Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
Reply
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    There are two floor plans. Yes, I am looking at 108 at bottom left.
    In the other one, I am looking at x01 number flats. It seems to have kitchen towards North again, but no cut in NE.

    Kitchen & toilets are very critical in house. Proper placements drains out bad energy & makes house healthier, improper one will drain out all positive energy out.
    Kitchen in North never lets financial prosperity to buyer. Even if rest of the things are good, money will flow in but cannot be retained & will get wasted. Hence, if you have not yet bought the house, avoid kitchen in North.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Shrivio
    Will do. Trying to get the detailed plans and hope to get them later this week.

    And thank you. Based on reading the posts here, I have a much better sense of Vastu. In fact a friend asked me about it and I pointed him to this board. I will help him post his plan too.

    Your time and effort here are really valued. Thank you.

    Sure, will help you both with your queries.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by homhunt
    Hi Realacres,

    I shortist one project which is round in shape and very different design. Please find an attached layout, builder is having very limited availability but seeking your expert advise for the best layout from vastu perspective. Will try to find the same or similar flat in other floor. Attached is the layout for odd floors for even floors the only difference is the tarrace. please advice.


    First of all, circular design is not recommended as there are no corners, no proper sides in the building.
    Other aspect is there are 2 staircases, both in brahmasthan or centre of building.
    Ofcourse, the above issue affects all the buyers here & not just one, so individual effect will be quite less, though it will be there.

    Coming to flats here, they too have circular elements in it, especially the terrace.
    Apart from this, if you see any flat, there is problem either with NE or SW or in some cases both. Also, entrance doors for most flats are not in proper segment/quadrant.

    The south entrance flat is bad; the North entrance flat has kitchen in N & toilet in NE; west entrance flat has cut & toi in SW; & east facing flat has entrance in E-SE alongwith toilet in NE.

    So, all the flats in this building (be it odd or even floors) should be avoided.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Kitchen & toilets are very critical in house. Proper placements drains out bad energy & makes house healthier, improper one will drain out all positive energy out.
    Kitchen in North never lets financial prosperity to buyer. Even if rest of the things are good, money will flow in but cannot be retained & will get wasted. Hence, if you have not yet bought the house, avoid kitchen in North.


    Thanks realacres

    I have not bought yet. But I might since there are no options. Any solutions to kitchen in north. And North East cuts?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Major flaws here are :-

    > North facing entrance in NW,
    > Kitchen in North-NW,
    > Toilet in SW.

    As you have already purchase, some easy tips for you :-

    > Get the entrance door done in white color. If it is in light colour like cream etc. then just have a white toran on the entrance door. Good to place a rudraksha in this toran,

    > The kitchen should be in white & pastel green colour. Be it paint or furniture. Place a sphatik i.e. crystal quartz stone on kitchen platform & ensure that cooking is done facing East, 2nd option is West but never facing North (financial loss) or South (tamasik/evil thoughts & actions),

    > The toilet in SW is best if not used. If unavoidable, ensure you place raw sea salt as well as some soil in a small pot on shelf or window of the bathroom. Tiles here should not be blue, black or red in colour,

    > Place 'Tulsi' plant in the terrace attached to drawing in NE-E & lit a oil lamp here in evening. Use of chandan/loban incense sticks in house is recommended.

    > Use raw sea salt in water for mopping the floor atleast thrice a week (daily use is best),

    > Place palm plants in terrace attached to M.bed,

    > A water body like indoor water fountain in drawing room in its North or East wall will also help to revitalise good energies in the house.

    Kindly do the above & see the effects in 3 months & revert. Let me know if you have any queries.

    Thanks a ton, realacres. I truly appreciate your knowledge and above all your willingness to support people. I am yet to get the possession of the flat from builder, might be I will get it in 2 or 3 months and I am not in the city any more but will surely do the all the things which you suggested. But, don't took me wrong asking this question. As I told, I am already move out from Delhi/NCR and don't know about my future to come back or not. When I bought this, i bought for staying purpose but during last few years situation got change. What you think, is this flat have major vaastu dosh? if yes, then i can think of selling it as well or based on your suggestions, ill effects can be cured completely. As per limited understanding of mine in this subject, all most all the flats are not completely as per vaastu. if i shown the layout before buying, will you recommend to buy with such solution or you suggest me to avoid?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

    As promised, I am attaching the floor plan of my friend's house. It is a rental house.

    After reading these boards, I see many issues.

    Issues -
    Ground floor:
    Road in South
    Entrance in SW (gate and door)
    Bathrooms in N and NE in ground floor (he says they can stop using NE one only)

    First floor:
    Bathroom in NE (hard to stop using bc of kid)
    Bathroom in SW, Master bath. They say they never use it for anything

    His wife had a major health issue last year (now resolved) and their lives have been very hectic. He says they work really hard but see almost no rewards for it. They have lived in the house for 2 years.

    Should I tell him to move out of the house? Since it is rental and it seems like the key SW/NE corners are not very good, it would be better to move soon than jeopardize their health and well being.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    First of all, circular design is not recommended as there are no corners, no proper sides in the building.
    Other aspect is there are 2 staircases, both in brahmasthan or centre of building.
    Ofcourse, the above issue affects all the buyers here & not just one, so individual effect will be quite less, though it will be there.

    Coming to flats here, they too have circular elements in it, especially the terrace.
    Apart from this, if you see any flat, there is problem either with NE or SW or in some cases both. Also, entrance doors for most flats are not in proper segment/quadrant.

