Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Not so good taking into consideration the infra here. It may develop over long term but for self use, better to buy in areas having atleast developed basic infra. I would anyday prefer pradhikaran or areas around Sambhajinagar over moshi for self use as of now.

Given in Pune thread. Just search it, you will get loads of responses.

You have correctly drawn the squares & terrace has to be included as done rightly by you.

You can now clearly see that the staircase falls in the centre i.e. Brahmasthan of the flat, which is very bad.

The entrance of the flat too falls in Brahmasthan, which again is very bad.

Except for the location of M.bed & to large extent the toilets, nothing is good in this flat & having 2 major defects in Brahmasthan itself is very bad.

To conclude, better drop this flat.

Thanks for the reply.
    From your other post i divided the layout.
    Two more question;
    1) Hows the flat vastu (Excluding Big Terrace)?
    2) Builder has one more Big terrace just above the Flat. What will be its effect on Vastu if we go for Big Terrace above the Flat instead of Adjoining Big Terrace?

Also there is Water Tank Just above the staircase. Will that have effect on vastu of Flat?

Regards,
    Mahesh
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by maheshnale
    Thanks for the reply.
    From your other post i divided the layout.

Good, you are learning fast man :).

Two more question;
    1) Hows the flat vastu (Excluding Big Terrace)?

The good:-

M.bed is in SW,

North has terrace (open spaces),

Living area is in North-NE,

Entrance is in East,

Toilets are in South.

The bad:-

The major one:- NE has major cut, if you see C.bed is protruding when a line is drawn straight from terrace wall towards East side,

C.bed is in SE, infact, there should not be any bedroom in SE & if it is there, then it should not be used as bedroom,

Kitchen is in NW, though some consider this OK, but it is not good in reality & part of kitchen falls in North too. Also, the cooking platform is North facing which is bad.

2) Builder has one more Big terrace just above the Flat. What will be its effect on Vastu if we go for Big Terrace above the Flat instead of Adjoining Big Terrace?

If the terrace is common, don't worry; if it is private i.e. exclusively for you, then make sure there is no heavy weight especially over-head water tank at brahmasthan (centre) or NE. If it is plain, just like your attached terrace/balcony, then no need to worry, it won't affect Vastu of flat & it will be just like terrace of a bungalow, right ??

Also there is Water Tank Just above the staircase. Will that have effect on vastu of Flat?

It actually may fall in Brahmasthan of the building but I have seen many projects where water tank is near lift room which falls in centre. However, you need not worry about this much as your ownership is limited to your own flat & this tank is common to entire building so can be ignored, though some impact is there on entire building....but no need to worry.

Man, always remember to look only after your flat. One of my friend showed me his flat as he was worried as the underground tank of the society was at SE (Agni) of his building :D. I asked him to ignore it as it is not part of his house. Hope you got my point :).
    CommentQuote
  • Vaastu

Hello RA,

I have been reading your post for quite some time now and I must say they are really helpful. Recently we have decide to buy a flat but before finalizing just wanted to take ur opinion. I am attaching the floor plan. Could you please share your detailed analysis with us. It will be a great help.

The area b/w 2 bedrooms in bathroom (forgot to mark them)

Thanks
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by 99GG99
    Hello RA,

I have been reading your post for quite some time now and I must say they are really helpful. Recently we have decide to buy a flat but before finalizing just wanted to take ur opinion. I am attaching the floor plan. Could you please share your detailed analysis with us. It will be a great help.

The area b/w 2 bedrooms is bathroom (forgot to mark them in the figure.)

Thanks

Hello RA,

Waiting for your analysis anxiously.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Vaastu Analysis.

Originally Posted by 99GG99
    Hello RA,

Thanks.

Friends,

we are waiting for your inputs anxiously. Planning to take a go or no go decision before this weekend. Hence any help towards Vasstu analysis is most welcome. Please post in your comments. Veterans please help.

Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • Vastu Help for attached plan

Hi RealAcres,
    Please find attached the Ground floor plan for vastu complaince.
    Adjoining empty space is for the person who will take the flat.
    Please help me if can i go forward with this flat (If Vastu complaint).
    Please share good/bad vastu points.
    Also please suggest any modifications (Swapping rooms and minor reconstruction) for good vastu compalince. Flat is under construction and i have asked Builder and he is ready to change the Internal design of house.
    Please help.

Regards,
    Mahesh
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by 99GG99
    Hello RA,

Thanks.

Sorry for delayed response, was out of state so couldn't reply.

Based on your floor plan, I think there are bath/toilets between the bedrooms. Based on entire floor plan, here is the take:-

1.) Entrance is west facing,
    2.) Master bedroom is in SE,
    3.) 2nd bedroom is in NE,
    4.) Toilets in east.

All in all, mainly due to location of bedrooms & toilets, it is better to drop this flat.

Btw, if there is attached terrace to the bedroom in SE, it means the NE cuts get which is very bad.
    CommentQuote
  • Could you please look at this floor plan for a townhouse and let me know what you think ?

most of what i am trying to show is visible in diagram, other than the Basement, it is located right under the Living room, the whole of living room shape which is rectangular has the basement.

Also there is nothing above the Living, the living room is only downstairs, and upstairs above living room is all open.

the direction for NSEW is under 10 degree difference, which i understand is acceptable.

also i am sure you must have already figured it out, but just to let you know the master bedroom is on the top of Garage, so now you should have good imagination

Thank you for your help.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Realacres,

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Mods required

Originally Posted by maheshnale
    Hi RealAcres,
    Please find attached the Ground floor plan for vastu complaince.
    Adjoining empty space is for the person who will take the flat.
    Please help me if can i go forward with this flat (If Vastu complaint).
    Please share good/bad vastu points.
    Also please suggest any modifications (Swapping rooms and minor reconstruction) for good vastu compalince. Flat is under construction and i have asked Builder and he is ready to change the Internal design of house.
    Please help.

