Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Mahiway
    Hi real acres, plz suggest if this layout is fine.....entry is east,master bedroom is south,drawing room is west and wall with TV in drawing room is north.....my only concern is kitchen...I plan to renovate it and place the burner in place of the sink so that it becomes south east ...more towards the balcony,and shift the sink and aquaguard in place of stove that is north east.will this modification work?

Some confusion persists :-

If entry is East, it means the entrance door is West facing. But I consider that TV is on North wall & hence take this as North. If this is true, then drawing room falls in East & not West, which is good. Similarly, the M.bed falls in S-SE. In this case, ensure that the bed is more towards SW part of the bedroom.
    As there is toilet/bath in SW, place raw sea salt in a bowl & replace it every 15 days. What you need to ensure here though is the use of colors become important & see to it that the bathroom has max brown color elements in it. If tiles are not possible in brown, atleast keep as many things brown in color here, starting with the napkin. This is small but better to have something than nothing. Also, if there is some place in bathroom shelf, place a bowl with soil in it. This can be small bowl also.

As far as kitchen is concerned, get it done in white & pastel green in color. The furniture too can be in similar color.

Placing stove near balcony will make it in SW quadrant & not SE. The SE part is the one near the entrance of kitchen. This will enable you to also cook facing East.

Last but not the least the main entrance door should be in pure white color & if not possible immediately, place a white color toran on the entrance door.

The above mentioned things are based on inputs that TV is on North wall i.e. the left hand side of the floor plan is North. Request you to upload the floor plan once again with proper direction mentioned on it as I don't want to have any ambiguity left in such cases.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitin1601
    Hello All,

I want to know about the Vastu of flat no. 807 in the attached plan. Can you please guide me if Flat no. 807 is correctly placed with everything according to Vaastu and if not then what are the remedies for the major faults in the flat as per vaastu.
    Thanks in Advance.

NE has major cut & whatever small part is left has toilets in it, which is extremely bad & life threatening. Hence, don't buy this flat even if builder gives it for free.
    There are no remedies for such grave issues in NE.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Hi RA,

As per your above recommendations, I managed to find one apartment in total of 82 apartments, which I think to some extent might be okish/good. Please see attached the floor plan and let me have your esteem views.

I paid the reservation fees for the flat and have only 2 days to let the deal down if you say it is not good as per vastu.

Would appreciate early reply.

Many Thanks
    Anuj

This one is good one. Just ensure that the deviation seen in the floor plan doesn't exceed 15 degs. And yes, don't forget to place Tusli plant in NE balcony. It will help you a lot.
    And take the kitchen platform upto SE so that one cooks facing East that too in SE. The window there is a bonus for you as the smoke can be simply pushed out from here, with minimal help of exhaust fan. The dining can be shifted towards West side of kitchen so that you have a long platform on East of kitchen.

Other minor change if possible, is to shift the entrance door of common bathroom from entrance lobby to the passage which goes towards bedroom 1.
    The TV should be taken on North wall of drawing/living room.

All the best. :)

* What is 'U' (utility) mentioned near entrance ? Don't use it for storing raddi nor make it a store room. It will be nice if you can place some indoor water fountain or water curtain here. Not only it is good to have such water in North but it will enhance the beauty of entrance lobby as well. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA

HI ! Congrats and Thanks. This is the best and most practical place for understanding Vaastu. Simple straight forward.

God Bless you,

After reading this fantastic thread, I checked my house plan. My Kitchen is in SW (stove facing S), Main door is in W, Toilet in NW, Bedroom is in E. It seems nothing is right.

What can I do to rectify my situation ? Should I leave this house and go for rent ? Should I sell it ?

I have already searched for a new house. Its a building on each floor all the flats are in 4 different directions, but same layout and measurements. 8 flats in all.

Please, help me out. Which is the best option to have among these ?

Which is most important thing to consider direction wise in a house ?
    * Main Door ?
    * Kitchen ?
    * Toilet ?
    * Bedroom ?

Which are the most important doshas to avoid ? and the most important positives to take.