    The south entrance flat is bad; the North entrance flat has kitchen in N & toilet in NE; west entrance flat has cut & toi in SW; & east facing flat has entrance in E-SE alongwith toilet in NE.

    So, all the flats in this building (be it odd or even floors) should be avoided.

    Hi Realacres,

    as per your suggestion, I left one apartment wherein the deal was almost final and then I shortlisted one more property which is again adviced to leave. I agree with your points and I read it in the previous blogs that we need to patient to find the right property, I am completely praticing that. but I need your continuous support to figure out a right property for me. Now, I need to stay some more time in my rented premisis, i would like to hear it from you that is it good or if i can make it more better or I need to find new rented accomodation till the time I will not find the good choice to buy. seeking your advice for the attached layout. Its a duplex flat and stairs are just next to kitchen and on first floor you have a similar one bedroom with attached bathroom as exactly the layout on the ground floor and we have a tarrace on first floor on top of the kitchen. Please advice.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

    I have to move and this is the rental that is in the correct price range.

    I am concerned about the Kitchen and Master Bedroom being swapped with the kitchen in SW and Master in SE. Door is also S facing. Are there any remedies that I can use?

    Will be living there for a year or so and want to minimize negative effects. Your help is much appreciated.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

    I am a new member here.After going through all the posts in this thread I should say that i am thoroughly fascinated by our ancient science vasthu shastra and also your in-depth knowledge and analysis regarding the same.
    I have attached the floor plan for an apartment we are looking to purchase. Kindly suggest your feedback. I have divided the plan into 3*3 matrix for your convenience.
    Thanks in advance :)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

    I Know this science is not that easy for me to get it straight but like to know few things like

    1) Which entrance is best or second best and which is completely NO case.
    2) Which side Kitchen is best or second best and which is completely NO case.
    3) Which side bedrooms are best or Second best and which side is completely NO Case.
    4) Same question for Toilets?
    5) if above conditions are met the best or second best, what else can be wrong which can lead to avoid recommendation of yours.

    Finally, once i validate the 5 mentioned points, I will seek your final approval after sending you the floor plan then only I make a final call to buy. Your support will be highly needed and appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,
    We are eagerly awaiting your feedback before going ahead with the purchase decision for the attached floor plan.

    1. Entrance is facing South in SE (Not the best, however it is acceptable i guess )
    2. Kitchen in SE section with cook-top facing East
    3. NE has living balcony- so no cuts there
    4. SW has master bedroom -Not Sure about the impact of the cut here
    5. Bhramasthan is mostly free with a small part of common bath (Will not use WC there)
    6. Planning to use the North bedroom as pooja cum study

    Except for the cut in SW and main entrance(south facing) we are happy with the project/builder etc. Do suggest if the vasthu parameters are bad enough to drop this floor plan.
    Thanks once again :)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by homhunt
    Hi RA,

    I Know this science is not that easy for me to get it straight but like to know few things like

    1) Which entrance is best or second best and which is completely NO case.
    2) Which side Kitchen is best or second best and which is completely NO case.
    3) Which side bedrooms are best or Second best and which side is completely NO Case.
    4) Same question for Toilets?
    5) if above conditions are met the best or second best, what else can be wrong which can lead to avoid recommendation of yours.

    Finally, once i validate the 5 mentioned points, I will seek your final approval after sending you the floor plan then only I make a final call to buy. Your support will be highly needed and appreciated.


    It is pretty vast. Even I do not know fully, but I will answer what I know for sure, by reading posts from RealAcres here.

    1. Entrance preferably are - East facing in NE quadrant.
    North Facing in NE quadrant.
    East facing in E quadrant
    North Facing in NW quadrant
    West facing in NW quadrant.

    Entrance in SW, S, SE quadrants facing south are absolutely NO. Not sure about facing W or E in Southern quadrants.

    2. SE for kitchen is best. NW is okay but not preferable. I do not know what others are preferable.

    3. SW, S and W bedrooms are best. Guest bedrooms may be in NW, N or E. (RealAcres, please correct me if wrong)

    4. W is preferable for baths. Bath/toi should never be in NE, N quadrants.

    5. No idea. I would like to know the answer too.

    Overall, your NE, Center, SW and the Entrance must be free from problems.

    RealAcres, I said what I know. pls correct me and add more.
    CommentQuote
  • meena22,

    >> 1. Entrance is facing South in SE (Not the best, however it is acceptable i guess )

    It is not acceptable. Highly unrecommended.

    Rest overall actually looks okay. I wonder if other positives can overcome this one negative. Realacres , please add more.
    CommentQuote
  • Regarding main entrance, I checked some of RAs previous posts where South of SE is ranked number 4 out of all the acceptable entrances ( see attached image ) .
    Since it was very difficult to find floor plans without major vasthu dhoshas we were ok with a south facing entrance.
    RA - pls clarify. Am I correct in assuming S of SE is acceptable per vasthu or should the position of door be away from corner (Agni moola) in South as shown in image?
    Thanks.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

    Would really appreciate any input regarding this rental house. Have to make a decision tomorrow.

    Many thanks.

    Originally Posted by Shrivio
    Dear RA,

    I have to move and this is the rental that is in the correct price range.

    I am concerned about the Kitchen and Master Bedroom being swapped with the kitchen in SW and Master in SE. Door is also S facing. Are there any remedies that I can use?

    Will be living there for a year or so and want to minimize negative effects. Your help is much appreciated.
    CommentQuote