Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
Reply
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • thanks

    Originally Posted by realacres


    What you need to do is to sell off this flat ASAP. No other option.
    And look for East facing flat also, it always need not be North facing.

    As of now you are in such a big messed up house that no matter where you shift, it will be anytime better than your current one.
    .....
    So, I would now simply say, shift out & sell off this flat, where you rent doesn't matter as long as its not as bad as your current house.

    ....


    Tomorrow if I can, will try to finilize the rental place - likely will go with this one as have been in discussion with owner for some time now. This one is on First floor - and I do know there are some Vaastu problems - but minor compared to what we discussed. Once I close on this, will seek your advise on short term fixes of these.

    http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/1204096-post1417.html

    Just in case you still read this .. .and believe a different orientation (like East) of same plan is better, do let me know - this is new development so likely there maybe another possible orientation available. The other possible plan is here.

    http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/1197468-post1406.html

    Thanks again for g8 advise. Will update you in a day or two.

    ~A
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Ra,

    Sorry for the delay
    As required uploaded the plan in .jpg format
    Pls. have a look
    There directions are perfect North, South East & West
    There is no deviation whatsoever
    Regards
    Ameet
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Need 'medication'

    Dear RA,

    As discussed earlier, I did close on the attached for RENT (knowing that it has some Vaastu challenges you mention below - still due to personal limitation we discussed earlier).

    I idea here is to create at least some +ve elements (even though they maybe partial) for next 6 months - see this as a stepping stone to - I would appreciate if you can advise on remedies that needs to be done here.

    Originally Posted by realacres
    In the current floor plan, following are issues :-

    > Major cut & toilet in SW,
    > Major cut in NW,
    > Kitchen is sandwiched between 2 toilets (very bad, digestive disorders),
    > Toilet/bath in SE (water + fire) which leads to poor health & lot of differences within the family,
    > Another 2 toilets are in East. Ofcourse, if used only as bathrooms, it will be good but then, there isn't any other viable option for toilet anywhere else either.

    Overall, major defect in SW alongwith kitchen sandwiched between 2 toilets is very major concern followed by 2 toilets in East & 1 in SE.



    If there are certain toilets I should not use, please do advise.
    Can the NE bedroom be puja and children bedroom, while we occupy the SW one?

    Once again we are hoping this as a interim solution.

    TIA
    ~A
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    There is toilet in North. This is very big flaw. Rest of the things are quite good but this spoils everything. Note that North is one of the most sensitive direction & direction of wealth. Any problem here leads to issue related to finances. So, I won't recommend this flat.
    See if there is any flat having toilet in NW rather than North.



    Thanks RA. I understand that you are not recommending this flat for the reason that there is a toilet in North. feel free to shoot down but cant resist . Any possibility of corrective measures ? This toilet is in the guest bedroom which will be unoccupied most of the time ( used only when parent/in-laws visit for few days). We are couple with infant.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    It seems that the building is not in main directions, neither is the flat.
    Please let us know what is the angle of deviation from main direction ? If it is more than 15 degs, then best to avoid it as houses in sub-direction have lot of geopathic stress in them, which in turn is not good for health.

    Jazzbydabay,

    Learning well. Good. :)


    Thanks.

    But kya karey Teacher bohot achha hain mera. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AK2007


    ...

    So now you can understand why remedies would be more welcome then ever.

    TIA

    ~A


    Remedy is very simple. Stop being superstitious.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu
    Remedy is very simple. Stop being superstitious.


    Thanks for sharing your personal view. Help me understand what brings you to this forum? I am sure a learned person like you would have better ways to use his time then educating someone like me with one line statements.

    If one reads history, there were lots of belief that were at one point thought to be superstitious (by masses and not just few) - however as we learnt more about our surrounding, these same belief are no longer superstition.

    You may not believe that we live around energy field - like magnetic, electric etc that do change the particles around us .. microwaves, x-rays etc are some such examples - I do see & believe in this - and extend this idea to my surroundings. In my view, Vaastu is just how to manage such energies - good or bad - to manage my surrounding. I cannot (& do not) want to change your view on Vaastu (as it is hard to bring change in anyone's view when they do not want) - I will just leave it at this.

    Appreciate you sharing your view - I respect them but do not subscribe to it.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,

    Yesterday I saw your thread......wow......really impressed.You are really doing great work with so much dedication....big salute to u.

    I am also in search of a flat since last month and planning to buy the flat as attached ,please advise should I go for it or not?North direction is marked as arrow
    thanks in advance
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nkm2793
    Dear RA,

    Yesterday I saw your thread......wow......really impressed.You are really doing great work with so much dedication....big salute to u.

    I am also in search of a flat since last month and planning to buy the flat as attached ,please advise should I go for it or not?North direction is marked as arrow
    thanks in advance


    The most primary thing to observe is.

    1. NE SW axis- It shouldnt have any defects.
    2. Bramhasthan- It should be open. No walls or toilets and such.


    * The plan here has walls and a part of toilet in Bramhasthan.
    * The entire NW is gone. Hain hi nahi.
    * SW, SE and N are half gone.


    There are too many cuts.

    * I am NOT an EXPERT. But these are basic observations. I personally would avoid this one.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AK2007
    Thanks for sharing your personal view. Help me understand what brings you to this forum?


