Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1784 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi RA,

Have a quick question for you.

How does vastu apply in case of jodi flats? individual flat basis or a single combined unit?

Thanks,
    RnR
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Maneesh Seth
    Hi Real Acres,

Today chanced upon to see your valuable posts and would try to get your valuable feedback reg. the Vaastu Compliance for my flat no. 1 in Block F in Gulshan Ikebana Project, Sectro 143, Noida. Main Entry as I perceive is from East-South East side! I am attaching the layout of the society and also the flat layout.

Await your valuable inputs! Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Maneesh

From the project layout itself, it can be seen that except for club house, entire cluster of buildings is in sub-direction & in this case, the angle of deviation is easily over 30 degrees.
    Therefore, entire project i.e. all flats here face Vaastudosha called Vidisha & it is highly recommended to avoid such properties as there is severe imbalance of energies in it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ganeshsam14
    Hi realacres,

Thanks for ur response.. Its west facing and the entrance is in north corner of the flat.. Cant attach flat plan from .. Will share it tonight.

Please upload it using 'Manage Attachment' option below submit reply button.
    Note that if image is of big size, there will be issues in uploading, so better scale it down & then upload it. Ideally, prefer file in .jpg or .gif format.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rocknrolls
    Thanks RA...
    Well the flat with toilet in Bramhasthan is something I might have to buy. So any remedies to fix the issue would be helpful. (Sea Salt etc??)

As said before, there is no remedy for major defects in NE-Brahmasthan-SW. So, you have to avoid it. Staying in such properties gives ailment related to kidneys, liver & digestion problem coupled with depressive behaviour. Hence, avoid it.

While there are many things going in favour for this floor plan, my major concerns are...
    1. Two toilets in SW
    2. Third toilet adjacent to Kitchen with stove on the shared wall
    3. Dining facing toilet (partition wall would help??)
    4. Master bed not in SW

For 3, you have given solution, so no issues,
    For 4, the M.bed is in South which is 2nd option after SW & hence is not a problem.

Biggest problem is toilet, not just 1 but 2 in SW & as said above, there is no remedy for major defects in NE-Brahmasthan-SW. With such damaged SW, the good or positive energy won't stay in house & this leads to instability in life & delay in decision making. Money though will come in will flow out resulting in poor savings.

Never ever compromise if property is in sub-direction &/or has defects in NE-Brahmasthan-SW.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by centrum
    Hello Realacres,
    I need some advice on the following floor plan.The one highlighted in green (flat 04) is the one I am considering to buy.Should I go for it?

Entrance is South facing in SW alongwith toilet in N-NE.
    It is best to avoid such house at all cost as it leads to severe downfall financially as well as health-wise.
    Don't buy it even if given for free.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rocknrolls
    Hi RA,

Have a quick question for you.

How does vastu apply in case of jodi flats? individual flat basis or a single combined unit?

Thanks,
    RnR

In jodi flats i.e. when you combine 2 flats together, you need to see combined unit as one.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi realacres,

PFA the floor plan. Entrance is west facing. Please share ur valuable comments.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ganeshsam14
    Hi realacres,

PFA the floor plan. Entrance is west facing. Please share ur valuable comments.

Where is floor plan ?

Btw, Sat234,

Will reply to your queries in detail.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Where is floor plan ?

Btw, Sat234,

Will reply to your queries in detail.

Thanks a lot RealAcres,

No problems, will wait.

Just got another theory - Kitchen in SE corner means wind from SW (summer) or NE (winter) will enter one window of kitchen and go out the other, thus clearing smoke and CO2 naturally. The alternate kitchen location (NW) also has the same property. Wind can clear the smoke here. If kitchen in S, W, SW, then smoke will enter the whole home during summer.

Of course, just my theories.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Realacres,
    Im planning to shift to my house in next couple of months after identifying good Mahaurat followed by puja at new premises, therefore before that I would appreciate if you could give your opinion on lay out of my flat which is attached for your ready reference. Your valuable input along with some remedies , if required, shall be of great help to me
    Looking forward to your early response & Thank you in anticipation.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Thanks a lot for your kind words man. :)
    Ensure that you shift into house only after performing house warming ceremony. This is critical.
    I have seen people shift in their house without performing such poojas as the 'Mahurat' or auspicious time is bit far away. This is not at all recommended. It is better to pay rent for some more months till you get auspicious time to perform the vaastupooja & then shift in.
    All the best. :)

Hi RA,

Thanks for your Valuable Advise, I will definately perform the vaastupooja & then Move in..

Thanks & God Bless you for your Movement in Helping people & creating Awareness about our Strong Principles of Vastu Shastra & Its Goodness to Mankind !!
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

I (as a buyer) have come across a 3BHK (7-8 years old) flat # 215 with floor plan attached showing north facing entrance.
    Its location in the Key plan of the building is shown in gop_RP plan p02.jpg file. I hope that from this, assessments about 'cuts' could be made (that's all my poor learning about vastu as of day).

Can you please give your opinion about this flat.

thanks
    vin
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Thanks a lot RealAcres,

No problems, will wait.

