Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
Reply
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Balconies

    How do you treat Balconies, which are hanging structures? Include for 9 parts or ignore?

    regards
    babu
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    No you are not confused & I appreciate you asking this question. The reason for excluding the garden but including the terrace is this:-

    Garden is land, not part of the structure. It is just the case similar to that of a bungalow. Again, in case of terrace, there were flats below that terrace, which were having toilets etc. & even if your terrace may not have toilets, the impact will be there as they will be below your terrace.

    Garden has nothing below it nor above it in form of structure, so rather than calling one terrace & other garden, you can divide it as land & structure.

    Hope this clarifies your doubt :).

    Wow........Speachless........realacres.......Hats off to you.
    Thanks for this Info.....

    Regards,
    Mahesh
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by babu_s
    How do you treat Balconies, which are hanging structures? Include for 9 parts or ignore?

    regards
    babu

    Balcony is a part of structure & you make use of it for various purposes. Hence, it has to be included in the 9 part division.

    * I have seen projects where the architect has worked out a design where all the flats are kept as different from each other as possible. Here, a room has nothing below it but a big terrace above it. So, despite the room being so called hanging, it still is considered in 9 part sections.
    CommentQuote
  • Heart Beat City Vaastu compliance

    Thanks for the explanation to my query. Kindly see attached plan of a stack of apartments in Heart Beat city, appears has cuts all sides, there is a 45 degree tilt too to cardinal directions. What is your opinion?
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by babu_s
    Thanks for the explanation to my query. Kindly see attached plan of a stack of apartments in Heart Beat city, appears has cuts all sides, there is a 45 degree tilt too to cardinal directions. What is your opinion?

    45 deg tilt means exact in sub-direction. Such thing gives rise to Vastu dosha & such house is called to be 'Vidisha' house.

    There is no solution for this as nothing can fight the gravitational force by mere yantras, pyramids etc.

    It is therefore best to avoid such properties.
    CommentQuote
  • Please help me

    Hi,
    Could you you please tell me whether attached house plan is good for me or not? It is really urgent for me. Please help me.
    ~ Dhananjay
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Realacres and other borad members, last few days i am reading a lot about Vastu and needless to say the posts from Realacres are dimond mine when it comes to understand the concept.

    So, request you to give feedback on this ..

    1. What I read in this forum, house number 3 is the best from Vastu perspective.
    - Entry from East (of NE) direction
    - NE to SW axis without cut
    - No Brahmsthana dosh.

    2. But according to my simple logic of light and air, house 2 should be the best as all it's windows open on East or South direction giving ample amount of morning sunlight.

    Please suggest !
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dpandit
    Hi,
    Could you you please tell me whether attached house plan is good for me or not? It is really urgent for me. Please help me.
    ~ Dhananjay

    Hi Dhananjay,

    The good about the flat:-

    > Entrance door, North facing in NE part,
    > M.bed in SW,
    > One toilet (m.bath) in south (though ideal location is west).

    The bad:-

    > Entire NW is cut. This leads to loss of opportunities & misunderstandings in the family. The growth gets reduced. Having a small cut in NW can be rectified by small remedial measures, but man in this case, entire NW has gone missing, which is not good. Btw, this also causes delays in marriages especially for girls,

    > Toilet in North. North is direction of Kuber, Lord of Wealth & having toilet here impurifies the direction, which gives bad results in matters of finance & wealth,

    > Kitchen in North is again bad as it simply burns the financial resources. Hence, even if you have money, it will lead to unnecessary expenditures leading to loss of wealth.

    These things are enough for you to avoid this flat as the rectifications are, frankly, not possible. It is therefore, I didn't even went for calculations of Brahmasthan/center of the house.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vikash.kumar
    Hi Realacres and other borad members, last few days i am reading a lot about Vastu and needless to say the posts from Realacres are dimond mine when it comes to understand the concept.

    So, request you to give feedback on this ..

    1. What I read in this forum, house number 3 is the best from Vastu perspective.
    - Entry from East (of NE) direction
    - NE to SW axis without cut
    - No Brahmsthana dosh.

    2. But according to my simple logic of light and air, house 2 should be the best as all it's windows open on East or South direction giving ample amount of morning sunlight.