I have had a difficult time in recent times. I have had 2 heart attacks in this house by the time I was 35 years old. So, please understand my concern and bear with my question.

Thanks in Advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    This one is good one. Just ensure that the deviation seen in the floor plan doesn't exceed 15 degs. And yes, don't forget to place Tusli plant in NE balcony. It will help you a lot.
    And take the kitchen platform upto SE so that one cooks facing East that too in SE. The window there is a bonus for you as the smoke can be simply pushed out from here, with minimal help of exhaust fan. The dining can be shifted towards West side of kitchen so that you have a long platform on East of kitchen.

Other minor change if possible, is to shift the entrance door of common bathroom from entrance lobby to the passage which goes towards bedroom 1.
    The TV should be taken on North wall of drawing/living room.

All the best. :)

* What is 'U' (utility) mentioned near entrance ? Don't use it for storing raddi nor make it a store room. It will be nice if you can place some indoor water fountain or water curtain here. Not only it is good to have such water in North but it will enhance the beauty of entrance lobby as well. :)

Good one, at least I managed to find something which is not bad as per vastu and I am very happy you also gave a green signal to this one. :)

'U' meant Utiltiy room. Washer/Dryer would be there and rest of extra space can be used for storage but I make sure it has indoor water fountain/curtain as per your advise and not to be used for storage.

Highly appreciate your suggestions re Kitchen and common bathroom.

"Just ensure that the deviation seen in the floor plan doesn't exceed 15 degs." RA bhai, could not understand the meaning of it. I know I am asking for too much, but plz would u mind let me know what exactly u meant by that?

Many Many Thanks
    Anuj
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Realacres,
    Please advice
    "I visited my Parental low budget plot first time which is stucked for so many years and still of no value due to legal issues not sure about its location, since then I started facing health problems and after few months I took one low budget plot in bhiwadi on my name which is in South direction or may be south west facing, facing health problems after that too, want to know what to do in such situation, how to prevent vaastu dosh or any other dosh"
    My current residence flat has kitchen in south west and the plot that I have taken is also facing south or south west, health problems are major concern for us, please advice how should I get rid of these vaastu dosh or other doshs
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Man, don't worry at all. The toilets in NW-West position are indeed very good & I see no reason why you should worry. The only thing is the toilet in NW should not touch North wall ideally but then if we take into consideration the entire flat, it is indeed very good.

So don't take any tension, go ahead & buy. Ensure that you do the agreement/registration on auspicious day. All the best. :)

Dear RA,

I have been able to sign sale agreement with builder for the under-construction flat discussed .
    Thanks for your advice and as always, to the Gods !

regards,
    CommentQuote
  • Please, Someone here tell me how to PM ?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Real Acres,

Thank you for the suggestions but as I mentioned earlier that I had bought this property around 8 yrs back and presently residing in the same
    I also tried to make some changes earlier but because of double height there are hidden beams in the walls which cannot be demolished hence pls. suggest me remedies..........for the same
    We have also consulted a structural consultant but the beams and columns cannot be avoided or demolished pls. have a look at the plan and suggest me remedies
    Regards
    Ameet
    CommentQuote
  • Need Advice

Hello RA,

Could you please check the below flat no 7 and suggest if good to buy??

Entrance is North Facing.
    Master Bedroom towards west side
    Two other bedroom south side.
    Balconies of two bedroom is towards south facing.

Rest for your review.

Warm Regards,
    Nikku
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Itna sannata kyu hain bhai ?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA

I am planning to buy a property in RTM vatika city, Gurgaon. Request you to help me evaluate whether the apartment is vaastu compliant or not. Floor plan is attached. The main door is east facing.

Thanks in advance for your invaluable help.

Regards
    Anurag

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jazzbydabay
    Dear RA

HI ! Congrats and Thanks. This is the best and most practical place for understanding Vaastu. Simple straight forward.

God Bless you,

Thank you.

After reading this fantastic thread, I checked my house plan. My Kitchen is in SW (stove facing S), Main door is in W, Toilet in NW, Bedroom is in E. It seems nothing is right.

