If someone wants to own a residence somewhere out of India in any international location (for both – investment purpose as well as for self usage), what are basic things from where one shall start? Does anyone have idea about owning a house in some international locations? I am also looking for suggestions from the members on board about the location (i.e. country and the city) which would offer some gud returns. If you have some other tip that would be helpful while or before investing then kindly do share over here.

Thanks with Regards
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Aswani

First of all I would suggest you do as much research on the International market. What kind of return are you expecting? Are you considering Residential, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Resorts?

Do your due diligence on the market condition. The economic situation on the country. What trades and commerce are widely used? Which countries do business etc,.

Talk to an attorney regarding immigration and visa policies. Talk to an CPA or an accountant about tax issues in the country. Make contact with Insurance guys, property management company if you want somebody else to manage your property. Find a Realtor to help you find properties.

Every country has its own rules and regulations, so Reasearch, Research, Research as much as possible and if you have any questions let me know, I will be happy to help.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by geoliza
    First of all I would suggest you do as much research on the International market. What kind of return are you expecting? Are you considering Residential, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Resorts?

Do your due diligence on the market condition. The economic situation on the country. What trades and commerce are widely used? Which countries do business etc,.

Talk to an attorney regarding immigration and visa policies. Talk to an CPA or an accountant about tax issues in the country. Make contact with Insurance guys, property management company if you want somebody else to manage your property. Find a Realtor to help you find properties.

Every country has its own rules and regulations, so Reasearch, Research, Research as much as possible and if you have any questions let me know, I will be happy to help.

Thanks.
    International Real Estate agent.

First of all, how does one open an account in a US bank, sitting in India?
    CommentQuote
  • Opening a US bank account is only possible when you visit any of the US bank branch personally.

Even in late 1990's anyone could open a US bank account sitting anywhere in the world. But after 2000 due to the KYC norms in place, the banks require at least one personal visit with national ID and documents.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Aswani

In the UK it is very easy. In fact most people don't know that you can get permanent residency very easily and a passport straight away if you make a investment of £250k into a UK company. This can be a investment that gives you returns annually and be taken back out of the company at a later date.
    CommentQuote