Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and looking to buy property in or near Delhi. There are so many projects I am really confused. Can someone please help. I am from Australia and looking to retire in India.
Read more
34 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Sonu,

Anyone would need more info to be able to give you any worthwhile suggestions.
    Such as, budgets, timelines, preferences etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Yadav, to invest timeline about 6 to 9 months (i am not moving for another 10 years, it will rented out hence no problem if possession is after 5 years), budget Rs1cr to Rs 3cr. preferences: state of art living, maximum 3 bedroom, NRI living with all the amenities and easy excess to Delhi. Want to live amongst all the NRI. I am conscious of maintenance fee as it is retirement plan i need to be mindful about ongoing costs.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sonu71
    Hi Yadav, to invest timeline about 6 to 9 months (i am not moving for another 10 years, it will rented out hence no problem if possession is after 5 years), budget Rs1cr to Rs 3cr. preferences: state of art living, maximum 3 bedroom, NRI living with all the amenities and easy excess to Delhi. Want to live amongst all the NRI. I am conscious of maintenance fee as it is retirement plan i need to be mindful about ongoing costs.

If you are looking at retirement homes then I recommend going for golf course properties. Open space and lots of greenery. Rental would be good too. Both gurgaon and Noida expressway have good options. In Noida, the best golf properties are in jaypee Greens. Good quality construction. If you can look at greater noida then Jaypee has some amazing golf properties. Noida is cheaper than Gurgaon though with your budget gurgaon has good options too. Gurgaon rentals would be high though. Gurgaon scores over noida expressway in terms of job availability in gurgaon though in your case not sure if that would be a criteria.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Please note you need running income after retirement also to sustain and you should prepare yourself for it. if you build corpus and then living on that money is not possible as inflation will eat most of it.

how you planning to rent it? Do you have any relative in India? If yes then buy a individual house instead of Apt. You get better appreciation, expand as your family requirement increase and renting a part or floor of it will give you sufficient money for you and no monthly cost for high maintenance of Apt buildings.

You have to do rotation with these Apt or else in 10years the Apt society you buy now will not be even livable. When you move in to your own house in 10years then you can spend money to refurbish the house as you want.

Go with a decent apt like Jaypee Boomrang and if you worried about high maintenance cost then buy house in Sector-14 or sector-40, Noida Area. My preference will be Sector-44 but don't think you can buy in 1-3cr. You can also go with Gurgaon but then go for Apt.

I came from US and bought 2 plots in jaypee sports city for own home and second for investment. I will build house in next 5years as per my specification and since its Gated community so security will not be issue for family. Its far but on Expressway with no traffic lights till Delhi. I am expecting it to be better living but you can go do your own analysis and decide if its good for you.

Originally Posted by Sonu71
    Hi Yadav, to invest timeline about 6 to 9 months (i am not moving for another 10 years, it will rented out hence no problem if possession is after 5 years), budget Rs1cr to Rs 3cr. preferences: state of art living, maximum 3 bedroom, NRI living with all the amenities and easy excess to Delhi. Want to live amongst all the NRI. I am conscious of maintenance fee as it is retirement plan i need to be mindful about ongoing costs.
    CommentQuote
  • My only reservation with these apt for retirement is high maintenance cost. I had option to buy but considering cost of Rs7-10 per month today you can say these are costly affair.

Originally Posted by mpandey78
    If you are looking at retirement homes then I recommend going for golf course properties. Open space and lots of greenery. Rental would be good too. Both gurgaon and Noida expressway have good options. In Noida, the best golf properties are in jaypee Greens. Good quality construction. If you can look at greater noida then Jaypee has some amazing golf properties. Noida is cheaper than Gurgaon though with your budget gurgaon has good options too. Gurgaon rentals would be high though. Gurgaon scores over noida expressway in terms of job availability in gurgaon though in your case not sure if that would be a criteria.

CommentQuote
  • Retirement in Gurgaon

Sonu,

You have given wide range in your budget.

On your lower limit of 1CR, you can get a 3BHK in some projects in Gurgaon, but having been an NRI for 17 years and having seen over 70 countries I can say you would be wanting much more than what you can get for 1Cr.

Around your higher limit of 3CR, since your requirement will be many years from now, there are some new projects coming up or rather about to be soft launched. In due time I'll give you the details (soft launches yet to be announced as being internally deliberated upon by builders).
    These would actually leave you with spare funds (after getting a 3BHK) for investing in commercial projects which would give you substantial appreciation and would give handsome returns in terms of rental income.

CommentQuote
  • Maintenance expenses post retirement

Sonu,

If you make a couple of small investments (split into different projects to hedge your risks) in commercial projects with the balance from your total of 3Cr after getting your 3BHK, they will give you enough rental income for a very good living standard and will take care of all maintenance and other expenses related to your house.

Guess when you say 3BHK you mean a 3BHK with a servant room. Those would be in sizes of around 2000 +/- 100 sqft. If you book now in good projects (high end specifications) You should be able to get for around Rs 10K psft that would leave you almost 1 Cr to invest in commercial projects which would give you rental income of over Rs 1L per month.

Originally Posted by CaptainYadav
    Sonu,

You have given wide range in your budget.

On your lower limit of 1CR, you can get a 3BHK in some projects in Gurgaon, but having been an NRI for 17 years and having seen over 70 countries I can say you would be wanting much more than what you can get for 1Cr.

Around your higher limit of 3CR, since your requirement will be many years from now, there are some new projects coming up or rather about to be soft launched. In due time I'll give you the details (soft launches yet to be announced as being internally deliberated upon by builders).
    These would actually leave you with spare funds (after getting a 3BHK) for investing in commercial projects which would give you substantial appreciation and would give handsome returns in terms of rental income.
    CommentQuote
  • Retirement in Gurgaon

Personally if I was in your place, for end-use after 10 years i would not buy the house now.
    In 10 years a lot of things do change. But then of course the costs too change.
    Real estate prices can be matched by nothing but real estate.

I would invest into multiple projects (to hedge risks) preferably commercial (mix of retail and office spaces) as rentals as well as appreciation would be much better, with smaller ticket sizes (for liquidity considerations). I would make my money appreciate and then a year or two before my retirement actually see the residential projects around which are ready for possession and chose the one I like best.

Trust me if done right this will get the best you could want and would have enough investments in place to let you enjoy a luxurious life post-retirement.

In the past 3 years I have multiplied my investments in commercial properties by almost 4 times and that is just capital appreciation as i have never rented out any of my properties.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you, good idea. What kind of investments?
    CommentQuote
  • Investment diversification

Diversified.

Mix of retail (shops), office spaces (assured return/rentals) and may be small ticket residential apartments or small residential plots.

But for best gains, in the earliest stage of a projects life which is at the soft launch at the initial opening rates.

Good reputed builders who have delivered quality projects and have a reputation.

Not in areas which have already developed, but in areas where projects have just started coming as these areas will be at the lowest entry prices and will have maximum growth potential for the coming years.

Thank you, good idea. What kind of investments?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by CaptainYadav
    Diversified.

Mix of retail (shops), office spaces (assured return/rentals) and may be small ticket residential apartments or small residential plots.

But for best gains, in the earliest stage of a projects life which is at the soft launch at the initial opening rates.

Good reputed builders who have delivered quality projects and have a reputation.

Not in areas which have already developed, but in areas where projects have just started coming as these areas will be at the lowest entry prices and will have maximum growth potential for the coming years.

Honestly, if diversified investment with real estate is an option for Sonu then I agree that this is a very good advice.

CommentQuote
  • Investment diversification

Keep investing over a period.

I'll keep you posted with new good projects as they keep coming.
    I am doing the same. Have been doing it for the past few years.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you, so you bought stand alone land and going to build? what about security, water, electricty etc? heard these are major issues in Delhi
    CommentQuote
  • Investment in Gurgaon

Sorry, probably my message had an ambiguity.

I am not building projects.
    By "I'm doing the same for past so many years", I meant i am making diversified investments for the past so many years into good new launch projects of reputed builders.

Thank you, so you bought stand alone land and going to build? what about security, water, electricty etc? heard these are major issues in Delhi
    CommentQuote
  • Sarthak Estates

Sonu,

I waas in the merchant navy, have commanded ships.
    Quit sailing in 2007 and started own company for auditing ships and shipping companies.

We are a small group of very very close friends. Having been together at sea for years have a very strong bonding and very high trust levels.
    Families are very close.
    We invest as a group and do not involve brokers or agents.
    We deal with the developers directly and only with reputed ones. not small time builders.

Guess Sarthak are some brokers. we deal directly with the likes of DLF, Vatika, Spaze, JMD, Universal, Mapsko, Trehans, Bestec etc.
    CommentQuote