Hi All,

The primary reason for this new thread is discussing the advantages of forming a personal close knit group, as it gives a better bargaining power when negotiating with a builder. My family (my brother and I) and some close family friends have formed a group. We are already five (so would need at least 5 flats from a builder) and we all know each other for years now, all are serious in buying a property and moreover, can move quickly to finalise the deal if we like some property. Knowing each other also means we can discuss our strategy, compare notes and eventually talk to the builder directly to get a good group deal. We have also already zeroed down on 2 properties at Ulwe.

BTW, some weeks back I tried joining some internet sites. These sites form groups for a particular property and then approach the builders for a better rate. After joining some of these sites and interacting with people managing these sites, my primary concerns are three fold (i) these sites approach the builder on your behalf and if the deal goes through, these sites get their commission for the deal only from the builder (ii) so the discount these sites claim to get for you from the builder may not be all that huge. (iii) difficult to get in touch directly with the other members of the group and one can only communicate primarily with the owners of these internet sites.
Read more
179 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • "Shelloni" and "Yognandini", please check your e-mails.
    CommentQuote
  • The numbers swell! This is great going!!
    CommentQuote
  • Hi aman001,

Great idea! Pls can you send me the details? I am strongly interested in a 2bk in ulwe. I personally visited the site a few months back. Appreciate that it's a bit late to join your group now. If possible in future, perhaps!

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Join Group

Hey Aman001, Would like to join your group as well. If you send me a PM.
    CommentQuote
  • ^^^^

Forum rules of IREF do not allow new members with less than 10 posts to send or receive PMs.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Aman001,

I am interested in purchasing a 2 BHK apt at Ulwe.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by donkeykong
    just as a note please don't put ur emails in the forum thread...per the rules you are NOT allowed to do so.

Exactly. Read Group Buying guidelines & Forum Rules to avoid suspension.
    CommentQuote
  • Mods, can you please let us know why OP was suspended ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aman001
    ^^^^

Forum rules of IREF do not allow new members with less than 10 posts to send or receive PMs.

K, don't want to put my email address up here, will PM you once I am eligible to.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Aman001,

I am looking for a 2BHK in Ulwe and interested in joining your group. Request you to send me a PM if possible (I am unable to send one) on whether I can join the group and the details of the projects you have narrowed down on. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Aman001, Could you please send me the details over email/PM?
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks! Sent Him a note.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi there,

I sailed the same boat like you of making my home in mumbai...but consider new,resale, prelaunch or whatever, the rates are so high that i decided to drop.

I have been staying abroad on a longterm project but planning to get back by mid of 2013. I visited this forum regularly when deciding on any property or location. I never heard of Ulwe when i was in india 2 months back.

After reading a lot of info about ulwe, i think this would be nice place in near future.

I would like to join your group for the group deal. I am interested in 2Bhk of a decent size.
    You can count me in.

Kindly mail me the project/ builders you have shortlisted,

Thanks & Regards.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Aman,

I am quite keen on investing in a 2BHK flat in Ulwe and would appreciate if you could add me to the group.

Kindly email /PM me for me to join.

Thanks & Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Aman,

I am very keen on investing in a 2BHK flat in Ulwe and really appreciate your initiative. Please add me to the group.

Kindly email /PM me to join.

Thanks & Regards
    CommentQuote