Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Jazzbydabay
    This is the actual plan of the room, I want to buy. Advice me. As I need to change my current home ASAP.

I hope this gives you a better idea.

Thanks in advance.

All the things here are fine, except that there is major cut in SW.
    Second aspect is the only bedroom which you have is in NW, which is not good as master's bedroom.
    Overall, due to major cut in SW, buying this flat won't be recommended.

I would again like to repeat that no matter what, ensure that NE-Centre/Brahmasthan-SW axis is defect free.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Hi RA,

It has been long time to see you on this thread, I need your expert comments on the attached floor plan (3 bedroom house) as my offer has been accepted and I need to act very very quickly and I dont want to pay the initially money unless you say yes to it as per vastu.

I read somewhere that SE is best place for kitchen and NW is average, is that true? Reason I am asking is bcoz kitchen in this house is NW.

Please let me know is there any major faults in this house as per vastu, can I consider this for my own living?

Highly appreciate your early reply.

Regards
    Anuj

Few things here :-

> Some say kitchen in NW is ok, but its not for the simple reason it increases the element of fire further in the house which his not good. The only thing is NW kitchen is better than NE or SW but surely not recommended one.

> Other thing to note is the toilet on 1st floor which falls exactly above the kitchen, & this is very bad as you have good & bad/waste areas in same location. This spoils the energy balance in the house,

> Another important aspect is the staircase lies in N-NE area of the house. This is bad from financial perspective & all has potential to ills like migraine to the buyer &/or his wife.

Overall, this floor plan is bad & this house should not be purchased.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ameetwalia
    Dear Real Acres,

Thank you for the suggestions but as I mentioned earlier that I had bought this property around 8 yrs back and presently residing in the same
    I also tried to make some changes earlier but because of double height there are hidden beams in the walls which cannot be demolished hence pls. suggest me remedies..........for the same
    We have also consulted a structural consultant but the beams and columns cannot be avoided or demolished pls. have a look at the plan and suggest me remedies
    Regards
    Ameet

Actually, there are no remedies which will help negate the basic laws of physics & no remedies can counter the impact which the structures have.
    Having said that, kindly do the following :-

> Ensure maximum furniture is towards S-SW side & keep N-NE area as much open as possible,

> Place a photograph of mountain (day time & without any water bodies in it like waterfall or lake in front etc.) in SW part of the house. This can be ideally placed on South wall,

> Place a sphatik stone as well as black tourmaline stone in living area. Ensure that they are cleaned regularly, even dusting with cloth will be fine. And they need to be kept in open (say on shelf, TV unit etc.),

> Place a haldi (tumeric) mala in NE part of the house. North & East will also do,

> A sharp & bright white light should be used in North-NE part of the house. The paint in this area too should be in whiter shades; while the colour in SW part should be in brown shades,

> Having a indoor water fountain in NE of the house drastically helps to enhance the energy levels here which is good for entire house. Please do that ASAP. Also note that this fountain need not be big one, even smaller ones which can be placed on table are also fine. What we need is moving water in this area. The fountain should be used for min 2 hrs a day, 1 hr each in morning & evening. If it is used more than this, then its better.

So kindly do this, you will get positive changes but remember, these are just remedies & will not remove the impact of the structure by 100%. But then, better to have something than nothing & do it & improve the life. All the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jazzbydabay
    I think N corner is cut and the plot is diagonal. Even these 2 are problems as well.

+1 & as the flat is in sub-direction, it is best to avoid it all together as there is no remedy for Vaastu dosha called Vidisha.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nik005
    Hi Realacres,

Please advice

I took one low budget plot in bhiwadi on my name which is in South direction or south west facing, facing health problems after that, want to know what to do in such situation, how to prevent vaastu dosh or any other dosh"

My current residence flat has kitchen in south west and the plot that I have taken is also facing south or south west, health problems are major concern for us, please advice how should I get rid of these vaastu dosh or other doshs

In both the cases, SW is the culprit.
    SW is the direction of demon Nairiti & the only way to tame it is to have the owner bedroom here & this area should be heavy. As you have kitchen in SW, the food becomes 'Tamsik' & hence it leads to illness.
    Entrance is SW also curtails good growth in career as well as studies. Opportunities come but get lost due to some reasons beyond the control of the owner.

