Vaastu Shastra - Tips

Vaastu Shastra is based on the principle of eight directions for proper implementation of the energy sources.
Experts practicing Vaastu Shastra recommend adhering to certain guidelines or tips for successful implementation of the ancient science.

Share you knowlegde - 'tips on Vaastu' with the real estate fraternity.
Read more
1782 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Would like to know everyone's input on below floor plan as per vaastu, usability and so on..
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hello InvestWest,
    NorthEast cut & toilet in NorthEast
    Avoid the flat or else got to suffer like me but
    Pls. wait for RA's observation regarding the same
    Regards,
    Ameet
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ameetwalia
    Hello InvestWest,
    NorthEast cut & toilet in NorthEast
    Avoid the flat or else got to suffer like me but
    Pls. wait for RA's observation regarding the same
    Regards,
    Ameet

Can you please elaborate in details?
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by investwest
    Would like to know everyone's input on below floor plan as per vaastu, usability and so on..

Adding my comments as you asked for inputs on usability and not just Vaastu (which I dont believe in)

South Facing balconies means that you will have good light in the house for most of the year. Except for the kitchen all have south openings so most of the house will have needed warmth in winter. Of course assuming that the south side is really open and not facing a tall building close-by

Does the living room have windows in the SW corner? If yes that will be excellent for cross ventilation.

One wall of the master bed open to the terrace which is great, but then creating storage place will be a challenge. Also if you are one of those who like TV in the Master Bed then where to place it could be a challenge.

Most people like to keep the "mandir" in north or NE. In this case the mandir has to fight with storage place.

Is the East side of the MB open?

No house is practically perfect but this one has many positives.

Of course, with Vaastu "Shastra" in picture everything would change dramatically.
    CommentQuote
  • Sudhashbahu - South is all open till 300 ft and all windows are on south - cosidered this point at the time of visit and light was good and was airy too.
    Sunlight - felt it in balconies but for living room it gets blocked by balcony above the window. All other rooms get sun - need to check kitchen - probably sun won't be able to peep in kitchen.
    Living room has only 1 window in south and another balcony door (next to dining area / kitchen).

I thought about mandir at the small corner in dining area - the cur at the entry to kitchn and last wall of hall attaching common bath - that's the only place I can think of. Any other suggestion?

Master Bed - do you suggest to get that door wall modified with a small opening to balcony? i THINK tv cannot be conveniently adjusted but the wall opp to balcony can be used for TV. Storage can only be possible in the shown style.
    There's a small window on east in M. Bed where another building is 15-20 ft away.

Any comments as per vaastu? What I know is North East or North West are good for entry - I get here North west. Actual entry to hall is north. Kitchen cooking platform will be west facing and sleeping can be arranged as shown - E-W (or S-N with some adjustment in balcony opening in M. Bed).

I avoided the mirror image flat as I knew that north opening to all windows never gets you the sun light.
    CommentQuote
  • if bed in master is kept as shown in above plan, I think i can have one small cupboard next to bed as well - in between bed and wall opp to entry.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by investwest
    Sudhashbahu - South is all open till 300 ft and all windows are on south - cosidered this point at the time of visit and light was good and was airy too.
    Sunlight - felt it in balconies but for living room it gets blocked by balcony above the window. All other rooms get sun - need to check kitchen - probably sun won't be able to peep in kitchen.
    Living room has only 1 window in south and another balcony door (next to dining area / kitchen).

No house is going to be perfect. I think what you have is good. For Kitchen, take wife's opinion.

Originally Posted by investwest

I thought about mandir at the small corner in dining area - the cur at the entry to kitchn and last wall of hall attaching common bath - that's the only place I can think of. Any other suggestion?

God is in your heart. Location of mandir does not matter. Your destiny is determined by you good karma and not where the mandir is placed. Practically speaking you can keep mandir in Kitchen or dining area if you don't eat non-veg.

Master Bed - do you suggest to get that door wall modified with a small opening to balcony? i THINK tv cannot be conveniently adjusted but the wall opp to balcony can be used for TV. Storage can only be possible in the shown style.
    There's a small window on east in M. Bed where another building is 15-20 ft away.

I dont like TVs all around the house so I would prefer the wide open balcony. One option you could try is move the bed to the other wall, the one with the small window. The wall where the wardrobe is currently shown can be used for TV and current wall where bed is shown can be used for wardrobe.

Any comments as per vaastu? What I know is North East or North West are good for entry - I get here North west. Actual entry to hall is north. Kitchen cooking platform will be west facing and sleeping can be arranged as shown - E-W (or S-N with some adjustment in balcony opening in M. Bed).

