Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Need help on vastu doshas

Hi RA,

I have been following your post for quite sometime (must say they are really informative). Actually need some of your valuable suggestions.

My father purchased a property a year back on my name but since then iam suffering from health ailments. i couldn't think of any good reason for this. so can you help me identifying if the new purchased property is in some kind of vastu dosha which is responsible for my ill health & possibly if you could suggest some remedies to nullify the doshas.

please evaluate it would be a great help to me. attaching the layout.

Regards,
    Rohit
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hello RealAcres,

First of all sorry for the delay in upload

I had to draw the plan so the delay

The file room and kitchen is 1 step down

Awaiting your valuable inputs

Highly appreciate and thanks in advance

Regards,
    Ameet
    CommentQuote
  • Hi real acres, plz suggest if this layout is fine.....entry is east,master bedroom is south,drawing room is west and wall with TV in drawing room is north.....my only concern is kitchen...I plan to renovate it and place the burner in place of the sink so that it becomes south east ...more towards the balcony,and shift the sink and aquaguard in place of stove that is north east.will this modification work?
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hello All,

I want to know about the Vastu of flat no. 807 in the attached plan. Can you please guide me if Flat no. 807 is correctly placed with everything according to Vaastu and if not then what are the remedies for the major faults in the flat as per vaastu.
    Thanks in Advance.https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=49912
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Need Feedback about Vaastu for Flat

Hello realacers,

Can you please help me to identify the flaws in the design of flat accoding to Vaastu and help me if there are remedies to get out of the Vaastu non-complaint areas/portions.

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=50027

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=50028
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Seems that this is a row house or similar house. Now since you own entire building here, how about shifting all the things in correct perspective ?
    Put kitchen in SE, stove facing East,
    Toilet should be in NW-W,
    M.bed goes in SW.
    Pooja in NE is very good.

Just ensure that there is no toilet or kitchen in NE-Centre-SW part.

Hi RA,

As per your above recommendations, I managed to find one apartment in total of 82 apartments, which I think to some extent might be okish/good. Please see attached the floor plan and let me have your esteem views.

I paid the reservation fees for the flat and have only 2 days to let the deal down if you say it is not good as per vastu.

Would appreciate early reply.

Many Thanks
    Anuj
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • I visited my Parental low budget plot first time which is stucked for so many years and still of no value due to legal issues not sure about its location, since then I started facing health problems and after few months I took one low budget plot in bhiwadi on my name which is in South direction or may be south west facing, facing health problems after that too, want to know what to do in such situation, how to prevent vaastu dosh or any other dosh
    CommentQuote
  • Hello realacers,

Awaiting your response & do let me know if any more details regarding the plan is required

BTW the main door is perfect north

Regards
    Ameet
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Ohhhh is it..... Hmmmm there seems to be lot of issues with this flat as per vastu... N hence I will avoid it as you suggested for my own living.

Does it make sense to buy this flat as an investment?

Many thanks for your comments RA, my house hunt will continue and I will bother you again in near future....

Be it for self use of investment, any property which is bad will give bad effects to the owner of the house, no matter whether the owner stays in that property or not.
    Hence, avoid it even for investment purpose.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by psri2000
    Hi,

At the outset, a great service by you for all lay users. Wanted your view on the flat highlighted in red in the image attached herewith. Need to know the following:
    1. What are the issues with Vastu as far as the flat is concerned?
    2. What remedies would you suggest to counter any ill effects.

Big thanks in advance.

Please attach the floor plan in image format. Many times, such files in .zip are not accessible. This is my humble request to all.
    Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Be it for self use of investment, any property which is bad will give bad effects to the owner of the house, no matter whether the owner stays in that property or not.
    Hence, avoid it even for investment purpose.

Ok Thanks RA!

Please would you mind to have a look at my latest post (#1252) https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/more-cities-states/jaipur-real-estate/809-need-information-rajasthan-real-estate?p=1252#post809 and have your comments on it. I am very close to finish the deal but I would like to know your view on it.

Looking forward for your early reply.

Many Thanks
    Anuj
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Hi RA,

How is the layput of this flat for investment?