Plot having entrance in SW is not good & so is flat having kitchen there.
    For plot, proper site visit needs to be done before reaching a concrete conclusion but as of now, the immediate solution is to shift out of this flat & stay elsewhere in Vaastu positive flat on rent. Then sell off this flat & then buy new one.
    I know this is tough decision but there is no remedy for this Vaastu problem. Even I had done the same thing, so am saying this on self experience.
    Shift out ASAP.
    All the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Hi Jazz, Thanks for your comments. Whats wrong with diagonal plot ?

You won't be in sync with Earth's magnetic field. This leads to issues related to sleep, poor circulation flow in the body & non-parallel forces of energy within the house. This leads to more stress & is bad for health. Hope this cleared your doubts.

Will reply remaining queries of other members in a day or two.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Second aspect is the only bedroom which you have is in NW, which is not good as master's bedroom.

I would again like to repeat that no matter what, ensure that NE-Centre/Brahmasthan-SW axis is defect free.

Thanks
    CommentQuote

I would like to know....

What is the disadvantage of SW cut ?

Can I move my bedroom to the living room ? That is in NE.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you So very much dear Realacres,

I will implement the remedies as mentioned above asap and will keep you updated

As you rightly said something is better than nothing

Thank you once again

God bless you

Regards
    Ameet
    CommentQuote
    Few things here :-

> Some say kitchen in NW is ok, but its not for the simple reason it increases the element of fire further in the house which his not good. The only thing is NW kitchen is better than NE or SW but surely not recommended one.

> Other thing to note is the toilet on 1st floor which falls exactly above the kitchen, & this is very bad as you have good & bad/waste areas in same location. This spoils the energy balance in the house,

> Another important aspect is the staircase lies in N-NE area of the house. This is bad from financial perspective & all has potential to ills like migraine to the buyer &/or his wife.

Overall, this floor plan is bad & this house should not be purchased.

Thanks for your comments mate!

This layout is very typical and more than 95% of the houses in london has very similar layout with very minor differences and wondering how I would be able to buy the house.... anyhow I will keep looking though till I find a better one :)

Many Thanks RA.
    Anuj
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

Can I request you to comment on this flat please?

Cheers
    Anuj
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

First of all, THANK YOU for all your valuable tips and suggestions in this forum. It's a great help to people like us.

Could you please help me with the attached floor plan? It is one of the properties we are looking to buy but finding a floor plan according to vaastu principles has been the biggest challenge for us. Your suggestions will be of great help.

Thank you...
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Flat in Blue boundry

Dear RA
    I have enclosed the plan of a flat I am Intending to buy for my family in Mumbai. Pls comment and inform is it okie to buy it. I am in my business. Kindly also explain what do we mean by north is cut and its disadvantages. Thanking you in anticipation
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chinmay.taka
    Hi RA,
    Thank you for your valuable suggestions on various plans. I'm following this thread from couple of days and seek your expert advice on few projects.

There are 4 flats which 'm looking to choose one out of it. Kindly help here.
    ATTACHMENTS as per below sequence...
    'SPP1' --- Flat no. 105;
    'SPP2' --- Flat no. 205;
    'VRN1C' --- Flat no. 301;
    'VRN3B' --- Flat no. 301.

Hi RA,
    Could you please share your views...
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

Please could you comment on the layout of this flat (this is a top floor flat).

Main NE Entrance is good, SE Kitchen is good.

I will not use main bathroom as it is in NE and will use ensuite as a main bathroom instead and convert NE bathroom into Pooja room.

Shall I consider this at all or not?

Many Thanks
    Anuj
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote