Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1785 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi RealAcres,

Fabulous job here! Could you just share briefly what diagonal plans are? I mean, the most 'premium plots' are sold that are north east facing. Should it be north and east facing, rather than north-east facing? Or just exclusively 'east' or exclusively 'north' facing?

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

Regarding mirror on the centre coloumn

As you said it should be covered with mirror from all 4 sides

generally as per vastu mirror should not be place in a south wall, will it be ok if I place mirror on all 4 sides and since the height of the living room is 16' do I have to cover it from top to bottom?

Also Pls. if you can rereview the other 2 floors of the house if need be I can reload the plan

Thanks I advance
    Regards,
    Ameet
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Hello all,

The details informed by members here (AK2007 & skumar12345) need some detailed calculation. Will do that & post it here ASAP.

Dear RA, waiting for your kind reply eagerly.

Thankyou!
    skumar12345
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

Reviewing back some of the questions, like below:

Originally Posted by realacres
    I would suggest not to buy this flat. Reasons :-

> Major cut in NE,
    > Kitchen in NE,
    > Toilets in North & SW.

This house goes in sub-direction as it can be seen that the angle must be around 20-25 deg, which is bad.

And

Originally Posted by iMohak

Could you just share briefly what diagonal plans are? I mean, the most 'premium plots' are sold that are north east facing. Should it be north and east facing, rather than north-east facing? Or just exclusively 'east' or exclusively 'north' facing?

It would possibly help us all if you can identify some of the very basics when looking for a flat to buy/rent -

As most modern homes - especially multi-story ones have one or another corner missing - does that mean one needs to avoid them all together? If similarly say a corner of flat was missing but it is a ground floor flat, does the Vastu in such case improves?
      Are N or E facing plots i.e. road on this side, when looking at the plot standing in the center - better then W or S facing? Does that mean avoid such W and S plots?
      How important is Entrance to the actual flat (even when we have a N or E facing plot) - do we look at E or N too? If the choice is between plot facing Vs flat entrance facing, which should be given higher preference?
      As most homes these days are actually flats, it is not possible to get best of every thing so what are the bare minimum as part of first level screening one should consider?
      Again as most places are flats which are part of at least 3 story building, it may not be possible to know location of sewage or water tank - so OK to overlook these?

I am sure answers to these questions can help us all, so appreciate your guidance.

Thanks in advance for your help

~A
      I am sure answers to these questions can help us all, so appreciate your guidance.

~A

~A

~A

~A

~A

~A

~A
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AK2007
    I am going for the one on the North side flat (& this is for investment - and not personal residence - at least nothing more then few days in between rentals) - from your comment it seems there are 3 issues:
    1. Common bathroom in North - not much that can be done once purchased.

And this leads to financial problems.

2. SW cut - again there is staircase here - not much that can be done really.

Stairs are common & not part of your flat. If you see only from your flat perspective, there is major cut in SW. Having cut in SW leads to lot of delays & instability.
    Apart from this entrance is also in SW, which is the most horrible entrance.

3. Bedroom facing north - do you mean the direction the door opens? In which case nothing can be done - if bed direction, then it can be changed however.

No, not door. Also, there are other bedrooms also, so having one here is not of concern as long as you don't use it as bedroom. However, other points mentioned above are serious ones.

I looked at multiple flats - these days it seems every flat has some part cut - what to do? Are there some better cut Vs other? How much does it matter if the property is for rental - do I still drop this?

Yes, most flats have cuts. But you should ensure that cut is not there in NE & SW. For cut in NW & SE, it can be ok as there are some remedies to reduce the ill-effects but nothing can be done for NE & SW issues.

As a summary, based on what you have seen, how would you rank the North flat for investment on a scale of 10 (10 being perfect).