    This forum is for giving Vaastu tips. I posted a tip "Don't follow it". Though unconventional and unexpected it is a valid tip on the topic.

    Originally Posted by AK2007

    I am sure a learned person like you would have better ways to use his time then educating someone like me with one line statements.


    I hope that in my life time I am able to convince at least one person to give up belief in superstitions like vaastu-shastra (as practised today) and/or Astrology.

    Originally Posted by AK2007

    If one reads history, there were lots of belief that were at one point thought to be superstitious (by masses and not just few) - however as we learnt more about our surrounding, these same belief are no longer superstition.


    Could you provide an example of any superstition that later became proven fact?

    Originally Posted by AK2007

    You may not believe that we live around energy field - like magnetic, electric etc that do change the particles around us .. microwaves, x-rays etc are some such examples - I do see & believe in this - and extend this idea to my surroundings. In my view, Vaastu is just how to manage such energies - good or bad - to manage my surrounding. I cannot (& do not) want to change your view on Vaastu (as it is hard to bring change in anyone's view when they do not want) - I will just leave it at this.

    Appreciate you sharing your view - I respect them but do not subscribe to it.


    If Vaastu is based on Electric/magnetic field/energies etc, then you need to worry more about everyday objects than house direction.

    A mobile phone puts out considerably more radiation than any natural phenomenon related to house direction. Any music system speaker has a magnet whose magnetic field in the vicinity far exceed the magnetic field of the earth.

    All talk of vibrations and energies are all hocus-pocus introduced by charlatans.

    Try reading any of the older books on Vaastu. They did not talk of any such things neither did they say anything bad will happen due to effects of vaastu. They merely conveyed guiding principles to construct temples.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jazzbydabay
    The most primary thing to observe is.

    1. NE SW axis- It shouldnt have any defects.
    2. Bramhasthan- It should be open. No walls or toilets and such.


    * The plan here has walls and a part of toilet in Bramhasthan.
    * The entire NW is gone. Hain hi nahi.
    * SW, SE and N are half gone.


    There are too many cuts.

    * I am NOT an EXPERT. But these are basic observations. I personally would avoid this one.


    Can you post an example of any actual apartment 2/3BHK plan where there are no walls or toilets or anything in "Bramhasthan".

    In a modern apartment there will always be something in the central part.

    No house will be perfectly square, some part of it will be cut.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Jazzbydaddy,

    I really appreciate your view as fault in brahamastan can not be cure by any method.
    Dear RA please give your advise,its matter a lot to me,

    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sudhashbahu


    Could you provide an example of any superstition that later became proven fact?



    Looks up ones related to eclipse, shape of earth and sleeping under a tree at night ... just to name a few. The lay man explanation for each was at one time called superstition and now science advises that each had it merits.

    There are far more such examples.

    Originally Posted by sudhashbahu


    If Vaastu is based on Electric/magnetic field/energies etc, then you need to worry more about everyday objects than house direction.



    Agree - but who said I or others are not worried about these? If they were not, then why would scientist be spending billions of $ on research related to containing them? Also there would not been need for shields of different kinds to address/contain them. I see Vaastu and certain containment for that in similar way - but I am sure you do not. Both of us have right to hold our opinion - just like some scientists "prove" that mobile radiation do not cause harm/cancer while others "prove" that they do ... and both side end with further research is required (read we need more funding - after all this is our livelihood and we are work for hire - can support either side for money)

    Originally Posted by sudhashbahu


    Try reading any of the older books on Vaastu. They did not talk of any such things neither did they say anything bad will happen due to effects of vaastu. They merely conveyed guiding principles to construct temples.


    Please do suggest your best reference book (I do approach things with open mind) ... and why do you think we needed guiding principles to construct temples - should they not be just another building and hence no special instruction needed?

    Originally Posted by sudhashbahu


    I hope that in my life time I am able to convince at least one person to give up belief in superstitions like vaastu-shastra (as practised today) and/or Astrology.



    Good luck - glad that you have a mission. Most ppl do not have a mission in life - it does not matter if the mission is good or bad - the key is you have one. That itself is an achievement.

    I may not subscribe to your view but do respect the same.

    Considering this is tips forum, and our discussion is going on tangent - and as such I would pass on further discussion in this thread - maybe some other day and place we may continue on this.
    CommentQuote
  • Very well said Dear AK2007,

    I think we all in this forum are mature enough to understand whats good n whats bad for us

    Dear sudhashbahu put your time and energy doing something constructive

    Let this forum b for superstitions ppl. like us

    Thank you very much for your suggestions now its upto us to accept the same so pls. no more suggestions

    Regards,
    Ameet
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AK2007
    Dear RA,


    If there are certain toilets I should not use, please do advise.

    2 toilets :-

    > The one attached to NE bedroom,
    > And another adjoining the kitchen in SE.

    Can the NE bedroom be puja and children bedroom, while we occupy the SW one?
    Yes.

    Once again we are hoping this as a interim solution.

    TIA
    ~A
    Actually, this is not very good house as per Vaastu but is thousand times better than where you are staying right now. Hence, as interim solution, you can shift.

    Just ensure you keep raw sea salt in all bathrooms & place a tulsi plant in NE Verandah.

    Amitwalia,

    Man, there's toilet in NE on ground floor. Destroy that ASAP.
    More details soon.
    CommentQuote