Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Shrivio
    I think this grid (attached) is more accurate. The Kitchen falls into the South quadrant, not the SW.

Oh, I considered that kitchen was upto SW end. But still, this is not good either.
    So place a quartz crystal stone/sphatik in kitchen in a bowl.

And Can I use the NW room ("Den2") as the Master Bedroom?

NW is direction of Vaayu or wind & is highly restless or chanchal as you call it. This is good only for guests or kids or even adult daughters but not as m.bed as this area lacks strength & strong stability. Order for m.bed is SW, South & if nothing possible, then West.
    Your earlier idea was better. Ofcourse, for some private activities, you can use NW room ;) but it should not be permanent.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Doubts19
    Thanks RA for the analysis. We are removing the toilet in the
    NW bedroom. Hope that suffices. Please let me know if the vastu
    Would be fine then.

Thanks once again

Yes, this shall take care of lot of issues & please do the simple solutions in my previous posts.
    This will help you. All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Shrivio
    Done! Have told them. They are already looking at other rentals.

Thank you very much.

Fantastic. :)
    Now please inform them that before finalising new flat, do ensure in advance that it is Vaastu positive .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Seems that this is a row house or similar house. Now since you own entire building here, how about shifting all the things in correct perspective ?
    Put kitchen in SE, stove facing East,
    Toilet should be in NW-W,
    M.bed goes in SW.
    Pooja in NE is very good.

Just ensure that there is no toilet or kitchen in NE-Centre-SW part.

Hi RA,

I can't knock down the whole building Bhai and get the layout changed. Reason why I m saying is that it will cost lot of money and time as I will need planning permission to do all that, so I would avoid it if doshas can't be rectified by simply re shifting the kitchen n toilet.

Many thanks for your time and efforts in answering my queries.

Cheers
    Anuj
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RealAcres,

I have booked a flat in Pride city, but after reading some posts in this thread, I'll be cancelling it soon, as it is a vaastu disaster.

I have one question though. I saw one flat which was almost perfect according to vaastu, but North-East portion of plot was given to PMC by builder. So the whole compound had whole N-E corner missing. Is it advisable to buy such a flat?
    I found myself in similar situation another time when flat was okay but the ground had a very remarkable East to West slope. Should we take into account this fact?

I myself was a Vastu zealot, but am about to loose faith, as I am not able to book any flat for past 1 year due to Vastu considerations.
    Sometimes I feel it is better to not consider Vastu but just consider sunlight and wind etc.

Earlier on I used to think flats with N-E open (with more windows and balconies) were good, but they usually have S-W entrance which is complete no-no.
    On the other hand, if entrance is in N-E, most windows and balconies will be on S-W. Again, here we won't get morning sun but instead afternoon sun.

Is Vastu equally applicable to apartments as to individual houses? Consider a flat with S-W entrance and N-E open with balconies and windows. In such a flat S-W is not actually open since there are other flats in S-W to this flat.

When Vastu was written, entrance and opening were synonymous. But in context of apartments, entrance is from a lobby which is actually closed.

Please shed some light on above points.
    Also it would be great if you could suggest some excellent books on Vastu for apartments.

Thanks
    Raj
    CommentQuote
    Man, don't worry at all. The toilets in NW-West position are indeed very good & I see no reason why you should worry. The only thing is the toilet in NW should not touch North wall ideally but then if we take into consideration the entire flat, it is indeed very good.

So don't take any tension, go ahead & buy. Ensure that you do the agreement/registration on auspicious day. All the best. :)

Thanks a lot ! :)
    CommentQuote
    Oh, I considered that kitchen was upto SW end. But still, this is not good either.
    So place a quartz crystal stone/sphatik in kitchen in a bowl.

NW is direction of Vaayu or wind & is highly restless or chanchal as you call it. This is good only for guests or kids or even adult daughters but not as m.bed as this area lacks strength & strong stability. Order for m.bed is SW, South & if nothing possible, then West.
    Your earlier idea was better. Ofcourse, for some private activities, you can use NW room ;) but it should not be permanent.

Haha. Thanks so much, Realacres. Feel much better after your reply!

Will do all that you recommend.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

At the outset, a great service by you for all lay users. Wanted your view on the flat highlighted in red in the image attached herewith. Need to know the following:
    1. What are the issues with Vastu as far as the flat is concerned?
    2. What remedies would you suggest to counter any ill effects.

Big thanks in advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Realacres,

Question re: sub-direction. What is an acceptable angle?

For example, in New York city, it is a grid. Doors to apartments either face N or S (since apartments are on streets and not avenues. Avenue buildings face either E or W). Now, let's say you get a door that is North facing (i.e. on the South side of a street). So far so good.

But *all* the streets in Manhattan are 29 degrees off. So instead of a street facing north (and running exactly E-W), it is tilted 29 degrees towards the East side. That's because the whole island is tilted and they have thus made the best use of the space they have.

Does this mean all apartments in Manhattan are not good bc they are sub direction?

How do you think about something like this?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Hi RA,

I can't knock down the whole building Bhai and get the layout changed. Reason why I m saying is that it will cost lot of money and time as I will need planning permission to do all that, so I would avoid it if doshas can't be rectified by simply re shifting the kitchen n toilet.

Many thanks for your time and efforts in answering my queries.

Cheers
    Anuj

Hi RA,

Many Thanks for your valuable opinion!

