Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by shilpihennur
    Dear RA

I really appreciate the kind of efforts you take in giving your valuable insight. It's quite informative and enlightening especially for first time home buyers. After seeing all your helpful posts, I am encouraged to seek your valued opinion.

Could you please let me know your opinion on the attached plan and provide valuable feedback regarding its vastu compliance?

Also please provide some advise on the location of the mandir?

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thank you once again for spreading ancient wisdom.

Thanks
    Shilpi

Dear Shilpi,

There is a deviation in angle from the main directions as seen on floor plan & the direction marked respectively. Can you please let us know what the angle of deviation is ??

The ideal location of mandir is NE, followed by North & last option being East.
    So, centre of North to NE & from NE corner to centre of East, you can have anywhere.

Place the idols facing west so that while you pray, you face East.
    All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    - toilets in west - very good ? or good? (or south is better? RealAcres, your inputs. I remember a previous post saying bath/toi in S,SW,W are okay).

Sat234,

The ideal position of toilets is NW (not touching North wall though)-West & second option is South.
    If one has pure bathroom (no toilet), then it is best to have it on East.

SW bath/toi are not good as this is earth element & the positive energy which flows from NE & Brahmasthan is halted by SW to remain inside the house. Due to toi in SW, the area is disturbed & the good energy is drained out. Those who have good house as per Vastu & only issue is toi/bath in SW, you will find that despite having everything, they will be confused or feel empty & think that many things are missing from their lives. For no reason, some delays will keep taking place, especially related to marriage & personal lives. The toi in SW is the culprit.
    Hope this helped & good to see you posting here too. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bharatjadhav
    Hi RA,

Thanks for sharing your Valuable Expertise which will help me in getting Peace of Mind when I move into my New Home
    Thanks Again!!
    God Bless You!!

Thanks a lot for your kind words man. :)
    Ensure that you shift into house only after performing house warming ceremony. This is critical.
    I have seen people shift in their house without performing such poojas as the 'Mahurat' or auspicious time is bit far away. This is not at all recommended. It is better to pay rent for some more months till you get auspicious time to perform the vaastupooja & then shift in.
    All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rajesh001
    Hi All,

I am planning to buy Row House which has road on east but
    Plot is extended in Northwest.
    Northwest has Public toilet.
    Internal Staircase is constructed on North Side - heavy
    Water Tank is situated on terrace on South
    Kitchen is in NorthWest
    Internal wc are on south side
    Big balcony is in NorthWest
    One BedRoom in in NorthEast
    One bedroom is in Southwest
    One bedroom is in Northwest
    Please guide is such a row house could be bought as I have liked it.What are the negative effetcs ? What is the remdy for such defects ?

Thanks and Regards,
    Raju

Plot has extended in NW or there is cut in major North & NE ? I need floor plan for the same.
    Public toilets nearby are not recommended as it is source of bad energy,
    Staircase in North leads to financial problems. Toilet, staircase or kitchen in North is bad for finances.
    Kitchen in NW makes things explosive, so even on petty matters, there is quarrels within family members, more so between husband & wife.

Overall, not very happy to give go ahead for this RH. Please search for something better.
    All the best man. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by meragharonda
    Please comment about this floor plan. apt is east facing in winter or NE in summer, If i check sun rising position in sun calc.
    Two corners, NE and SW are cut

NE & SW is cut. So what remains in the house ?
    This is like a human body not having head & limbs.
    Avoid it all costs.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by adgsunke
    Dear RA

I plan to rent a flat with attached floor plan. Request advice

House is in sub-direction with toilet in N-NE.
    Add to it cut & entrance in SW, things get even bad.
    Avoid it, be it for rent or purchase.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by meragharonda
    Sorry, SE in summers.

BTW, almost every apt has corners cut. If someone buying in resale it is even more difficult

SE in summers ??

As said before, SW cut with entrance in same location & toilet in N-NE makes things bad, not to forget sub-direction orientation of flat.

Yes, many flats have cuts but one can do some remedies for cut in NW & SE but nothing can be done for NE & SW. So one should ensure that cuts, if any, are not there in NE & SW.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ganeshsam14
    I m planning to book a flat which have entrance in North west, master bedroom in South west, kitchen in South east, second bedroom in north east, and have balcony and service area in east and there is no building but a park on east side. Also remaining flats are on the west side of block. Someone please share ur ideas on this flat..

Entrance in NW means North facing in NW or West facing in NW ?
    And please put floor plan, many times what people say West can be SW & what is East can be SE. And what about centre or Brahmasthan ? What is there here ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rajesh001
    Even I tried ..but found none.Actually there is no end to Vastu says one builder ..100% vastu ..builidng ..very difficult.Leave some neutral points is what I have been told.

Agreed & this is true for Pune. While in Chennai & H'bad there are good Vaastu +ve houses as it is the demand of buyers which forces builders to look into these aspects.
    Though in flat one may not get 100% Vaastu complaincy, one should see that atleast NE-Brahmasthan-SW is full of positivity with special emphasis on entrance door, bath/toi & kitchen.

Search man, you will find one. This is just like marriage, you see tens or hundreds of girls amongst lacs but end up marrying one. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Hi realacres,

Thanks for ur response.. Its west facing and the entrance is in north corner of the flat.. Cant attach flat plan from .. Will share it tonight.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Real Acres,

Today chanced upon to see your valuable posts and would try to get your valuable feedback reg. the Vaastu Compliance for my flat no. 1 in Block F in Gulshan Ikebana Project, Sectro 143, Noida. Main Entry as I perceive is from East-South East side! I am attaching the layout of the society and also the flat layout.

