Hi All,

The primary reason for this new thread is discussing the advantages of forming a personal close knit group, as it gives a better bargaining power when negotiating with a builder. My family (my brother and I) and some close family friends have formed a group. We are already five (so would need at least 5 flats from a builder) and we all know each other for years now, all are serious in buying a property and moreover, can move quickly to finalise the deal if we like some property. Knowing each other also means we can discuss our strategy, compare notes and eventually talk to the builder directly to get a good group deal. We have also already zeroed down on 2 properties at Ulwe.

BTW, some weeks back I tried joining some internet sites. These sites form groups for a particular property and then approach the builders for a better rate. After joining some of these sites and interacting with people managing these sites, my primary concerns are three fold (i) these sites approach the builder on your behalf and if the deal goes through, these sites get their commission for the deal only from the builder (ii) so the discount these sites claim to get for you from the builder may not be all that huge. (iii) difficult to get in touch directly with the other members of the group and one can only communicate primarily with the owners of these internet sites.
Read more
179 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Parin

Please allow me to point out that there is not much of an in depth analysis per se, but more an informal exchange of notes between the various members of the group regarding their interaction with various builders undertaking projects in the Ulwe area.

This being a personal group, we think it may not be such a good idea to make this informal exchange public on an open platform. That is the reason the group is sending some basic info. via PM to a select few people who are keen in joining our group.

Regards.
    CommentQuote
  • Aman, had been keen on ULWE region for a while. Liked your idea. Kindly include me in your group & send me details. Awaiting..
    CommentQuote
  • Rajendra, as stated just in my previous post, it appears that the PM facility is disabled on this forum for new members with less than 10 posts i.e. new members with less than 10 posts on this forum may not be able to send or receive PMs from the other members.
    CommentQuote
  • guyzz.. chill...there r lot of ppl who r willing to join ...
    Things is every 1 should b more or less on a same platform...to be frank...
    otherwise we will mess up .. n nothing gonna workout..

hence before going to site, as decided by aman we shud have a group chat once we meet up..

well these ppl are just hyping the prices when u meet them...shud work out on a positive front.. as a group when we meet builders.. know they will be surprised.

also 1 thing which i didnt came across in this threadsis the fact of agreement value of the Total flat cost quoted...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guruy777
    guyzz.. chill...there r lot of ppl who r willing to join ...
    Things is every 1 should b more or less on a same platform...to be frank...
    otherwise we will mess up .. n nothing gonna workout..

hence before going to site, as decided by aman we shud have a group chat once we meet up..

well these ppl are just hyping the prices when u meet them...shud work out on a positive front.. as a group when we meet builders.. know they will be surprised.

also 1 thing which i didnt came across in this threadsis the fact of agreement value of the Total flat cost quoted...

well said, nobody will help you latter, do your homework , visit the site and check all the papers ...... ye duniya ab kisi kam ki nahee rahee , blind faith will bilnd you in all respects .... enjoy, :)
    CommentQuote
  • When members of the core group decided to start this thread, we were expecting a final group of around 10ish members. We already have confirmed 15+ members and rising....now informal talk is to cap the number at 20 and start the final talks with the builders. Let's see whether the group adheres to even this 20 cap. :D

We have a wonderful group mix. Top consultants, advocates, IT professionals, government officials etc. And I am confident this would turn out to be a very cohesive group. Whenever practically possible, most of us even have plans of staying in the flats after purchasing them, so a positive spin off would be having, hopefully, good neighbours in the long run.

The best thing is this group will be negotiating from a position of strength.
    CommentQuote
  • Shreyas, you've got khat.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi
    Greetings

Pls pursue group buying in the relevant section.

Read Rules pertaining to Real Estate Group Buying - Listings and Discussion - Indian Real Estate Forum - www.indianrealestateforum.com

Current thread being closed.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

Pls pursue group buying in the relevant section.

Read Rules pertaining to Real Estate Group Buying - Listings and Discussion - Indian Real Estate Forum - www.indianrealestateforum.com

Current thread being closed.

Cheers

Thread has been moved to the Group Buying section and reopened. Members are further requested to familiarize with the Group Buying guidelines/rules.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you "IGRM", the administrator of this forum, for reopening this thread.

"Not only must justice be done, it must also be seen to be done". I welcome this move by IGRM....
    CommentQuote
  • The members of the Ulwe joint booking group met yesterday and had a very productive meeting.

The group unanimously decided in the meeting, among other things, that further shortlisting of the properties should be carried out by this week/weekend and once this is done, negotiations should immediately begin with the shortlisted builder(s).

As the Ulwe group has now, more or less, reached the desired number and the group members’ final list is almost ready, the list may be finally closed by this weekend.

The people who had showed an interest earlier in being a part of the group and still haven’t done, are requested to PM/contact me ASAP stating they would definitely like to be part of the group and be included in the final list.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi ,

I am interested to buy a 2 bhk property in Ulwe...

Regards
    Kunal
    Thane(W)
    CommentQuote
  • I am interestd in 1 BHK in Ulwe

Thx
    Ken
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Aman... Include me with the group buying process... Will be grateful if you keep me abreast on the decision making process via my mail which i PM'd you. Requirement as stated will be 1 BHK.

Thx
    Ken
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Kunal (userid "newflat"), as stated already in some of my previous posts, it appears that the PM facility is disabled on this forum for new members with less than 10 posts i.e. new members with less than 10 posts on this forum may not be able to send or receive PMs from the other members.
    CommentQuote