I am now looking at other flat. Please can you comment on the layout and suggest whether shall I buy that one?

Regards,
    Anuj
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    Hi RA,

Many Thanks for your valuable opinion!

I am now looking at other flat. Please can you comment on the layout and suggest whether shall I buy that one?

Regards,
    Anuj

Entrance door is in SW, toilet in SW. These are major issues & entrance in SW is never recommended at all. This is called as demon entrance & brings in 'Tamasik waves' inside the house.

Apart from this, the m.bed is again in SE, which spoils matrimonial relations.
    Except for terrace/balcony in N-NE & living room in NE, there is nothing good about this flat.

Due to main issues mentioned above, it best to avoid it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by indiafirst
    Hi RealAcres,

I have booked a flat in Pride city, but after reading some posts in this thread, I'll be cancelling it soon, as it is a vaastu disaster.

Very good.

I have one question though. I saw one flat which was almost perfect according to vaastu, but North-East portion of plot was given to PMC by builder. So the whole compound had whole N-E corner missing. Is it advisable to buy such a flat?
    I found myself in similar situation another time when flat was okay but the ground had a very remarkable East to West slope. Should we take into account this fact?

The NE cut does affect but the impact is distributed amongst all the flats. When you buy a flat, your main concern should be your own flat. There is possibility that if there are 4 flats on a floor, 3 maybe bad as per Vaastu but you shouldn't bother about them.

Similarly, the NE cut though present can be ignored as the impact is evenly distributed amongst all. Ofcourse, if land & project master layout is good, it helps all the flats too.

So, first you focus on flat & then on building & lastly on the entire project.
    If you want your flat + building + master layout as per Vaastu, you will have to wait until someone amongst us who believes in Vaastu becomes a builder. So, as of now practical solution is to focus on your flat only.

Btw, every land has its own vibes. If you don't feel good inside the project or building, don't buy. The frequency of the place & yours should match, else its not good. Simple way to judge, if you have some 6th sense.

I myself was a Vastu zealot, but am about to loose faith, as I am not able to book any flat for past 1 year due to Vastu considerations.
    Sometimes I feel it is better to not consider Vastu but just consider sunlight and wind etc.

You are not alone. There are atleast 4 people I know in Pune searching for flat from 2010 & still not found, even when they are now ready to increase the radius of location to as much as 15 kms !!

Don't focus only on sunlight, wind etc. By this logic, you may end up buying something seriously wrong. Vaastu compliant flats normally come with good ventilation by default, though vice versa is not true.

Earlier on I used to think flats with N-E open (with more windows and balconies) were good, but they usually have S-W entrance which is complete no-no.
    On the other hand, if entrance is in N-E, most windows and balconies will be on S-W. Again, here we won't get morning sun but instead afternoon sun.

Yes, but that's the problem with builder. Just see the floor plan posted by vinst1 some posts before. Correct entrance, correct balcony/terrace, correct placement of rooms.

Is Vastu equally applicable to apartments as to individual houses? Consider a flat with S-W entrance and N-E open with balconies and windows. In such a flat S-W is not actually open since there are other flats in S-W to this flat.

Vaastu means 'Place of Dwelling'. So be it any type of house, office, factory anything.
    Even during the times of kings, their 'Durbaar' (today's office) was as per Vaastu.

For SW entrance & terrace in NE, just see my previous reply in above post.

When Vastu was written, entrance and opening were synonymous. But in context of apartments, entrance is from a lobby which is actually closed.

True, but the fundamentals still remain the same.
    The fire does the work of heating, & shall do the same even after thousands of years,
    Water composition remains the same,
    Sky remains the same & so does the Earth.

Now surely, having good land + building house on it, both as per Vaastu is fantastic but as of now, when you are looking at flat, atleast ensure that the structure is as per Vaastu norms.

Hope this helped.
    Cheers. :)

Will reply other queries shortly.
    CommentQuote
    Entrance door is in SW, toilet in SW. These are major issues & entrance in SW is never recommended at all. This is called as demon entrance & brings in 'Tamasik waves' inside the house.

Apart from this, the m.bed is again in SE, which spoils matrimonial relations.
    Except for terrace/balcony in N-NE & living room in NE, there is nothing good about this flat.

Due to main issues mentioned above, it best to avoid it.

Ohhhh is it..... Hmmmm there seems to be lot of issues with this flat as per vastu... N hence I will avoid it as you suggested for my own living.

Does it make sense to buy this flat as an investment?

Many thanks for your comments RA, my house hunt will continue and I will bother you again in near future....
    CommentQuote
    The entrance is in SW & the flat itself is in sub-direction. You won't get full impact of it till you stay in it but surely you are not insulated either. The location of kitchen, m.bed, m.bath are all bad.

Overall, with sub-direction comes the Dosha called as Vidisha & it is best to sell off such flat.

** PS:- What is more important is the house in which you are staying as it has direct impact on your life.

Thank you very much RA, will try to sell the flat as soon as I get a good deal.
    CommentQuote
    Ohhhh is it..... Hmmmm there seems to be lot of issues with this flat as per vastu... N hence I will avoid it as you suggested for my own living.

Does it make sense to buy this flat as an investment?

Many thanks for your comments RA, my house hunt will continue and I will bother you again in near future....

Hi RA,

How is the layput of this flat for investment?

Many Thanks
    Anuj
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote