Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1784 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by anuj2703
    Hi RA,

Thanks for your comments!

This is my rented flat and I will have to live here for some time. It is on ground floor and no flat is above this flat too. Therefore is there any remedy to lessen the bad effects until the time I live in here?

Anuj

As said earlier, there is not remedy for major probs in NE. Either you exit such property, else good life exits you. Decide.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tulsyan
    Dear RA
    I am enclosing another layout of a building plan. I am looking to buy the flat no 3 on 3rd floor in the tower of 8 floors.
    The entry is perfect north east. The master bedroom is perfect south west. Toilets are on the eastern wall towards south which I can change the direction of seating. The kitchen is on the west side and the cooking direction can be made towards east. Kindly guide me if this is good and what adjustments are needed to be done. Kindly also tell me what percentage you think this flat is as per vastu.

Thanking you in advance for the valued opinion .

In all this, 2 good things are :-
    Entrance & bedrooms.

However, significant part of kitchen falls in Brahmasthan, & if you make kitchen platform East facing, it will be even more severe (Please divide the house in 9 equal parts too see it clearly). Apart from this, one bath falls in East while other attached to M.bed is in SE. Bathroom in East is fine (minus the toi) but incase of attached bathroom to m.bed, it's very bad as water & fire don't go hand in hand & this normally disrupts harmonious life within the family.

So, amongst all the flats on the floor, the one selected by you is better but it is certainly not recommendable to buy for the reasons mentioned above.
    Scout for something better, all the best. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jazzbydabay
    Very well explained.

Point taken. This explains why my head aches all the time.

I have posted my current house plan, Please, go thru that and tell me what changes can I do there. This is my current house plan.

I know I am asking a lot. But do help me.

Thanks a lot for your brilliant assessments.

The simplest solution is to swap the position of kitchen (in SW) with that with bedroom (in SE).
    That's all. And if this is not possible, change the house.
    NE & SW both are damaged in your case, NE as you sleep there & SW as there is kitchen here which burns all the energy of the house.
    CommentQuote
    RA,

Can I change my interiors this way ?

The red arrow indicates where I face.

This layout is much, much better than earlier one to which I have replied above.
    Btw, can't you go further towards SW ?? Ofcourse, this position of South is tonnes better than NE & is good as m.bed.

In the SW I can make a small room for my little daughter.

Waiting .....

You can but she will then become most dominating person in the family & won't listen to you. :D As she is little daughter, shift her to East, or NW. West is also fine (though better for boys).

Let me know if you have more queries.
    CommentQuote
  • Anuj,

As it is in sub-direction, avoid it.

Originally Posted by Jazzbydabay
    Hi Anuj.

This is again a diagonal plan.

I think this will help u in understanding this problem better. If it is NOT a diagonal house.

The 9 part division will come like this. The directions are very clear.

Very nicely put. :clap2:
    CommentQuote
    Hi RA,

Please could you comment on the layout of this flat. I am trying really hard to find something good as per vastu but things are not easy. See if I can consider this one?

Pros:
    SE entrance not the best but still not too bad either.
    NE Drawing room is good.
    SW Master bedroom is good.

Cons:
    Diagonal plan
    Ensuite bathroom is not ideally placed i think

Appreciate your early reply.

Cheers
    Anuj

Bold above - Enough to Avoid this flat.
    CommentQuote
    Interestingly enough, Just looked at the floor plan of the flat I booked last month (https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/more-cities-states/jaipur-real-estate/809-need-information-rajasthan-real-estate?p=1252#post809) after RA said YES (https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/general-real-estate-discussion/705-overview-of-the-rental-property-market-in-india?p=116875#post116875) to layout of the flat as per Vastu and it is DIAGONAL flat :(

RA have we overlooked the diagonal aspect of the flat or is it ok to have diagonal flat if rest of the layout is fine?

Man, see what I have written in it (first line itself) :-

Just ensure that the deviation seen in the floor plan doesn't exceed 15 degs.

Now the floor plans you put up above have deviation of easily over 30-35 degs.

Please note the difference in deviation.
    Hope this clears your doubts.
    CommentQuote
    Being diagonal is a factor to be considered. It is not like ... You should NOT take a house simply because it is diagonal.

If it has good Vastu, then, no problem. you can buy it.

But only if deviation is not more than 15 degrees.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ameetwalia
    Dear RA,
    Thank you so very much for explaining each and everything in such a simplified manner
    We all in this forum appreciate your selfless deed and will surely remember you for your good deed
    A guru always deserve respect and getting a guru like you, we feel blessed
    Thank you so very much
    Will surely keep you updated SIR
    Regards
    Ameet

I am really moved by these words & they are too heavy for me. My friend, 'Guru' is way tooooo biiiggg title for me, especially when I am still learning this wonderful science. But yep, you can surely call me your friend.

One of my good friend had sent me this message this week :-

If you are knowledgeable in something, help others as much as you can.....because.... Whenever God gives,
    He doesn't gives it to you but he gives it 'through you'.
    :)

Keep me updated & all the best.
    Cheers. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Point well taken dear friend

The sphatik stone & black tourmaline stone is well resting in a crystal bowl on a cabinet in the east wall

Ordered the same from vastustore.com for Rs. 900 each

Since the fountain was leaking returned the same

hunting for a better one

I was a little concerned of a coloumn in the centre of the house

If need be I will reload the plan in .img format (sorry for the earlier upload in .pdf format)

We feel blessed to gain knowledge through you

Thank you

Regards,
    Ameet
    CommentQuote
  • i don't want to disrespect anyone here is my view

www.antisuperstition.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65:vastu-myths&catid=58:vastushastra&Itemid=64

i initially believed in vastu but every vastu expert had different views on the same aspect and when i researched, entire vastu had a scientific explanation but now it is distorted by peoples. it can be useful to be considered while buying a property but should not be the only thing to consider.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    The simplest solution is to swap the position of kitchen (in SW) with that with bedroom (in SE).
    That's all. And if this is not possible, change the house.
    NE & SW both are damaged in your case, NE as you sleep there & SW as there is kitchen here which burns all the energy of the house.

I cant swap it as there is too little room. The breadth is 10 ft overall ( the main door in center and in NW is the bathroom. ). So only 3 ft remain. Otherwise I would have made my M.Bedroom there.
    CommentQuote

You can but she will then become most dominating person in the family & won't listen to you. :D As she is little daughter, shift her to East, or NW. West is also fine (though better for boys).

Let me know if you have more queries.

If it occurs like this, Then it will be a big problem. Because she is anyway the most dominating person in our family already, she doesnt listen to me anyway. :D and she is not even 3 years old.
    CommentQuote

Very nicely put. :clap2:

Thanks a lot. As I didnt know myself, whether, I was right or not.

Originally Posted by realacres
    But only if deviation is not more than 15 degrees.

I didnt know that.

Ok. Taken
    CommentQuote
    I am really moved by these words & they are too heavy for me. My friend, 'Guru' is way tooooo biiiggg title for me, especially when I am still learning this wonderful science. But yep, you can surely call me your friend.

For me too u are a guru. Knowledge is too precious. Very few can impart it. It is irrelevant WHO gives. Little also matters and you giving a lot. It helps a person to improve the quality in his life.

Accept it, you are a GURU, not to him only but to a lot of other people here as well. Even if they do not care to admit it.

Originally Posted by realacres

One of my good friend had sent me this message this week :-

If you are knowledgeable in something, help others as much as you can.....because.... Whenever God gives,
    He doesn't gives it to you but he gives it 'through you'.
    :)

Keep me updated & all the best.
    Cheers. :)

I dont think even Ghalib Saab would have said this any better :D
    CommentQuote