Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by KAVITAPS
    hI,

I recently bought a flat...its under contruction so i want to make some changes..i have one query , my attached toilet wall is north , but as per my bedroom its south , wwhere i am planniong to keep my bed..

it it correct as per vastu

North of what, flat or bedroom ?? Can you please upload the floor plan ? It will help to analyze it better.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aashirwad
    Hi Ra,

Can you please take a look at the attached plan and let me know your thoughts ?

thank you for your help.

There is toilet in North. This is very big flaw. Rest of the things are quite good but this spoils everything. Note that North is one of the most sensitive direction & direction of wealth. Any problem here leads to issue related to finances. So, I won't recommend this flat.
    See if there is any flat having toilet in NW rather than North.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AK2007
    Dear RA,

What is your evaluation on the attached flat - it is on Ground Floor - so would the plot vastu be more applicable here when reviewing corner cuts etc? If I use that principal and apply that the NE-Centre-SW line should be clear of any defect - it passes the first level of test - right?

What else to consider? On 1-10 scale how does this one rank (for living).

TIA

~A

Staircase in NE. This is like putting your head under a big rock.
    So, it doesn't pass first test as NE is badly affected.
    Avoid this property.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by skumar12345
    Dear RA,

Was going through entire post of this forum.
    1.Mine flat is type-C

First of all sorry for the delay.

Some issues & remedies :-

> Minor cut in NE. So, you need to put full body size mirror on East wall of the drawing adjoining the lift. Paid this area in yellow colour. You can use texture paint also.

> For kitchen, you have to cook facing either towards East & if not possible West. No other solution for this. Since the sink is in SE, put a red coloured tape on the wall above the sink & place a earthen bowl with soil in it between gas stove & sink. It can be simply placed on platform.

> The common bathroom in North should be used sparingly & even when used, preference should be given for bath & not toilet. Place a bowl with sea salt in it & replace the salt every 15 days. Ideally, it is better to do this on no-moon day.

> The pooja room should be immediately shifted from SW & placed in NE, North or East. I would recommend you place the pooja room in SE bedroom's NE corner which happens to be East area of flat. Place pooja ghar in such a way that you face East while praying.

> M.bed in SW is great. No issues.

> The toilet in NW should be used regularly. Absolutely no issues with it. Infact, NW, West are very good places for toilets.

> TV in East of drawing room is fine. North is also good.

> NW for girl is good. No issues.

> In your flat, its not SE which is extended but NE is cut. Solution for which is given at top & you need to do this ASAP.

Overall, I would also recommend to place a 'Mangal Kalash' in NE of your house. This helps in reducing Vastu dosha to a large extent. Also,while wiping the floor, put some raw sea salt also. It helps to erase negative energies in the house.

To all, last para is universal & can be done by all. It will increase the positivity in the house.

Let me know if you have any further queries.
    Cheers. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    First of all sorry for the delay.

Some issues & remedies :-

> Minor cut in NE. So, you need to put full body size mirror on East wall of the drawing adjoining the lift. Paid this area in yellow colour. You can use texture paint also.

> For kitchen, you have to cook facing either towards East & if not possible West. No other solution for this. Since the sink is in SE, put a red coloured tape on the wall above the sink & place a earthen bowl with soil in it between gas stove & sink. It can be simply placed on platform.

> The common bathroom in North should be used sparingly & even when used, preference should be given for bath & not toilet. Place a bowl with sea salt in it & replace the salt every 15 days. Ideally, it is better to do this on no-moon day.

> The pooja room should be immediately shifted from SW & placed in NE, North or East. I would recommend you place the pooja room in SE bedroom's NE corner which happens to be East area of flat. Place pooja ghar in such a way that you face East while praying.

> M.bed in SW is great. No issues.

> The toilet in NW should be used regularly. Absolutely no issues with it. Infact, NW, West are very good places for toilets.

> TV in East of drawing room is fine. North is also good.

> NW for girl is good. No issues.

