KEEP BROOMS AND MOPS OUT OF FIGHT

Mops and brooms are associated with sweeping out the negative and stale energy of the home but they can also sweep away good energy. Feng Shui advises that you hide them away after you have finished cleaning.

KEEP THINGS IN PAIRS

If you want someone to share your life with, surround your personal space with objects and ornaments in pairs, such as ducks, butterflies or birds.

NEVER USE CHIPPED GLASSES OR CROCKERY

You should never serve coffee or tea in a chipped cup, drinks in a chipped glass or pour from a jug with a broken rim. Drinking from a cup or glass which has even the tiniest flaw symbolically cuts the mouth or lip, affecting one’s speech. Crockery or glass in the home that is chipped or broken should be thrown away immediately.

REPLACE DEFECTIVE LIGHT BULBS IMMEDIATELY

You should never have too bright a light directly overhead, either in the office or the bedroom, since this may cause health problems. It is a bad omen if a bulb blows in the office or bedroom whilst you are there. If the bulb is replaced immediately, all will be well. Have some spare bulbs handy for such an eventuality.

DRESSING TABLE SHOULD NOT FACE THE BED

Never position your dressing table directly opposite the foot of your bed. The mirror itself will cause a great deal of bad luck, friction and relationship problems. If you cannot move your dressing table, keep all hand mirrors, make up and combs inside the drawers, and drape a cloth over the mirror. This temporarily solves the problem.

Dr Ranjeet Mehta
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • CommentQuote
  • I need your opinion on one flat that I am planning to buy. Will this be a good vastu house? If there are any Vastu defects, can they be taken care off or should I look for a different property? Your opinions will definitely be helpful for me to finalize this property. Hoping to get a reply. I have attached the floor map of the flat. Please review it and let me know your opinion.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Can you please suggest if we can extend our bedroom situated in North-West (by taking little towards North) when compared to the rest of our house? The extension of bedroom leads to L shaped extension compared to rest of the house, as there 6 feet space in the whole north portion of the plot? Is it good in sense of Vaastu?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Checkkerz63
    Can you please suggest if we can extend our bedroom situated in North-West (by taking little towards North) when compared to the rest of our house? The extension of bedroom leads to L shaped extension compared to rest of the house, as there 6 feet space in the whole north portion of the plot? Is it good in sense of Vaastu?

Dear Checkkerz63;

How big is the existing place? What ratio is that 6 feet of total area ,are the factors which will tell the impact of L shape as per vastu. In which direction you are going to sleep after the extension, is also an important point to consider.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ikaushik1
    I need your opinion on one flat that I am planning to buy. Will this be a good vastu house? If there are any Vastu defects, can they be taken care off or should I look for a different property? Your opinions will definitely be helpful for me to finalize this property. Hoping to get a reply. I have attached the floor map of the flat. Please review it and let me know your opinion.

Hello ikaushik1;

Everything looks good, there is no problem in buying it but it seems your expectations are not fulfilled as that is effect of the entrance. Hope I satisfied you with the answer.
    CommentQuote
  • HI,

I need help in purchasing a house. This is going to be my first home and I am not very knowledgeable about Vaastu Shastra but would like to ensure that the house I am going to live in does not have any major defects. I am attaching a plan here for your reference. Nos 1 and 3 are currently the most affordable options for me.

Request your kind guidance in the matter.

Best regards.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • When sleeping on the bed, ensure you sleep with your head towards the south. Sleeping on the left side is recommended for people who have Vata and Kapha constitutions and for those who have pita, they should sleep on the right side.

Staircases are integral part of our homes but believe it or not, staircases can affect your health. There should be no staircase in the center of the house as it can lead to major health issues. If there is a requirement for a staircase, it should be installed in the corner.

The centre of the house should be empty or devoid of any heavy furniture. This is because the centre of the home is the Brahmasthan. And it should be kept empty for free flow of energy in house. Furniture obstructs the flow of energy and stagnation of energy can bring bad health to the people living in house.

Reiki crystals can be kept in the Brahmasthan as it keeps the house energized with positive energy. Reiki can enhance and strengthen positive energy in house. It is a good idea to keep Reiki crystals in house.Install a Reiki charged crystal grid in the Brahmasthan, to keep the whole house energized.

Overhead beams are used predominantly in houses during construction. But be careful that overhead beams should not run through the centre of the house. Overhead beams can cause a disturbed mind, because they block the positive communication with your mind.

For good health, it is important that fire elements in the house be in good balance. If the house is south-facing or has a slope in this direction or if the generator faces northeast and if the underground water tank is in the south-east region, health problems will be common.

Light a candle every day in the fire zone, i.e. the southeast direction in the house. Candles are the most beautiful way of illumination. Besides, they also add beauty and brilliance to the surroundings. The color of the candle represents its elements and the effects it may bring in your life.

If someone in your house is keeping unwell, keep a burning candle in his/her room, for a couple of weeks.Placing the candle in North is good for career and livelihood, while in the North-east, it is helpful for knowledge and understanding. In the East, a candle signifies matters related to family and health. In case you are placing a candle in the South, it represents fame and success. In the South-west, it stands for love and relationships, whereas if you keep it in the Western part of the house, you would be gifted with creativity. To develop friendship, you should place the candle in the North-west, but for balance and peace, keep it in the centre of the house.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prathap1

If someone in your house is keeping unwell, keep a burning candle in his/her room, for a couple of weeks.Placing the candle in North is good for career and livelihood, while in the North-east, it is helpful for knowledge and understanding. In the East, a candle signifies matters related to family and health. In case you are placing a candle in the South, it represents fame and success. In the South-west, it stands for love and relationships, whereas if you keep it in the Western part of the house, you would be gifted with creativity. To develop friendship, you should place the candle in the North-west, but for balance and peace, keep it in the centre of the house.

Where should we keep the candle to rid ourselves of silly superstitions?
    CommentQuote
  • Place the candles in the southeast direction in the house.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • sunita332911 months ago
      One could start by keeping the house clean at all times-- and we do not mean the obvious parts. This is one way to ensure a healthy living. According to Vastu, wealth does not increase in unclean places. In keeping your home clean lies the key to prosperity.