    Please suggest !

    Hi Vikash,

    What you said is right in point 1. But I would still like to have the floor plan as the locations too matter.

    Eg. Even if SW is not cut but there lies kitchen here, then it is bad.

    Prima facie what you said is right, but to be Vastu-compliant, the locations too should be correct.

    For 2., what you said is again correct but here is the catch:-

    East opening gives more of early morning sunlight which contains vitamin D & Infrared rays which is good for our skin. It also purifies water by the IR rays, hence the reason for underground water sources, swimming pool in NE.

    Opening in south too gives lot of sunlight but is harmful as it contains UV rays which are harmful to skin. Same is the case with west. Hence, the reason to have toilets here so that the UV rays kills the bacteria, germs etc. making it more cleaner & hygienic.

    West on other hand is intermediate, better than South.

    In terms of Vastushastra, it is recommended than North & East should be open, West should have smaller windows compared to east & south should be blocked as much as possible due to the radiations of sunlight which changes form dawn to dusk.

    Again, besides opening of windows, in case of flats, the locations of the rooms, baths, doors etc. matter more.

    The floor plan attached is that of flat no. 1. It has a toilet in NE, which is one of the 3 major Vastu-dosha having no remedial solution. Hence, better to avoid this even if it is given free of cost.

    To me, from aerial view, flat no. 3 looks better of all, but I would require the floor plan for the same to give precise decision for the reason mentioned above.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Realacres, that was quite an insightful analysis. I have to go through it thrice to assimilate it completely.

    As far as floor plan of other apartments are concern, they are just mirror view of the first one. They (builder) have just given the floor plan of flat 1 and expect us to visualise for others (it's exaclty the same, but mirror views).

    you may refer to the plan in this link:
    Unitech South Park, Unitech South Park sector 70 Gurgaon Original Booking- Investinnest

    So now can you please analyse and suggest me which will the best of the 4 apartments.

    thanks
    Vikash
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Sr. Member & Kind Attn: Realacres,

    I am attaching the floor plan of my apartment I am living in current.
    Its a South-West Facing flat, with entrace from North-East.

    Can you please highlight the vaastu problems, and the remedies.

    Awaiting responses.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA !

    Your response awaited.

    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Feedback for Ashish's Flat

    Dear Ashish,

    Sorry for the delay:o. Was travelling, hence couldn't reply.

    Here is the feedback for the floor plan of yours:-

    > The flat is in sub-direction, which is not good as you never stay parallel or perpendicular to the gravitational force of the earth which takes toll on health as the prolonged stay in subdirection casues probs related to blood circulation,

    > There is a toilet exactly in NE of the house. This results in probs related to head like headache, migrane, dowsiness etc. NE toilet also blocks financial prosperity & you loose several things which you could have achived otherwise with ease,

    > NE is cut to large extent, which is very, very bad. This is like head-less body,

    > Kitchen is in SW, which leads to depression & you will feel that man, I lost this opportunity & that for no reason,

    > The attach toilet is in west, which is very good,

    > Location of m. bedroom is also OK,

    > 2nd bedroom is in North, which is not good. People sleeping here will always complain that they didn't have sound sleep.

    Now before going further, to cut long story short, based on the probs mentioned above, the most critical being toilet & cut in NE & house in sub-direction, if possible, it is best to change the house. Do it fast if on rent & if owned, I suggest you shift to other place on rent, search for new house & sell this one. I know this is difficult, but trust me, I did the same thing when I came to about Vastu drawbacks in old house where I used to stay earlier & I experienced positive difference after changing the house.

    Till then, I suggest you do the following:-

    > Completely stop using the bath/toilet in NE,

    > Put samudri namak (raw salt without any process done on it, available for just INR 5/kg) in small earthern pot (INR 5-6) & keep it in the toilet. Change this salt after every 15 days,

    > Also keep safatik stone alongwith salt in toi/bath as well as in living room,

    > Keep tulsi plant in terrace,

    > Use chandan agarbatti everyday & bring a mantra chanting machine (costs around INR 150-200) & use this everyday for atleast half hour in morning & evening. Also keep the agarbatti in front of tulsi plant. This will purify the atmosphere around,

    > With kum-kum (made from haldi), make 'Swastika' symbol on the entrance door from outside. As soon as it goes, redraw it again.