> In your flat, its not SE which is extended but NE is cut. Solution for which is given at top & you need to do this ASAP.

Overall, I would also recommend to place a 'Mangal Kalash' in NE of your house. This helps in reducing Vastu dosha to a large extent. Also,while wiping the floor, put some raw sea salt also. It helps to erase negative energies in the house.

To all, last para is universal & can be done by all. It will increase the positivity in the house.

Let me know if you have any further queries.
    Cheers. :)

Thanks a lot Dear RA. will definitely implement your suggestions.
    just few doubts:-

1.The full body mirror has to be placed inside the flat(not outside near lift) on east wall of drawing room facing west right?
    2.What if we place pooja room in SW bedroom's SE corner,will it be any good than current SW corner of SW room?
    As per your suggestion placing pooja room in SE room's NE corner is getting little difficult(childrens/guests and all are always keep occupying this room). :-(

Thank you for suggestion and help you do for all of us!
    CommentQuote
    Staircase in NE. This is like putting your head under a big rock.
    So, it doesn't pass first test as NE is badly affected.
    Avoid this property.

How did I overlook this :( So even if I would have gone for GF flat this would have been a problem (guess I though as I was on Ground floor, this would not impact me).

Good thing it any way did not work out for us.

Now I am down to my last option for personal residence - see attached. Do note that this one is on first floor - and the lawn shown on both sides are actually on ground floor (builder would do anything to make the picture look good).

A quick response would be appreciated as I need to close this ASAP. And if there are minor issues (as no place can be perfect in this world these days - my search in past 2 months makes me think that), correction for same maybe suggested.

Your thoughts (& remedies) RA?

TIA

~A
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    Plots in sub-direction are not good, even if they are NE facing.
    Either plot should face proper East or proper North.
    Same is case with flats, shops, offices etc.

Seems like these days this is becoming very difficult - almost 90% of the houses/flat that I looked around in past 2 months (b4 which did not pay much attention) - have been 45 degrees off the primary axis. Some maybe few degrees less but still 20+ degrees off.

Also gets tricky with flats - what should be considered facing - example one place I looked at - the main entrance was N (& so was building/plot facing) - however other then that there were no openings in N side (NE-N or NW) - the S on the other hand was where all the openings were. Does one consider such flat North facing or South facing when just talking of facing?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by skumar12345
    Thanks a lot Dear RA. will definitely implement your suggestions.
    just few doubts:-

1.The full body mirror has to be placed inside the flat(not outside near lift) on east wall of drawing room facing west right?

It has to be placed inside the flat on East wall which shares wall with lift.

2.What if we place pooja room in SW bedroom's SE corner,will it be any good than current SW corner of SW room?

SE or NE or anywhere else, when pooja room is in SW room, it will be in SW part of the house. When we look at locations, it is done based on house layout & hence it has to be in NE-East-North part of the flat, which happens to be SE bedrooms NE corner. There is no substitute for this.

As per your suggestion placing pooja room in SE room's NE corner is getting little difficult(childrens/guests and all are always keep occupying this room). :-(

What you can do is create a small partition of wood & make a facility to have atleast a curtain to it so that it can be hidden from guests & separate identity maintained. Having kids here is fine, but when guests come in, put curtain. And if they are ok, make them sleep in living room, else put curtain & close it.

But no matter what, the pooja room has to be shifted from current location.
    CommentQuote
    How did I overlook this :( So even if I would have gone for GF flat this would have been a problem (guess I though as I was on Ground floor, this would not impact me).

Good thing it any way did not work out for us.

Now I am down to my last option for personal residence - see attached. Do note that this one is on first floor - and the lawn shown on both sides are actually on ground floor (builder would do anything to make the picture look good).

A quick response would be appreciated as I need to close this ASAP. And if there are minor issues (as no place can be perfect in this world these days - my search in past 2 months makes me think that), correction for same maybe suggested.

Your thoughts (& remedies) RA?

