Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear RA
    I am enclosing another layout of a building plan. I am looking to buy the flat no 3 on 3rd floor in the tower of 8 floors.
    The entry is perfect north east. The master bedroom is perfect south west. Toilets are on the eastern wall towards south which I can change the direction of seating. The kitchen is on the west side and the cooking direction can be made towards east. Kindly guide me if this is good and what adjustments are needed to be done. Kindly also tell me what percentage you think this flat is as per vastu.

Thanking you in advance for the valued opinion .
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    SW is the location of Earth i.e. Prithvi. The energy flows into house from NE & Brahmasthan & this positive energy is stopped & stabilised in SW. Hence, we say that SW should be higher & heavier than rest of the directions. Having a bedroom in SW helps the person here not only to get good sleep but his energy levels are also increased, thanks to better blood circulation & good magnetic flow effect on the body. This gives good stability & authority to that person. Ofcourse, all this benefits are received only if NE & Brahmasthan are good. If both or either of them are damaged, then energy won't flow in at first place, so holding it doesn't matter at all.
    Hence, it is said that even NE-Brahmasthan-SW has to be good.

In absence of SW cut, there is no place to hold back the positive energy from from NE & Brahmasthan & hence, this energy flows out. Due to cut in SW, Earth element becomes lighter which is again against law of physics & hence the energy field inside the house gets disturbed.

A simple eg. would be this :-

NE is cheque, which you deposit in your bank,
    Brahmasthan is the encashed cheque & amount credited to your account,
    SW is the cash which you have after withdrawing from your account.

Now if cheque is not there, what's the use of account ?? Cash won't be there in anycase.
    If Brahmasthan is damaged, it means the cheque has bounced, so no issue of you getting cash,
    And if SW is damaged, it means your cash gets stolen.

:D This may sound funny but I found this to be simple eg. for all of you to explain.

Very well explained.

Originally Posted by realacres

No man, never do that. NE is purest direction & has maximum flow of energy which human body can't bear for long. You will often find people having issues with migraine when their bedroom is in N-NE. Having bedroom in NE also gives problems related to progeny. You will find lot of people who undergo miscarriages have their bedrooms in NE.

So no matter what, there should not be a bedroom at NE.

Point taken. This explains why my head aches all the time.

I have posted my current house plan, Please, go thru that and tell me what changes can I do there. This is my current house plan.

I know I am asking a lot. But do help me.

Thanks a lot for your brilliant assessments.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • RA,

Can I change my interiors this way ?

The red arrow indicates where I face.

In the SW I can make a small room for my little daughter.

Waiting .....
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Anybody home ?
    CommentQuote
  • HI RA,

Plz comment on this layout. Entrance is SW, which i think is worst, but rest of layout seems ok. Can I consider this at all for my own living?

Regards
    Anuj
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Anuj.

This is again a diagonal plan.

I think this will help u in understanding this problem better. If it is NOT a diagonal house.

The 9 part division will come like this. The directions are very clear.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • But, If it is DIAGONAL then it will be like this. Everything changes. Even dividing it in 9 parts will become awkward.

I hope, I have understood it right. Its a bit crude. But we can get the general idea of why RA insists in avoiding a diagonally made house.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jazzbydabay
    But, If it is DIAGONAL then it will be like this. Everything changes. Even dividing it in 9 parts will become awkward.

I hope, I have understood it right. Its a bit crude. But we can get the general idea of why RA insists in avoiding a diagonally made house.

Hi jazzy, it is a silly question.. But could you tell us how do u superimpose a grid on to an image...:P
    Thanks..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001
    Hi jazzy, it is a silly question.. But could you tell us how do u superimpose a grid on to an image...:P
    Thanks..

Do u know corelDraw ? Thats how I did it.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks...
    CommentQuote
  • you are welcome
    CommentQuote
  • Hi RA,

Please could you comment on the layout of this flat. I am trying really hard to find something good as per vastu but things are not easy. See if I can consider this one?

Pros:
    SE entrance not the best but still not too bad either.
    NE Drawing room is good.
    SW Master bedroom is good.

Cons:
    Diagonal plan
    Ensuite bathroom is not ideally placed i think

Appreciate your early reply.

Cheers
    Anuj
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jazzbydabay
    But, If it is DIAGONAL then it will be like this. Everything changes. Even dividing it in 9 parts will become awkward.

Hi Jazzbydabay,

Many thanks for your comments!

RA did explain in the past on why we should not consider diagonal flat, but IS having a diagonal flat is 100% no no, like having a kitchen or bathroom in NE/SW/Centre or can we still consider the diagonal flat if rest of the things ok in flat?

It is not so easy to find a 100% vast compliant flat and I am trying to find something which I can at least consider i.e. the one with the minimum doshas.

But I would love to see your comments on my future posts as my search still goes on :)

Cheers
    Anuj
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Hi Jazzbydabay,

RA did explain in the past on why we should not consider diagonal flat, but IS having a diagonal flat is 100% no no, like having a kitchen or bathroom in NE/SW/Centre or can we still consider the diagonal flat if rest of the things ok in flat?

It is not so easy to find a 100% vast compliant flat and I am trying to find something which I can at least consider i.e. the one with the minimum doshas.

But I would love to see your comments on my future posts as my search still goes on :)

Cheers
    Anuj

Interestingly enough, Just looked at the floor plan of the flat I booked last month (https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/more-cities-states/jaipur-real-estate/809-need-information-rajasthan-real-estate?p=1252#post809) after RA said YES (https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/general-real-estate-discussion/705-overview-of-the-rental-property-market-in-india?p=116875#post116875) to layout of the flat as per Vastu and it is DIAGONAL flat :(

RA have we overlooked the diagonal aspect of the flat or is it ok to have diagonal flat if rest of the layout is fine?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Hi Jazzbydabay,

Cheers
    Anuj

Bhai,

I am NOT an expert on Vastu. It is RA. Whatever I know, which is very little, I know from RA.

Being diagonal is a factor to be considered. It is not like ... You should NOT take a house simply because it is diagonal.

If it has good Vastu, then, no problem. you can buy it.
    CommentQuote