Hello People,

Had a very quick question on Power of Attorney for NRIs.

I am a citizen and resident of Canada. I am looking to buy a property in India through a Home Loan. I have been asked by my bank to appoint an attorney who will carryout the required procedures for buying a property.

Question really is Can i not get a local attorney to create a power of attorney and have that mailed over to india without going through of hassle of involving local indian consulate? Is that really neccessary ?

Can anyone please shed some light on this ?

Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Which bank is it? I think you can get it done via a Notary public and then get the POA holder's registered in India.

    Please check the instructions for the POA for the bank. I know ICICI and ING allow it to be attested by public notary