IREF® Real Estate in India - Property Discussion
Revert to old theme

Download our app now !

Reply
Ongoing Rates for Plots in Sectors 51 / 52, Gurgaon
April 9 2010 , 01:10 PM   #1
Member

roby007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 126
Likes Received: 5
My Mood: Cool
Ongoing Rates for Plots in Sectors 51 / 52, Gurgaon

Hi! friends looking for some advise of plot price in Sector 51, 52 for investment purpose.

On various real estate site price varies from 28000-35000 per sq yard. Some quote prem. and some all inclusive.

If some one having an idea of these are please comment about future prospects too.

r
April 9 2010 , 03:07 PM   #2
rajesh81
Unregistered User

rajesh81's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Likes Received:

28000-35000 per sq yard for only 250 yard small plots have 35000 to 45000

for investment is right but for living is worst without road and electricity
April 9 2010 , 04:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Venkytalks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,873
Likes Received: 2629

I agree. Plot only for investment

For living go for an apartment only

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh81
28000-35000 per sq yard for only 250 yard small plots have 35000 to 45000

for investment is right but for living is worst without road and electricity
April 9 2010 , 04:36 PM   #4
Member

roby007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 126
Likes Received: 5
My Mood: Cool
Gurgaln Land/plot price

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh81
28000-35000 per sq yard for only 250 yard small plots have 35000 to 45000

for investment is right but for living is worst without road and electricity

Thanks Guys. Yep it's for investment only. But that's a lot price difference between smaller and bigger plot. I was thinking for at least 6-7 years prospective. May be Metro will have have an affect after june 2010 or that affect has already been discounted?

r
April 10 2010 , 11:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Venkytalks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,873
Likes Received: 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby007
Thanks Guys. Yep it's for investment only. But that's a lot price difference between smaller and bigger plot. I was thinking for at least 6-7 years prospective. May be Metro will have have an affect after june 2010 or that affect has already been discounted?

r
The price quoted above seems quite expensive in absolute terms. I have no idea of market rates currently.

I was a little bothered by all the vacant plots in DLF Sushant Lok etc. The place has an unlived look. Investors are just buying plots and keeping it vacant

At some point the lack of end user demand for plots might affect the valuation, putting a cap on appreciation. Unless people want to build big houses and live there, valuation is just paper value.
April 10 2010 , 02:44 PM   #6
Member

roby007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 126
Likes Received: 5
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkytalks
The price quoted above seems quite expensive in absolute terms. I have no idea of market rates currently.

I was a little bothered by all the vacant plots in DLF Sushant Lok etc. The place has an unlived look. Investors are just buying plots and keeping it vacant

At some point the lack of end user demand for plots might affect the valuation, putting a cap on appreciation. Unless people want to build big houses and live there, valuation is just paper value.
paper value I agree. Even all assets classes are nothing but paper. Be it stock mkt. which had a free fall from 21 k to about 8k and again bounced or making new high. At least in land case you have something which doesn't evaporate over night.

BTW in north people still prefer independent house as per as recent report in TOI I think. I have also observed that in NCR (vaishali, vashundhara and indirapuram) Land price increased 4 to 5 times where as flat price about 3 to 3.5 times in last 6 years.

You are right plotted area takes time to develop as Investor keep on selling and end user keep on waiting to others to take the initiative to build a house.

Earlier owner had 15 year time to build house after taking possession now it has been reduced to 7 or 8 year by HUDA. Once that period is over person need to pay some penalty and that has also been increased. I know It will take another 7-8 year to get these sector fully developed but I'm sure price will also increase. Whenever I thought that it's enough they can not sale more then that I was proven wrong by market.
Alas but true. It's all sentiment driven market.

r
April 10 2010 , 10:16 PM   #7
Member

abhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 162
Likes Received: 12
My Mood: Breezy

I had purchased a plot of 200 sqyds in Sector 46 in March , 2009 for Rs. 70 Lacs. I sold it now for 1 Cr. (After 3 years) The vicinity is almost the same with zero development around it.

If you have cash component, then use it for a plot only. Gurgaon still has a long way to go. Look at prices in Delhi. Gurgaon is way cheaper that way.

Afterall, more and more people will move to Gurgaon and due to over supply of apartments, the prices might come down. As far as land is concerned, atleast you will not loose money.

From the current market trend, it doesn't seem that prices are going to go down.

Land is a good investment option. You can build a house on it. Put in on rent or sell it immediately.
April 11 2010 , 09:32 AM   #8
Member

roby007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 126
Likes Received: 5
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi
I had purchased a plot of 200 sqyds in Sector 46 in March , 2009 for Rs. 70 Lacs. I sold it now for 1 Cr. (After 3 years) The vicinity is almost the same with zero development around it.

If you have cash component, then use it for a plot only. Gurgaon still has a long way to go. Look at prices in Delhi. Gurgaon is way cheaper that way.

Afterall, more and more people will move to Gurgaon and due to over supply of apartments, the prices might come down. As far as land is concerned, atleast you will not loose money.

From the current market trend, it doesn't seem that prices are going to go down.

Land is a good investment option. You can build a house on it. Put in on rent or sell it immediately.
Thanks for giving the reply.
That's cool 40% appreciation Abhi. I see 46, 45, 51 and 52 adjacent as per google map. By looking at the number of sector it seems (if huda launching in order) that 51 and 52 launched later but location is not far from 45 and 46.
So Can I expect that 52, 51 will pick up to 46, 45 price i.e. around 50 k from 30-35 k (If I could get of course).

r
April 12 2010 , 11:14 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Venkytalks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,873
Likes Received: 2629

Great going abhi. Good deal.

My only worry for gurgaon in future is water problems
April 12 2010 , 02:11 PM   #10
Member

roby007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 126
Likes Received: 5
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkytalks
Great going abhi. Good deal.

My only worry for gurgaon in future is water problems
Well said venky but don't you think it's going to be the problem of whole NCR.
Everywhere water table is depleting.

r
Choose theme from here -
LinkBack
LinkBack URL LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks About LinkBacks