    Just consider the remedies which are mentioned above as pain killers & please note that this will provide only relief to you but not cure the problem & to cure it, you will have to shift the house today or tomorrow. Hope this helps.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vikash.kumar
    Thanks Realacres, that was quite an insightful analysis. I have to go through it thrice to assimilate it completely.

    As far as floor plan of other apartments are concern, they are just mirror view of the first one. They (builder) have just given the floor plan of flat 1 and expect us to visualise for others (it's exaclty the same, but mirror views).

    you may refer to the plan in this link:
    Unitech South Park, Unitech South Park sector 70 Gurgaon Original Booking- Investinnest

    So now can you please analyse and suggest me which will the best of the 4 apartments.

    thanks
    Vikash

    Well go through it today evening & revert.
    Btw, just humble request to members here:-

    After you post any query, please inform me via pm alongwith the link. This will speed up things as this thread isn't that active as Pune, Mumbai or NCR.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Dear Ashish,

    Sorry for the delay:o. Was travelling, hence couldn't reply.

    Here is the feedback for the floor plan of yours:-

    > The flat is in sub-direction, which is not good as you never stay parallel or perpendicular to the gravitational force of the earth which takes toll on health as the prolonged stay in subdirection casues probs related to blood circulation,

    > There is a toilet exactly in NE of the house. This results in probs related to head like headache, migrane, dowsiness etc. NE toilet also blocks financial prosperity & you loose several things which you could have achived otherwise with ease,

    > NE is cut to large extent, which is very, very bad. This is like head-less body,

    > Kitchen is in SW, which leads to depression & you will feel that man, I lost this opportunity & that for no reason,

    > The attach toilet is in west, which is very good,

    > Location of m. bedroom is also OK,

    > 2nd bedroom is in North, which is not good. People sleeping here will always complain that they didn't have sound sleep.

    Now before going further, to cut long story short, based on the probs mentioned above, the most critical being toilet & cut in NE & house in sub-direction, if possible, it is best to change the house. Do it fast if on rent & if owned, I suggest you shift to other place on rent, search for new house & sell this one. I know this is difficult, but trust me, I did the same thing when I came to about Vastu drawbacks in old house where I used to stay earlier & I experienced positive difference after changing the house.

    Till then, I suggest you do the following:-

    > Completely stop using the bath/toilet in NE,

    > Put samudri namak (raw salt without any process done on it, available for just INR 5/kg) in small earthern pot (INR 5-6) & keep it in the toilet. Change this salt after every 15 days,

    > Also keep safatik stone alongwith salt in toi/bath as well as in living room,

    > Keep tulsi plant in terrace,

    > Use chandan agarbatti everyday & bring a mantra chanting machine (costs around INR 150-200) & use this everyday for atleast half hour in morning & evening. Also keep the agarbatti in front of tulsi plant. This will purify the atmosphere around,

    > With kum-kum (made from haldi), make 'Swastika' symbol on the entrance door from outside. As soon as it goes, redraw it again.

    Just consider the remedies which are mentioned above as pain killers & please note that this will provide only relief to you but not cure the problem & to cure it, you will have to shift the house today or tomorrow. Hope this helps.


    Hi RA;

    Thanks for your feedback. I own this house, and the worst part, I just bought it couple of months back. No one in my circle had enough knowledge about Vaastu, and all I came to know is that the NE Main Door is very very good, and Master BR in SW is also very good. But now as you have highlighted the issues, I need to think about it.
    Few of my queries are:
    1: Can I permanently convert the conman toilet to a Store Room. Would it help in long run.
    2: Can i put Tulsi Plant in one of my balconies, instead of terrace. What's is the main advantage of doing this?
    3: Whats the Vaastu logic behind, Raw Salt and Earthen Pot.
    4: As NE is cut, any specific remedy for the same.
    5: What is Safatik Stone?
    6: Any specific mantra to be recited daily?

    Also I am planning to put in a Ready Made temple structure in one of my rooms. Currently the temple is in our M Bedroom. facing North East. Can you recommend the best wall for the temple, either in Living Room or in 3rd Bedroom?
    CommentQuote