Just got another theory - Kitchen in SE corner means wind from SW (summer) or NE (winter) will enter one window of kitchen and go out the other, thus clearing smoke and CO2 naturally. The alternate kitchen location (NW) also has the same property. Wind can clear the smoke here. If kitchen in S, W, SW, then smoke will enter the whole home during summer.

Of course, just my theories.

The flow of wind changes from place to place. It is not the same across the geography.
    However, the place of 'Agni' is in SE, irrespective of location & hence kitchen has to be in SE.
    Kitchen in NW is explosive, not good for marital relationship as it leads to loss in harmony.
    CommentQuote
  • First of all, good thoughts Sat234 & appreciate that you keep learning. :)
    Lemme clear some of your doubts :-

Originally Posted by Sat234
    In my six months of almost constant search, I have found that there is no 100% vastu compliant property in Pune. I have mentally accepted that I will have to adjust and improvise. The 3bhk place where I am currently (and I dont recall the vastu of flats I have lived in earlier) has less than 50% vastu compliance. NE cut 80% (bad), part kitchen in NE and E (bad i think), room in E used as study (not sure if good), room in S/SW (good), master bed in SE (bad), entrance NW quadrant facing N(okay), part of living and passage in center(good), common bath in W. And I am doing okay. Whatever I will buy will be atleast better than this, so I think I should be fine.

As of now, you are staying in rented property, where you get 33% effect (good or bad) while owner gets 67%. So, even though your current flat is hopeless, the bad impact is of only 30-33%. If you would have purchased this flat, things would be very bad.

Btw, study in East is good & kitchen in East is also ok (but ensure it doesn't fall in NE).

If one wants a 100% perfect home, then buy a plot and build. I believe the havelis you see in the movies with open space and Tulsi plant in center, are probably 100% compliant. I need to be really rich to build a 100% Vastu compliant home, don't I ?

Though what you have said is true, Vaastu compliant flats are also built in cities like Chennai & Hyderabad where buyer demand for such flats is very high.
    See this floor plan, all flats are Vaastu positive (left side is North). Fact is building flats as per Vaastushastra is possible, if builder has a will to do so. If builders in H'bad, Chennai can do it, why can't rest of builders in country ?

I know someone in my home town who tore down his bungalow twice to attain Vastu perfection (and I doubt if he is still happy with the end result). I wont be able to do that. If I avoid absolutely forbidden things, I should go ahead. The happiest people on earth may not live in 100% Vastu compliant homes. Probably their good karma overrides everything else. I hope mine does.

SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING, good karmas alongwith good prarabdha will give you good Vaastu compliant home. Simple.

Just another thought - Does Vastu work in reverse in the southern hemisphere? Will Vastu principles hold in the polar regions? No, I am not going to Antarctica or Australia :) , it is a theoretical question. I wanted to validate my own thoughts and perceptions. I am trying to find a logical and scientific explanation.

Vaastushastra is based on panchmahabhut. Does property of water, fire, air, earth or sky changes as per geography ? Does water gives different result to your body when in US or in India ? Does sunrises in North in Southern hemisphere ? Or does gravitational force or magnetic energy changes from North-South to East-West elsewhere ?

Man, laws of nature are universal, it has nothing to do with country, people, caste, religion etc. as they are all man made. Same is case with Vaastu, its universal. Many NRIs in Europe & US have built homes as per Vaastushastra & reaping its benefits.

They did not have electric lights two centuries ago. More daylight means less irritation factor in the life of the resident. Electric lights cannot replace the benefits of sunlight though.

UV rays, IR rays are not there in bulb, CFL, LED etc. Sunlight is one which gives vitamin D, not halogen lamp. Photsynthesis in plants takes place only due to sunlight, not by any type of lamp.

And even if there were no electric lamps, they did have oil lamps & 'Mashaals'.

Vaastushastra holds true thousands of year back & shall be true thousands of years later. It will be true as long as this planet exists.

Another query - I have seen one 3bhk flat in Wakad. Entrance is NE facing E, center is living plus passage with part of common bath (will not use bath), master bed with attach bath in SW (with cut). One room in S. Other room in W. Cuts in NW and N. Living balcony in SE. Large living stretches from E to center. Kitchen in NE adjoining entrance lobby.
    Will it be better than my current? Sorry, I do not have floor plan right now. I will post both my current and intended purchase floor plans in few days when you are free. After having grown up in a south facing home (not without the sukh dukhs of life) and doing fine, I think I will go for something more positive and do just fine.

Toilet in Brahmastha, cut in North, SW alongwith toilet in SW are very bad.
    And even if you don't use toi in centre, people will use in flat above/below you, so bad energy will persist. Add to it kitchen in NE, which makes things even worse.

As said before, don't compromise on any defect in NE-Brahmasthan-SW axis.

** Will reply to other members query shortly.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Realacres,

My family has recently moved to a new house and we are just starting to furnish. I was hoping you could give us some tips for decorating the house to counteract anything bad. I have attached the pictures of the floor plan.

The living room, dining room and the hallway have wooden floor. The kitchen, Wc and bathroom have tile and every other room is carpet.

Also the 1st bedroom and child's bedroom has a slope as shown in the pictures. Is this anything bad? Thank you so much in advance.

Amar
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote