Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by indiafirst
    Hi RealAcres,

This is related to my earlier msg.

Whatever little I have learnt from you, I have shortlisted flat no. 3 on both A1 and A2 blocks.

PFB, two flats divided in sub-sections and with North pointing upwards.

Please tell me how is their vastu, if they are buyable and if there is another flat which has a better Vaastu.

Also, the building is not pointing due north but slightly towards east. Can't find the exact degree of tilt. PFA the google maps image of building which shows this tilt. North is upwards.

Please respond soon.

Thanks a lot,
    IndiaFirst

in both layouts, there are no windows on the north or south. In addition since there are two parallel buildings, one direction (west or east) will be more or less blocked. Therefore amount of natural light available may be limited in the living/kitchen area.

Onne of the flats has balconies to the south, that will be good for natural light.

In general wind flows from the west/south-west and both these layouts have windows or balconies in that direct. If flat is in building with west side open, you will have nice ventilation.

Check sunlight availability before buying.
    CommentQuote
  • All,
    Sorry for the delay as I was travelling out of state for past several days.
    Will answer all your queries shortly.

Originally Posted by Jazzbydabay
    I have a question for RA,

Are terraces counted inside the house, In Vastu ?

As this is small one, the answer is :- Yes, terraces should be counted inside the house.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raju4477
    dear sir I have attached floor plan and marked the flat as well as north. please give me your valuable suggestions as I am planning to buy this flat . also I have changed position of kitchen please suggest
    thanks
    rajendra

There is a toilet in brahmasthan. Avoid the buying this property.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sheth1
    much better view on direction given on this flat map

pls give ur opion whethere to buy or not

what are advantage and disvantage

2 things :-

> The angle of deviation printed on floor plan indicates that the flat is in sub-direction with major deviation from main cardinal directions. Hence, if this is correct, avoid the flat as it has major dosha called Vidisha,

> And if the angle/directions given by you are correct, even there there are 2 toilets, 1 in North & other in North-NE, which is extremely bad in terms of finance & health issues related to head. So, avoid this flat.

There are other issues too like bad entrance (East facing in SE), & rest but won't go in detail as the above 2 points are enough to reject the flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitin1601
    Hello RealAcres,

Please advice me about Flat 203 according to the Vaastu Shashtra. Should I proceed with the booking of this flat or not ?

Thank you in Advance.

The biggest flaw here is complete cut of SW, infact SW doesn't exists.
    Add to it M.bed in NW & entrance in SE, East facing, it will simply lead to highly unstable life & most of the efforts will yield no great results. This is due to absence of Earth element & loss of opportunities due to the entrance in SE.

Overall, not a good flat to even rent, forget purchase.
    CommentQuote
    Dear RealAcres,

PFA the floor plans and please guide me which flat is most suitable according to Vaastu shastra.
    North is on the left side of drawing.

Many Thanks
    IndiaFirst

The good flat amongst all these (A1 & A2) is A2 odd floor ending with 03, i.e. 103,303,503....

This flat is not just good as per Vaastu but has no common walls which is a big plus.

Just ensure 2 things :-

> The m.bed has to be the one in SW,
    > If you give SE to kids or elders, ensure to put rose crystal quartz in the SE corner of the SE bedroom.

Rest of the things are fine, & you can buy any flats in A2 odd floor 03. :)
    CommentQuote
    Hi RealAcres,

This is related to my earlier msg.

Whatever little I have learnt from you, I have shortlisted flat no. 3 on both A1 and A2 blocks.

PFB, two flats divided in sub-sections and with North pointing upwards.

Please tell me how is their vastu, if they are buyable and if there is another flat which has a better Vaastu.

Also, the building is not pointing due north but slightly towards east. Can't find the exact degree of tilt. PFA the google maps image of building which shows this tilt. North is upwards.

Please respond soon.

Thanks a lot,
    IndiaFirst

As said above A2 odd floor 03 is good.
    Incase of A1 03, the issue is with the bath/toi which is wrongly placed & hence not good.

If odd floor is not available, only then opt for even floor but in same row, A2 03.

Now if you are saying the building is in sub-direction, this makes all calculations go for a toss. Request you to physically visit the site & using a good compass check the directions & then revert. If the angle of deviation is upto 15 degrees, its fine but if its more than this, then ideally it is good to avoid it.

Please let me know the exact directions once you do the site visit.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tulsyan
    Dear RA
    I am able to find this floor plan which as per my trying to understand Vastu seems reasonably suitable. This flat FLAT NO 2, has a east facing main door in northeast , master bedroom in south west, kitchen in East but not perfect south east. Pls advice as i feel Brahmasthan is also reasonably good.
    Pls advice

Prima facie it may look good, but I divided the flat in 9 equal parts (you need to extend the flat to make a proper rectangle first) & this is what can be seen :-

> The common bath/toi falls in Brahmasthan,
    > The SW has very major cut.

These 2 are very major flaws & hence it is best to avoid this flat at all costs.
    Scout for the better. All the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samonair007
    Hi Vastu experts . Please suggest which unit is favourable as per vastu. North upwards.

I was more concerned of toilet location. Nd in 2nd unit it falls under NE direction. Which is not favourable. Else please suggest on other things.
    Thanks.

In first flat, there is major cut in SW, cut in NE & toilet in North, all these are very bad as per Vaastushastra.

And as you said it right, in second one, there is bath/toi in NE alongwith eentrance in SW, both are very bad, infact it is fatal. (Toi in North is also there which is bad for finances).

Hence, avoid both the flats you mentioned & search for better. All the best man.
    :)
    CommentQuote
  • Worth Buying - which one?

Attached is the layout for two flats - the N is as marked (towards left). The plot is South facing (main road on the right side - as it has stilt parking, entrance to the building is broad - across the whole width with typical multiple iron gates).

First pass, the one in North looks better to me - however, this has limited windows - anything else to review/consider? Impact of South facing plot?

Underground water tanks - on east side.

~A
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Experts,

Need your esteemed Guindance. I know only the very basic things in Vasthu and i need your help in finalising a flat. I am attaching the floor plan with my choice of flat marked in green color.

The only thing that concerns me is the entrance door is slighly towards South East corner and from what i could read online from various sites South East entrance brings in bad energy inside the whole house.

Kindly review the plan and let me know if i can go ahead and book it. Its a 2.5 BHK flat in First floor. There are two 40" and 30" roads nearby.

This is the first time i am attaching in image.. dont know if it gets displayed properly...

Thanks in advance.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Chennai-Real, choose house based on practical aspects like cross ventilation, natural light availability, practical/useable floor plan, suitability for your travel needs etc.

There is no such thing as "bad Energy". Be practical. It is sad that educated people in the 21st century and talking about mumbo-jumbo.

I have lived on rent in 9 different house with doors/windows in different directions and non-compliant to so called vastu principles.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear sudhashbahu,

It is good that you do not believe in Vasthu Shashtra but there are others who believe it. I have not tried to advice you to follow it so please dont unnecessarily advise me not to believe in Vaastu Shastra.

Even in the so called well developed nations Feng Shui is being practiced.

It is upto an individual whether to believe in it or not.

If you do not believe in it why are you spending your precious time in a thread dedicated to discuss about Vaastu Shashtra.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chennaireal
    Dear sudhashbahu,

It is good that you do not believe in Vasthu Shashtra but there are others who believe it. I have not tried to advice you to follow it so please dont unnecessarily advise me not to believe in Vaastu Shastra.

Even in the so called well developed nations Feng Shui is being practiced.

It is upto an individual whether to believe in it or not.

If you do not believe in it why are you spending your precious time in a thread dedicated to discuss about Vaastu Shashtra.

You are free to believe what you want. I am free to post my advice regardless if whether anyone listens.

Good luck to you my friend.
    CommentQuote
  • Well said chennaireal
    Dear sudhashbahu,
    Nothing is permanent in this world
    What you like today or believe today you may not like or believe it tomorrow
    All of us in this thread are believers of Vastu and let me tell you not blind followers but have experienced the effects of good and bad Vastu in our lives
    I am a developer by profession and in my 15 yrs. of carrier I have seen families prosper not just monetarily by overall coz of a Vastu complaint flat
    The practical aspects which you talk about like cross ventilation, natural light are very well explained in Vastu and it surely makes sense
    CommentQuote