Await your valuable inputs! Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Maneesh
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    As per the attachment in your older post, there is toilet in Brahmasthan & this is not at all desirable. So, avoid it.

As far as this is concerned, though it looks good prima facie, I still need the floor plan. Even slightest miscalculation can be disastrous.
    Let me know once you upload the floor plan of flat, will give readings after that.
    Cheers.

Thanks RA...
    Well the flat with toilet in Bramhasthan is something I might have to buy. So any remedies to fix the issue would be helpful. (Sea Salt etc??)

Regarding the other floor plan, here it is.
    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=47026

While there are many things going in favour for this floor plan, my major concerns are...
    1. Two toilets in SW
    2. Third toilet adjacent to Kitchen with stove on the shared wall
    3. Dining facing toilet (partition wall would help??)
    4. Master bed not in SW

We would have to make a call regd these properties in a week's time. So any guidance in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    RnR
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    Agreed & this is true for Pune. While in Chennai & H'bad there are good Vaastu +ve houses as it is the demand of buyers which forces builders to look into these aspects.
    Though in flat one may not get 100% Vaastu complaincy, one should see that atleast NE-Brahmasthan-SW is full of positivity with special emphasis on entrance door, bath/toi & kitchen.

Search man, you will find one. This is just like marriage, you see tens or hundreds of girls amongst lacs but end up marrying one. :D

Thanks a lot Realacres,

The following comments are highly valuable.
    "one should see that atleast NE-Brahmasthan-SW is full of positivity with special emphasis on entrance door, bath/toi & kitchen" .

Cheers !
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Realacres,
    I need some advice on the following floor plan.The one highlighted in green (flat 04) is the one I am considering to buy.Should I go for it?
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    Sat234,

The ideal position of toilets is NW (not touching North wall though)-West & second option is South.
    If one has pure bathroom (no toilet), then it is best to have it on East.

SW bath/toi are not good as this is earth element & the positive energy which flows from NE & Brahmasthan is halted by SW to remain inside the house. Due to toi in SW, the area is disturbed & the good energy is drained out. Those who have good house as per Vastu & only issue is toi/bath in SW, you will find that despite having everything, they will be confused or feel empty & think that many things are missing from their lives. For no reason, some delays will keep taking place, especially related to marriage & personal lives. The toi in SW is the culprit.
    Hope this helped & good to see you posting here too. :)

Thanks RealAcres,

Just trying to contribute and help fellow buyers. I am not an expert in Vastu, but I can pitch in a bit.

In my six months of almost constant search, I have found that there is no 100% vastu compliant property in Pune. I have mentally accepted that I will have to adjust and improvise. The 3bhk place where I am currently (and I dont recall the vastu of flats I have lived in earlier) has less than 50% vastu compliance. NE cut 80% (bad), part kitchen in NE and E (bad i think), room in E used as study (not sure if good), room in S/SW (good), master bed in SE (bad), entrance NW quadrant facing N(okay), part of living and passage in center(good), common bath in W. And I am doing okay. Whatever I will buy will be atleast better than this, so I think I should be fine.
    If one wants a 100% perfect home, then buy a plot and build. I believe the havelis you see in the movies with open space and Tulsi plant in center, are probably 100% compliant. I need to be really rich to build a 100% Vastu compliant home, don't I ? And maybe thats the reason why the Thakur in the Haveli, even though a tyrant, would do well for many years until the hero comes and kicks him :) as per the movies. He had good Vastu.

I know someone in my home town who tore down his bungalow twice to attain Vastu perfection (and I doubt if he is still happy with the end result). I wont be able to do that. If I avoid absolutely forbidden things, I should go ahead. The happiest people on earth may not live in 100% Vastu compliant homes. Probably their good karma overrides everything else. I hope mine does.

In my home town, my home (a large RH) faces south (entrance on south wall), along with 7 other homes in same row, each with individual floor plans. Only two are doing okay (incl. mine) the rest are not (maybe my karma overriding?). Two of those are locked, two have converted to commercial and started shops, one is doing good in business but one of the two sons is divorced and remarried and happy now, another RH had five brothers living there who quarreled frequently and have split, only one brother staying there now.

The row across the road faces north. Even though those RHs are smaller in area, the people living there are more prosperous than people facing south, even though their homes might not necessarily be even 50% Vastu compliant.

Just another thought - Does Vastu work in reverse in the southern hemisphere? Will Vastu principles hold in the polar regions? No, I am not going to Antarctica or Australia :) , it is a theoretical question. I wanted to validate my own thoughts and perceptions. I am trying to find a logical and scientific explanation. For example - why should brahmasthan be open. An open Brahmasthan means there is daylight in the whole palace/haveli throughout the day. They did not have electric lights two centuries ago. More daylight means less irritation factor in the life of the resident. Electric lights cannot replace the benefits of sunlight though.

Another query - I have seen one 3bhk flat in Wakad. Entrance is NE facing E, center is living plus passage with part of common bath (will not use bath), master bed with attach bath in SW (with cut). One room in S. Other room in W. Cuts in NW and N. Living balcony in SE. Large living stretches from E to center. Kitchen in NE adjoining entrance lobby.
    Will it be better than my current? Sorry, I do not have floor plan right now. I will post both my current and intended purchase floor plans in few days when you are free. After having grown up in a south facing home (not without the sukh dukhs of life) and doing fine, I think I will go for something more positive and do just fine.
    CommentQuote