Regards,
    Mahesh

Dear Mahesh,

The image has been divided in 9 parts but you have included the open space around the flat as well in it. Therefore, I request you to divide the floor plan in 9 parts only where the structure is present & not to include the land/garden outside.

What I suggest is this:-

1.) Put kitchen where currently is your M.bed i.e. SE,

2.) Make entrance where the kitchen sink is located i.e. NE section, North facing. At the exteme end, make space for pooja room, however small it maybe, ensure it is in NE of the house (currently shows hob/stove) & also make sure it is not visible easily from entrance, living, dining etc.

Now, the kitchen becomes your living,

3.) Make m.bed where currently is small bedroom i.e. SW, you can take some space from current living room space to make it bigger,

4.) Shift small bedroom to west, where currently is your entrance/living,

5.) Toilets can't be changed as it remains the same from ground to top floor. However, having toilets in South is not bad (west is preferred though), so no change needs to be done here,

6.) The dining can be retained where it is as it falls in brahmasthan. Just make sure you don't stuff dining area with heavy goods,

These things will take care for your flat.

Coming to outside area, keep North & east light, put lawn, small plants, small flower plants here. Put big plants, heavy pots etc. in south. And not to forget, ensure to put a tulsi plant in NE part of the garden.

Hope this helps. For further queries, drop in your query here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Smileymon
    Could you please look at this floor plan for a townhouse and let me know what you think ?

most of what i am trying to show is visible in diagram, other than the Basement, it is located right under the Living room, the whole of living room shape which is rectangular has the basement.

Also there is nothing above the Living, the living room is only downstairs, and upstairs above living room is all open.

the direction for NSEW is under 10 degree difference, which i understand is acceptable.

also i am sure you must have already figured it out, but just to let you know the master bedroom is on the top of Garage, so now you should have good imagination

Thank you for your help.

Living having double height is indeed good as it means more height in NE part,

M.bed on higher floor that too in SW is again good.

But the biggest problem here is:-

Staircase in Brahmasthan & for this, there is no solution, & one of very grave issues. See if it is possible to shift the stairs either towards south-west or south.

Other issue, though not as major as the above one is the dining wall is suppressed which leads to cut internally & eternally. See if this wall can be straightened.

The kitchen too isn't in great direction either.

All in all, NE is good but stairs in Brahmasthan means better to drop this house.
    CommentQuote
  • Hello,

Thank you for your reply, but if you follow the 9 parts done by the Orange color lines, which is only covering the living area and not the Patio, and then the blue line which is understand should be the Axel from north east to south west, the only thing that comes in between is the half bath which is down stairs.

when you say Bhramasthan does that mean the whole center of just the Axel.

also please correct me if am wrong to not consider the Patios while creating the 9 division.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Smileymon
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply, but if you follow the 9 parts done by the Orange color lines, which is only covering the living area and not the Patio, and then the blue line which is understand should be the Axel from north east to south west, the only thing that comes in between is the half bath which is down stairs.

when you say Bhramasthan does that mean the whole center of just the Axel.

also please correct me if am wrong to not consider the Patios while creating the 9 division.

If you see closely, the stairs do fall in Brahmasthan. The brahmasthan comprises of entire square in the centre, while the exact 'nabhi' of it is of 3x3 ft which has to be kept open at all costs, even furniture like cupboards etc. is big no on this 3x3 ft area.

In your case, not only half bath, but large section of stairs are falling in Brahmasthan.

As far as patio is concerned, it is not to be considered if there is nothing above it, but in your case, there is a bedroom on 1st floor, so this needs to be considered.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Living having double height is indeed good as it means more height in NE part,

M.bed on higher floor that too in SW is again good.

But the biggest problem here is:-

Staircase in Brahmasthan & for this, there is no solution, & one of very grave issues. See if it is possible to shift the stairs either towards south-west or south.

Other issue, though not as major as the above one is the dining wall is suppressed which leads to cut internally & eternally. See if this wall can be straightened.

The kitchen too isn't in great direction either.

All in all, NE is good but stairs in Brahmasthan means better to drop this house.

Thank You.
    One query
    Why we did not consider the Garden adjoining the flat while dividing it into 9 parts (Garden is part of House and Deal)?

In my earlier post, there was a big terrace on one side and Flat on other side.....In that case why we included that while dividing it into 9 parts?

I am confused?
    Is that if its terrace include while dividing it into 9 parts and if Garden dont include?

Regards,
    Mahesh
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by maheshnale
    Thank You.
    One query
    Why we did not consider the Garden adjoining the flat while dividing it into 9 parts (Garden is part of House and Deal)?

In my earlier post, there was a big terrace on one side and Flat on other side.....In that case why we included that while dividing it into 9 parts?

I am confused?
    Is that if its terrace include while dividing it into 9 parts and if Garden dont include?

No you are not confused & I appreciate you asking this question. The reason for excluding the garden but including the terrace is this:-

Garden is land, not part of the structure. It is just the case similar to that of a bungalow. Again, in case of terrace, there were flats below that terrace, which were having toilets etc. & even if your terrace may not have toilets, the impact will be there as they will be below your terrace.

Garden has nothing below it nor above it in form of structure, so rather than calling one terrace & other garden, you can divide it as land & structure.

Hope this clarifies your doubt :).
    CommentQuote