First of all, kitchen in SW means all the energy is being burnt out, which leads to not only poor health but leads to quite unstable life. It may be related to work or personal. Continuous ups & downs & finding answers to even simple looking issues are difficult.

As said earlier, NE-Brahmasthan-SW is energy axis. If all or any of them are disturbed, there is no remedy but to shift out.

Main door is W. Is it West, NW or SW part ??
    Again bedroom in East can also mean SE or NE. Need to see exact portion.

Kitchen in SW is extremely bad & hence either you should shift it to SE, else shift out of the house. And not just shift but sell off this house.

What can I do to rectify my situation ? Should I leave this house and go for rent ? Should I sell it ?

First of all move on rent & then sell this off.

I have already searched for a new house. Its a building on each floor all the flats are in 4 different directions, but same layout and measurements. 8 flats in all.

Please, help me out. Which is the best option to have among these ?

Good. The last 2 floor plans have issues related to directions. Kindly correct them & upload. Will answer all of them in one go.

Which is most important thing to consider direction wise in a house ?
    * Main Door ?
    * Kitchen ?
    * Toilet ?
    * Bedroom ?

If you ask, well its all. Nothing more, nothing less.
    What is important is to atleast ensure that NE-Centre/Brahmasthan-SW axis is problem free.
    There should not be toilet, cuts or kitchen in this axis.
    Ideal location for entrances are uploaded few pages back. Do check them out.

Overall, we need to see the house in entire perspective & hence it is best to see the floor plan to get more clearer idea.

Which are the most important doshas to avoid ? and the most important positives to take.

For Doshas, ensure that house is not in sub-direction & ensure that NE-Centre/Brahmasthan-SW axis (also called as energy axis) is problem free.

I have had a difficult time in recent times. I have had 2 heart attacks in this house by the time I was 35 years old. So, please understand my concern and bear with my question.

Sorry to hear this. I am sure that culprit is not just kitchen in SW but there has to be some major defect in NE-Centre part of the house also. And yes, start cooking facing East & if not possible West with immediate effect.

Request you to upload your existing house's floor plan ASAP.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Anurag80
    Dear RA

I am planning to buy a property in RTM vatika city, Gurgaon. Request you to help me evaluate whether the apartment is vaastu compliant or not. Floor plan is attached. The main door is east facing.

Thanks in advance for your invaluable help.

Regards
    Anurag

Entry is in SE, East facing which burns out the opportunities in the respective fields for the buyer & residents. Quarrel amongst family members for apparently no major reason is also evident.

But most critical part is a toilet in NE. This can be fatal & buyer suffers all round loss. Major surgery to brain also indicated.
    Don't buy this at any cost or for that matter even if it is offered for free.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Good one, at least I managed to find something which is not bad as per vastu and I am very happy you also gave a green signal to this one.

'U' meant Utiltiy room. Washer/Dryer would be there and rest of extra space can be used for storage but I make sure it has indoor water fountain/curtain as per your advise and not to be used for storage.

Ok. As this is North & direction of Lord Kuber or lord of wealth, making this part heavy or storing 'bhangaar' or waste items here is not good for financial prospects.

Good that you are putting water fountain here.

Highly appreciate your suggestions re Kitchen and common bathroom.

:)

"Just ensure that the deviation seen in the floor plan doesn't exceed 15 degs." RA bhai, could not understand the meaning of it. I know I am asking for too much, but plz would u mind let me know what exactly u meant by that?

Many Many Thanks
    Anuj

Man, its simple. When you stand in centre of the house as well as at the entrance the direction of the needle on compass should face to main direction & not be deviated i.e. pointing towards NE, SW etc.

If the top is North in pic below (click link), then from the needle of the compass, it can be seen that it is in sub-direction :-

https://cdn4.iconfinder.com/data/icons/eldorado-mobile/40/compas_2-512.png

Hope this is clear now, else let me know if you have more queries.

Will reply to other queries shortly as I need to put up some more details for them. Please bear with me.

Jazzbydabay,

You need to have 10 posts before pm service is activated. This is meant to avoid spamming by new users.
    CommentQuote