TIA

~A

In the current floor plan, following are issues :-

> Major cut & toilet in SW,
    > Major cut in NW,
    > Kitchen is sandwiched between 2 toilets (very bad, digestive disorders),
    > Toilet/bath in SE (water + fire) which leads to poor health & lot of differences within the family,
    > Another 2 toilets are in East. Ofcourse, if used only as bathrooms, it will be good but then, there isn't any other viable option for toilet anywhere else either.

Overall, major defect in SW alongwith kitchen sandwiched between 2 toilets is very major concern followed by 2 toilets in East & 1 in SE.

Are there any remedies ?? Yes, to reduce the impact but then overall, this is not a good floor plan at first place, I won't give it even 50% good, so what's the use of remedies ??
    If a person is in coma, no point in giving him Glucon-D. :D Hope you got the point.

So, it will be better to avoid this floor plan & scout for something better.
    All the best. :)
    CommentQuote
    Seems like these days this is becoming very difficult - almost 90% of the houses/flat that I looked around in past 2 months (b4 which did not pay much attention) - have been 45 degrees off the primary axis. Some maybe few degrees less but still 20+ degrees off.

There are 2 reasons for this :-

> Builders buy any plot if they get it cheap, so we see projects bang near crematoriums also.

> Lack of awareness amongst buyers about Vaastushastra doesn't put any pressure on builders to build as per Vaastushastra, which is reality is actually even good for builders also. Only in South, Vaastu has higher importance, so you get many Vaastu positive flats in Hyderabad or Chennai. As you move North, things get worse. :o

Also gets tricky with flats - what should be considered facing - example one place I looked at - the main entrance was N (& so was building/plot facing) - however other then that there were no openings in N side (NE-N or NW) - the S on the other hand was where all the openings were. Does one consider such flat North facing or South facing when just talking of facing?

Facing depends on the direction towards which entrance door faces, i.e. direction which you face while going outside the house.
    Entrance door has lot of weightage but certainly openings also matter. But if there are less windows or openings in North than South but floor plan is good as per Vaastu, then one should buy because location of entrance door, rooms, bathrooms matter more than openings. Now ofcourse, if you have same floor plan where there is more openings in North, East or both then this should be preferred.
    Hope this clears the doubts, if not, please let me know. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by FirstTimeInv
    Dear RA,

I am looking to book 2 BHK flat for investment purpose. Can you please suggest which of these 4 units will be good from Vaastu perspective.

Regards
    GB

It seems that the building is not in main directions, neither is the flat.
    Please let us know what is the angle of deviation from main direction ? If it is more than 15 degs, then best to avoid it as houses in sub-direction have lot of geopathic stress in them, which in turn is not good for health.

Jazzbydabay,

Learning well. Good. :)
    CommentQuote
    In the current floor plan, following are issues :-

Are there any remedies ?? Yes, to reduce the impact but then overall, this is not a good floor plan at first place, I won't give it even 50% good, so what's the use of remedies ??
    If a person is in coma, no point in giving him Glucon-D. :D Hope you got the point.

So, it will be better to avoid this floor plan & scout for something better.
    All the best. :)

Dear RA - my challenge is that currently I live in a place with 0/10 Vaastu score (NE and SW missing, center problems - and this is just the starting) - and due to which all the problems that you an think of are already there. Getting out of here is 1st priority - and even that has become a major uphill task. So even if I can get something that breaths some life - it is better. I am hoping that this new place can help creates some better energies in next 4-6 months to move things forward for us. We are looking for some +ve support - and leveraging that move further on.

For past 2 months have looked for better options - but nothing worked out. So the choice is move up on a slightly better scale - and hopefully move further up in 6 months. If things work our way, move on - else other option is stay where we are (and who knows how long - and even can get out down the road). You may get the idea.

So now you can understand why remedies would be more welcome then ever.

TIA

~A
    CommentQuote
    Dear RA - my challenge is that currently I live in a place with 0/10 Vaastu score (NE and SW missing, center problems - and this is just the starting) - and due to which all the problems that you an think of are already there. Getting out of here is 1st priority - and even that has become a major uphill task. So even if I can get something that breaths some life - it is better. I am hoping that this new place can help creates some better energies in next 4-6 months to move things forward for us. We are looking for some +ve support - and leveraging that move further on.

