Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Just another quick thought.. reply when you have time after responding to members queries here.

More of my theories about Vaastu.
    The magnetic north of the earth is offset by a few degrees from the real north pole. That is why only a few degrees offset from actual north south alignment are allowed in Vastu.

Life on earth has evolved under the effect of the earth's magnetic field and also protected by it (solar ionic radiation is deflected by the magnetic field, often causing auroras at the poles). So my assumption is that the magnetic field of earth is required by the body. Even when you walk, there is current generated in the body due to earth's magnetic field, even though it might be less than a microvolt.

Yes, its all science. We do have electricity, remember that stick, wool & wood scraps from pencil we did in school ?

Most importantly, the max component of out body is blood & liquid. Blood contain haemoglobin which is nothing but iron. Iron is impacted by magnetic fields & hence the directions more critical. While sleeping, when we say have head towards South, it just ensures that your body is aligned properly with magnetic forces of Earth & blood flow towards the brain is better, which results is sound sleep & relaxation to brain.

Man, I still don't know why people think Vaastushastra as some superstitious stuff, when it's science which is in its name itself :- Vaastu (place of dwelling) + Shastra (science).

Today's problem is too many commercial chaps have emerged who use this wonderful science purely for commercial purpose & sell third class pyramids & stuff like that which are of no use & is waste of money.
    Nothing can beat nature, no matter even if you place 1 million pyramids here & there.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Shrivio
    This website is incredible. I found it 3 days ago and have read posts over several years. Great stuff. Thank you to everyone who helps, esp RealAcres whose knowledge is mind boggling.

I am attaching a high-level plan for a house we are considering. Everything seems okay, but the garage is on the NE corner. It is part of the building (so there is no NE cut, in fact, the garage ensures that the NE protrudes out). Not sure this can be moved. Is there anything to be done? Is this okay? Is it a big deal if everything else is okay?

RA, please share your thoughts. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Request you to upload the layout plan of the project. Only garage in NE is not major issue.
    We need to location of house, septic tank, if any; under-ground water tank, location of bore-well, & also the internal floor plan of the house.

Kindly give these details so that precise analysis can be carried out.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by homhunt
    Hi RealAcres,

I like one house and society but before i take a final call, I thought let me take an expert advice for vastu, please find an attached layout which I draw myself.might not look professional but gives you an idea. Please share your thought freely, I am yet to close the deal. Eagerly waiting for an expert comments.

There is major cut & more importantly a bath/toilet in NE alongwith kitchen in N-NE.
    These 2 issues lead to severe downfall in life, be it health, wealth, career, academics etc.
    As NE is the one which is badly affected, there is no remedies for it either & hence it will best to avoid it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bharatjadhav
    Hi RA,

Thanks for your Valuable Advise, I will definately perform the vaastupooja & then Move in..

Thanks & God Bless you for your Movement in Helping people & creating Awareness about our Strong Principles of Vastu Shastra & Its Goodness to Mankind !!

Thanks for the kind words man. And if possible, do spread the word about Vaastushastra amongst your friends, relatives etc. Even if 1 person listens, you have helped him/her a lot. :)

Btw, my apologies to other members here. I was stuck in some work & personal issues, so couldn't reply in time.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi realacres, I am planning to buy a plot to construct house - but the SW part of the plot is cut as shown below.

Is there any remedy to resolve the ill effects of this - can I make South side Garden and shift house location to the center?
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    There is major cut & more importantly a bath/toilet in NE alongwith kitchen in N-NE.
    These 2 issues lead to severe downfall in life, be it health, wealth, career, academics etc.
    As NE is the one which is badly affected, there is no remedies for it either & hence it will best to avoid it.

Thanks realacres. Great knowledge sharing.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi realacres,

I have one flat which I purchased in 2009 from the builder and I was having no clue about that vaastu that time and decision was primarily because of the available flat that time. Please find an attached layout. Please give your thoughts for the same.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    There are major defects in this flat :-

> Major cut in NE,

> Kitchen in NE,

> Toilet in North.

Though locations of bedrooms are fine, the above issues are critical & hence this flat should not be purchased.

Thank you so much RealAcres Sir.
    CommentQuote
    Request you to upload the layout plan of the project. Only garage in NE is not major issue.
    We need to location of house, septic tank, if any; under-ground water tank, location of bore-well, & also the internal floor plan of the house.

Kindly give these details so that precise analysis can be carried out.

Will do. Trying to get the detailed plans and hope to get them later this week.

And thank you. Based on reading the posts here, I have a much better sense of Vastu. In fact a friend asked me about it and I pointed him to this board. I will help him post his plan too.

Your time and effort here are really valued. Thank you.
    CommentQuote
    Because the buyers here don't demand it from builder. People are more focussed on specs, amenities, swimming pools, Italian flooring, home automation, private elevators etc. but no one bothers about Vaastu. Even if 25-30% buyers demand flats as per Vaastu, builders will build them as they are doing in South India.

Exactly, hence Vaastushastra is applicable across the planet.

