images of all the options. Now the directions will look correct.

Thanks,
    Suhel

Dear Suhel,

As per your final lay out, some observations are as under.

1) complete Energy axis from NE, To SW is badly effected, due to cut in NE, Bed & cupbord almost in Brahma (Center of the house), & cut in South to SW.
    2) Both option no.2-3 has Toilet & kitchen in North of NE is most alarming.
    there are others points which are against vastu, but only above to points are enough to avoide the above flat & scout for new according to vastu.

Still I instist You to take advice of our friend RA,
    Thanks
    RAJNIKANT
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jaimika
    Dear Suhel,

As per your final lay out, some observations are as under.

1) complete Energy axis from NE, To SW is badly effected, due to cut in NE, Bed & cupbord almost in Brahma (Center of the house), & cut in South to SW.
    2) Both option no.2-3 has Toilet & kitchen in North of NE is most alarming.
    there are others points which are against vastu, but only above to points are enough to avoide the above flat & scout for new according to vastu.

Still I instist You to take advice of our friend RA,
    Thanks
    RAJNIKANT

Hi Rajnikant,

Could you clarify what indicates a 'cut' in a segment after drawing the 3x3 segment over the layout? I will appreciate if you could use above example as per your explanation. Thanks

Sent from my iPad
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Friends

Please see the layout of my flat.

Your valuable suggestions are most welcome.

Thank You
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Bore-well in South East

Hi RA and Friends,
    I am planning to construct house on my plot.
    It is a corner Plot with Road on the East and North side of the plot .
    The Borewell is present on the South east part of the plot .

Can you please suggest remedies/ alteration to overcome the ill effects of Bore in the south east as we would like to use the existing borewell . would n't want to drill another bore .

All Your inputs and suggestions will be of great help.

thanks
    saigeetha
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

Could you pls give an expert adv basis my flat layout. Apart from the Entrance, I find whole lot of positive aspects to this flat. Your comments pls....
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Capt Vats
    Dear RA,

Could you pls give an expert adv basis my flat layout. Apart from the Entrance, I find whole lot of positive aspects to this flat. Your comments pls....

Inputs from other well learned friends most welcomed...
    CommentQuote
  • Plan 1 & plan 2 - plz suggest which one is better

Originally Posted by realacres
    Vaastu shastra, which means the science of the land, built area, is an ancient Indian architectural science. It is the study of the forces of nature and their effect on an individual's immediate environment. This science is perfectly in tune with the natural laws and lays down the rules to create harmonious environs for living by connecting the individual with the cosmic forces surrounding us.

Vaastu Shastra is divided into seven main parts:-

Method of soil testing.
    Selection of suitable land and finding out its directions.
    The division of land into squares.
    Method of construction.
    Placement of entrance gate.
    Knowledge of construction of temples.
    Knowledge of construction of palaces.

Vaastu Shastra is based on the laws of gravitational forces, magnetic forces, flow of electric current, flow of wind and water, and takes into account the importance of the sun's rays also known as the solar energy. The proper effect of all these in necessary to keep good health and balance of mind.

Vaastu is an ancient architectural tradition of India based on the Vedas. Vaastu developed its building technology on the fundamental premise that the earth or soil is a living organism out of which other living creatures and organic forms emerge.

Vaastu by tradition is the life force contained within the earth. Vaastu also means living space or dwelling space. Vaastu is the individual site or land identified for a village or neighborhood. Vaastu is also the building enclosure.

Man does not inhabit this earth alone; he inhabits akasham or space. He is linked with his Shakti or energy to other energy form. He is part of a movement, a cycle of life and death, which is known as Kaala (time). Space, Time and Energy are traditionally primed as existing in their free, unlimited state. Vaastu experts have not only devised an order pertaining to the creation of manifested space, but have also ascertained a link between time cycle and the life of a person.

Vaastu is not about magical cures but about the physical, psychological and spiritual order of the built environment and its consonance with the energies of the cosmic universe.

The science of Vaastu revolves around the affect of the 5 elements (Panchbhuutas), on the human body.

The 5 Elements (Panchbhuutas)

Sky : Aakaash
    It is the unending (Anantha) region remote from the Earth, in which not only our Solar System, but the entire Galaxy (Brahmaand) exists. Its effective forces are light, heat, gravitational force and waves, magnetic field and others. Its main charecterstic is Shabda (Sound).

Air : Vaayu
    Atmosphere of the Earth which is about 400 kms, in depth and consists of 21% Oxygen (Praan Vaayu), Nitrogen 78%, Carbon Dioxide, Helium, other kinds of gases, dust particles, humidity and vapor in certain proportion. Life of human beings, plants and animals and even fire depends on this. Its main characteristics are Shabda and Sparsha (Touch).

Fire : Agni
    Represents light and heat of fire (burning), lightning, volcanic or plutonic heat, the heat of fever or inflammation, energy, days and nights, seasons and other aspects of solar system, and also enthusiasm, ardor, passion, spirited vigor. Its main characteristics are Shabda, Sparsha and Roopa (Form).

Water : Jal
    This is represented by rain, river, sea and is in the form of liquid, ice, and gas steam, cloud. It is a combination of hydrogen and oxygen in the ratio of two to one, perfectly neutral in reaction. In every plant and life on Earth, water exists in certain proportion and its main characteristics are Shabda, Sparsha, Roopa and Rasa (taste).

Earth : Bhumi
    Earth, the third planet in order form the Sun, is a big magnet with north and south poles as centers of attractions. Its magnetic field and gravitational force have telling effects on everything on Earth whether living or non-living. It is tilted by about 23° at the meridian of its either side for six months called Uttaraayana and Dakshinaayana and rotates on its own axis from West to East resulting in day and night. Its one orbit around sun takes 365 days (1 year). Three fourths of Earth's surface is water and one fourth is land. Its main characteristics are Shabda, Sparsha, Roopa, Rasa, and Guna (quality).

Hi RA,

Please suggest which one should I opt for out of the two - I am planning to buy a flat purely for end use of my family (any of the tower T4 TO T12)44469

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=44470

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=44471H]44469

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=44470...so I will be really gratefull if you kindly advise me...

Best Regards,
    Nimisha...so I will be really gratefull if you kindly advise me...

Best Regards,

Best Regards,

Best Regards,
    Nimisha
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Plz advise

Originally Posted by realacres
    Thanks for the kind words. :)

What your friend has said is considered in case of extension in this area & that too by using silver strip & not copper. Here you need something which will cut the ill-effect of fire + water imbalance in SE from entering the bedroom.

For your case, you need to put rose crystal quartz near the bathroom wall in bedroom.
    And yes, you should not use it as bathroom in anycase as you are adding water to fire.
    Incase of emergency, at max you can use only toilet & that too if really required.
    Best is to forget that you have toi/bath attached here.

Hi RA,

I am still waiting for advise for my last query..whether to op for plan 1 or plan 2...kindly suggest..i have very limited time

Best Regards,
    Nimisha
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001
    Hi RA, pl give your sound advice as to which of the two apartments are more compliant with Vastu principals.

Pl note my initial assessment for the flat on left:

1. The toilet in north will be converted to Washing Area.
    2. Kitchen in North
    3. Toilets in Brahmsthan
    4. Master Bedroom in west
    5. Kids room in south

Pl suggest remedies, if any, to make above compatible. Thanks

Both are bad as per Vaastushastra. One has toilet in NE, other has major cut in NE.
    Add to it toilets in Brahmasthan & poorly located kitchen.

Overall, not worth to buy either of the two. Scout for better option.
    All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
    Hello Rajnikant,

Thanks,
    Suhel

What Rajnikant said is correct.
    And to to sum it up, due to major cut in NE, avoid buying the flat in any of the combination.
    Absence or major cut in NE is like head-less body. Hope you see the severity of the issue.
    Avoid buying it any cost.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitknl
    Dear Friends

Please see the layout of my flat.

Your valuable suggestions are most welcome.

Thank You

Major cut in NE,
    Part of common toilet in brahmasthan & 1 toilet in SW.

Due to poor NE & SW alongwith infected centre/brahmasthan, the energy axis of house is highly disturbed which leads to health & financial problems.
    Avoid buying this flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gswami
    Hi RA and Friends,
    I am planning to construct house on my plot.
    It is a corner Plot with Road on the East and North side of the plot .
    The Borewell is present on the South east part of the plot .

Can you please suggest remedies/ alteration to overcome the ill effects of Bore in the south east as we would like to use the existing borewell . would n't want to drill another bore .

All Your inputs and suggestions will be of great help.

thanks
    saigeetha

Having road on North & East is very auspicious but borewell in SE is disastrous.
    Having borewell or underground water tank leads to health problems especially amongst women in the house. It also leads to severe delays in case of marriages, career etc.
    Overall health of residents in such house remains always weak & they keep complaining about health problems on regular basis.

There is no good solution for this problem. You have to fill it up, & make a new one in NE.
    Not doing this will lead to delay in construction of house to start with.
    CommentQuote