Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direction of the flat - east/west/north/south facing?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Direction of the flat - east/west/north/south facing?

Last updated: May 27 2017
3 | Posts
11001 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direction of the flat - east/west/north/south facing?

I am a newbie in real estate and planning to purchase a flat in Kalyan/Dombivli area.

I wanted to know from from experienced members regarding the direction of the flat I should look for. I am being told that a west facing flat will be airy because of the wind direction from west to east but west facing flats remain hot for much of the evening. East facing ones have the morning sun rays but I am not sure about the ventilation. Also any idea about the pros/cons of these directions as well as north and south facing would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Re : Direction of the flat - east/west/north/south facing?

Facing alone is not criteria for good / bad vastu compliance. Preferred flat is having entrance in East Northeast or North Northeast entrance. Of course there are many more things to verify such as projections / cuttings / Kitchen / Toilet / Bed Rooms etc

Comment

Hello Sir,

Building is tilted and I am planning to buy Flat no. 601 which is 20%tilted towards South East

Query / Requirement: - I have booked Flat 601; is it good decision as other factors related to flat are good as per vastu.

Kindly Suggest.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alexmum View Post
        I am a newbie in real estate and planning to purchase a flat in Kalyan/Dombivli area.

I wanted to know from from experienced members regarding the direction of the flat I should look for. I am being told that a west facing flat will be airy because of the wind direction from west to east but west facing flats remain hot for much of the evening. East facing ones have the morning sun rays but I am not sure about the ventilation. Also any idea about the pros/cons of these directions as well as north and south facing would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
        The general wind direction is from West/south West. So windows in this direction will let in a breeze unless blocked by other buildings. Also, you must have windows in some other direction too for the breeze to flow ... Cross ventilation.

Dombivli is 19.21 degrees North. Which means sun will be south for 91% of the year. Windows to the south will mean lots of direct sunlight for most of the year except peak summer. Of course this is valid only if the windows are not blocked by other nearby buildings.

Note that a window in any direction will bring in light if not blocked. The above reference is with direct sunlight.

However a house where any three directions are blocked and open in only one direction, whichever it may be, is not good as it will not have any cross ventilation.

In a crowded place like Kalyan Dombivli, whether you get air/sunlight will be determined by nearby buildings more than your flat, unless your flat is at a high floor, and clear of nearby buildings.

Above answer is based on common sense and geography.

If your question was more about vastu then common sense doesn't apply.

Comment

Tags: None
        Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X