Even in India, we have Uttarayan & Dakshinayan. Similar things happens here, but what doesn't changes is the direction of sunrise & sunset, which then affects the properties of rays in terms of infrared & UV radiations for respective directions.

Though some difference is there, properties remain the same.
    Eg. If you place a pendulum clock at Mount Everest & other one at the base of it, there will be time difference of few mins after several decades as it difference in gravitational force affects the pendulum but again this is extremely minor.

And as far as wind is concerned, what we look at property of wind or rather oxygen content than anything else. Having well ventilated spaces with open areas in centre help the air channelling to flow better which is helpful for health.

Hope this clears most of the confusion.

Some builders don't even mention directions at all on their floor plan.
    And even if we forget Vaastu for time being, even practically it is difficult for buyer to get clear idea as to which rooms will get sunrise or areas which are going in duct etc.

In few cases, I have observed that the directions in floor plan & that on site varies by as much as 30-40 degrees .

So, even if one short lists a flat, ensure you have good compass & you take the directions by physically going to site.

Coming to your flat of interest, the orange one means flat 108/the one at bottom left, right ?
    If so, then it has major cut in NE (look at lift ducts) alongwith Kitchen in North.
    Cut in NE is like headless body & hence this flat should be avoided.

There are two floor plans. Yes, I am looking at 108 at bottom left.
    In the other one, I am looking at x01 number flats. It seems to have kitchen towards North again, but no cut in NE.
    CommentQuote
    Hi realacres,

I have one flat which I purchased in 2009 from the builder and I was having no clue about that vaastu that time and decision was primarily because of the available flat that time. Please find an attached layout. Please give your thoughts for the same.

Hi Realacres,

I truly appreciate your knowledge on this subject and discard the project which you suggest having issue related to vastu. This is own property and in NCR but now i move to Pune. In case you find any issue in Vastu, I will sell it othervise I want to keep it for a longer period for myself. Eagerly waiting for your reply. I am looking for a flat in Pune as well. will send you the layout for seeking your expert suggestion. looking forward for your continuous support as the way I got it so far.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Realacres,

I shortist one project which is round in shape and very different design. Please find an attached layout, builder is having very limited availability but seeking your expert advise for the best layout from vastu perspective. Will try to find the same or similar flat in other floor. Attached is the layout for odd floors for even floors the only difference is the tarrace. please advice.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by varunveer
    Hi realacres, I am planning to buy a plot to construct house - but the SW part of the plot is cut as shown below.

Is there any remedy to resolve the ill effects of this - can I make South side Garden and shift house location to the center?

It seems like your property is extended towards the West in the NW, which seems okay, based on this link - Vastu - sapt-hrishi (सप्त ऋषि)
    (go halfway down the page for the plot images)

This link has one thing wrong for sure - on the NE "Projected" image, they use a NE cut image (exact and, dangerous, opposite), so I don't know if the rest is right.

RA will be the best to advise, but wanted to share the link.

RA - I also heard/read that for odd shaped plots, a wall an be built inside to make it "good". This wall has to be high in the SW and come down as it heads towards the N and the East. Is this accurate?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by varunveer
    Hi realacres, I am planning to buy a plot to construct house - but the SW part of the plot is cut as shown below.

The house has to be in SW of the plot. So, run a copper plate atleast 1.5 ft below the ground & build a wall on it. This will give you a clear rectangular plot which is seen in green colour.
    You can have a small gate in NW wall from where you can enter this plot (blue). You can have Ashoka trees in South-SW for better results & palm trees in west.
    And if you feel by doing so, the plot size will become too small, then it will be better to buy some other plot in this layout. Cut or extension in SW is bad & hence better get the plot in proper square or rectangular shape before building the house.
    Please let me know if you have any queries.
    CommentQuote
    Hi realacres,

Major flaws here are :-

> North facing entrance in NW,
    > Kitchen in North-NW,
    > Toilet in SW.

As you have already purchase, some easy tips for you :-

> Get the entrance door done in white color. If it is in light colour like cream etc. then just have a white toran on the entrance door. Good to place a rudraksha in this toran,

> The kitchen should be in white & pastel green colour. Be it paint or furniture. Place a sphatik i.e. crystal quartz stone on kitchen platform & ensure that cooking is done facing East, 2nd option is West but never facing North (financial loss) or South (tamasik/evil thoughts & actions),

> The toilet in SW is best if not used. If unavoidable, ensure you place raw sea salt as well as some soil in a small pot on shelf or window of the bathroom. Tiles here should not be blue, black or red in colour,

> Place 'Tulsi' plant in the terrace attached to drawing in NE-E & lit a oil lamp here in evening. Use of chandan/loban incense sticks in house is recommended.

> Use raw sea salt in water for mopping the floor atleast thrice a week (daily use is best),

> Place palm plants in terrace attached to M.bed,

> A water body like indoor water fountain in drawing room in its North or East wall will also help to revitalise good energies in the house.

Kindly do the above & see the effects in 3 months & revert. Let me know if you have any queries.
    CommentQuote