For past 2 months have looked for better options - but nothing worked out. So the choice is move up on a slightly better scale - and hopefully move further up in 6 months. If things work our way, move on - else other option is stay where we are (and who knows how long - and even can get out down the road). You may get the idea.

So now you can understand why remedies would be more welcome then ever.

TIA

~A

No man, don't buy something wrong.
    If where you stay is even worse, sell it off & don't hurry to buy but opt for rental housing & put the money in capital gains tax account in PSU bank.
    Only when you get vastu +ve house, only then buy. Don't let desperation kick in.
    It has been seen frequently that bad Vaastu house doesn't let owner buy good house easily. So, sell existing house & rent in the meantime. Even by selling off your house & staying on rent will yield positive results.
    Think about long term loss over short term gain
    CommentQuote
    No man, don't buy something wrong.
    If where you stay is even worse, sell it off & don't hurry to buy but opt for rental housing & put the money in capital gains tax account in PSU bank.
    Only when you get vastu +ve house, only then buy. Don't let desperation kick in.
    It has been seen frequently that bad Vaastu house doesn't let owner buy good house easily. So, sell existing house & rent in the meantime. Even by selling off your house & staying on rent will yield positive results.
    Think about long term loss over short term gain

NO, NO - I am not buying.

I currently own/live in 0/10 Vaastu score place - and because of which am moving to a rental place - which is what I asked your input for. Almost 95% of places that I evaluated (for rental) are 45 degree off - and immediately dropped them.

Even for rental I limited myself to N facing flat (and to avoid too many cuts - low rise buildings).

What I shared in last 5 days were two such N facing rental places - that I could consider renting short term (4-6 months) to increase Vaastu scores. Right now I cannot even sell my current flat even when moving to rental - but selling the place would be on my To-do list too.

My review request is for rental - to help increase Vaastu score - short term. Some day will come to a state of buying a higher Vaastu score place ;)

TIA
    ~A
    CommentQuote
    NO, NO - I am not buying.

I currently own/live in 0/10 Vaastu score place - and because of which am moving to a rental place - which is what I asked your input for. Almost 95% of places that I evaluated (for rental) are 45 degree off - and immediately dropped them.

Even for rental I limited myself to N facing flat (and to avoid too many cuts - low rise buildings).

What I shared in last 5 days were two such N facing rental places - that I could consider renting short term (4-6 months) to increase Vaastu scores. Right now I cannot even sell my current flat even when moving to rental - but selling the place would be on my To-do list too.

My review request is for rental - to help increase Vaastu score - short term. Some day will come to a state of buying a higher Vaastu score place ;)

TIA
    ~A

First of all, thanks for letting me know the floor plan of your existing house via pm (and I request you to upload it here for benefit of readers).

In your current house :-

> NE is not cut but it doesn't exists at all,
    > Brahmasthan/centre has toilet/s,
    > SW is again not just cut but missing.

Man, as per Vaastushashtra, this is considered as dead house. You rightly said its 0/10 Vaastu score. This is the sole reason for all the problems you are facing, most of them are not natural but self inflicted due to poor house as per Vaastu norms.

What you need to do is to sell off this flat ASAP. No other option.
    And look for East facing flat also, it always need not be North facing.

As of now you are in such a big messed up house that no matter where you shift, it will be anytime better than your current one. This is like saying pick-pocket is better than terrorists. Hope you got my point.

So, I would now simply say, shift out & sell off this flat, where you rent doesn't matter as long as its not as bad as your current house. And in anycase, when you rent, you get only only 30% effect, rest 70% is with the owner, good or bad. So, shift out ASAP without much thinking.

I have seen cases like yours & they have experienced good change within 3 months after they simply left their bad house. You too will see good change.
    You are here itself shows that times are changing for good for you. :)
    CommentQuote