Many Thanks
    Anuj

Kitchen in NE. Avoid even given for free.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Shrivio
    Hi Realacres,

Question re: sub-direction. What is an acceptable angle?

Upto 10 degrees, max to max 15. But I will say 10 degrees to be on safer side.

For example, in New York city, it is a grid. Doors to apartments either face N or S (since apartments are on streets and not avenues. Avenue buildings face either E or W). Now, let's say you get a door that is North facing (i.e. on the South side of a street). So far so good.

North facing entrance in NE part of house are very good entrances.

But *all* the streets in Manhattan are 29 degrees off. So instead of a street facing north (and running exactly E-W), it is tilted 29 degrees towards the East side. That's because the whole island is tilted and they have thus made the best use of the space they have.

The 29 degs deviation is not at all good & has issue related to Vastudosha called Vidisha.

Does this mean all apartments in Manhattan are not good bc they are sub direction?

How do you think about something like this?

Not all apartments are bad in terms of deviation. Will check about Manhattan when I visit it as my close relatives stay there. Infact, they don't have much deviation as they stay near St Niholas Avenue which runs diagonally to other streets. Thus buildings on this street are properly aligned.

Btw, in Pimpri-Chinchawad, Pune, all planned areas have the roads in sub-direction & that too as high as about 40 degrees. This means all the buildings in this area are in sub-direction & not at all good. I really wonder that when a planned layout is being designed, why can't they put roads straight as per main directions ? Apart from this, I have seen projects where the land was aligned to main directions, but builders put up buildings in sub-directions or had weird designs for buildings like V, Y or boomerang shape. Lack or least priority for Vaastu remains the culprit. :o
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohitfr
    Hi RA,

I have been following your post for quite sometime (must say they are really informative). Actually need some of your valuable suggestions.

My father purchased a property a year back on my name but since then iam suffering from health ailments. i couldn't think of any good reason for this. so can you help me identifying if the new purchased property is in some kind of vastu dosha which is responsible for my ill health & possibly if you could suggest some remedies to nullify the doshas.

please evaluate it would be a great help to me. attaching the layout.

Regards,
    Rohit

The kitchen in NE is the culprit. And I think that most of the health issues related to you must be in your upper body.

Kitchen or toilet in NE always damages the health of people staying in it.
    As of now, put a sphatik/quartz crystal in kitchen alongwith a bowl (earthen or glass) with soil in it. Place it near the stove. And cook facing East.
    This is just small remedies but wont eliminate the problem. The only permanent solution is to sell off this flat. I don't want to scare you but staying here for too long leads to life threatening illness when NE is damaged.

Request you to take corrective steps ASAP.
    All the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ameetwalia
    Hello RealAcres,

First of all sorry for the delay in upload

I had to draw the plan so the delay

The file room and kitchen is 1 step down

Awaiting your valuable inputs

Highly appreciate and thanks in advance

Regards,
    Ameet

First of all, there is a toilet (maybe common or servant) in NE, which is very bad & needs to be removed ASAP. I don't know where is location of septic tank, if any. It should be only in NW-W only.

Other aspect what I have seen is the floor-ceiling height is max in SW, double ceiling height while that in NE has normal height. Actually, SW should have the least floor-ceiling height though the height of the building should be more in SW.

By having higher height ceiling, the SW has become the lightest area in entire house which is bad & not at all recommended.

The pooja room & kitchen should be on ground floor & hence you need to get pooja room below.

The kitchen needs to be shifted from NW to SE. The living should be shifted from SW to NE-North or even NW.

The stairs needs to be shifted from East to SW, having stairs in East leads to poor inflows of wealth,

The location of your father room is perfect, no issues but yours' isn't. The location of your room should be either SW on lower floor, or South or West on ground floor or first floor.
    In this case, if nothing is possible, shift the bed towards South part of the bedroom & get the entrance to the bathroom from Eastern corner of it.

Overall I would say that biggest issues are the the highest height in SW & location of stairs & kitchen.

Request you to incorporate the changes & upload a new floor plan.
    All the best.
    CommentQuote