Would give it 2/10.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by iMohak
    Hi RealAcres,

Fabulous job here! Could you just share briefly what diagonal plans are? I mean, the most 'premium plots' are sold that are north east facing. Should it be north and east facing, rather than north-east facing? Or just exclusively 'east' or exclusively 'north' facing?

Thanks.

Plots in sub-direction are not good, even if they are NE facing.
    Either plot should face proper East or proper North.
    Same is case with flats, shops, offices etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ameetwalia
    Dear RA,

Regarding mirror on the centre coloumn

As you said it should be covered with mirror from all 4 sides

generally as per vastu mirror should not be place in a south wall, will it be ok if I place mirror on all 4 sides and since the height of the living room is 16' do I have to cover it from top to bottom?

Yes, mirror should not be used in South, but if I can recall, there is column in centre of the house, which is brahmasthan & hence it should be covered from all sides by mirror.
    As height is 16', what you can do is out mirror atleast from what can be seen by human eye, i.e. atleast 6.5' & rest of the column & ceiling should be painted pure white.
    Over here, place 9 panchamukhi (5 faces) rudraksha. This will immensely help to cut GS or geopathic stress.

Also Pls. if you can rereview the other 2 floors of the house if need be I can reload the plan

Thanks I advance
    Regards,
    Ameet

Yes, please reload.

skumar12345, AK2007,

As the files are in pdf, I need to convert in jpg & then do calculations & comment. Will do that shortly. Request everyone here to preferably upload the file in image file.

Btw, skumar12345, will go you some simple remedies for the issues in your flat. This will help you for sure.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Ra,

Can you please take a look at the attached plan and let me know your thoughts ?

thank you for your help.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote

AK2007,

As the files are in pdf, I need to convert in jpg & then do calculations & comment. Will do that shortly. Request everyone here to preferably upload the file in image file.

Dear RA,

For now, please do ignore my questions related to the plot - it can wait for sometime. I will also upload jpg files of same when ready.

Appreciate you replying in details on the earlier query - these help me to learn some of the basic things:).

I do have a new set of questions (kind of related to my last post on how to short list a flat) ... more on that in next message.

Regards,

~A
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

What is your evaluation on the attached flat - it is on Ground Floor - so would the plot vastu be more applicable here when reviewing corner cuts etc? If I use that principal and apply that the NE-Centre-SW line should be clear of any defect - it passes the first level of test - right?

What else to consider? On 1-10 scale how does this one rank (for living).

TIA

~A
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    Yes, mirror should not be used in South, but if I can recall, there is column in centre of the house, which is brahmasthan & hence it should be covered from all sides by mirror.
    As height is 16', what you can do is out mirror atleast from what can be seen by human eye, i.e. atleast 6.5' & rest of the column & ceiling should be painted pure white.
    Over here, place 9 panchamukhi (5 faces) rudraksha. This will immensely help to cut GS or geopathic stress.

Yes, please reload.

skumar12345, AK2007,

Btw, skumar12345, will go you some simple remedies for the issues in your flat. This will help you for sure.

Dear RA,

Please find attached files in jpg format.
    I am waiting for your detailed calculations and suggestions please.

Thankyou for your time and kind help!

Regards,
    Skumar12345
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • As it appears from the post that preferable position of cooking platform is EAST i.e. cooking facing East; Pl tell me what is the 2nd/3rd. option?
    REGARDS,
    SD
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

I am looking to book 2 BHK flat for investment purpose. Can you please suggest which of these 4 units will be good from Vaastu perspective.

Regards
    GB
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by FirstTimeInv
    Dear RA,

I am looking to book 2 BHK flat for investment purpose. Can you please suggest which of these 4 units will be good from Vaastu perspective.

Regards
    GB

How much is the angle ?
    CommentQuote
  • flat bedroom wall

hI,

I recently bought a flat...its under contruction so i want to make some changes..i have one query , my attached toilet wall is north , but as per my bedroom its south , wwhere i am planniong to keep my bed..

it it correct as per vastu
    CommentQuote