Sort by :
Filter by :
- Well, Vastu is something that everyone, who believes in it, should consider. And though tenants have very little to select from, they can still look for properties that give them maximum benefit as per Vastu. The fact is the tenants cannot make drastic changes in the rented flat. So, it becomes important to consider Vastu compatibility before renting a flat.
- So, does Vastu affect the landlord or the tenant?
- Originally Posted by mmalhotSo, does Vastu affect the landlord or the tenant?
Vastu affects the space that has been occupied rather than the owner or the tenant. It affects the occupant.CommentQuote1Flag
- Ok, so I guess landlords should ease down a bit when tenants wish to make some changes to the flat at their own expenses, right?CommentQuote1Flag
- Originally Posted by mmalhotOk, so I guess landlords should ease down a bit when tenants wish to make some changes to the flat at their own expenses, right?
Yes, in fact landlords should try and make their homes Vastu compliant as much as possible not for the tenants alone but for their own benefit too.CommentQuote1Flag
- Thanks @Malvish now that is something that we cannot expect Indian property owners to do for their tenants, can we? :)CommentQuote1Flag
- Well you can say that @mmalhot but then they have to remember that it will affect them in one way or another whether they plan to live in it or not. So for their own sake, they should get it done.CommentQuote1Flag
- Right @Malvish but if Vastu affects the space and the occupant, will it ever affect the owner who doesn't come to live in the house? Someone who just lives off on the rental income?CommentQuote0Flag
- @movedin I don't know how it would affect directly but think about it this way:
(1) People living in such a house on rent may leave the house owing to such things
(2) Those aware of such things and keen on living in Vastu compliant homes may not take the house on rent.
So, one way or another, the owner will be affected by the Vastu defect, though indirectly.
However, there are maximum chances that such things will never happen at all owing to the fast paced life, unavailability of houses in areas of choices, the sheer lack of awareness or a complete lack of belief in Vastu.CommentQuote2Flag
- Yes, you are right. Such things happen now. Even tenants are aware of all such things and they make it a priority.. At least most of the new developments are in compliance with such norms.CommentQuote0Flag
- Yes most of the new constructions are Vastu compliant and that also adds to the cost. Every bit of extra facility or amenity provided is charged for and vastu is one of them. Still, it doesn't matter much to buyers as mental satisfaction always comes above other things.CommentQuote1Flag