RA is the resident Vaastu consultant. Await his opinion.

I avoided the mirror image flat as I knew that north opening to all windows never gets you the sun light.

And in winter it will be colder than this one.

if bed in master is kept as shown in above plan, I think i can have one small cupboard next to bed as well - in between bed and wall opp to entry.

See if my other suggestion above works for you. You can make an L shaped one then.
    CommentQuote
  • Sudhashbahu - Thank you :)

RA, would you please like to throw some light in it?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear RA,
    I have decided to purchase the attached flat.Please give your suggestions that should I go for it or not.Please reply soon,its very urgent for me,

Thanks
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Itna sannata kyu hain bhai ???
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nkm2793
    Hi RA,

I am really thankful to u for doing all the good work for us.I have selected another flat.Please look it and advise that should I go for it or not,

Thanks in advance

The entrance is good, so is NE. However, the major issues here are :-

> There are toilets in North, & this leads to financial problems,
    > Half of the kitchen falls in Brahmasthan. Health problems especially related to area around stomach is seen.

There is some cut in SW also while entire SE is missing, but the above 2 mentioned issues are major ones & hence it won't be advisable to buy this flat.
    CommentQuote
    Dear RA,
    I am considering one more similar flat,Please give your valuable advise .It means a lot to me,Thanks

The major issue is the entrance, which is in SW.
    This type of entrance plagues one by delays in all the things, be it career, education, marriage etc. Apart from this, the owner of the house is more or less is unable to take any firm decisions. These type of houses are good only for first 3-5 years in general & it is recommended only for people involved in illegal work.
    Stability is always an issue. And lots of resources are wasted or they go in non-useful things.

Hence, first & foremost, these type of properties having SW entrance should be rejected. Such entrance is the most worst entrance as per Vaastushashtra.

Apart from this, the m.bed comes in NE which is again the least favorable location for bedroom. Progeny is hampered if bedroom is located here. And icing on the top is toilet in North, which leads to further financial drain.

Hence, avoid buying this flat at all costs.
    CommentQuote
    Dear RA,
    I have selected two flats ,out of which I have to purchase one flat.Both flats are identical and are side by side.Please compare both the flats and advise which one is good.Dear RA Sir,I have immense faith in You,Please advise should I go for it or not,Thanks in advanse

Here you have mentioned 2 floor plans.

Floor plan 1 (east facing SE entry) :-

> A major cut & toilet in NE.
    This is enough to reject this flat.

Floor plan 2 (West facing NW entry):-

> Half of the NE is cut,
    > Major cut in SW, which as said earlier is not good in terms of overall balance in life,
    > M.bed in SE which leads to poor marital harmony. Relationships get spoiled for no reason especially between the couple staying here,
    > Kitchen in NW which burns up most of the opportunities coming your way. Some times, the work gets canceled at last moment. Air + Heavy Fire = Explosion !!,

To conclude, among all the 3 floor plans, the above 2 & the one in post above, not a single floor is good enough to hit buy. The floor plan should be atleast 70% positive which is not the case in any of the one above.

Hence, scout for some better options. All the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashok dhamu
    HI,
    Im myself Ashok Dhamu. Im a interior designer,
    After doing some project with clients vastu experts.i reliase my own house need some vastu experts inspection.
    I regularly read your post on IREF.
    Im living in this flat from 2009. Pls share your openion.

Its good to see the way you have put up your floor plan.
    The major issue is that the house has the dosha called 'Vidisha' which is due to the house being aligned in sub-direction. These houses have asymmetric magnetic fields within them, which is not good for human health.

Apart from this, there are toilets in North-NE, which is again bad especially for head related illness like migraine, eye pain, hypertension etc. The fear of unknown also keeps bothering the residents.

Having cut & kitchen in North means making entry of money inside the home difficult. And even if some money comes, savings aren't as good as they should have been even in normal circumstances. Also, having 5 corners is not good.

South too is entirely missing, which never offers good control or command on the job for whom its being done. Lack of South means poor ground & in absence of good base, nothing can be improved drastically in one's life, no matter how strongly its tried.

Then there are cases where the person does the work but doesn't get rewarded. Even if money is supposed to be paid to you, for some reason either entire amount is not paid or completely defaulted. Works taken up gets halted mid-way apparently for no logical reasons.
    Please let us know if the issues mentioned above are true or not in your case. Asking this since you are already staying here for past 5 years.

To be frank, the issues are many & that too are grave. The only solution which exists here is to sell off this house & buy a new one. Infact, I would even to the extent to say that first shift out of this house & stay on rent in some other place which is Vastu positive & then search for new house. And not matter what, sell off this house ASAP.
    CommentQuote